PDA

View Full Version : new abbot/abbess?

Cheesethief
April 12th, 2004, 04:21 AM
who would everyone like to see as an abbot/abbess. Personally id like to see a mole or a hare, especially a mole. Or how about a shrew?

LadyBeelze
April 12th, 2004, 07:21 AM
A mole? You got to be kidding. I want to see a future abbot/abbess that is a mouse. 0.o

Cheek Stag Otter
April 12th, 2004, 12:02 PM
We've seen loads of Mouse Abbots/Abesses! I would love to see a Mole as Abbot/Abbess.

LadyBeelze
April 12th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I know there has been a great number of mouse abbot/abbess, but i like the traditonal figure. A mole would just seem to strange, what next a seal abbot (hawwm)? I mean c'mon 0.o

Cheesethief
April 13th, 2004, 05:58 AM
booooooo. mice are so boring. i respect what lady beezlebumon thinks but some of those mouseys... i can remember about two of them. mortimer, and, er, someone else. but i can remember different species. tansy, song, mhera, and so forth. oh wait, i remember the other mouse! mordalfus!:o

Lord_Brocktree
April 13th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I'd like to see a hare as an abbot/abbess. That would be awesome.

NoRacoonsInRedwall
April 13th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I couldn't have said it better, Lord Brocktree. Hares have always been the highlight of a book for me. I believe that Boorab is my favorite thus far.

Chelki Sureshot
April 13th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Hares all the way! It would be wierd, though. . .

Cheek Stag Otter
April 14th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by LadyBeelzebumon
I know there has been a great number of mouse abbot/abbess, but i like the traditonal figure. A mole would just seem to strange, what next a seal abbot (hawwm)? I mean c'mon 0.o

That would be hilarious, nobody would be able to understand it. It could live in the Abbey pond!

A Hare as abbot/abbes would also be good, Hares are my favourite's as well (well expect for perhaps Scaram).

Rillflag27
April 14th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Wasn't a hare an abbot/abbess once? Wait nvm, that was a squirrel....bleh. A mole would be cool....or a hare.

Lord_Brocktree
April 14th, 2004, 12:31 PM
A seal would be awesome. Although how it gets to the abbey is his problem not ours.

Cheesethief
April 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM
seals, yeah. problem, though: seals can only live in salt water.

Sunflash_the_Mace
April 21st, 2004, 07:35 PM
A badger. Then he'd be Badger Abbot of Salamandawall. Or Redwalamandastron.

Sandstripe the Wild
April 21st, 2004, 08:30 PM
Yah having a badger abbot would be nice, they certainly live long enough to be. Cregga probably could have the abbess.

Cheesethief
April 22nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
yeh maybe.

Rillflag27
April 22nd, 2004, 09:31 AM
Otters! Whou could forget about them? Go Otters!!!

Having an Otter as an Abbot/Abbess would be cooly.

Cheesethief
April 22nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
<ahem>
have you read taggerung?

Furrtil
April 22nd, 2004, 02:27 PM
I like new stuff, granted, but you can't totally change the whole structure of Redwall just for kicks. It just doesn't work!

"It was a beatiful summer day at Redwall Abbey. Abbess Nithmurda, a fire breathing mage, was conversing with the Abbey Champion, Bungo the baby mole, about installing a hot tub in the dormitories. Bungo kept having to duck wheneve the good Abbess spoke, or else he would become slightly crispy. Of course, Nithmurda may not have even been a fire breather at all; perhaps she only had sampled some of Friar Seal King's onions and liver.

On this fine day, a young teenage girl, Silthinia, had magically popped out of the air in the abbey's newly renovated bar. All the young otters had instantly fawned over her, as she sat, bewildered, wondering what October Ale was. Silthinia was the Angel of Death, and she had come, along with her pet dragon Teebler, to destroy the evil Mumples, a pink furred hampster king. As it just so happens, she arrived in Redwall's new cocktail area during Summertide, and was feasting with her new best friend, the neglected and lonely Badger Lord at the Nameday celebrations. He was very antisocial, and never trusted anyone, but something must have been special about her, because he immediately started spilling his top-secret FBI-confidential plans to take over the position as Abbot from Abbess Nithmurda.

Being the good little kumquat she is, Silthinia immediately told the Abbess. The Abbess was so pleased, that she gave up her title of Abbess to Silthinia, and would've burnt off the poor girl's head if the Abbess hadn't been inspecting her new hot tub. Silthinia became the first ever Human Abbess, and everyone loved her, including the evil badger who had changed his evil ways.

It just doesn't work! Let the moles stay a Foremoles, let the otters stay as Skippers, and it will all be good. A hedgehog Abbot might be nice. (I can't currently remember whether we've had one or not). Hares have been and always will be connected to Salamandastron. A hare abbot could be possible, but it may be unlikely.

Cheesethief
April 22nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
good story. there has been a hog leader; name tansy pansy.
and otters? mhera

thief with bright orange fur

Sunflash_the_Mace
April 24th, 2004, 05:04 PM
What about vermin?