PDA

View Full Version : A little help with The Games Factory?

Cornflower
November 9th, 2002, 08:06 PM
I'm using the Games Factory to make a game. My questions are, how do you add music to the game, and how can you get the arrows to be shot by the player in Vermin Invaders? And how can the vermin shoot their weapons? I got animating down but I'm stumped about those things. :confused:

Slagar the Cruel
November 9th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Use the Event Editor, of course! That's really how you make the game. I'm no good at explaining it, though, so you should probably use the help file.

Chesk Otter
November 9th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Is it possible to make a really good game (like Vermin Invaders :slagar ) without using a program, just by typing stuff in?

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Well, the original VI was done with Javascript... come to think of it, that was fun. I had it saved on my other computer, and every once in a while I'd fool with the number of vermins, beat the game, and feel special... *stops rambling*

Chesk Otter
November 9th, 2002, 09:40 PM
The original VI was too hard. It was impossible. I think I was the first to beat the new Vermin Invaders though or at least I was the first to get to password heaven.

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Tell me about it... I got the thing down to around three, before I just gave up and forgot about it... :\

Well, I was one of the first to get there, at least...

Chesk Otter
November 9th, 2002, 10:04 PM
I can't wait for Vermin Invaders 2!

Is it possible to make a good game like that without a program though, by only typing stuff in?!

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Well, as I sorta meant in my first post in this thread, I've seen some pretty cool games out there done with Javascript, DHTML, and/or other various other confusing things that Lyrian does not understand... I seem to remember seeing some cool ones at http://dynamicdrive.com ...

Chesk Otter
November 9th, 2002, 10:47 PM
I don't think you can make a game with passwords and multiple levels and all the stuff Vermin Invaders has with DHTML.

Lyrian Aryns
November 9th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Hm... well, not with it alone I guess... Of course, I'm thinking maybe, have some sort of message pop up with a password on it, and a little 'log in' like form-box, and password protect each level with an ASP thing like the one on HTML goodies.. and... Too bad I have no idea how to make such a game in the first place... :\

Slagar the Cruel
November 10th, 2002, 09:57 AM
...a really good game (like Vermin Invaders)...:D Aw, shucks. ;) Thankee.

I think I was the first to beat the new Vermin Invaders though or at least I was the first to get to password heaven.You were the first to get to password heaven. At least, the first to contact me about it. And seeing as that was only a few days after it was released...

You couldn't really create a game like VI with HTML scripts... you could create pretty good games with it, though. Just not with quite the complexity of VI's programming. Here, look at this (http://www.javascript-games.org/arcade/ainvader/) - another Space Invaders clone, made with javascript. There's no backgrounds, music, passwords, bosses or Time Attack, and you can fire too many lasers at once, but otherwise it accomplishes the same ammount.

dandin1
November 10th, 2002, 10:09 AM
By the time you figure out how GF works completly, the demo will run out :p ;) :(