PDA

View Full Version : A Topic about School Homework YAY

LadyBeelze
November 8th, 2002, 10:19 PM
lol I'm in a weird mood tonight, just interested..what homework/report/project are you doing right now? I have a 2 page report on the llanos in south america, a book report, studying for a retake in geography, and some line graph homework in algebra 1. Sigh....i miss 8th grade, i loved the State Reports In US History it was so hard i liked it ...wait that didn't sound right. Pay no mind :rolleyes:

:slagar :slagar :slagar :slagar

dandin1
November 9th, 2002, 09:25 AM
School id bad! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.... :mad:

I have a science project, about he breathing system system.... boring :(
And in English I have to learn the peom "In flanders Feilds"

In Flanders Feild the poopies blow
bettween the crosses row on row
And in the sky, the larks, still bravely signing, fly
Scarce heard amid the ? belows

Airemia
November 9th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Well right now I'm putting the finishing touches on this essay I'm doing for one of my online courses.

Lord Servone
November 9th, 2002, 10:32 AM
I hardly have homework anymore due to the fact that I have three study halls and only two classes that actually give assignments...anyway, I tend to get them done in the study halls...

However, sometimes I have to write a lot of stuff for AP History (a college credit class) after analyzing the chapters of two (incredibly boring) books... the class is not even on my GPA... at least, I hope not...that'd mean I'd have to try harder (although I'm currently getting a B in it...nice.)

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Hmm... Let's see here. I have a worksheet and about seven book problems in Chemistry on molarity... two easy little things for Spanish, and a few proofs for Geometry that I was too lazy to finish in class, although I very well could have. So the only stuff I really have to do at home would be Chemistry. Perfect for the three-day weekend.

Slagar the Cruel
November 9th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Lord Servone
I hardly have homework anymore due to the fact that I have three study halls and only two classes that actually give assignments...anyway, I tend to get them done in the study halls......:eek:... *steals Servone's identity*

;) Seriously, I'm always doing homework. The amounts vary from one or two little assignments to ones I have to stay up 'till midnight working on... :\

MoonShadow
November 9th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Hm... now we know that Slagar's still taking school, or college. ;)

And my message to Servone: Hey, here's the Acorn of Jealousy! To think about it, I have it better than most people when it comes to free periods.... Because I have 10-15 extra minutes every day that I'm not supposed to be anywhere, while other people have none! DoremifasolaSCREECH! But then, I have to get to school earlier. *sigh*

*rereads Servone's post and remembers something*
Wait... is the senior year that easy? Er... I mean less time consuming?

-----

Okay, and... what I'm doing this weekend... I have a lot of science homework, since we have 3 formal labs due next week along with a test and who knows what other kind of busy work my teacher would assign.

I also need to read and highlight one or two (forgot) social studies dittos, along with answering questions on this political cartoon thingy. I am going to type up my notes in Soc, but that's the voluntary, but I feel like I do better on tests if my notes are typed up. After all, the test I did worst on I didn't have time to type up my notes. :\

In math, I have a quarter test on Tuesday *groans and hopes that there's nothing about number theory, even though the teacher probably said that there wasn't any*, but that's it.

English.... Of Mice and Men is a stupid book. :P

Well, I don't know why my French teacher makes SUCH a BIG deal when a people don't do their homework (like when I wrote it in the wrong place thanks to the fact that there was no school on Tuesday, so I wrote it under the wrong day so I thought there wasn't any French homework when I looked under "Wednesday" *sigh*), and plus, she gets so sarcastic that you don't know whether she's serious or kidding (now that doesn't make sense either, but oh well). But she doesn't give us homework over the weekends, which is good.

School is evil I tell you.

Gah! I have to make an oral presentation in math on Wednesday, and I have no idea what to do!

Airemia
November 9th, 2002, 11:50 AM
I might actually end up getting two spares next year... I'm not sure how Semester systems work, though, so I'm going to have to see... It's because I'm taking Career and Civics online, which is a Grade 10 course, and then in a week or two I'm starting at this school where you can do all your credits and work at your own pace... So I can probably get all my grade 9 credits done this year, and not have to take any in grade 10. Which means I'll have all my grade 9 credits PLUS a grade 10 credit. Which means I should get an extra spare. *continues to confuse everyone* :D

MoonShadow
November 9th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Well, you're doing a very succesful job. I hope to be able to finish the high school math courses two years early instead of one, and high school sceince science 3 years early instead of one. ;b

Cale Yin
November 9th, 2002, 01:10 PM
I wish I had done that.

I hardly have homework anymore due to the fact that I have three study halls and only two classes that actually give assignments...anyway, I tend to get them done in the study halls...

Remember that... body-switching appointment we talked about...?

*stares at Slagar with small, beady, black eyes*
I claim his identity. It is mine. I got to it first.
*inserts golden hook into arm stump*
*silently and carefully hooks Servone's identity*
*eats it*
Bah.

dandin1
November 9th, 2002, 01:17 PM
*is confussled *:confused:

You ate what? Te golden hook, or his identity? Or both?

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Geez, MoonShadow... stop making me look like an uneducated heathen... ;)

I will be so glad when it comes semester's end... then I won't have to do stupid current evens for history anymore...

dandin1
November 9th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Me, I'll be sad at the end of this sememstre... Instead of having music (fun:D) we'll have arts (...:rolleyes: ) and instead of Espaņol i'm gonna have Social thing.... don't know how to say it in english...

Cale Yin
November 9th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Social studies? History?

Me, I have a Jane Eyre paper that's due the 13th, and a huge Chem project that was assigned Friday... Not to mention Vocab to study, the literary Renaissance period to study, and most of the semester to catch up on in Chem because I daydreamed and got way too far behind. I'm going to have to come in every morning before class for special help to get caught up. *gazes at the many multiple prepositional phrases all in one sentence*

Glenner
November 9th, 2002, 03:31 PM
You guys are already taking chem? I don't take that till I'm a junior.....
Anyhow, I don't have much homework. If I do have homework, its usually in Biology. Were ALWAYS doing labs in that class. ergh..*rips out hair* I just have to finish up a lab this wekend for homework, and have a history paper on Bono thats not due until the 21st or something. That should be an interesting report to do, as I'm actually doing a subject I LIKE for once...

Cale Yin
November 9th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Well, I AM a junior. :)

Anyone wanna teach me about the Mole Hole? It might be better if I got it from more than one person... Or is that just something Mr. Dunkle does? Doesn't every chem teacher teach the Mole Hole? With GFM, and dm^3, and patricles/volume, and mole-mole ratios?

Glenner
November 9th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Oh, I thought at least lyrian was a freshman.

Goozy
November 9th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Homework?

Chemistry Lab, history questions, and math. Ta da! Easy, easy stuff. I usually play MUDs during study halls or listen to music. Whatever feels right at the time...

This year Chemistry is my favorite class. I REALLY enjoy it and I love it 10x more than Earth Science. Considering I have to take a science credit in college, I'll have a hard time choosing between my two fav. scienes...

Cale Yin
November 9th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Then maybe you could switch bodies with me too... Pass my chemistry class for me... ;)
I so verrily envy all the math-and-science people. I'm an art-and-language person. English and foreign. I think foreign-language-people are supposed to be good at math, but they're so far from each other to me. I made a 70 this six weeks, which is a D - - and I thought I was getting a 75, and it's not faaaaiiiirrr...
:mad:

And I will stop complaining now.

MoonShadow
November 9th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Yes, Lyrian is a freshman.

Well, at least I'm doing much better in math now. *remembers again that there's a quarter test on Tuesday* GAH!!!

I don't know how I'll learn biology next year... Life science in 6th grade was bad enough where I was scared of some of the pages in the textbook. And I still don't understand what ATP is! Or else I'd be try to skip 2 grades in science this summer, but I figured I'd be better off learning Biology over the course of a school year instead of during 3 weeks. *sigh*

I'm more of a science-math person, and I am good in my other subjects too.... :\ Probably the worst is Social Studies, because I-don't-know-why, but my least favorite subject is English now.

*realizes that she's a bit off topic*
Um... back to school assignments.... I got back my book report yesterday, and I was so afraid to look at it because guess where I done most of the book report at? At school on the day it was due. :\ Yes... bad MoonShadow... But I still got a really good grade on it! Why do I have a feeling that I said this before.... Oh well.

Cale Yin
November 9th, 2002, 06:27 PM
ATP rings a bell. Because I don't think I ever got that either. :P

Does anyone know a good chemistry website?

Glenner
November 9th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Heh..I just learned about ATP, but I couldn't tell ya what it is either...:P

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 07:56 PM
I actually got an A- in geometry for the quarter... Wow. And since it's the semester grade that counts, I still got me 4.0. Yay. But I got a 91 on my quiz. Boo. Stupid stupid stupid mistakes.

I just love Chemistry, too... It's fun! Albeit moles and tht junk are rather boring. :\ In my school it's more sophomores than juniors, but that's because there's a prerequisite of having taken Algebra 1, which most take as freshmen. Of course, I signed up for it mainly because I don't much enjoy biology (and hate hate hate disecting things), but it's really fun...

I remember doing my Science-Fair-but-not-really-for-the-science-fair project the morning and lunch before it was due... and then I did a horrible job with the presentation... but the teacher gave me a B+ anyway... :\

And, I guess i'm more of a Science-Math person who likes Science, English and History, but hates Math... icky thing. Although I almost like Geometry...

Cale Yin
November 9th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Well, we're required to take Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 before we take Chemistry, so ours is really hard. Really really hard. Especially for math-impaired personeth likening to mee. Stupedilaliliorcticallishnessesivesers.