PDA

View Full Version : Things you like & dislike about Martin The Warrior

Martinmouse
April 11th, 2004, 12:21 PM
What do you like & dislike about Martin The Warrior?

Cheesethief
April 11th, 2004, 01:17 PM
I didn't like it when Martin became withdrawn in The Legend of Luke. Luckily he got over it.

Clecky
February 24th, 2005, 10:28 AM
I dislike it that theres two Martin the Warriors! It gets confusing for hares like me!

Sagrived Switpaw
February 24th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I dislike it that theres two Martin the Warriors! It gets confusing for hares like me!

just wonering old chap i think there is three martins. lukes father of martin the 1st. martin the 2nd warrior son of luke and martin the third son of mattimeo. but i do agree it dose get bally confusing wot wot.

but any way i didn't like that after that rose galls death, His happy caricter just shut down wot wot. it might have bin a little bit over dramatized. (but that is just me) old chap. "Swit"

Felldoh
February 24th, 2005, 12:19 PM
The character or book? I'll just assume the character. I thought he was a stuck-up jerk who whined too much over the death of a girl he met like a week ago. :p I'm also sick of hearing about him and him making an appearance in pretty much every Redwall book. I'd get tired of Felldoh if he was in as many books as Martin was.

Badrang3
February 24th, 2005, 07:42 PM
The character or book? I'll just assume the character. I thought he was a stuck-up jerk who whined too much over the death of a girl he met like a week ago. :p

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Martin was the single most stuck up character in the entire series. :rolleyes:

And he didn't exactly whine about it. He went out into the woods every now and again and cried to himself. And so would anyone else who lost their love.

Wormerwing
February 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
One Word: Felldoh
either book or guy

Felldoh
February 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Martin was the single most stuck up character in the entire series. :rolleyes:

And he didn't exactly whine about it. He went out into the woods every now and again and cried to himself. And so would anyone else who lost their love.

*Shrug* I never said he was the most stuck-up, but I did think he was a bit stuck-up. Honestly, I was not in the best of moods when I wrote the "whine" bit... I just don't believe in love at first sight, and being hurt that badly over someone he met like a week ago didn't really catch me as emotionally as it was probably supposed to.

One Word: Felldoh

Now is that like or dislike? I'll assume dislike, considering thats what the topic seems to have been about so far.

Badrang3
February 24th, 2005, 10:07 PM
. I just don't believe in love at first sight, and being hurt that badly over someone he met like a week ago didn't really catch me as emotionally as it was probably supposed to.

I'll agree to the whole love on first site thing. ( That's the thing I hated most about Romeo and Juliet.) But I figure that they got to know eachother well enough over the course of the book to legitimitley fall in love.

Lonna Bowstripe
February 24th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I like him because he created this site. ;)

Felldoh
February 24th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I'll agree to the whole love on first site thing. ( That's the thing I hated most about Romeo and Juliet.) But I figure that they got to know eachother well enough over the course of the book to legitimitley fall in love.

I do see your point. Its just in my personal belief that forming a true relationship takes longer than it supposedly took them to form one.

LordTBT
February 25th, 2005, 12:00 AM
He's a mean, nasty guy with a strange obsession with Mexican headwear and comics

:D

you know I'm kidding Martin.

Cheesethief
February 25th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Rose and Martin could never have been bonded enough to reduce Martin to a veritable hermit after her demise.

Martin the Warrior
February 25th, 2005, 10:11 PM
He's a mean, nasty guy with a strange obsession with Mexican headwear and comics

Jealousy doesn't become you, TBT. :: pats his head:: Don't worry, one day you'll be cool, too. ;)

Martin of Redwall II
February 26th, 2005, 04:40 AM
not much to dislike bout him except he can be stupidly noble at times.
*ex. when he left noonvale*

Felldoh
February 26th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Rose and Martin could never have been bonded enough to reduce Martin to a veritable hermit after her demise.

Cheese gets what I'm talking about. :D

t@gg :)
February 26th, 2005, 11:35 AM
He definatly could...I mean, how would you fel if someone you loved, and spent all of the past month with her got killed by the person you've sworn to kill? Not good, I'd say.

Cheesethief
February 26th, 2005, 11:48 AM
The point is, how could he have loved her? As in become truly spiritually bonded. It's ridiculous.

Badrang3
February 26th, 2005, 11:55 AM
The point is, how could he have loved her? As in become truly spiritually bonded. It's ridiculous.

How could any one love anyone? Some people take years to love people, others a couple of days. I don't think there's a specific guideline that tells people, "Okay, you've known eachother for enough time now. Fall in love."
I figure the fact they were constantly together for what seems like a few weeks would be just enough time.

LordTBT
February 26th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Jealousy doesn't become you, TBT. :: pats his head:: Don't worry, one day you'll be cool, too

:rolleyes: :lol: good one

Bladeswift
February 26th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I don't know about "love," but it's easily possible to become strongly affectionate for a person in a matter of weeks.

shadowmoon
February 28th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I believe that love is connected to bonding. you can bond with someone the second you meet them. then you start to fall in love as you get to know them. Most of my friends i hav bonded with them, some ppl i know i cant start a convo with even if ive known them for sveral yrs while some of the friends i hav just made i get along with really well.
Rose and Martin in my opinionbonded and they could hav possibly fallen in love considering all they went through. disaster can bring ppl closer together.
to answer the original question, i dont think anything's wrong with Martin's character. he's on eof the few with a dark side.
:) soz im making a speech

Felldoh
March 1st, 2005, 09:04 AM
he's on eof the few with a dark side.

Felldoh had a dark side too. :p One of the reasons I liked him. He was nice, heroic, and he just wanted to free the slaves... but then he turned into a psycho bent on killing everyone in Marshank. :D I think thats a bit dark, don't you?

Cheesethief
March 1st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Pitch Black. :cool:

As I think it was said in a certain film, relationships started in extreme circumstances never last.

rowanoak
March 1st, 2005, 07:42 PM
I believe that Martin and Rose did form some sort of bond, which probably would have turned into true love. Eventually, I believe Martin did come to really love Rose, but that happened sometime after her death. The fact that Martin never married, I find really telling.

What I admire about Martin that that he was able to get past all the tragdy that happend to him and accomplish something that benefited his world; the founding of Redwall.

shadowmoon
March 2nd, 2005, 01:10 AM
Felldoh had a dark side too. :p One of the reasons I liked him. He was nice, heroic, and he just wanted to free the slaves... but then he turned into a psycho bent on killing everyone in Marshank. :D I think thats a bit dark, don't you?
yeah but we're ,talking bout martin not felldoh. hmm?
anyway i didnt say felldoh wasnt dark. if we're on the subject of dark characters then so is veil, romsca and of course felldoh.