PDA

View Full Version : Random Sig-o-nater

dandin1
November 9th, 2002, 12:05 PM
I am working on making my sig random, so evrey time you refresh the page the color would change :redsy Amoozing isnt it?

What colors should I have randomized in my sig? and possibly have the RRR-GGG-BBB code with it. I'm not good with colors at all!;)

MoonShadow
November 9th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Pink and light purple Purple! ;) No, I know that you won't like that idea very much.

How about.... I would like Blue and Pink, because they're pretty, but I don't know what you would say.... I'd like royal blue - midnight blue or something like that. :)

LadyBeelze
November 9th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Pink, Blue, Red, then white, then black, and red. heh

Cale Yin
November 9th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Turquoise and lime green are very nice together. BUT NOT ON THE COMPUTER. That bright neon green is ugggghhhhly.

So, sky blue and purple.

dandin1
November 9th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Er, sorry, for those who tough it would still be a gradiant, well it won't, I don't think there is a way to do that randomly.

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 01:35 PM
So what, it would be a random background color each time? I would suggest any shade of blue...

dandin1
November 9th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Yes, of course, it will still be random! Shoot! I just hit an "if" problem.. I'll have to go ask a questionto those tech people at flashkit!

MoonShadow
November 9th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Then make it a pretty shade of blue!

Slagar the Cruel
November 9th, 2002, 07:27 PM
I tried to do a random quote script for my sig, but it wouldn't let me... so unless you've got a non-script was to do this thing, I'm not sure it'll work. :\

Chesk Otter
November 9th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Don't listen to them! Those colors are so... wierd. How about black #000000, an amusing bright green #00FF00 so they can't see the writing, blue #00FF00, purple #CC33FF, a reddish color #CC0000, white #FFFFFF and another green #CC0000. If you want a complete list of every single hexadecimal color code there is, go to

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/non_dithering_colors.html

I think the green so they can't see the writing is amusing :slagar ...

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 08:56 PM
And it would give everyone a headache in the process...

I was under the impression that Dandin was going to do this with flash...

Chesk Otter
November 9th, 2002, 08:58 PM
It would still be funny though :slagar !

He said he wanted the color code...

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Actually, I meant that in reply to Slagar... Never having used Flash before, I was just thinking it was possible to randomize the tihng with it alone, not a script... though I could very well be wrong.

Chesk Otter
November 9th, 2002, 09:51 PM
I thought he was just going to use flash to change the background of his banner.

dandin1
November 10th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Yes, of course, it's with flash.

You can't use scripts because of the way vB transforms { into &123 or soomething like that, and they ad BR at each line so it screws up.

Er martin, why is there a / at the end of the BRs? This isnt XML...

Martin the Warrior
November 10th, 2002, 11:02 AM
You'd have to ask vB. ;)

dandin1
November 10th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Sig updated! The colors arn't good, but at least I got it randomized! The random generator aint very good... it always seems to pick high numbers first, and the high numbers have no color set...

LadyBeelze
November 11th, 2002, 07:42 AM
the colors the colors *stares at dandin's sig forever* 0.o

dandin1
November 11th, 2002, 05:06 PM
I did that too, to test it... I was just too lazy to manually change the variable. Yes, if you were wondering, this is stupid...

MoonShadow
November 11th, 2002, 05:33 PM
The two sigs are different colors.... O.O (I just love that emoticon... just makes me laugh)

And dandin... isn't at least one of the random backgrounds a gradient? I saw a green-black gradiant...

Lyrian Aryns
November 11th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Ack! Dandin, I don't know if it's your sig or not, but this thread keeps threatening to kill my poor computer. I mean, seven minutes load time is a little much, even on vbulletin... :\ Perhaps, could you revert to the other version of your sig for a short time, so I could see if the high concentration of randomized Dandin-sigs is what's wrong?

dandin1
November 11th, 2002, 06:24 PM
You dare defy the Master Of Sig? You shall die!

If you go in a topic without a post from me, is there still slowness?

Lyrian Aryns
November 11th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Well, because I was thinking this was the only topic where there were eight million posts from you, since they do different colors at the same time, and I was confused and now I'm confusing myself.

It must have been my computer being it's evil self. As the page is still slow, but not abnormally so.

MoonShadow
November 12th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Is Flash even supposed to work on Netscape. It looks like Dandin's sig is froze. :\ (Made a lot of typos typing this :\)

Is your sig still random colors dandin?

Cale Yin
November 12th, 2002, 03:22 PM
It is for moy. Not a typo. And ebery time I go to this topic, I get 79809877986876975644657659870 error messages that say something like Missing: '{'

Lyrian Aryns
November 12th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Okay, I guess that last time was a fluke, as it again takes forever to load... and so then, I just went and disabled sigs, and the page loads in fifteen seconds.
Not to be rude, but I think your sig is screwing around with the page... and the random background really isn't as good, IMO, as the green and black gradient was...

dandin1
November 12th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Fine, I'll get rid of it... But I have no idea how a randomized sig couldve made the page load slower... The size of the script is only twice this message!

I cant edit it right now, since flash isnt on this comp...

Cale Yin
November 13th, 2002, 04:13 PM
There was 1 error message for every post in the topic I cliked on, Dandin. And there still is. It's very annoying. FIX IT!!!! :redsy ;)

dandin1
November 13th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Fixed it. That wasnt my fault, it's because of vB...

MoonShadow
November 13th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Woah... I never got this many problems with vBulletin. The only thing that bothers me with vBulletin is that their posts per pages are set to a low number, and I just set it to 40, so....

And just to rub it in people's faces... *pats cable modem* ;)

Martin the Warrior
November 14th, 2002, 12:08 AM
I'm the one who set the posts-per-page so low, actually (currently at 15 per page-- I used to have it at 20). More messages means a higher page-file size, which means more bandwidth is used. If someone is loading the last page of a thread to see only one new post, then they really don't need to load 19 other posts they won't read, using unnecessary bandwidth.

I'm not telling you to change your settings, but that's why they're set low. ;)