PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a reminder....

Lord Servone
November 10th, 2002, 11:27 AM
For those of you who may be interested, two major DVD (one also on VHS) releases are coming out this Tuesday...

First of which is Star Wars: Episode 2 , which you've probably seen advertised the heck out of on TV and other promos (on both DVD and VHS)

Secondly, not as majorly promoted, the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Four Disc extended version on DVD (I don't think on VHS though).

I'm making a special run to town to pick up both (hopefully Wal-Mart has the extended LOTR...) this Tuesday...

Airemia
November 10th, 2002, 01:52 PM
I'm not bothering with Star Wars, because I didn't really like Episode 2. The original trilogy rocks, though. But not the new ones. :rolleyes:

As for Lord of the Rings, yay! Can't wait! I probably won't get it right when it comes out, because I don't NEED to see it now. I'll probably just wait for one of my parents to buy it, or for Christmas. :)

MoonShadow
November 10th, 2002, 05:57 PM
I saw the FotR SE DVD when I was looking for a good deal on a Gamecube, and I was like "...!".

The DVD (the outside box it's in I mean) looks cool, and I was going to buy it for Christmas (I mean, 30 hours of special features!), but due to circumstances beyond my control that I won't get into here, I'll probably get it from the library instead.

*points to Servone's new avater* 'nother servyhead. ;)

Lyrian Aryns
November 10th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Bah. My mom went and bought the first one right when it came out, so I doubt she'd buy the second one, as well... :\ But I want the extra stuff!
Although, I might be able to pursuade her to get it for Christmas... Hm.

MoonShadow
November 10th, 2002, 07:22 PM
You want too much for Christmas. Namely DVDs. ;)

Lyrian Aryns
November 10th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Moon-Moon, stop mixing forums, you'll confuse everyone!

Well, Christmas is just about the only time that I can get stuff without that irritating little detail of having to pay for it... But then again, I have to pay for other people's gifts, so it kinda balances out... Er-hem. Rabbit trail. Sorry.

LadyBeelze
November 11th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Star Wars 2 Yay...it never came to my theaters. my mom will probably get it for me. As for the lord of the rings, i want it badly but i don't got a dvd player ...:( :( :(

MoonShadow
November 11th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Well... you could get a PS2 or something so you can have both a game system and a DVD player.... Just a suggestion. :)

Yes, I am trying to confuse people lyriFrosh. Just making them extra-curious... *whistles*

Martin the Warrior
November 11th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Well, I'm definitely planning on picking up both. The E1 DVD was one of the most enjoyable DVDs to watch and their presentation of the "behind the scenes" documentary remains a favorite, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that E2 will match it or surpass it. The best thing they could do is to either put the deleted scenes back into the movie or have them on disc one giving viewers the option of reinserting them. It would solve my primary complaint with the movie: pacing.

As a point of interest, apparently Toys R Us will be selling E2 DVDs until 11/20 (or while supplies last) for the low-price of $9.99. Hard to beat that.

As for LOTR, I expect great things from this DVD and I'd hate to be let down. Thirty hours of special features doesn't mean much if all the features are boring (as unlikely as that is). ;) I'm a little tired of having two DVD releases, but in this case I'll bite. I just hope TTT puts everything on the first DVD.

Lord Servone
November 11th, 2002, 06:54 PM
$9.99? :eek:

Wow...If I had the time, I would make the trip to buy it there... it would save me 5 bucks or so. Haven't heard about the deal, so I guess I'll be safe and just buy it at Wal-Mart tomorrow... going there anyway. Hope they have the 2 Disc LOTR too...

Probably wouldn't get around to making the trip to Toys R Us anyway...I'll be in the area, but it'd probably be just to see Chamber of Secrets :\

Gabool the Wild
November 11th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Martin, we need not fear about the deleted scenes. From Amazon .com, I have learned that the DVD will have:

Eight exclusive deleted scenes with introductions: Padme Addresses the Senate, Jedi Temple Analysis Room, Obi-Wan and Mace on Jedi Landing Platform, Extended Arrival on Naboo, Padme's Parents' House, Padme's Bedroom, Dooku Interrogates Padme, Anakin and Padme on Trial

I don't know if it has the commentaries you're hoping for but Amazon does give a list of all the special features that come with it.

If you haven't guessed already, I am definetly getting Star Wars (but it might be a Christmas present :rolleyes: ) As for the LoTR, I don't think I will be getting this new one. I got the one, back in August and that was good enough for me.