PDA

View Full Version : My webpage

Delhome
January 7th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I am starting my own web page, and i know it is still a work in progress (Haveing problems with space on my floppy disk) I hope to maintain it and keep it going for a long time, it has two gallerys, a Redwall (which is currently under cunstruction, and a Resident Evil gallery)
here is the addrese
http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/delhome
take a look and give me some feed back please.

LadyBeelze
January 7th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Okay i think it's great so far. (i have a lot of time on my hands so i like browsing galleries)
But here are a couple things i noticed that you might want to fix

- On the front page you spelled galleries wrong

- It would be better if you would seperate the two links to your galleries under a different headings

- A couple of your pictures were .bmp type, i would suggest .jpg or .gif type. .bmp pictures just take TOO long to load.

Other than that it looks great :)

Rillflag27
January 7th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Beelze, I dont think you've ever commented on MY website ;) or maybe I was just blind. Ok some comments, not to be rude or anything, if you want your website to be good run everything you type through a spell checker. I do it too. Also on the link I would suggest like Beelze said to put them under different headings like "Redwall", and "Resident Evil". and seperate the link like this:

<link here>

<link here>

Not like:

<link here>
<link here>

It makes it alot easier to specify the links, if you don't it looks like a really long link.

LadyBeelze
January 8th, 2004, 08:30 AM
You have a website Rillflag? LoL M'bad...
I'll comment on it sometime but now i've got to go.

Delhome
January 8th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I will try and fix it, I'm just now learing how to use the webshell.

Rillflag27
January 9th, 2004, 09:15 PM
If your using HTML to make your website here;s some links to help you

www.funky-chickens.com
GREAT for hlep on the basic stuff

www.dynamicdrive.com
Good for adding the "extra kick" to your website

If you need anymore help just send me a PM (more likely send one to Beelze or Dark they know alot about it.;) )

Delhome
January 11th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks people, you have been a lot of help.

Delhome
January 14th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I just put up a new page where you link to my galleries from a new page.

Delhome
May 20th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I'm tryin to work on my site, but I have run out of space, does anyone have a site that has free hosting?

Cheesethief
May 23rd, 2004, 10:33 AM
good luck with the site! cant wait for more pictures!

Delhome
May 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM
I'm tryin to put a tagboard on my site so people can chat on it.

I just but a rather silly but very addicting game on my site, check it out.

LadyBeelze
May 31st, 2004, 09:11 PM
I don't know what it means. Where is the "Start" it talks about. Maybe it's just me.

As for a free web host try www.freewebs.com
That's what i use to use for my site or you could try www.brinkstar.com ..i think that is what darky used for his.

Also galleries is still mispelled and for the links it'd look a little better if you had something like Redwall Org - Official Redwall Site or The Long Patrol - A Wonderful Webpage. Do you get what i'm saying? Hope i'm not sounding too rude. Its good to see your site comin' along. Seriously the hardest thing i've found is to keep updating it (i haven't updated mine since may 03 =/)

Lord Servone
June 1st, 2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by LadyBeelzebumon
Seriously the hardest thing i've found is to keep updating it (i haven't updated mine since may 03 =/)

Its not really that hard...sometimes an update can be just letting everyone know that you're still alive. Heh...sometimes when I just correct the spelling of a word or adjust something...I call that an entire update....wait, did I just write that aloud?

Firehound
June 14th, 2004, 09:46 AM
never mind, MSN just deleated it, the scum.

Cheesethief
June 14th, 2004, 09:51 AM
put my name down. it would be great to do some of that stuff!:D

Blurtail
June 14th, 2004, 10:13 AM
I'll pass that on to Matt, he is on tour and can't get on a comp very often