PDA

View Full Version : the long patrol's very own little song

Cheesethief
April 13th, 2004, 06:53 AM
ok this is my first attempt at a redwall poem. its written in the style of the hares. and without further ado, i'll get straight to it, wot?

*ahem*
Toodle pip, wot wot, such a bally spiffin' wheeze,
Which the Long Patrol perform with military ease,
We'll fight all day, so you can say, with voices full of praise,
"Oh, I do wish those gallant 'ares'll return one o' these days!"
THEEEEEEEEEEESEEEE DAAAAAAAAAAAYS!

Toodle pip, wot wot, it's a jolly nice day,
And Sergeant Biff is off on 'oliday,
We'll scoff 'is tuck, and with any luck, he'll permanently stay away,
Till at least April, and maybe even May!
EEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Toodle pip, wot wot, it's the end of our song,
And we jolly well hope you won't delay for long,
To offer us some grub, maybe salad in a tub,
Is that the bell for supper? Great! Dong! Dong!
DOOOOONG DIIIIIDLYYYYYYYY DOOOOOOOONG!

*wild applause as the hares take bows*
*Dibbun screams: "Agin! Me wanna wabbit to sing nuvva song!"*

skipperofotterswot
May 4th, 2004, 06:46 PM
god song wot wot!

skipperofotterswot
May 4th, 2004, 06:48 PM
*good

Cheesethief
May 5th, 2004, 12:58 PM
thanks! i thought no one liked it. but post comments in the comments section next time. it doesnt matter that much i suppose though...thanks loads whatever.

skipperofotterswot
May 22nd, 2004, 08:13 AM
srry,didnt know

Lonna Bowstripe
November 18th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I'll just bring up this old thread, as what's the point of bringing up a new one? Anyway, Cheese, that's really good. A lot better than mine.

Cheesethief
November 21st, 2004, 12:37 PM
hey, thanks! i wrote it in about 30 seconds. it was meant to be to the tune of a hornpipe, but whatever. thanks.

blankey_boy
November 21st, 2004, 12:39 PM
good song :D :lol:

Sargeant Glint
January 16th, 2005, 11:47 PM
(yes I realize that seargant is spelled wrong)
I realize that this post was a while ago so you might no even be around but, over the past few days I have been searching for the perfect song for a post on www.avidgamers.com/abbey/ and this is it. I'm a hare and I need a song to sing before we chow down and I enjoy this one very much so yah, I'm going to copy and paste this song, ooc the site and creater and give you all the credit for this because you deserve it being as good as this. If you have a major problem tell me and I will take it down but just remember that I would really like it if you would let me use it in my post.
Thanks in advance,
Seargant Glint :D

Cheesethief
January 17th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Yo sarge! Yup, I'm still here (as I'm sure everyone would despairingly tell you), and I see no problem with you using it. You might want to put in the capital letters, as I was going through a "stage", albeit a very lo-o-ng one ( :D ) and so there are none.

Thank you very much for the compliment. Just put the credit to JP, alias Cheesethief. (Something you won't hear in bars across the UK! :p )

Enjoy, I hope it goes down well on the site!

Sargeant Glint
January 17th, 2005, 03:02 PM
as soon as log a log posts I'll tell you how he liked it. (warning shameless advertising) just throw this at you to if you lik rping and want to join a good redwall site then www.avidgamers.com/abbey/ is one that I'm involved in, theres alot of active people, and its a realy good plot. So yah if youre into that kinda stuff come on over and join. you can be vermin or redwaller. I'm a hare and theres a long patrol if ye would like to join so come one and come all.

Sorry had to throw that in *hangs head* I'm a walking billboard.

Basils #1 fan
April 2nd, 2005, 10:03 AM
Cool!I like it. ;)