PDA

View Full Version : Question from the book "The Legend of Luke"

DPH
January 9th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Hello, I am currently reading and almost done with the book, I still have a question in mind that still troubles me. When Luke steered the Goreleech near the coast of the island where he expected to see Martin, all grown up, he wasn't there.

Where was Martin at the time, when did he leave the island and why?

LadyBeelze
January 9th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I haven't read The Legend of Luke in quite a while...
Have you read Martin the Warrior or Mossflower? I think martin would of left because of rose's death (martin the warrior) and is in mossflower (Mossflower). Like i said i haven't read it more than once. I hated the book for some reason 0.0

Senav
January 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler!

You've just about finished, so, erk...If you read Martin the Warrior, not long after Luke left, slavers came along and took Martin. By the time Luke arrived with the Goreleech, Martin was probably on his way to Mossflower.

For some reason, Luke thinks Martin would be fully grown, but Luke didn't seem to be gone for that long O.o

Keyla
January 9th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Yes, the chronology is rather hazy. At this point, in my opinion, Martin would still be a slave in Marshank, although it would not be long before the events of "Martin the Warrior" occur. If you have not read that book yet I would advise that you do so next. Not only is it one of the best in the series, in many people's opinions, but it also puts the events of "The Legend of Luke" in some perspective.
You might also want to have a peep in at the topic "Book Focus: The Legend of Luke" that's in this part of the forum, where you can post your reactions to and how you rate the book.

By the way, welcome to the forum. :)

Chelki Sureshot
January 10th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Actually, there's a lot of thing that could of happen to them. A plague could have hit them, wiping the remaining out. There could have been another vermin raid. They could have decided that it wasn't worth their effort to farm that meagre land. There's a whole bunch of possibilities. It's one of thing that BJ decides to leave to our imagination.