PDA

View Full Version : Gifts III

Slagar the Cruel
December 22nd, 2003, 12:46 PM
For the third year in a row, I'm making a list, checking it twice, throwing the list out the window, and getting people things they'll hate as a practical joke! It's...

GIFTS III
(set before I came back from my month-long absence)

Many Long Patrollers had gathered down in Slagar's Hideout. Furniture was overturned, drawers were raided, and boxes were opened, in search of Slagar's annual bundle of gifts. True to form, Slagar had been missing for a while, and was not around to give out the presents - which were usually terrible anyways. Why would the Patrollers go out of their ways to get their hands on gifts that they deplore? Well, a few of the gifts weren't that bad. Let no man say that Slagar the Cruel can't cook a smashing sctwo.

However, this searching was interrupted by an unexpected visitor - Slagar himself! From his mask to his boots, he was covered in fur... and clothes... and over his back was slung a bag of presents. "Hey, what are you doing back here, Slagar?" one Patroller demanded. "Long story," Slagar replied. "But as long as you're all invading my house, I might as well hand out your gifts." Some Patrollers cringed, but most agreed that it was best to get it over with.

"I might as well start at the top of the chain of command!" Slagar exclaimed, rummaging through his sack. He finally took out a book and gave it to Martin. "It's a Spanish-English dictionary, Martin!" Slagar said cheerfully. "Won't that be useful?" Instead of meeting Slagar's obvious jab at his use of Spanglish, he simply asked, "que pasa?" Slagar just moved on to the next person on his list.

"Here you go!" Slagar said as he handed Rimrose and Mackinsie slips of paper. Upon both slips were the words "SCRIBE of the Month Club - membership renewal". The two SCRIBEs pointed out that their previous "SCRIBE of the Month Club" cards stated that they would receive a lifetime membership, and that the club did not exist in the first place. "Well, you see..." Slagar started, "I, uh, have to move on to the rest of the members, so... bye!"

As Slagar moved towards the Red Badger, he rolled his eyes. "Let me guess, a pack of Christmas-themed oreos. Hey, do you know what I've gotten so far for Christmas this year? 800 packs of oreos. Now, I like oreos as much (heck, more) as the next Red Badger, but I'm getting kind of sick of the complete lack of originality in people's gifts for me!" Slagar stood ashen faced for a moment, and then ran into the laundry room of his Hideout. He came out holding a cup filled with a blue, transparent liquid. "You got me clothing detergent...?" Reds responded in disbelief. "Not just detergent, Reds! Have a cup of Cheer (TM)! Like the song! Ha! That's pretty clever, isn't it?" But before Reds could chomp Slagar for the bad pun, he was giving another gift.

"Well, Treerose," Slagar said to the charter member, "The stores were out of rap CDs and Schoenberg collections this year." "Yes," Treerose replied, "that's because I made sure they were all destroyed." "I couldn't find the original version of Star Wars on VHS either, which is a shame because you've only been subjected to the pitiful Special Edition. Anyways," Slagar continued as he handed the charter her gift, "I got you something almost as good as both of those gifts!" It was a book, entitled Lord of the Rings Rewritten - the special edition by Peter Jackson. Before she could even grab her boxing gloves, Slagar had moved on to the next Patroller.

"I made this especially for you, Ivy!" Slagar said proudly as he handed Ivy Ramble a box. Inside the box there was a sweater, upon which was written REDS IS RIGHT - I AM A DEMON.

Slagar approached Goozy, his arch-nemesis, but did not pull out a package. "Your gift is something special this year, Goozy!" Slagar said cheerfully. "It's too big to fit inside, so you'll have to go outside to get it!" Warily, but curiously, Goozy stepped outside of Slagar's door, to find a dump truck holding several tons of coal parked right outside. The coal was instantly dumped upon Goozy. Whether she survived or not is, er, unimportant.

After gloating over his victory, Slagar turned to Airemia. "I know you already have a Frying Pan of Doom," he said as he handed her a unique-looking pan, "so here's a Frying Pan of Mood! It changes temperature depending on how you're feeling." After sizing up the pan, Airemia dropped it with a yelp. "Oh, it becomes unbearably hot if you like something?" Slagar said surprised. "I thought that was when you felt angry about something. Hmm..."

To Pawflash, Slagar handed a mug reading Professional Yanographer. Only Pawflash and Slagar understood just what a mean gift this was.

To the "Jackaldeer" Caleyin, Slagar gave a free pass to an IAIA (Imaginary Animal Impersonators Anonymous) seminar. Whether she really was a jackaldeer or not is, er, also unimportant.

To Dandin1, Slagar gave a DVD of Yano - the Movie (http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=812). The English subtitles were so badly spelled, however, that nobody could understand them. "Why must you always give me gifts that mock my spelling?!" the infuriated Lego-mouse cried. "It's just a staple of the Gifts threads, Dandin," Slagar replied. "Nothing personal. What you should take personally is the fact that you die in that movie."

Servone got something special from Slagar this year - a parrot! The parrot was, however, dead, and nailed to its perch. Nobody could discern if it was a horrible atrocity or a funny reference.

Slagar quickly handed Senav a parcel, without so much as a word. When she opened it, she found a new set of markers, and a note reading To SENAV, hoping you won't be as STINGY with them when speaking to little MICE KIDS again like you were in that DRAWING of yours. You STINGY, STINGY PERSON you. By the way, RELEASE VANESSA. That is ALL.

Lyrian usually received nothing more than some sort of joke-hat from Slagar, which annoyed her to no end. So this year, Slagar didn't get her a hat. In fact, he didn't get her much of anything. "Uh, thanks for the sweater, Slagar," Lyrian responded after being handed a present, "but isn't this a little small for me?" Slagar snorted derisively. "You? That's for your cat, Lyrian. HONESTLY."

Speaking of Kymikan, Lyrian's cat... Kymikan's longtime nemesis (who was introduced to the LP around this time two years ago) is Yano, who has remained under Slagar's custody for all of that time. "What did you get me this year, mask-boy?" Yano inquired. "I hope you took my advice and got me a magical artifact instead of another bone. Because if you didn't, I'll have to eat you." Slagar gasped and stuck his hand into the bottom of his sack of gifts. Finally, he pulled out a damaged old boot which probably got in there by mistake. "Uh, here, Yano! It's the... boot of indescribable evil +2!" Before this deception registered with Yano, Slagar had moved on to his next target.

"Wait a minute," Slagar cried, "where's Wittley? I need to give him a bone... er, two bones!" Yano tapped Slagar on the shoulder. "I, uh, kind of ate Wittley while you were away," Yano explained. "You see, I didn't like any of the food you left for me, and you were gone for a month, so... how about I forgive you for the boot and we call it even?" Knowing that doing otherwise would result in a horrible death, Slagar agreed.

Slagar moved on to Darkhood, who he had previously given a cardboard sword to. "Here, Darkhood!" Slagar said. "A toboggan!" Darkhood accepted it happily, until he realized it was just the same cardboard sword slightly bent and modified to look like a toboggan.

"I couldn't exactly get gifts for everyone," Slagar conceded, "so I'm afraid that my sack is pretty much empty. But everyone who didn't get a present from me this year can help themselves to scones, sctwos, scthrees, and even a few scfours, which I have prepared and set out in the kitchen. But first, let me unveil my final gift!" The Long Patrol members all cringed. Slagar's last gift was always his worst! First it was Yano, then it was Wittley... what sort of terrible evil would he wreak upon his fellow Patrollers this year?

"Tada!" Slagar exclaimed as he pulled out a framed picture. "A special Christmas LP sketch!" The Patrollers breathed a sigh of relief. It wasn't so bad after all. "However," Slagar continued, "I didn't have time to put it into color, or even ink!" Immediately, every single person except Slagar charged out of the Hideout screaming, leaving Slagar's house trampled and deserted. "Huh," Slagar grumbled, "tough crowd."

THE END! (For this year)

By the way, here's the sketch in question:
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/221203-LPChristmasSketch.gif

I think I did a decent job with the foreground, but the people in the background are a little "off-model" and "out-of-scale". And, as I said, I never got this picture farther than it's pencil version. In the end, that sort of works out better, because my sketches usually lose something in the transition to pen. The bad side of that is that I drew the sketch on graphing paper, and you can still see some of the lines. Oh well. Hey, I put all four SCRIBEs into the background! Count 'em, FOUR! Haha! I still might make a special SCRIBE sketch, though, but only because I had a cool idea for it.

Anyways, I hope you guys don't take this personally or anything - it's just a traditional joke, that's all. ;) In all seriousness, I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Baby Rollo
December 22nd, 2003, 01:57 PM
Yay, I got a firehouse! I look so gosh darn cute in that picture. It makes me want to pinch my own cheeks.

*pinches cheeks*

Oh, I am so cute and adorable!

Airemia
December 22nd, 2003, 03:02 PM
*Adds the frying pan to her collection* Oh, very clever, Slagar. Very clever. :p

To Pawflash, Slagar handed a mug reading Professional Yanographer. Only Pawflash and Slagar understood just what a mean gift this was.

Actually, I understand perfectly well. Though I almost wish I didn't. ;)

LadyBeelze
December 22nd, 2003, 03:56 PM
*nibbles on a scone while she stares at the picture*
^.^ Snowball fights are fun
:lol:

t@gg :)
December 22nd, 2003, 04:01 PM
wheres me? im a patroller to ya know!

LadyBeelze
December 22nd, 2003, 04:05 PM
Tagg
wheres me? im a patroller to ya know!

Well it would take a very long time and really big paper to draw everyone y'know 0.0

Cale Yin
December 22nd, 2003, 04:15 PM
To the "Jackaldeer" Caleyin, Slagar gave a free pass to an IAIA (Imaginary Animal Impersonators Anonymous) seminar.

O! I shall huggle it and luvvle it and squiddle it for evah! *feeds pass with a baby bottle*

Senav
December 22nd, 2003, 05:28 PM
Fer one thing, my masked friend, that wasn't a mouse, he was a hamster!
*bashes door* He's a rat now.
Quiet you. Another, he's at least 50 years old (or seasons, take yer pick). And another, I'M NOT GIVING HIM MY PEN, DANGIT!
*breaks out of closet* Yes you are! It's my pen ayway.
Slags, who are the others in the picture? I can pick out the SCRIBES, obviously. The rat with the snowball looks creepily like the rodent version of myself.
I will get you back in that closet!

Baby Rollo
December 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
I'm the cute one in the picture. The one with the water hose.

Slagar the Cruel
December 22nd, 2003, 06:50 PM
wheres me?
A number of Patrollers aren't in that picture. I definately wasn't going for "all-inclusive" with that picture, I was just drawing whoever came to mind as right for the picture.

Slags, who are the others in the picture? I can pick out the SCRIBES, obviously. The rat with the snowball looks creepily like the rodent version of myself.
Oops, I forgot to mention that...

Back Row (Left to right):
- Rimrose, decked out in yuletide gear
- Martin, wearing the same clothes as his sister
- Reds, taking advantage of his higher position to rain snowballs down on passerbys
- Mackinsie, who was supposed to look elfish but turned out rather nondescript

Middle Row (Left to right):
- Yano, angry at Kymikan
- Kymikan, wearing his sweater and laughing at Yano's boot
- Goozy, an otter, preparing to ambush me with a snowball. There's probably a rock in it, too. Note that she is actually somewhere in between the front and middle rows.

Front Row (Left to right):
- Pawflash, desperately trying to make a retaliatory snowball in time
- Yes, that rat is indeed supposed to be Senav. Didn't turn out quite right, and I don't know exactly why she'd be helping me pummel Pawflash, but I suppose it's passable.
- I, Slagar... surprisingly, I think my self-portrait turned out the best. Suprisingly because I was originally intending to just have myself completely enveloped in snowballs, the target of everyone. (Reflecting club RPs... *cough* ANYWAYS...)
- Baby Rollo, about to shoot some water at me. Dibbuns = cruel.

LordTBT
December 22nd, 2003, 07:10 PM
thanks for the present, or lack thereof. see if you ever get anything from me, ha!

"Well, Treerose," Slagar said to the charter member, "The stores were out of rap CDs and Schoenberg collections this year." "Yes," Treerose replied, "that's because I made sure they were all destroyed." "I couldn't find the original version of Star Wars on VHS either, which is a shame because you've only been subjected to the pitiful Special Edition. Anyways,"

*GASPS IN SHOCK*

So youre telling me, you only learned about Star Wars, after the special editions were re-released? thats horrible, utterly terrible.
I cant believe you havent seen the originals. shame. shame i tell you.

And there's nothing wrong with rap music. it's certainly better than punk.

Martin the Warrior
December 22nd, 2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Slagar the Cruel
"I might as well start at the top of the chain of command!" Slagar exclaimed, rummaging through his sack. He finally took out a book and gave it to Martin. "It's a Spanish-English dictionary, Martin!" Slagar said cheerfully. "Won't that be useful?" Instead of meeting Slagar's obvious jab at his use of Spanglish, he simply asked, "que pasa?" Slagar just moved on to the next person on his list.

Gee, gracias. :rolleyes:

TBT
So youre telling me, you only learned about Star Wars, after the special editions were re-released? thats horrible, utterly terrible.
I cant believe you havent seen the originals. shame. shame i tell you.

Actually, she has seen the original version of A New Hope. Nothing wrong with seeing the Special Editions for the others.

And there's nothing wrong with rap music. it's certainly better than punk.

When it comes to opinions, you're entitled to yours, she's entitled to hers. And I'm entitled to mine, which coincides with hers: rap is awful. And so is punk. ;)

Pennybright
December 22nd, 2003, 10:41 PM
Great drawing, Slagar! :slagar I've always wanted to use that!

LordTBT
December 23rd, 2003, 01:54 AM
When it comes to opinions, you're entitled to yours, she's entitled to hers. And I'm entitled to mine, which coincides with hers: rap is awful. And so is punk.

yeah but my opinion is better than the both of yours. And technically you agree with both of us to an extent, but on another level I like to think youre a modern person, or so I hope, and you don't listen to classical music, but i have this strange feeling that you do, because you don't see the type to listen to any of the following genres(please correct me if i am wrong):
dance, trance, house, hip hop, dnb, breaks,disco, or metal.

maybe you listen to oldies.

Slagar the Cruel
December 23rd, 2003, 10:11 AM
First of all, Martin, I like your Christmas avatar / signature. Am I correct in assuming this is the first time you've changed your avatar so far?

Originally posted by Martin the Warrior
Gee, gracias. :rolleyes:Hey, there's nothing wrong with Spanglish, Martin. That Jaguar from the Mutanimals used it all the time, and nobody ever held it againt him. In fact, I like to think he was rather well-liked.

Originally posted by Martin the Warrior
Actually, she has seen the original version of A New Hope. Nothing wrong with seeing the Special Editions for the others....you're defending the Special Edition Jabba's Palace changes? You had no problem with Sny Snootles and some little furry loud thing taking the center stage of the scene? :eek:

Originally posted by Pennybright
Great drawing, Slagar! I've always wanted to use that!
Thanks! :slagar Use what?

Originally posted by LordTBT
yeah but my opinion is better than the both of yours. And technically you agree with both of us to an extent, but on another level I like to think youre a modern person, or so I hope, and you don't listen to classical music, but i have this strange feeling that you do, because you don't see the type to listen to any of the following genres(please correct me if i am wrong):

Yeah, I'm totally into dance and trance. And house. Can't forget that house music...

...actually, I have no idea what "dance", "trance", and "house" music is. :confused:

Yano
December 23rd, 2003, 10:19 AM
Yes... with my new boot of indescribable evil +2, I will be able to take on all who oppose me! Patrollers, SCRIBEs... even Kymikan!

It's curtain for you, all who oppose me!

dandin1
December 23rd, 2003, 10:30 AM
Err.. What a nice gift eh? *cough* *cough* :p
I love that sketch, it's really great! Kymikan and Yano look so funny. Someone should colors it.

Yano
"I, uh, kind of ate Wittley while you were away,"
That's great news! Uh, I mean, poor Wittley, aten by his... cousin or brother?

The Red Badger
December 23rd, 2003, 11:09 AM
*shares his cup of Cheer with everyone, starting with Slagar* CHUG IT! CHUG IT! CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!!! :cool:

yeah but my opinion is better than the both of yours. And technically you agree with both of us to an extent,

Technically, it'd be more you agreeing with them. You think the Charter can stand punk music? :lol:

but on another level I like to think youre a modern person, or so I hope, and you don't listen to classical music, but i have this strange feeling that you do, because you don't see the type to listen to any of the following genres(please correct me if i am wrong):

You're not one of them "shallow" types that judge people by what they like, are ya, Teebs? :D

...you're defending the Special Edition Jabba's Palace changes? You had no problem with Sny Snootles and some little furry loud thing taking the center stage of the scene?

It's "Sy" Snootles, not "Sny". :cool:

It's not like the original Jabba scene was so hot, anyway. :p

IMO, the only thing worth getting worked up over in the SE's is Greedo shooting first. That's just stupid.

Only ONE curtain? YOU STINKING CHEAP DEMON!!!!! Around Christmas, of all times.

Slagar the Cruel
December 23rd, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by The Red Badger
Only ONE curtain? YOU STINKING CHEAP DEMON!!!!! Around Christmas, of all times.
Yeah, Yano is a little cheap, isn't he? Someone should do something about that... and I guess that someone is me!

A YANO CHRISTMAS CAROL

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Wittlemoticon.GIF "Yano... Yano!"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Huh? Who are you?"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Wittlemoticon.GIF "In life I was your brother, Wittley! But you devoured me, remorselessly! It is this sort of thing that will get you cursed, as it did me! ...I mean, it's not like Slagar didn't leave us food. Why couldn't you have eaten that?"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Sure, he left food, if you like eating dead stuff."
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Wittlemoticon.GIF "*sigh*... I am sending 3 spirits to make you change your ways! Expect the first spirit... right now!"

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-ghostemoticon.gif "I am Ghil, the ghost of Long Patrol past! Come with me, and we will see your past, Yano!"

Yano said:
Huh? Where are we now?
Ghil replied:
We have been transported to the shadows of the past, Yano! Now look upon the deeds you have comitted years before now...

Originally posted by Yano:
Yano is evil, but not bad as to
Deprive you of a very helpful clue.
For a moment, forget this cat-slash-ape,
And let us speak of it's actual shape.
It's name's from a book, at least one or two,
It never has found peace in an igloo.
It once posted so much that it boggled the mind,
But posts from it lately are quite hard to find.
It's been in the Crater. Who would've guessed?
It's unknown if it's been in the Hall that is Messed.
You probably know who I am from this clue.
So this is the end of the poem. Adeiu

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Yeah, I remember that. That was during the whole "murder mystery" thing. What's your point?"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-ghostemoticon.gif "My point is that you're bad at writing riddles!"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Oh no, you're right! Nooooooo!"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-ghostemoticon.gif "Expect the second ghost... in the next post Slagar makes in this thread!"

Slagar the Cruel
December 23rd, 2003, 12:26 PM
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Scythermoticon.gif "Yano... Yano!"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Huh? Exactly who are you supposed to be?"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Scythermoticon.gif "I am Scyther37, the ghost of Long Patrol Present! Come forth and know me better, Yano!"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF *comes forth* "I still don't get who you're supposed to be."
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Scythermoticon.gif "*sigh* Forget about it. I get that a lot. Anyways, take a look at... THIS!"

Originally posted by Yano:
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Scythermoticon.gif "You only give one curtain to the whole of the Long Patrol for Christmas? I am apalled! Your selfishness leaves poor Redsie's windows without a curtain to spare."
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Well, I do have an over-abundance of curtains at my cesspool... maybe I should give some more out each year."
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Scythermoticon.gif "Okay, my job's done here. Expect the next ghost... in the next post Slagar makes in this thread!"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "I don't get it. Why can't I see all three spirits in one post and get it over with?"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-Scythermoticon.gif "Images-per-post limits."
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Ah."

Slagar the Cruel
December 23rd, 2003, 12:40 PM
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Wait, don't tell me... Ghost of Long Patrol Yet to Come, right?"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-grimemoticon.gif *OnlineHost*: Ghost_LPYTC rolled 3 26-sided alphabets: Y E S
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "What the deuce? The ghost of Long Patrol Yet to Come is an online host?!"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-grimemoticon.gif *OnlineHost*: Ghost_LPYTC rolled 5 26-sided alphabets: G O F I G
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Well, what does the future hold for me? Fame? Fortune? Rule over the entire planet?"
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-grimemoticon.gif *OnlineHost*: Ghost_LPYTC rolled 9 26-sided alphabets: G O D F O R B I D
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "You know, something tells me those dice are rigged."

*suddenly Yano and the ghost are transported to a cemetery*

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Eh? Why are we here? I'm an unstoppable force of immortal evil! I'm not going to die!"

*the ghost just points to a headstone which reads:*

YES YOU ARE, YANO

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-grimemoticon.gif *OnlineHost*: Ghost_LPYTC rolled 4 26-sided alphabets: H A H A

*in a flash, Yano is back in the normal LP, which is just as he left it*

:slagar "Well, Yano? Have you learned anything? Do you plan to change your outlook on life?"

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "Heck yeah! I'm going to work on my riddle skills, give away more curtains, and try harder to secure my immortality! Oh, and I'm going to eat more people from now on."

:slagar "D'oh!"

:redsy "Somebody told me that whenever a bell rings, a red badger chomps a masked fox." *CHOMP*

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/231203-yanocon.GIF "That's right... you go get 'im, Reds... go get 'im! Merry Christmas to all, and to all look out for the Yano!"

THE END

Airemia
December 23rd, 2003, 12:53 PM
*Applauds* Oh, excellent work, Slagar! Gee, how did I know that Scyther37 would be making an appearance? :p

LadyBeelze
December 23rd, 2003, 02:17 PM
LMAO :lol: That was a great story, slags. Such cute lil icons. *stares at them and wonders how the OH sneaked into this story*

LordTBT
December 23rd, 2003, 04:08 PM
...actually, I have no idea what "dance", "trance", and "house" music is.

ack *TBT falls down in shock* you mon ami have been missing out in some of the greatest music ever. let me find you a link explaining them, ah here it is

http://www.ishkur.com/features/music/index.htm#

House - 125-130bpms usually. I'm not good with descriptions. i'm sure others can fill in the rest.
example: Modjo - Lady

Trance - faster beats (135bpm and up) sometimes with or without vocals
example: Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes

Electronica - can include house, trance, and techno
example: anything by Daft Punk

Techno - almost like a harder style of trance with stronger beats and mindless melodies
example: Ferry Corsten - Punk

You're not one of them "shallow" types that judge people by what they like, are ya, Teebs?

only if those people listen to really really trashy music like john mayer.

Slagar the Cruel
December 23rd, 2003, 04:55 PM
*bows* Thank you, thank you. ;)

Originally posted by Airemia
Gee, how did I know that Scyther37 would be making an appearance? :p Am I really becoming that predictable? I honestly thought that I had gone long enough without bringing up Scyther37 that the reference would seem to come out of the left field. ;)

Martin the Warrior
December 23rd, 2003, 06:54 PM
TBT
yeah but my opinion is better than the both of yours.

...in your opinion. ;)

so I hope, and you don't listen to classical music

Yes, I do listen to classical music. And to some from some of the genres you mentioned, but my musical taste isn't really the subject here. ;)

Slagar
First of all, Martin, I like your Christmas avatar / signature. Am I correct in assuming this is the first time you've changed your avatar so far?

So far, yes.

...you're defending the Special Edition Jabba's Palace changes? You had no problem with Sny Snootles and some little furry loud thing taking the center stage of the scene?

Not really, no. Like Reds said, it wasn't exactly the greatest scene to begin with, anyway.

Reds
You think the Charter can stand punk music?

That's a funny mental image, though. ;)

Slagar
Am I really becoming that predictable? I honestly thought that I had gone long enough without bringing up Scyther37 that the reference would seem to come out of the left field.

At this point, there's no way you'll ever be able to bring up Scyther37 without it being predictable. It's like trying to make an Oreo reference from Reds come as a surprise.

Senav
December 23rd, 2003, 07:10 PM
Hey, I've no problem with punk music. Most of it, anyway...But I do detest rap. Rythmic, but really clanky background music, along with someone droning on about doing naughty things in clubs, and the videos usually involve much booty-shaking.
Um, yes. Nice depiction of Senav, acts like her (hey, I enjoy a good snowball pelting, as long as it's someone else).
And an amusing Christmas tale, too bad Yano has the morality of a...I dunno. Nothing's as bad as him, I guess.

Glenner
December 26th, 2003, 06:23 PM
:lol:@ A Yano Christmas Carol.

Treerose
December 26th, 2003, 06:38 PM
LOL, Funny picture and story, Slagar! :lol:

"It was a book, entitled Lord of the Rings Rewritten - the special edition by Peter Jackson. Before she could even grab her boxing gloves, Slagar had moved on to the next Patroller.

Well, I've finally been catching up to the recent threads on the Forum....and now I've caught up with you! ::biffs Slagar:: ;)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reds
You think the Charter can stand punk music?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin:
That's a funny mental image, though.

Me and punk music? Good galaxy, what a scary thought... :eek: (Funny mental image, indeed. <g>)

Tree <-- who now has to go listen to her newest classical flute music CD to get all thoughts of punk out of her mind ;)

~~~~~

"Once Toscanini and Stravinsky were fellow passengers on a sea voyage, and Stravinsky remarked to him that Beethoven was a bluff, and as a result, Toscanini would not talk to him for the rest of the trip. 'Look at Cherubini,' he said later. 'He has instrumental efects one hundred years ahead of Stravinsky. Effects alone? Bah!'"

~quoted from Conductors on Composers, by John Holmes~

Slagar the Cruel
December 26th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Thank'ee, to all who liked the story/stories and/or picture. Thank'ee vurry koindly. :)

And here's a very special epilogue to Yano's tale...

Yano had little further interaction with Spirits, but lived on the eat-cats-on-sight principle ever afterwards; and it was always said of him that he knew how to scare the daylights out of people well, if any cat-slash-ape posessed the knowledge. May that be said truly of us, er, well, none of us, rather. And so as Slagmoticon observed, "verily, I am slain!" :slagar