PDA

View Full Version : Redwall DVD 2

Russus Robur
February 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
The second Redwall DVD call the "Next Adventure" will be released April 13 2004. Info can be found at Videoflicks.com. ;)

LadyBeelze
February 14th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Aight, 'nother redwall DVD. Thanks for posting that. But i'm confused, does this one finish up the redwall series?

LordTBT
February 14th, 2004, 06:23 PM
SYNOPSIS
While Cluny plans to recapture the tapestry by burning down the Abbey gates, Matthias determines to renew his search for Martin's sword. He must find Asmodeus' hideout. He learns that only the fierce mouse-eating owl, Captain Snow, knows where it is. To ask him Matthias has to pass Julian Gingivere, a marmalade cat and the Shrew of Mossflower Wood! Matthias breaks off the search for the sword to return with his new allies to once again beat off Cluny.

sounds like the end to me. But the Greeneye family weren't marmalde cats were they?

Chelki Sureshot
February 15th, 2004, 08:29 PM
**screams** The Second one??? Ooohh. . .I"m sooo happy! I've been waiting for ever, and that US compatible, right? I think I'll go pre oreder it now. . .**runs off**.

LordTBT
February 16th, 2004, 12:02 AM
It's a region 1 dvd, so yes it works on US dvd players...even if it wasnt there are ways to get around that....

Chelki Sureshot
February 19th, 2004, 07:10 PM
But it'll have episodes 7-13, right? Not just one or two or three. . . ?

t@gg :)
February 23rd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Cool!

Martin the Warrior
February 28th, 2004, 07:45 PM
At this point it's unknown whether it contains the remaining 7 season one episodes or less. The VHS release, afterall, did drop off from four episodes a tape to two episodes a tape. That said, the remaining 7 episodes are likely. We should know more soon.

I'll have to get this up on RWTV and the Newsline, though. Thanks for posting about it, Russus.

Martin the Warrior
March 10th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Okay, strike that. The DVD will have the remaining seven episodes-- the running time fits. Very good news. Now, if only I could follow this up with a Mattimeo announcement...

Chelki Sureshot
March 11th, 2004, 06:25 PM
**shrieks** I know I'm all wierd with my screams and sucdh but that is SO COOL!!!!!!!! I so cannotwait! I'm going to preorder it right now. . .

Slagar the Cruel
March 11th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Okay, strike that. The DVD will have the remaining seven episodes-- the running time fits. Very good news.
Very good news indeed! :D

Now, if only I could follow this up with a Mattimeo announcement...
If you could do that, I would fall to my knees and weep with joy.

Cornflower
March 12th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I do wonder why it's called "The Next Adventure", if it's the same old adventure? I still don't know why they don't record the entire series in SLP mode on the same DVD? It would work - I tried with one of my taped-off-TV Redwall videos on my DVD recorder, and I was able to fit the WHOLE SERIES on just one DVD. It would also be possible with VHS's. Why do they insist on multiple tapes and DVDs? It kind of splits the episodes up when it's not needed :confused:

Martin the Warrior
March 12th, 2004, 11:39 AM
"The Next Adventure" is obviously meant to be a continuation of "The Adventure Begins". It may not make much sense story-wise, but it still works. ;)

I still don't know why they don't record the entire series in SLP mode on the same DVD? It would work - I tried with one of my taped-off-TV Redwall videos on my DVD recorder, and I was able to fit the WHOLE SERIES on just one DVD. It would also be possible with VHS's. Why do they insist on multiple tapes and DVDs?

Quality. Anything you record off of TV on SLP will have terrible quality. It will be watchable, certainly, but the image will be moderately blurred, the sound will deteriorate, and the colors will have a faded look. The more tapespace you take to preserve an image, the better the image will be preserved. That's why SP mode can only record two hours worth of shows while SLP makes it to six-- SP records things in superior quality (Redwall was one of the few shows I cared to record in SP). That's why the videos sold in the store are SP.

The other half of the matter is that the DVD format is lauded for its perfect picture and sound. The show will have such clarity that you'll be able to see lines in the animation that you might otherwise have missed on the broadcast/video tape. The colors will also be extremely vibrant. An episode on a DVD will be superior to a VHS copy (even one bought at the store) in every way possible. Furthermore, DVDs do not lose their quality every time you play them back.

Now, to maintain that high quality, you can't jam-pack the DVD. You could, theoretically, stick quite a bit on a single DVD, but somewhere along the way you'd have to start sacrificing the quality and compress the episodes. Generally speaking, the most half hour episodes you can put on a single DVD without having the quality suffer is nine. Finding nine episode discs is extremely rare. In fact, finding six episode discs is rare. The common episode count for animated shows on DVD is three to five. So, we're actually pretty lucky to have the season spread out on only two discs rather than four discs (3-3-3-4).

Glenner
March 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Are there any speciaal features on these dvds? It'd sure be nice to see a commentary by Mr. Jacques on one of them.

The Red Badger
March 27th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Nope, they've just got the episodes.

*looks around, remembering the TV forum's glory days*

*sigh* :(

Slagar the Cruel
March 27th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by The Red Badger
*looks around, remembering the TV forum's glory days*

*sigh* :(
Start a thread about Survivor: All-stars! That guy you hated for always winning made it onto that one, didn't he? ;)

Martin the Warrior
March 27th, 2004, 04:18 PM
He was voted off already. ;) I think Jerri is still there, though.

Chelki Sureshot
March 27th, 2004, 07:32 PM
If you could do that, I would fall to my knees and weep with joy

**giggles** so would I.

The Red Badger
March 29th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Slagar the Cruel
Start a thread about Survivor: All-stars! That guy you hated for always winning made it onto that one, didn't he? ;)

No, they are no longer worthy of my coolness.

Slagar the Cruel
April 1st, 2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by The Red Badger
No, they are no longer worthy of my coolness.
So, for the record: what's changed? The shows, or your tolerance for them?

Looking back, I'm more a case of the latter.

Chelki Sureshot
April 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
What's changed? Well, I hate how much they've changed from the book. A few of my big ones are that Matthias rescued the Tapestry, and when they could've put Silent Sam in there, they have some freaky mouse named Wild Ivy instead! Why oh why couldn't they keep it like the book?

Senav
April 7th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Chelki, I think they're talking about Survivor. Speaking of which, I kinda got bored with Survivor after the third one. Rudy was cool.

Um. Yes. That's all for now.

LadyBeelze
April 7th, 2004, 07:25 PM
My mom is a fanatic, she forces me to watch every single season. Oui The only one i liked mostly was the Australia one, i forgot what season that was.

Chelki Sureshot
April 8th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Senav
Chelki, I think they're talking about Survivor.

Ohh. . .

t@gg :)
April 10th, 2004, 06:45 AM
What's changed? Well, I hate how much they've changed from the book. A few of my big ones are that Matthias rescued the Tapestry, and when they could've put Silent Sam in there, they have some freaky mouse named Wild Ivy instead! Why oh why couldn't they keep it like the book?

I saw that episode. I turned on the TV and didn't know what the heck they were talking about! Also the aulstrailian season was #2. (I think) Rupert all the way!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesethief
April 15th, 2004, 09:41 AM
I've seen about six episodes of Redwall on channel five. You have to get up real early to see them, plus i used to not even get Five properly so i got headaches from staring at the fuzzy screen. Now i got a digital loada channels its hardly ever on! the only one i can remember was when cheesethief gets wasted. it was good, but i think redwall would benefit from a really good film with great special effects. i can imagine the horde of cluny being just like in lotr:the two towers at helms deep.

Chelki Sureshot
April 18th, 2004, 03:37 PM
It's Sunday, it should be here really soon. . .

Cheesethief
May 23rd, 2004, 09:55 AM
i just got the redwall dvd. it was great! i loved it so much and it was only 7.
i also ordered urso brunov and the ribbajack.

Felldoh
June 12th, 2004, 10:11 AM
I got both the DVDs off Ebay. I loved both of them, though I do hope they release Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior on DVD...

Orlando The Axe
June 12th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Well now, If only they had them at the public library...

Delhome
June 14th, 2004, 03:03 PM
i can't wait

Chelki Sureshot
June 21st, 2004, 10:20 AM
I've got it. The shrews are awesome! The part at the end, where they go
"Redwall Forever!"
"Second that!"
"Hoi!"
That's so cool! I love how the vote. I like how Constance bit Redtooth and killed him. That was cool. Poor Basil! At the end. . .Uh=oh. This is probably spoiler-worthy. Ah well. Everyone's probably read Redwall, so. . .

Lord Servone
June 21st, 2004, 11:25 AM
Constance bit Fleaburn/bag/forgot what his name was. Redtooth just disapeared in the show, if I remember right. Sorry about that nitpick xP

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 01:01 PM
in the redwall movie (not the tv episodes) cheesey doesnt appear at all basically.:(

Felldoh
June 21st, 2004, 02:13 PM
That stinks. I have never seen the movie, but my friend has it and I'm trying to get her to send it to me.

But my day is completely made, I go on to the site and read that Mattimeo is released on DVD and an American release is possible. Though I got it taped off TV, I might just buy DVDs of Mattimeo. Now all I need is news of Martin the Warrior...

Chelki Sureshot
June 21st, 2004, 03:24 PM
Hold your horses, Keyla. We take this Nelvana business one step at a time..

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 04:40 PM
as far as im aware slagar the slaver is on video, and thats it. please update me on this one.

Martin the Warrior
June 21st, 2004, 07:28 PM
No, it's a simultaneous DVD/VHS release.

LordTBT
June 22nd, 2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
in the redwall movie (not the tv episodes) cheesey doesnt appear at all basically.:(

um...what redwall movie?

Second, it appears none of you are very educated about your DVD players. All DVD players are capable of playing all DVDs. Your DVD player is like a computer, it has certain software on it, which limits the region. There are ways of turning that off. In some cases, its as simple as pressing a combination of butotns on your remote!

In more difficult cases, it involves downloading some software, burning it, and inserting it into your dvd player.

Do a google for <my dvd player> Hack
Ex. "sony dvp-s330 dvd hack"

or checkout

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Felldoh
June 22nd, 2004, 02:46 PM
From what I understand, the movie is just the TV series edited into a movie. She said it was three hours long, I don't know though. I think the movie was released on VHS, but not in America if I remember correctly.

The Red Badger
June 22nd, 2004, 05:07 PM
um...what redwall movie?

Footage from the first season was taken and made into a 90-minute "movie". It was released on VHS and DVD in the UK, but Stateside you'd have to check your PBS schedule. They like to air it during pledge weeks.

Second, it appears none of you are very educated about your DVD players.

Pretty broad, and not true. Martin made mention of the fact that Region free DVD players will have no problem playing the discs. Altering your DVD player to MAKE it Region free pretty much voids the warranty, tho, so it's not advisable.

Personally, I don't think its worth the hassle. The North American DVDs put out the seasons on two volumes (6 - 7 eps apiece), the UK one on three volumes (4 - 4 - 5 eps apiece). I'd say wait. :cool:

Cheesethief
June 23rd, 2004, 05:08 AM
in the uk if you cant afford the series you get the dvd or video of a movie which is the best bits edited and put into one 90 minute long spectacular. i have the movie and am planning to get the episodes. so sorry if i made ya think i had the episodes already.:o

Delhome
June 23rd, 2004, 08:13 AM
im gettin that dvd even if i have to got to the UK and buy a dvd player there!

Cheesethief
June 23rd, 2004, 08:31 AM
good on ya! thats the spirit! all this dvd hack stuff confuses me, and if i lived in the us id do the same thing!

Delhome
June 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM
and if i can't get it, i'll get one off my corsair mateys from the RVA to get it fer me.