PDA

View Full Version : Redwall (book) Goofs

Ehar
January 20th, 2004, 04:39 PM
I just found this error in Outcast of Redwall, when Sunflash is talking to Rockleg and Fleetrunn (page 310 UK version).

Sunflash turned to the two horses.

Only one problem, Rockleg and Feetrunn are hares! Also, did anyone notice that in Lord Broktree there is a rat in Ungatt Trunn's hord named Ripfang and a Searat Captain named Ripfang in Mossflower?

Rillflag27
January 20th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I didn't notice that, probably cause I don't have the british version of the outcast of Redwall. I only have the british version of Redwall. Yeah those types of errors appear in all sorts of books, I found one in lotr where it said "frondo" instead of Frodo. Anyway, welcome to the forum, Ehar!

Ehar
January 20th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome Rillflag.

Furrtil
January 20th, 2004, 05:20 PM
The two horses????

"Sunflash turned to the two giant-seven-foot-tall-twenty- times-the-size-of-himself-creatures-that-he-had-never-seen -before-in-his-life-because-they-really-don't-exist-in-his-world."

What is the good job of editing coming to? *snicker*

Welcome to the forum. *waves*

LadyBeelze
January 20th, 2004, 07:12 PM
LoL The two horses..that'd be a bit weird to have horse characters in redwall. Mice getting rides on this massive creature. ..wait wasn't there a horse pulling the hay wagon in redwall? hmm

I only have us versions and i haven't noticed anything but i'm not that observant.

Welcome to the long patrol forums Ehar, and i hope ya stay!

Ehar
January 20th, 2004, 07:16 PM
LadyBeelzebumon, there was a horse and hay wagon in Redwall, but BJ was just getting a feel for his world then.

Senav
January 20th, 2004, 07:42 PM
In Mariel of Redwall, Greypatch's name ocassionally changes spelling, from an "e" to an "a" in grey. I've been known to spell it both ways.

Welcome, Ehar. Don't be frightened by the locals.

Ehar
January 20th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I'm currently rereading Mariel of Redwall, I'll watch out for the Greypatch thing.

Glenner
January 20th, 2004, 08:40 PM
I noticed the horse thing.
But the Ripfang thing wasd merely a coincidence, as stated by BJ.

There are more mistakes in the books two.
In my copy of Mossflowe on the first page, where it explains at the begining of the book as to what it's about "Dinny" is mistakenly called "Kinny."
Also, there is a part in Redwall in which Killconey is accidentally called a "she."

And welcome!:)

Pennybright
January 20th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Sometimes I notice things like that, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I think I'm just seeing things.:rolleyes: (And sometimes I listen to the books on tape.)

LordTBT
January 20th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Only one problem, Rockleg and Feetrunn are hares! Also, did anyone notice that in Lord Broktree there is a rat in Ungatt Trunn's hord named Ripfang and a Searat Captain named Ripfang in Mossflower

I noticed that right off the bat, and BJ said it was a coincidence, but I think he makes up so many vermin name he forgets. There have been a couple other names repeated in the series too.

Glenner
January 20th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Then theres the whole Diggum and Gurrbowl gender switch.......

Did they ever fix that in later editions?

Slagar the Cruel
January 20th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by LordTBT
I noticed that right off the bat, and BJ said it was a coincidence, but I think he makes up so many vermin name he forgets. There have been a couple other names repeated in the series too.
Even though Jacques has denied it since (because of the time gap the passing of badger generations implies), the two Ripfangs were almost certainly meant to be the same. Ripfang mentions seeing a badger, who is not Stonepaw or Brocktree, in his dreams, weilding a huge sword... sounds like it was intended as a foreboding of Boar, the one who would defeat him, to me.

Ehar
January 21st, 2004, 07:04 AM
Heres another one, I was reading Mariel of Redwall and BJ refers to Greypatch (or Graypatch) as Greytail when he catures Saltar's ship.

Cornflower
January 24th, 2004, 11:52 PM
I noticed in Lord Brocktree Ace Paperback that it said, on page 262, that 'Brogalaw and Skipper watched the clifftops'. It should say 'Brogalaw and Stiffener watched the clifftops'.

As for the Outcast of Redwall horses thing, it's in my Ace paperback edition, but I forgot which page, and it'd be hard to find it, so...

Chelki Sureshot
January 25th, 2004, 07:48 PM
In Mattimeo, one part it says daaughters. I had the library's copy when I noticed that, so I too a pen and crossed it out. I never realized there were so many!

MoonShadow
January 25th, 2004, 08:12 PM
I've noticed a few spelling errors in some of the books, but I don't exactly remember exactly which books they were even from, let alone the page number. :p

LordTBT
January 25th, 2004, 09:13 PM
heres a goof(that has been brought up before):
on the back of the paperback edition of Mariel, Gabool has a gun.

Ehar
January 28th, 2004, 02:55 PM
I've heard that thing about Gabool having a flintlock on the back of one edition of Mariel of Redwall, I'm still trying to find a picture of it.

Chelki Sureshot
January 29th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I saw that. It just about made me blow-up. I can't believe they can do such stupid mistakes. They must not read the books.

Baby Rollo
February 12th, 2004, 12:10 AM
In Mattimeo, they also refer to Rollo as a mouse several times. Hmph, looks like a certain author hasn't been paying attention in History class.