PDA

View Full Version : My teacher likes Redwall?

VanessaNB
November 12th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Yes, 'tis true. My art teacher saw me doodling in my binder and she said: "Oh, you like Redwall too?" My reaction was (of course) "Wha?"
So today, just to amuse her, I brought Marlfox in with me today and showed it to her. She was intrigued and looked at the list on back and told me that she had this one and not that one, so and so on.
Then, whoopedeedoodah day, the power went out, and we were eventually dismissed to a long recess before we were sent home. I took the opportunity to ask "What is your favorite character so far?"
And the answer is *drumroll* Rose! Ja.

And, for irony's sake, right before they sent us home, the power came back on:D

Sarkin23
November 12th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Well my teacher likes redwall to exept it isn"t that big of a suprise.

dandin1
November 12th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Wow! your lucky.... I'd wish my teachers would like redwall... Or even like anything!

LadyBeelze
November 12th, 2002, 06:04 PM
most of my teachers haven't even heard of redwall...your lucky

Lyrian Aryns
November 12th, 2002, 06:12 PM
I have a teacher who likes them, too... she saw me with Triss around a month and a half ago. I forgot what she said, exactly, but she mentioned liking the feast parts. I myself have lso found those rather a bit dull, but... yeah. That is all.

VanessaNB
November 13th, 2002, 04:24 PM
She says she wants to collect 'em all, she really likes it. Apparently the first one she got was "Tagger something. Do you know?" Me"Taggerung".
This might prove entertaining, though I've no idea why.

Darkhood_343
November 13th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Yeah my aunt is a redwall freak and she's a teacher. I just got my grandma to start reading them and shes read redwall and mattimeo.

dandin1
November 13th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Found an 7th grader that knows redwall in my bus... I hope he remembers the URL to the forum!

MoonShadow
November 13th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Found a guy in my camp who read Redwall. Don't trust him though. Tried emailing him the camp pictures twice, and neither email addresses worked. :\

My 7th grade English teacher is rather amused on how much I was obsesses with Redwall in his class last year, and basically every time he sees me, he asks me or mentions something about Redwall or related to it.

Well... none of my friends read Redwall as far as I know (excluding when one of my friends was reading Triss when a substitute in orchestra told her that she had to do something or at least read a book, so I gave her mines, and she sort of had some fun half-mocking the poetry in there. :\).... *feels lonely*

Okay, this is enough! None of my friends read Redwal, and none of my friends watch Animes (or enough Animes) and/or are willing to discuss it with me!

Pawflash
November 13th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Hehe, this reminds me of how I restarted my site...it had fallen by the wayside but then I started it back up, this time as a club, as a book report for The Legend of Luke...

Anyhow, I found one kid in my school who likes Redwall...I considered that a feat in and of itself.

Martin the Warrior
November 13th, 2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dandin1
Found an 7th grader that knows redwall in my bus... I hope he remembers the URL to the forum!

It would be much better to give him the URL of the site itself, Dandin. ;)

Lyrian Aryns
November 14th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Hrm... you know, I would go so far as to say that nearly every single one of my school friends has read the entire series. I feel... lucky?

MoonShadow
November 14th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Yes, feel very lucky. I'm like the little oddball everywhere. :\

LadyBeelze
November 14th, 2002, 06:43 PM
awwwwww you peoples are so lucky, nobody has even heard of the redwall series, nonetheless read them...nobody watches anime either

dandin1
November 14th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Well, the only friend that I have and reads redwall is the one that suggested it to me three years ago.... He showed me salamandastron, his the title and said "What do you think is the title" and I said er.... Brian Jacques? LOL! well, the Author's name is bigger than the title!

Darkhood_343
November 14th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Well the only friend I know who likes redwall is well...Sarkin. Uhh..he's the only one who likes anime that much, besides Pat. ;)

Baby Rollo
November 14th, 2002, 07:48 PM
I knew about Redwall ever since I was born. That's 'cause I was born in Redwall Abbey about 1 and a half years ago. My brother was born a few months ago. We know all about Redwall. Same as the old days, except with plumbing and computers and technology. We still have Martin's sword and shield somewhere. Won't let us dibbuns touch it though. They say it's too dangerous.

Cornflower
December 9th, 2002, 12:33 AM
In art class at my school, I doodled a picture of Matthias and Cornflower, and one girl noticed and said she likes Redwall! I couldn't believe it! :eek: She said her favorite characters are Matthias and one other one I couldn't remember, but I believe it was Cornflower or Basil Stag Hare.

LadyBeelze
December 11th, 2002, 08:15 AM
cool! ......still no sign of redwall lovers in my school...though i've never asked anyone

Darkhood_343
December 11th, 2002, 03:09 PM
The only Redwall lover in my school is...me. Cause I'm homeschooled.;) :p I'll be starting high school next year so I'll have to keep my eye out for peeps who draw,talk about, or read Redwall.