PDA

View Full Version : You know you're obbsessed with Redwall when. . .

Chelki Sureshot
February 5th, 2004, 11:58 AM
You have two dreams in life; either to be happy, healthy, and rich beyond beleif, or to be a bellmaker, and you don't care which it is.

~You're having a regular conversation with your friends, and you suddenly burst into tears and shout "Why? Why did Rose have to be mercilessly slaughtered! Why?!"

~You use phrases like lack a day, or toodle-pip, words like bally and jolly, and frequently end sentences with "wot wot?".

~You want to be an archaeologist solely to find the sword of Martin the Warrior and uncover the secrets of Redwall Abbey.

~When no one's around, you talk to yourself in mole speach, and you think that isn't strange at all.

~You buy two brown hares, a male and female, name them Tarquin and Hon Rosie, and try to teach Tarquin to sing while you hope the pair will someday have twelve leverets. :hon:

~You devote your life to creating an actual harolina.

~You have memorized the "About the Author" on Brian Jacques at the end of each of the Redwall, and your new goal is to be able to recite it backwards.

~You're Brian Jacques best fan/part time stalker. :redsy:

~You build a clubhouse in your backyard, name it "Redwall", and then hang a sign reading "No rats, ferrets, stoats, frogs, or foxes aloud!"

~You like to describe yourself as a "strong, badger lord-like person". :D

~You stayed up nights over the riddles in The Pearls of Lutra.

~You quiz your friends on meaningless Redwall trivia every chance you get.

~You do this to people you don't know. :rolleyes:

~When you find yourself trying to pick apart some unusually tough meat, then pull out a large knife, scream "Eulaliaaaaaa!" and make as if to attack it. :D

~You actually know what a flan is!

~You make up a tune to the songs that frequently appear in the Redwall novels and then sing them throughout the day.

~You eat your Wheaties every morning so you can grow up to be strong like Matthias

~You're going to name your firstborn son Martin, just because.

~You start dancing with a crab along the beach one day!

~You see, Martin the Warrior, Gonff, and Dinny run across your floor one morning at dawn.

~You have the urge to poison your father, so you can be head of the household!

~You lock your siblings in the basement and don't give them anything to eat, and forget about them for a very, very, long time!

~You go to the pond and start looking for a fish called "Snakefish".

~One day you have the erge to go to a place called "Salamadastron."

~Your parents ask you what you want to be when you get older and you say, "I want to be like Boar the Fighter."

~You start naming your pets after characters, such as Log-a-Log, Ratflank, and Bella

~You imagine you met a person named Urthclaw.

~Your mom asks you why you keep a mop next to your bed, you say, "What? This isn't a mop! It's my javelin! I saw a fox outside today, and we have to be ready for an attack to the abbey!"

~Your mother doesn't comment, because she's used to that sort of thing.

~You move to Wisconsin so your state mascot can be the badger.

~You recently picked a bunch of dandelions from the yard and tried to make dandelion fizz.

~You pass a construction site where they're digging a basement, and you wave and shout, "Ho urr, gud luk to 'ee! Foine day fer diggin' yon holer, ho urr!"

~You paint your house red.

~You beg your parents to install a belltower instead of a satellite dish.

~You burst into tears whenever someone mentions mousetraps.

~Whenever someone mentions the Bubonic Plague, you mutter, "Darn rats. Lousy vermin. Typical."

~You see a hole in your shirt and are convinced a hedgehog borrowed it without your knowledge.

~You refer to your basement as "Cavern Hole."

~Your dream is to see Martin the Warrior kick the snot out of Mickey Mouse.

~Whenever you see someone with blue eyes you think of Ferahgo and Klitch.

~You routinely greet the birds in your yard, "Hi Mangiz. Hi Warbeak. Hi Styrk."

~You can spell "Salamandastron" off the top of your head.

~You stop saying "hands" and instead use the word "paws".

~You want to make wine in your basment.

~You want to have a Great Hall cake for your birthday.

~You're indignant that the Noonvale Players were excluded from the Tony Awards. :p

~You keep making sure the squirrels in the trees don't have arrows pointed at you.

~You refer to Grey Herons (or Great Blue Herons for us Americans) as Warden, and acknowledge their total legal authority.

~You spend the night in front of the door of the bookstore, waiting for that new Redwall arrival.

~You refer to all young creatures as "dibbuns".

~You insist all "dibbuns" need a bath in the local pond.

~You construct a website in worship of a certain corsair ferret.

~You know that ferret is reincarnated somewhere. Your whole life is spent looking for that incarnation of that lady corsair ferret.

~You climb up to the roof of every house that has a weathervane to see if there are any swords.

~You are talking to someone then break off and "Have you ever read Redwall..."

~You have a urge to stomp on weasels, ferrets, stoats, foxes, ect..

~You start reciting poems and riddles from the books of the top of your head to fellow Redwall fans.

~You see certain animals in the petstore (rats, mice, ferrets, etc.) and refer to them as "Cluny" and "Veil" and "Mattimeo" ond other such names.

~Your parents have to beg you to get off the couputer and out of the Redwall roleplaying stuff (namely, Redwall MUCK).

~When you attack your little brother, you shout "Sparra Killlleeeeet!"

~You lie awake in bed at night dreaming up Redwall stories with you as the main character.

~You just cant stop writing those fan-fics!

~You can speak fluent Sparra...even if no one else understands it.

~You pout when the bookstore isn't carying the Redwall book that you want, and stare at the ones you want on a computer screen because your parents don't like giving credit card numbers online.

~You're always identifying your faverite songs with something from the books and writing up crazy crosscasts.

~You wish that "Mossflower Talk" ((c) Snowfur) was a real TV show.

~You buy damson perserve instead of grape jelly.

~You actually know what a damson is! (for those who don't, it's a smallish, plum-type fruit)

~The neighbors call the cops because you climbed their tree and shot there dog with a "Squrriel Arrow" thinking the dog was Urgan Nagru.

~You catch mice, moles, squirrels, and other woodland animals and dress them up in habits and tie them to chairs and have a nameday feast for your 21st birthday.

~You accidentily feed your rabbit so much food it dies. Your excuse a SCOFFING CONTEST.

~You call all your friends messmates or shipmates.

~When you get excited you shout your street name 2nd AAAVVEEENNNUUUEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~You put yoursel f in the hospital trying to recreate the sene where Samkim finds Martin's sword. :lol

~When you find a rat in your house you catch it, glue a miniature sword to it's paw and release it to later hunt it down and battle to the death. :(

~You catch a hare and a badger and make a special mountain enclousure for them only to watch the badger rip the hare t o peices. :sad:

~When you play dodge ball you yell Eulalia when t hrowing a ba ll at someone.

~You get a homepage and name it The Forge Room and expect non redwall readers to think your normal.

~You have read Marti n the Warrior 5 times and you s till feel sad
when Rose dies.

~You want to tear someone apart when they think of Redwall as "rat" books. :mad:

~You have read your Redwall novels so many times you have to buy new ones.

~You use the bea ten covers of the old novels to cover a binder as a monument to all that is Redwall, for the Spirit of Martin said to.

~Your parents and friends, even some strangers, have heard so much about Redwall they refuse to listen to you speak.

~Anyone who meets you learns about Martin the Warrior and Laterose on the first meeting.

~Who cares what anybody says, Martin is still a hunk! You're going to marry him one day! :p

~Your obsession with Redwall has led to an annual parade in your neighborhood honoring the heroics of Gonff the Mousethief.

~You make bows, arrows, staves, Gullwhackers, etc. and actually shoot them at birds, and insist you need moving targets.

~You have parties to celebrate the "Abbot's" Jubilee, namedays, and other things, and make real Redwall food, like strawberry cordial and deeper 'n' ever pie.

~You mutter when a friend who's betrayed you is near, "Some day, Tsarmina, I vow that I will slay you!"

~You run around the neighborhood yelling, "EEUUUULLAAALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! 'S DEATH ON THE WIND!!!!! EEEUUUULLLLLAAALLLLIIIAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

~You see the star of the football team at school and say "Now there's a sturdy young squirrel."

~You call red Gatorade "strawberry cordial".

~Despite fashion trends and designer T-shirts, you wear a habit to school. (OOC: My best friend actually made one and does where it to school. I'm in the process of making mine.)

~You insist that there's a strawberry tree in your backyard.
You carve wooden canes and insist that you be called "Russa" or "Russano".

~You dress a mouse and rat in armor and give them toothpicks and tell them to "fight fight fight!"

~You scramble around whenever your cat walks in the room and blurt out "Hail queen Tsarmina, queen of a thousand eyes....":redsy:

~When you sit down to what appears to be a good meal, you smile and say "at last, pine marten!"

Whew, that was a lot! There's two more pages, but I'll do those later. . .Anyway, I thought most of them were pretty good. A lot of them describe me. ;)

Cheek Stag Otter
February 5th, 2004, 01:13 PM
I think you've covered everything!

Keyla
February 5th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Although, fortunately, most of those do not apply to me I am guilty of some of them:

You use phrases like lack a day, or toodle-pip, words like bally and jolly, and frequently end sentences with "wot wot?". I'm British so it's not quite so odd. The same goes for Molespeech.

You actually know what a flan is!
I would have probably known this as we have had flan several times at home. I think, perhaps, it's a British thing.

You lock your siblings in the basement and don't give them anything to eat, and forget about them for a very, very, long time!
I think I better go check on my brother...

Your dream is to see Martin the Warrior kick the snot out of Mickey Mouse.
But doesn't everybody dream that?;)

You have read Marti n the Warrior 5 times and you s till feel sad
Don't tell me you don't too!:mad: ;)

LordTBT
February 5th, 2004, 05:24 PM
"You call red Gatorade "strawberry cordial". "

<--cordial has alcohol, gatorade doesnt. :D

"~You can spell "Salamandastron" off the top of your head. "

<---yes

"You like to describe yourself as a "strong, badger lord-like person"."

<---yes

"You move to Wisconsin so your state mascot can be the badger."

<---does knowing someone from wisconsin count?

"You want to make wine in your basment. "

<--- does knowing someone who's family owns a winery count?

"You just cant stop writing those fan-fics! "

<---was like this for a while, before my computer crashed and i lost all of them. i even wrote an LoL before BJ's was even being talked about.

Senav
February 6th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Some of these apply to me in one way or another. Should I be scared?
Yes.
~You use phrases like lack a day, or toodle-pip, words like bally and jolly, and frequently end sentences with "wot wot?".
Yes, actually. Just to confuse the locals.

~You eat your Wheaties every morning so you can grow up to be strong like Matthias
Quite frankly, I prefer Cheerios. Does this mean I want to grow up strong like Cluny?:p

~You start naming your pets after characters, such as Log-a-Log, Ratflank, and Bella
But naming pets after characters is FUN. No, really.

~Whenever someone mentions the Bubonic Plague, you mutter, "Darn rats. Lousy vermin. Typical."
It was carried by fleas on rats, and the species that happens to inhabit Redwall drove away the "plague carriers", so show a bit of respect!

~You keep making sure the squirrels in the trees don't have arrows pointed at you.
It's so true. Ya can't trust the little buggers.
Too true.

~You see certain animals in the petstore (rats, mice, ferrets, etc.) and refer to them as "Cluny" and "Veil" and "Mattimeo" ond other such names.
I have done that, in the company of a younger kid who also likes Redwall. Matthias and Cornflower had a whole nestfull of babies *snort*

What? Are you laughing at me?!

Nobody knows what I'm saying anyway:D

~You want to tear someone apart when they think of Redwall as "rat" books.
People've told me that. "Is that a rat book? Or is it a weasel thing?"

~You make bows, arrows, staves, Gullwhackers, etc. and actually shoot them at birds, and insist you need moving targets.
I've had a passion for chasing small furry animals long before Redwall.

~Despite fashion trends and designer T-shirts, you wear a habit to school. (OOC: My best friend actually made one and does where it to school. I'm in the process of making mine.)
Sounds like fun, but I'm enough of a fashion outcast as it is.

~You scramble around whenever your cat walks in the room and blurt out "Hail queen Tsarmina, queen of a thousand eyes...."
That may be the cat's fantasy. I'm on to him...won't fool me...

Pennybright
February 7th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Well, one of my fish is named Emelet... and I have a nice wooden walking stick.

Mariel StormRider
February 8th, 2004, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chelki Sureshot
[B]

~You run around the neighborhood yelling, "EEUUUULLAAALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! 'S DEATH ON THE WIND!!!!! EEEUUUULLLLLAAALLLLIIIAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lol: Very guilty of that one!!!

t@gg :)
February 8th, 2004, 12:17 PM
You wish that "Mossflower Talk" ((c) Snowfur) was a real TV show.

Yes I do.

You call red Gatorade "strawberry cordial

No, but I call it strawberry fizz.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
September 9th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Some of them are true. I know what a flan is, but that doesn't mean I'm obsessed with Redwall. (even though I am. I've had Redwallian dreams many a time!) I've had flans in my school dinners!!!

P.S: They weren't all that nice.

chris the cynic
September 9th, 2004, 04:34 PM
~You build a clubhouse in your backyard, name it "Redwall", and then hang a sign reading "No rats, ferrets, stoats, frogs, or foxes aloud!"
A true Redwall fan would never put up a sign like that. Our doors are open to everyone. (Unless they try to kill, maim or enslave us, then they die.)

dandin1
September 9th, 2004, 05:02 PM
No way! That was like the frist redwall page I ever saw! "You know your obsessed with redwall when...". That was so funny.

Heh, that reminds me of the site slagar had in his sig. "the Evil Overlord" list.

Ferahgo the Assassin
September 9th, 2004, 05:11 PM
You start naming your pets after characters, such as Log-a-Log, Ratflank, and Bella

I am guilty of this. I named my pet hedgehog Ambrose. :D

Felldoh
September 9th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I'm not guilty of that... I never named a random squirrel in the yard Felldoh...

>.>
<.<

You can't prove it!

I'm guilty of a few of those... the most generic would be saying things like "bally".

Nora the Rover
September 9th, 2004, 08:18 PM
:o

~You do this to people you don't know.
Er, only occasionally...

By accident, usually. About a year or two ago I was constantly doing that...

~You pout when the bookstore isn't carying the Redwall book that you want, and stare at the ones you want on a computer screen because your parents don't like giving credit card numbers online.
Just a little too true... :rolleyes:

LordTBT
September 9th, 2004, 09:02 PM
you come to the LP forums.

Cheesethief
September 10th, 2004, 04:55 PM
You actually know what a flan is! i alwyas have. theyre kinda nasty though, mostly.

You make up a tune to the songs that frequently appear in the Redwall novels and then sing them throughout the day. hum/whistle.

You recently picked a bunch of dandelions from the yard and tried to make dandelion fizz dandelion and burdock tastes like medicine. :lol:

You can spell "Salamandastron" off the top of your head. yup

You stop saying "hands" and instead use the word "paws". only after a flat out read.

You actually know what a damson is! (for those who don't, it's a smallish, plum-type fruit) uhhuh

You have read Marti n the Warrior 5 times and you s till feel sad yeah...

Felldoh
September 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
You have read Martin the Warrior 5 times and you still feel sad

Well... how about twice. :D And if you meant about Rose dying... switch it to Felldoh dying. :p

Bereden the Intrepid
September 10th, 2004, 07:39 PM
[B]~You make up a tune to the songs that frequently appear in the Redwall novels and then sing them throughout the day.
I do, but I also occasionally play them on my saxophone.

Ringmaster
September 11th, 2004, 09:33 PM
You know your obsessed with Redwall when you can write Salamandastron in any secret code even those you haven't heard of.
You know your obsessed with Redwall when you start calling the school bullies names of Redwall villans such as Cluny,Slagar the Cruel

Aleisou Swiftpounce
December 14th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Sorry to revive an ooold topic, but I just had to!

You get surprised that the vendor at a jellied eels stall isn't a pygmy shrew.

Rolinko
December 14th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Satacu's 8th grade class has been rated R for intense violence toward animals.

Badrang3
December 14th, 2004, 08:03 PM
-When no one's around, you talk to yourself in mole speach, and you think that isn't strange at all.

My friend and I talk in molish all the time.

~You beg your parents to install a belltower instead of a satellite dish.

Done that.

This is especially effective during wrestling.

~You have read Marti n the Warrior 5 times and you s till feel sad
when Rose dies.

No, but I laugh every now and again... ;)

~You dress a mouse and rat in armor and give them toothpicks and tell them to "fight fight fight!"

Well, what do you do on weekends?

Lonna Bowstripe
December 14th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Well, what do you do on weekends?
Sit in front of the TV. ;)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
December 15th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Go outside and do physical activities! ;) :rolleyes:

Aleisou Swiftpounce
December 15th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah... Of course, we all do that, not hang around and wait for people to reply on the LP forums.

You get very offended if people say otters and stoats are kinda similar.

Ferahgo the Assassin
December 15th, 2004, 07:18 PM
You get very offended if people say otters and stoats are kinda similar.

Aaah! I get very vicious when people completely muck up mustelid taxonomy. Positively vicious. ;) The "isn't a polecat a skunk?" and the "weasels are rodents, right?" arguments are the absolute worst.

Hisk
December 21st, 2004, 09:43 PM
"No rats, ferrets, stoats, frogs, or foxes aloud!"

Definetly! WEASELS all the way!

Furrtil
December 21st, 2004, 09:52 PM
I know a girl who just learned for the first time about a week ago that weasels are actual animals, not fictional ones. :lol:

Hisk
December 21st, 2004, 10:46 PM
I know a girl who just learned for the first time about a week ago that weasels are actual animals, not fictional ones. :lol:

*Choke* *Gag*

Cheesethief
December 22nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
wowowow! interesting bit of knowledge!
ok, while skiing in canada, i came across a dead mouse in the middle of the run. suddenly, a white ferret, tiny creature, ran onto the run, dodged skiers, grabbed the mouse, and ran to the other side with it. it was tiny. tiny.
yeah, and, im keeping a snake.

Hisk
December 22nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
Cool. Ive yet to see a ferret in the wild. I'm a city slicker, and I dont usually venture up north during the winter to ski. MEthinks the mouse died of cold? Or maybe it was fright from seeing a massive human on skis bearing down on it?

Aleisou Swiftpounce
December 22nd, 2004, 02:23 PM
Hey Cheese, it might've been an ermine. They're tiny, and white. In winter anyway.
Ferahgo, you sound like my kind of mustelid-lover ;)

Ferahgo the Assassin
December 22nd, 2004, 03:55 PM
I was thinking ermine too. I don't think Canada has wild ferrets, and I doubt that a pet ferret would seize a mouse like that. Ferrets aren't even that small, really - bigger than ermines. And this is the time of year they'd be white.

Hisk
December 22nd, 2004, 05:18 PM
Sorry Ferehgo, but Canada does have wild ferrets, notably the black footed ferret in Alberta and Manatoba. And Ermines? I dont think Canada has them. I could be wrong though, I'm no wildlife expert by any means. But I am shure about the ferrets 100%. It also might be possable that the "ferret" cheesethief saw was actually a mink. They are quite small, like he described, and turn white in the winter. If cheese was in an area with lakes or ponds, than this is probebly the case.

Ferahgo the Assassin
December 22nd, 2004, 08:38 PM
Sorry Ferehgo, but Canada does have wild ferrets, notably the black footed ferret in Alberta and Manatoba.

Really? Wow, that's pretty neat. I thought that black-footed ferrets only lived in the central plains of the US, but I just looked up a range map and you're right, their range touches on Alberta and Saskatchewan, too. They don't turn white in winter, though.

Ermine aren't exactly seperate species - it's just what people call short-tailed weasels when they turn white in the winter.

Could be a mink too, though.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
December 23rd, 2004, 03:30 AM
It could be a least weasel for all we know. Ermine/weasel sounds most likely. Mink are actually larger than those two. I suppose a feral ferret would do anything for food, and the females are pretty tiny. It could have been an albino, that's why it's white.

P.S: Aren't Black Footed Ferrets critically endangered or something like that? I doubt Cheese would have been lucky enough to have seen one of those...

Ferahgo the Assassin
December 23rd, 2004, 09:25 AM
Black-footed ferrets are definitely endangered - that's why I was so surprised that their range extends into Canada. Apparently it's the most endangered mammal in North America.

Hisk
December 23rd, 2004, 11:56 AM
Mink are actually larger than those two.

I've seen many minks (notably at my cottage in Northern Ontario) and they certainly appeared to be pretty small. I'm geusssing 20cm or so. About the length of a ruler including the tail. But, I've never seen a wild weasel, so for all I know weasels are smaller.

Cheesethief
December 23rd, 2004, 04:05 PM
the mouse didnt die of cold: the creature killed it, and had to avoid skiers, so it was coming back when i came past.
from the depths of my memory, i suspect it could have been anything. i dont think it was completely white. but, im not sure. everyone else was shouting "ferret" so i assumed thats what it was. sorry i cant help out. if i remember anything ill let you know.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
December 24th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I bet they frightened the poor squeakums-mustelid by shouting "ferret"! Aww.
Don't worry, I've got a soft spot for mustelids. I'm always like this.

Chelki Sureshot
December 24th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Ahh, poor mouse.

Hisk
December 27th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Back to original subject, you know your obsessed with redwall when:

You know a claymore is a sword, not an explosive device.

Lonna Bowstripe
December 28th, 2004, 03:23 PM
You know a claymore is a sword, not an explosive device.
Yup.

You know you're obsessed with Redwall when you keep posting in this thread when Part II's out. :p

Hisk
December 28th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Well, why not?

otterath
July 6th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Manatoba.

its manitoba
lol

Folgrimeo
July 6th, 2005, 04:33 PM
You know you're obsessed with Redwall when you instantly have high respect for every person that's named Martin.

"Hi, I'm Martin."
"Really? Oh, it is SUCH an honor to meet you, Martin!"
"Um, I wasn't aware I was president of anything, but whatever."

You also know you're obsessed with Redwall if you see a fox walking along and you yell "SELAAAAAA!!!"

Warrier
July 6th, 2005, 10:00 PM
otterath please do not reserect posts that are around a year old or later

Barkstripe
July 7th, 2005, 08:02 AM
this is ok. It's only about 6 months old. We are alloud to ressurect threads at about that.

Storm Swiftblade
July 7th, 2005, 07:50 PM
All I have to say is go to www.fortunecity.com/victorian/memorial/14/redwallobsession.htm

Fenglaz the Cannibal
July 15th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Where's Megraw?

shadowwing
August 3rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
~You have memorized the "About the Author" on Brian Jacques at the end of each of the Redwall, and your new goal is to be able to recite it backwards.
Now, what was the last sentence again?

~You're Brian Jacques best fan/part time stalker.
-ebil grin-

Meaningless?! :mad:

~You go to the pond and start looking for a fish called "Snakefish".
As a matter of fact, one of my fishies IS called Snakefish!

~Your dream is to see Martin the Warrior kick the snot out of Mickey Mouse.
Is that considered "weird"?

Yes, but I can spell "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" too... :P

~You start reciting poems and riddles from the books of the top of your head to fellow Redwall fans.
I'm a very good memorizer, for your information!

~You have read Martin the Warrior 5 times and you still feel sad
when Rose dies.
Doesn't everybody?

QUOTE]~Who cares what anybody says, Martin is still a hunk! You're going to marry him one day! [/QUOTE]
I don't like mice! Hares are better!

Hisk
August 10th, 2005, 05:49 PM

Where's Megraw?
Ha..that's pretty good!

Iyla
August 11th, 2005, 04:05 PM
You are fiercely Anti-Sesame Street because you belive that Cookie Monster is an underground agent on Ungat Trunn and the Blue hordes.

Chelki Sureshot
August 11th, 2005, 06:26 PM
here's one I just thought of. . .

Everytime you open you're mouth your friends roll their eyes and cover their ears because they're so tired of hearing about Redwall.

Wild Doogy Plumm
August 11th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Martin and Mickey? How can you compare the two? poor mickey wouldnt stand a chance. Besides, Martin's dream was for peace and harmony, not to slay poor defenseless creatures of the same species. :rolleyes:

Meetevae
September 10th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Well I used to make up my own stories based on the same themes of anthropomorphised animals :o

Barkstripe
September 10th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Umm. Unless your the person who made this (http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/memorial/14/redwallobsession.htm) site than i'd say that you copied all of these.

obiwankenobi33
September 16th, 2005, 08:30 PM

A couple of times.. :o

Yeah.. That's me.. :o

Actually, it's my older brother..

OMG! I wanted to, but my friend wouldn't let me.. :(

Accidentally.. What? why is everyone looking at me?

obiwankenobi33

Lonna Bowstripe
September 16th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Umm. Unless your the person who made this (http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/memorial/14/redwallobsession.htm) site than i'd say that you copied all of these.Well, you'd say. Unfortunatly, it is well know that those came from that site. Chelki even said it. (Athough you have to read the whole thread, not just the first post.)

Rolinko
September 20th, 2005, 12:23 PM
You know you're obsessed with Redwall when you regularly return to this thread, wishing that you could come up with some really, truly creative example of obsession with Redwall that you could post here, meriting great respect from other forum members.

You also know you're obsessed with Redwall when you're painfully aware of and afraid of being the last, second-to-the-last, first, or second poster on any one page in this forum, thus possibly becoming the last poster in the thread for some time, or possibly becoming one of the only posts on a new page for some time.

Witness my insanity.

Folgrimeo
September 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM
You know you're obsessed with Redwall when you just had to post in this thread to proclaim that you agreed wholeheartedly with what Rolinko said.

And you know you're obsessed with Redwall when you're looking for fanart and practically explode when you can't find any good fanart of your favorite character. ...which means you're obsessed because it might motivate you to make said fanart.

Triss36
September 27th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I'm guilty of some of this, such as knowing how to spell "Salamandastron" and taking like a hare. I've also cried whenever I read that a good character has died. I have occasionally lapsed into molespeech, but not often enough to be considered obessed about Redwall.

Saban
October 2nd, 2005, 11:55 PM
I speak Sparra and mole all the time
I had a redwall feast for my party the other day
I run around the neighbor hood yelling HOLT LUUTTRRAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :lol:
I make wine with my uncle..........I do just about all that stuff. Truely :lol:

RockJaw_Grang
October 5th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Yes Thats Me Wot Wot

Lady Blaireao
October 5th, 2005, 06:44 PM
[B][COLOR=blue]

~You're having a regular conversation with your friends, and you suddenly burst into tears and shout "Why? Why did Rose have to be mercilessly slaughtered! Why?!"

~When no one's around, you talk to yourself in mole speach, and you think that isn't strange at all.

~You do this to people you don't know. :rolleyes:

~You actually know what a flan is!

~You see, Martin the Warrior, Gonff, and Dinny run across your floor one morning at dawn.

~One day you have the erge to go to a place called "Salamadastron."

~You imagine you met a person named Urthclaw.

~You burst into tears whenever someone mentions mousetraps.

~You refer to your basement as "Cavern Hole."

~You want to make wine in your basment.

~You want to have a Great Hall cake for your birthday.

~You're indignant that the Noonvale Players were excluded from the Tony Awards. :p

~You refer to Grey Herons (or Great Blue Herons for us Americans) as Warden, and acknowledge their total legal authority.

~You are talking to someone then break off and "Have you ever read Redwall..."

~You have a urge to stomp on weasels, ferrets, stoats, foxes, ect..

~You lie awake in bed at night dreaming up Redwall stories with you as the main character.

~You're always identifying your faverite songs with something from the books and writing up crazy crosscasts.

~You wish that "Mossflower Talk" ((c) Snowfur) was a real TV show.

~You actually know what a damson is! (for those who don't, it's a smallish, plum-type fruit)

~You call all your friends messmates or shipmates.

~When you play dodge ball you yell Eulalia when t hrowing a ba ll at someone.

~You want to tear someone apart when they think of Redwall as "rat" books. :mad:

~You have read your Redwall novels so many times you have to buy new ones.

~You have parties to celebrate the "Abbot's" Jubilee, namedays, and other things, and make real Redwall food, like strawberry cordial and deeper 'n' ever pie.

~You scramble around whenever your cat walks in the room and blurt out "Hail queen Tsarmina, queen of a thousand eyes....":redsy:

~I loose sleep over it. Constantly.
~When my mom cooks something really good, I tell her it's Top-hole scoff.
~Oi doan't deny it.
~No, but in Outcast Oi did.
~Occasionaly.
~ I do this to my enimies
~ We have recipies for flans.
~Does it count if they're dead & my cat wants me to eat them?
~Only when I have the Flu.
~Does having a stuffed Badger toy called Constance count?
~No, but one day I woke up convinced I had met someone named Martha.
~I'm an animal rights activist. Sort of.
~I refer to it as "The smelly, Spider infested place covered in cat barf." or
"Ungatt Trunn's cabin."
~Squirrels, too.
~It's just about the only thing i can spell.
~It just slipped out.
~It's better than homework.
~That's next year.
~ RW should have it's own awards show.
~ Only in Harvard Yard.
~I don't call them Warden, but i'm careful never to affend them.
~Occasionbaly.
~Are you sping on me?! :eek:
~ Sometimes I consider asking them if they want to join my as-of-yet non exsisting horde.
~Yes.
~Sometimes I'll say Ohh look, he looks just like Mattimeo! Soo cute!
~I'm a Badger. Or a Hare. It depends. :rolleyes:
~Look out for a new Little Cluny, coming soon to a Fan-Fic. forum near you!
~I've even confused the Sparrows.
~I'm still trying to fcigurew out how What's the Story Morning Glory fits in.
~ Who doesn't?
~ Yeah.
~Are you tapping my phone calls?! :eek:
~During snowball fights. Broad Stream Forever works best.
~ Who doesn't?
~MoR is falling apart. I've only had 2 years.
~we've made food.
~not yet.
~only after it rains.
~I accidentally called her Sandingom once. Does that count?

-lady blair. :)

RockJaw_Grang
October 5th, 2005, 09:20 PM
You decided To alwas Where A green habbit and eat nothing buy Veggies and some times fish ;)

Lady Blaireao
October 6th, 2005, 10:05 AM
What? Oh woops, I forgot to say I trying to get my mom to make me a habit, & not that i'm also a veggitarian. I'm a carnivore.

-lady blaIR

RockJaw_Grang
October 6th, 2005, 10:27 AM
I am very much so A meat eater so I guess I would be A Wolverien arctic Fox or ermie

Saban
October 6th, 2005, 11:14 PM
a mouse ran across thy bedroom floor this mourin' :eek:
and i grabed a lego sword i had and yelled
"Mattias come back, you forgot your sword!"

i also started singing a redwall song to my friends at lunch today(they had no idea what i was singing :lol: )

Lonna Bowstripe
October 6th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I'm a carnivore.
[RANDOM FACT THAT DOSEN'T MATTER]You haven't eaten veggies in your life? Else you'd be an omnivore.[/RANDOM FACT THAT DOSEN'T MATTER] :p

Lady Blaireao
October 7th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I'm like some sort of wild dog, I eat plants, but mainly I eat animal flesh.
Except I'm a "Badger.". & I really like fruit.

-lady blair :)

Saban
October 7th, 2005, 09:33 PM
i already live in wisconsin (which is prety neat :cool: )

Ms.Chibimoon-daae
October 12th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I sometimes sing the Redwall theme song by myself (I even made up words to it!) or other songs I've learned the tunes to from the tv show or the recorded book version.

Josiah the Warrior
October 12th, 2005, 06:05 PM
You know you're obsessed with Redwall when you have more than 500 posts on this site or 5+ posts per day. ;)

Wormerwing
October 12th, 2005, 07:57 PM
You know you're obsessed with Redwall when you have more than 500 posts on this site or 5+ posts per day. ;)

I'm almost to the 500 mark, and used to have about 10 a day. Anyway...

You propose a parade in honor of the expulsion of Cluny from Redwall
You request said parade be hourly
WITH free ale and scones

The words 'humans', 'automobile', and 'soda/pop' have no meaning to you, while you can recite the exact definition of anything found in or near Mossflower.

You have created MRWOU, Mice, Rats, Wildcats, Otters United

Tesra
October 13th, 2005, 04:44 AM
a mouse ran across thy bedroom floor this mourin' :eek:
and i grabed a lego sword i had and yelled
"Mattias come back, you forgot your sword!"

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Had it answered ?

Can we start a new topic with the same question about the LotR ? (sorry ! :D )

When I went in a school which is a ancient abbey, built with red-pink sandstone... (yes, authentical !!)

Saban
October 13th, 2005, 09:08 PM
:D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Had it answered ?

Sadly no :(

Tesra
October 15th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I imagine the tiny beast : "thanks, i wondered how I can reward you... ? " lol

Rolinko
October 16th, 2005, 12:17 AM
You know you're - no, wait, you know I'm obsessed with Redwall when I do what I've been doing in the Redwall Caption Contest. :o

Rose of Noonvale
January 28th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by Chelki Sureshot
You have read Martin the Warrior 5 times and you still feel sad

:( yes. :( that's why i visit her tribute site evry day! :rolleyes: :D oh yes i'm not guilty of ANYTHING humm humm whistle :rolleyes:

Tesra
January 28th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Rose, when threads have had no answers for several weeks, please start a new one. ;) We avoid to unbury old threads.

Otherwise I agree with you. Actually I read Martin only one time, but I don't want to read this twice, because I find it's the saddest of all the serie.

Ms.Chibimoon-daae
January 28th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I thought that forums rules stated that it wasn't officially an old topic until it has been six months since the last post. It's only been three. Now if it was the end of April, that would be a different matter altogether. So technically, this isn't an old thread, yet.
MtW is my favorite though. It wasn't sad until I saw the TV series. :( That was when I found out that Martin and Rose were in love. :D
And now, getting back on topic: Whenever you hear the Hilary Duff song, Love Just Is you think of your favorite Redwall pairing (M/R fluff for me!)

chupacabra
January 31st, 2006, 05:09 PM
when you think it highly unfair that vermin are treated so badly in these stories. Or maybe you are just obssessed with the vermin.:lol:

Constance2
February 3rd, 2006, 10:47 AM
you start joining Redwall forums and start talking about Redwall with a bunch of other people similar to you. :D

Ms.Chibimoon-daae
February 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Constance2
You start joining Redwall forums and start talking about Redwall with a bunch of other people similar to you. :D
That is so me! Ooh, here's another! When you do a book report on a Redwall book, even though that's what all your other book reports have been, and you're supposed to read something new.
When you can connect the years that important family events happened with the books publication dates. For me, my parents were married in 1990. That was the year Mattimeo was published.
Also, when you think the two greatest things of 1986 were the creation of Redwall, and the West End premiere of PotO.

Alice in Mossflower
October 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Another reason you know you are completly obsessed with the Redwall Saga, by me:

You cannot help but correct some poor, uneducated person when they call the Redwall Saga "The Redwall Series".

Gorath the Flame
October 17th, 2007, 04:54 PM
You have two dreams in life; either to be happy, healthy, and rich beyond beleif, or to be a bellmaker, and you don't care which it is.

~You use phrases like lack a day, or toodle-pip, words like bally and jolly, and frequently end sentences with "wot wot?".Well when someone calls my name I say "wot wot?"

~When no one's around, you talk to yourself in mole speach, and you think that isn't strange at all. I prefer to call it practicing.

~You like to describe yourself as a "strong, badger lord-like person". :DWhat I am!!!:D

~You quiz your friends on meaningless Redwall trivia every chance you get. Only to my brother who doesn't care.

~When you find yourself trying to pick apart some unusually tough meat, then pull out a large knife, scream "Eulaliaaaaaa!" and make as if to attack it. :DJust in my head:p

~You see, Martin the Warrior, Gonff, and Dinny run across your floor one morning at dawn. No, but Cluny the scrouge is pooping all over my house.

~Your parents ask you what you want to be when you get older and you say, "I want to be like Boar the Fighter." Is that a bad thing?

~You pass a construction site where they're digging a basement, and you wave and shout, "Ho urr, gud luk to 'ee! Foine day fer diggin' yon holer, ho urr!" First I got to practice some more.

~You beg your parents to install a belltower instead of a satellite dish. Do you think they would go for it?:D

~Your dream is to see Martin the Warrior kick the snot out of Mickey Mouse. I'm sure I'm not the only one.:)

~You can spell "Salamandastron" off the top of your head. This is a very necesary thing to know in life!

~You refer to Grey Herons (or Great Blue Herons for us Americans) as Warden, and acknowledge their total legal authority. Well I mean really, HE'S THE LAW!!!!!

~You climb up to the roof of every house that has a weathervane to see if there are any swords. I would, but I'm too short.:(

~You are talking to someone then break off and "Have you ever read Redwall..." Hey I'm just curious!

~When you attack your little sister, you shout "Sparra Killlleeeeet!" She started it!!!:mad:

~You can speak fluent Sparra...even if no one else understands it. No, but I always enjoy a good chat with a squirrel.

~You ily feed your rabbit so much food it dies. Your excuse a SCOFFING CONTEST. Guess what, I won!!!!!

~You call all your friends messmates or shipmates. I prefer matey.

~When you find a rat in your house you catch it, glue a miniature sword to it's paw and release it to later hunt it down and battle to the . :(Do you think that would work?

~You catch a hare and a badger and make a special mountain enclousure for them only to watch the badger rip the hare t o peices. :sad:And then yell "Curse you wrath!!!"

~Your parents and friends, even some strangers, have heard so much about Redwall they refuse to listen to you speak. You know my brother!!!!:eek:

~You mutter when a friend who's betrayed you is near, "Some day, Tsarmina, I vow that I will slay you!" "You owe me a new sword!!!!":mad:

~You run around the neighborhood yelling, "EEUUUULLAAALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! 'S ON THE WIND!!!!! EEEUUUULLLLLAAALLLLIIIAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!" *Runs to do so*

You carve wooden canes and insist that you be called "Russa" or "Russano". I mean we have a lot in common, so why shouldn't I be known as Russano?

~When you sit down to what appears to be a good meal, you smile and say "at last, pine marten!" *mom sets down different meal for me*Oh no it's actually a fox!!!!

This is me!!!!!:lol:

Flinky_rules
January 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I broke my toy sword by accident. I blamed the neighbor's cat. :lol: :lol: