PDA

View Full Version : Reporter for Terrouge...

Nora the Rover
March 3rd, 2004, 05:00 PM
Erm... I've just recently gotten the position of reporter at Terrouge... *feels really stupid...* :o I wrote an editorial on the aspects of religion in Redwall (http://www.terrouge.com/terr/article13.html)
I'd just like to thank everyone that helped to contribute to the article, it was a really big help, and I couldn't have written it without it. :)

LordTBT
March 3rd, 2004, 08:49 PM
I cant help but show my resentment to Terrouge for this. I wrote an article on this(which is here), submitted to them months ago, and they didnt even bother responding to me. While your article is slightly more in depth, it still covers some stuff in mine, so I am a little upset about this. :mad:

my definition of 'a little upset' is similar to 'livid with rage'. :mad:

Nora the Rover
March 3rd, 2004, 10:57 PM
You have my sympathy. :(

Before I was accepted, I had been rejected by Terrouge three times. I hope that the next time they're hiring, things will work out better for you. Firstly, if you're rejected, just try again. If that doesn't work out, go to a different publication or something of the sort.
From what I've heard, the competition was pretty tough, and it was a hard choice. The reason as to why they haven't responded was because they're going through alot of chaos right now, and trying to get everything together. Alot of the old reporters are leaving or retiring.
I think you have the skills of a good writer, from what I've read in your articles. I think that you just need to keep your cool, and stay patient, opprotunities are everywhere, you just need to look harder.

LordTBT
March 4th, 2004, 11:05 AM
I wasnt trying to be a reporter, just a guest author. The fact that they didnt bother to respond at all is what irks me the most.
And the fact that your article was similar to mine yet yours was published.

Everyone thinks I'm a good writer. Thats why I receive As on my papers in college level writing courses.

The Red Badger
March 4th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Nice job, Nora! And mucho congrats and becoming a Terrouge reporter! Can't wait to see what you've got down the pike. :cool:

Teebs, I'd wager the fact that Nora's article was more in-depth and broader than "Why an Abbey?" is exactly why they went with her instead of you (well, that and the fact that she was interested in being an ongoing contributor). Sure, you should have gotten a "Thanks, but no thanks" at least, but they have to receive quite a few submissions, so overlooking some is understandable. Don't get so hot under the collar over it. Take Nora's advice and keep your cool. :redsy

Congrats again, Nora!

Mackinsie
March 4th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Congratulations, Nora! :D I'll go read your article as soon as I finish posting!

Keyla
March 5th, 2004, 11:44 AM
A very interesting article Nora with some very interesting angles. It was in depth and well thought out but not too long. I long forward to seeing your work in the coming months' issues.

Lord TBT I am sure the lack of reply is an oversight rather than anything else. They have been very busy over their lately, what with taking in new reporters, so I would not be too offended that they forget to e-mail back. My advice would be to try again as they are a little less fraught now, I believe. And now that Nora is a reporter you'll have friends in high places.;)

Nora the Rover
March 5th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks, everyone.

Mackinsie
March 5th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I enjoyed your article Nora :) Congrats, again!

Senav
March 6th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Your article was teh cool.
Neat comparison between badgers and berserkers. Can't remember if you mentioned it, but the berserk warriors of old used hallucinatory drugs to get that effect. I can't really see a badger lord doing 'shrooms O.o

LordTBT
March 6th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Thats why we use LSD instead. It's not addictive, and it wears off in about an hour

Glenner
March 7th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Congrats on your new position Nora!:) I'll be reading you article shortly.

Senav
March 8th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Thats why we use LSD instead. It's not addictive, and it wears off in about an hour
I'm hoping you knew that through research of some kind, rather than personal experience...*scrunches up face*

Nora the Rover
March 8th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I suppose I should've put something about the whole drug thing in there... If I recall rightly, in a few of the books, the badgers used herbs and whatnot, after which they had visions and dreams. The herbs didn't provoke Bloodwrath, however.

t@gg :)
March 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM
congrats!

LordTBT
March 9th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I'm hoping you knew that through research of some kind, rather than personal experience...*scrunches up face*

Psych 101 :D

LSD is a man-made substance. When the creator of it was doing scientific tests to see how much it would affect him, he used about 4 times the amount that is sold on the street today.
And LSD in its pure form is not addictive, and wears off quickly, which is why most people OD on it. :)

Martin the Warrior
March 10th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Back on subject. ;)

Nicely done on the article, Nora! Congrats on joining the Terrouge team!