PDA

View Full Version : The Rant Thread

Foremole
April 25th, 2004, 06:38 PM
This is a place for you to post all of your daily rants and raves. Feel free to scream all you want:D.

LadyBeelze
April 25th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I got a rant about a anime but i don't think that is what you wanted (more of a stress thread? uh. n.n) . *loves Wolf's Rain to death* *walks off*

Matthias of Redwall
April 25th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Utterly pointless... if you wanna shout, go to the park.

LadyBeelze
April 25th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I agree with MoR (For once?), this post is too general, thus it's mostly likely going to turn out as spam (Which i'm not helping n.n)

Furrtil
April 25th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Argh! I hate people who make pointless threads about pointless subjects! Ranting! Seriously! Who really cares if you need to rant or not? You should just suck it up instead of spilling your pathetic story to the uncaring masses. Why should we have to listen to your stupid sentimental stories? We have better things to do with our time. In all truthfulness, no one really cares whether you want to rant or not. In fact, we'd all be so much happier if you'd just sit in a corner and cry. Cry quietly, we hate hearing snivelling. The stupid people that cry loudly -- seriously, why share your misery with us? We have enough already! So just be quiet and don't rant. It drives me crazy.

(/rant)

:lol:

Matthias of Redwall
April 25th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Well, Fur, to release the fustrastion, put it all to CAPs. Add a few ":mad: "s will also do the trick.

Beelze, you had agreed with me for more than a few times. You just don't want to admitt it.

LadyBeelze
April 25th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Like when? I don't really recall. '-'

Baby Rollo
April 25th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Um, let me begin.

I think strawberry cordial is the best drink in the world. It is so darn good and tasty. If you like strawberry cordial, you're cool. And since everyone likes strawberry cordial, everyone is cool too. And strawberry cordial should be the Abbey's official drink, though it has some competition with October Ale. October Ale is good, mind you, but it doesn't compare to Strawberry Cordial. Strawberry Cordial tastes good. I like it. It's my favorite drink.

I think Dave Barry is a pretty funny newspaper columnist. He won a pulitzer prize in 1988 so he must be good. President Kennedy won a Pulitzer too, but everyone knows he cheated.

I think this thread is pointless. I think it should be closed. It reminds me of the days when me, Lyrian, and Dandin had those spam wars. Good times, everyone. Good times.

Matthias of Redwall
April 25th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Oh, where is Martin when we need him?

Cheesethief
April 26th, 2004, 07:26 AM
I hate people who tell you to calm down! And popups!

Foremole
April 26th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Alright, alright. Since I'm not allowed to edit my original post I'll specify in this one. This thread is to post in if you're mad about something that happened during the day. This thread would probably go better in a closer knit community, and I see that nobody's too keen on the idea so it can be deleted as soon as posible if that is the will of Martin.

Mackinsie
April 26th, 2004, 01:00 PM
I hate reckless drivers. I hate when cars pass me while I'm in the process of turning. Like it would kill them to wait for two seconds. :p

I also hate when people crack the spines on books in the bookstore and then put them back because they "don't want a book with a cracked spine". :mad:

It AnNoYs Me WhEn PeOpLe TyPe LiKe ThIs FoR rEaLlY lOnG pOsTs.

This is fun! :D

Senav
April 26th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I hate math.
I hate letting people use my stuff. They bend book covers, screw things up...Sure, I can bend my books, they're MINE.
I hate netspeak. U lo53r5!!!!!!!1!!!
I hate sites with a lot of popups, because they cripple our poor aging computer.

I hate a lot of things, come to think of it O.o

Cheesethief
April 27th, 2004, 04:58 AM
i hate lectures and french! all them grenouilles!

Foremole
April 27th, 2004, 10:23 AM
[i]
It AnNoYs Me WhEn PeOpLe TyPe LiKe ThIs FoR rEaLlY lOnG pOsTs.

This is fun! :D [/B]

Argh! I hate that too!
When people type in all caps its like they're shouting, this is also utterly annoying.
Rant: I need money! Theres no jobs for me to do.

t@gg :)
April 27th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I hate rap and Xbox and all the people that think Xbox is the best video game console.

The Red Badger
April 27th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I hate rude people. :p

I also hate it when (on forums) established people jump on newer people. Gee. . . :rolleyes:

Most of all, I really hate. . .

Cale Yin
April 27th, 2004, 04:48 PM
... I hate that too. Not as much as some people hate it though.

I hate my procrastination habit, getting dirty, getting anything on my hands that I can't immediately or effectively wash off (no, I'm not OCD), sticky things anywhere on me (like glue, jelly, whatever), paying for gas, the sound my car makes when I try to make it go a little faster a little sooner (it's a v4), getting sunburned, my inconvenient shortness (I'm 5'1"),
and most of all,
people who judge things based on appearance!!!!!!!! It's what's inside that countsssss!!!!! People are SHALLOOOOOOWWWW!!!!

And - there was a thread like this in earlier times called Pet Peeves or something. I don't think it's spam unless you post is very short and doesn't contribute much to the conversation.

Baby Rollo
April 27th, 2004, 05:24 PM
I also hate it when (on forums) established people jump on newer people. Gee. . .

Yeah, me too. Those rotten oldies thinking they're soooo cool. Hmph, makes me cranky.

Slagar the Cruel
April 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I'm not really a hateful person. But I've basically come to hate people who manufacture computer viruses, adware, spyware, and so on.

In my mind, there's absolutely no way to redeem what they do.

PiarasJ
April 28th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Heh heh.

I hate:
Television.
Movies. I HATE movies. HATE. Finding Nemo was bloody fantastic though. :P I hate drama, thrillers, horror, shows about policemen, CSI, shows about hospitals, anything serious or morbid, the news, or anything other than cartoons (I hate nickelodian unless its the wild thornberries and rugrats which were alight when I used to watch them...getting specific here. ;) ) And I like wildlife documentaries or travel shows like Lonely Planet or the Big Picture and comedy if it's not an American sitcom. (sorry, it's true, I can't stand them and I'm not ashamed to say it. ;)). Oh, and talk shows annoy me, and I get angry at shows like today tonight and 60 minutes that purposefully try to scare people who watch them by claiming that wearing socks causes blood clots and living in houses puts you at a high risk of hayfever.

what else do I hate............................that...just about covers it.

Foremole
April 28th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by t@gg :)
Xbox and all the people that think Xbox is the best video game console.

I agree, though I don't hate the people who like xbox but I do hate xbox. :rolleyes:
I hate it when people expect you to read their mind and then get mad when you don't understand what they mean.

BTW: This thread isn't just to post about things that you hate. Like if you got in a fight at school, or you're just mad about something.

Cheesethief
April 28th, 2004, 12:07 PM
grrrrr.
but hate is a strong word.

Slagar the Cruel
April 28th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by PiarasJ
I hate:
Television.
Movies.
That's pretty vague, but more often than not I find myself feeling the same way. (Mostly towards Television, which seems to market itself to the lowest denominator 99.999% of the time.)

Keyla
April 28th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I must confess I get a little annoyed at people whining if some work is hard. I should have more pity for them but I don't, especially when part of it is because they've been up way too late the night before and drinking or whatever.

I hate it when people imply that one is somehow niave or swayed by something because one doesn't see eye to eye with them, saying "your judgement is being affected" by something. It's not that I mind not agreeing with people, but rather that people think that because they see themselves as right one's assessment of the situation is implicitly wrong.

I hate racism. It's surprising what people still say and get away with, especially if it's not against a particularly in focus group. People's attitude to asylum seakers in Britain often gets into racial territory in my opinion.

I do wish someone would inform me how our land is ours by inherent right we have to say this land is ours and immegrants are "theives". I acknowledge restricting policies are necessary, but only so that the migrant population is spread more evenly between countries and doesn't flood out the infrastructure of hot-spots such as the UK. People seem to forget that many of these people have had more terrible experiences than we can ever imagine. It really saddens me that we can be so unloving towards people because our newspapers label them and hold them up as hate figures.

The West's indifferent to global and enviromental issues really gets on my wick. People's indifference to anything beyond their own circumstances is quite selfish, though at the same time understandable. I'm sick of us curling into a ball to protect our wealth and averting our eyes at the climate forcasts and pictures of famine we see on our TVs. I know we can't do everything but most people couldn't care less. It just makes me sad.

Airemia
April 28th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I hate hatred. What's up with that, eh?

LadyBeelze
April 28th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I hate..
School
Cats
Being with crowds of people
Pink
When someone licks their lips every second or so
War
Melted Cheese
Art Block
X-Box
Pop-Ups
Giving little kids piggy back rides
Wind
DVD/CD Packaging
Lephrechans
Penguins
Alot of other stuff ..

Red Draco
April 29th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Movies. I HATE movies.

Aha, a kindred spirit. XD It's not so much that I hate movies, I hate being made to watch movies. My in-laws always try to get me to see this movie or that one and I'm just like, no thanks. I don't like TV much either. I've always been more of a reader. Strangely enough, it's because I have a hard time following movie plots.

The West's indifferent to global and enviromental issues really gets on my wick.

Hey now, Canada signed the Kyoto Accord. Not to say that improvements can't be made, but we're generally a little more environmentally aware than down south.

Cheesethief
April 29th, 2004, 07:19 AM
i have a cat. used to have a dog. my cat is always hungry, hes a vicious little kitty too sometimes.

Keyla
April 29th, 2004, 01:06 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The West's indifferent to global and enviromental issues really gets on my wick.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey now, Canada signed the Kyoto Accord. Not to say that improvements can't be made, but we're generally a little more environmentally aware than down south.

Sorry, my comments weren't intended to be aimed at just America but rather the Western world in general, ie. including Britain and such. While we're not as bad as the US in some areas I think there is far more we could do but there is little political will to get it done, but the blame for that rests squarely on the shoulders of the common people like myself, but soon I'll be able to vote. I didn't mean to rant at America in particular but rather our collective attitude as a part of the world.

Cheesethief
April 29th, 2004, 03:05 PM
the people who are really getting fed up over global warming are those up north. when the ice caps melt it's bye bye eskimos. lots of animals have to move to a decent climate because the equator is getting hotter. people felling trees in south america are really annoying, cosnot onlythe aforementioned things will happen but carbon dioxide levels are going up.

Keyla
April 29th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Global Warming affects everyone. The resultant increase in desertitfication will create problems at whatever latitude, regardless of whether one is located on the coast or on floodable land. People seem to think all it does is give us hotter summers and melt some ice caps; it is a far more serious issue that is taken worryingly lightly. Not only does it endanger the enviroment but worsens the possibility of famine in African countries and increases the likelihood and scale of weather hazards. It is something that will affect everyone, but as always the poor of this world will be worst hit.

MoonShadow
April 29th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Today, our school's badminton team lost our second game against another school. If we beat them, we would've tied conference championships with that school. But we didn't. And I feel like everyone is blaming the coach. Just leave her alone. Maybe it's not her fault, but our lack of tennis players playing badminton in the freshmen and sophomore years.

Then people are complaining about how there's too much people on the team (22 people on the "varsity" team and then like about 5-10 more on the developmental team). Heck, I agree sometimes, but why don't they consider that the whole purpose of having so many people on the team (mainly, they're complaining about the developmental people) is so that instead of having those girls getting cut and not play badminton, they'd get a chance to play and improve their skills (which is working really well from some people). Then, they don't even remember that the developmental people usually leave after a certain time (usually before much of the practice starts). So... that means that members of the JV team (since the varsity team is only supposed to have 11 members) would have to be cut, and that would be most of those who are whining their mouths off. And then some of those girls get all bigheaded from various things. Gosh, some of them really annoy me... and it doesn't help either that all the other freshmen want to beat me in a match.

[/endrant]

Oh, and I hate parsely. :p

Red Draco
April 30th, 2004, 03:08 AM
the people who are really getting fed up over global warming are those up north. when the ice caps melt it's bye bye eskimos. lots of animals have to move to a decent climate because the equator is getting hotter. people felling trees in south america are really annoying, cosnot onlythe aforementioned things will happen but carbon dioxide levels are going up.

Not to mention that a great deal of the world's fresh drinking water comes from iceburgs. If those melt, we could be endangering our lives (and we're not even talking about coastal flooding).

Keyla: Ah, no problem. I know exactly what you mean. I worked for 3 years as a janitor, I know how disgusting human beings are in general. I try to do my part with the little things. I recycle, I don't buy paper plates, and when my husband and I finally get around to having a kid, we're talking about putting it in cloth diapers for at least part of the time. If everyone did a little bit, it'd make a difference.

I was raised on what I guess right-wingers might call liberal hippie propaganda. ;) I hardly consider myself an extremist though. Most of my conservation methods are just pure common sense.

Foremole
April 30th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I don't worry about global warming so much, why? Because it is useless to worry about things that you have no control over.

Rant: I ordered a new part for my bike last Sunday. The company claims to have just shipped it 2 days ago and they said it was going to get here today but it hasn't yet and probably won't for a while.

Airemia
April 30th, 2004, 04:37 PM
The Inuit don't live *on* icecaps. They're not going to have no place to live if the ice melts or anything. :p

Keyla
April 30th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Foremole, no-one should panic over Global Warming but they should be concerned. As the electerate or future electerate we have, or will have, our own bit of political sway and putting the enviroment higher on our agendas puts it higher on the agendas of politicians.

As Red Draco said there are things we can do and though they seem small they have an impact when many people do them. It's actually untrue to say we have no control over the future of our planet; each person in this forum has their own piece of the solution.

Cale Yin
May 2nd, 2004, 01:04 PM
I now feel that I should come out of the closet as one who also does not like TV or Movies. Everyone is always saying, Have you seen this-that-and-the-other movie? And I always have to sayNOOOOOOO . TV is just dumb these days. Nothing's good, everything's gone in the trash. At least the Superbowl incident is pushing a lot of TV people to censor things like Howard Stern and all the other bad stuff.

Matthias of Redwall
May 2nd, 2004, 08:53 PM
I can say my discontent in a few words: I hate life...

PiarasJ
May 7th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Red Draco: I've always been more of a reader. Strangely enough, it's because I have a hard time following movie plots.
I find that as well, movies often spoil books too which is another groaner.
The main thing that narks me about some movies is the directors implicit assumption that seeing certain things acted out on screen will entertain me. I get angry when violent or sex scenes are flashed up without warning as though I really want to see that sort of stuff acted out. Makes me feel sick sometimes because the way it's affected me in the past makes me...angry...sick for lack of better words. I hate the thought of little kids who love watching that sort of thing, it screws people up. Which is another thing I hate about movie makers in general- how they try to hide the fact that violence, horror, supernatural themes and sex in movies really does screw people up. I can't see how they can pretend the problem doesn't exist, or that it's not their fault by saying "I'm just the sound effects guy, I didn't decide what this movie would be about, don't blame me." I reckon if you're supporting a movie like that by helping out then you're responsible for your part in it, don't blame someone else- it's the individuals who make up the whole who make movies like that happen. Movies like that shouldn't happen.
The end.

Deforestation and old growth logging sucks too. How people can turn magnificent trees like that into woodchips is beyond me. They could at least mill the timber so craftsmen can make good things out of it. Next time you're mulching your garden, remember it could be coming from my backyard. (That's a joke, I don't expect you to think of that ever again, our garden is mulched with woodchips too ;) )

PiarasJ
May 7th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Matthias, life is pretty hard ay. I got pretty hammered by it the other night, I got pretty scared, but there is stuff to hang onto, though it didn't seem like it while I was being punched in the guts by my own thoughts and problems. We're all on your side. ;)

Matthias of Redwall
May 9th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by PiarasJ
Matthias, life is pretty hard ay. I got pretty hammered by it the other night, I got pretty scared, but there is stuff to hang onto, though it didn't seem like it while I was being punched in the guts by my own thoughts and problems. We're all on your side. ;)

I seriously doubt that statement...it is just too good to be true.

PiarasJ
May 10th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Lots of things are too good to be true, it doesn't change the fact that they are true though. ;)

Two of my friends have shown me that. You know in The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe how the professor tells Peter and Susan that:
There are only three possibilities. Either your sister is telling lies, or she is mad, or she is telling the truth. You know she doesn't tell lies and it is obvious that she is not mad. For the moment then and unless any further evidence turns up, we must assume that she is telling the truth CS Lewis said the same thing about Jesus that he said about Narnia in that quote. It would take a horrendous liar to say the things that Jesus said without it being true. Jesus' story is backed up by four different books written by four different people (The gospels) remember these were eye-witnesses of Jesus, and close friends of his. Then there's the fact that whole towns came to believe after Jesus' ressurection that Jesus was telling the truth. Whole towns don't just suddenly believe in something without a fair bit of evidence do they??

And this is still happening in China according to a man named Yun-whole villages in China are believing when Yun and his friends talk to them. But of course you don't have to believe me. Hopefully I've proven to you that I'm not totally insane or a terrible liar by now. ;) I myself don't have any hard evidence to show anyone, but my two friends (and my dad) and hearing things like what I just wrote is pretty good evidence in my mind, and I'm pretty cynical. Oh yeah, another good evidence for things that are too good to be true is the rapture you see on kids faces in church, people I would have classed as pretty rude before are heaps nicer now and they're singing in church like they really do believe. It's pretty cool to see it.
The end. :p

didn't mean for it to be that long, sorry. :rolleyes:

Matthias of Redwall
May 11th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Well, at least that is good to hear. But look people nowadays are sooooo thick in their minds, that what they pass for their brains can manure my garden. Even you present them with hard evidence, they still claim you forged the evidence and you are the liar. Such a sad world it is.

Furrtil
May 11th, 2004, 08:00 PM
People should at least try in what they do. My ballet class, this girl has no idea what's going on. She's always talking, misses whats going on. Then she has to sort of make up the steps as she goes along, which looks terrible because she has absolutely no technique at all. What do you suppose all those lessons and years of teachers shouting at you to have good posture were for? So you could slump, sticking out your stomach and butt, with toes that aren't pointed and arms that look like limp spaghetti with claws on the end? So you could stand in the very front of our dance and forget the part we learned two months ago, and has been in the dance ever since? So you could make up your own dance moves that make you look like a idiot who (here we go past the board's rules on content) and continue doing it for the rest of class? So when we are all standing with the correct posture and arms and we are standing in fifth position, you are standing smack dab in the middle of the stage in a horrible uneven second position/parrallel/I just came off the street stance? And if you really think that you're fat, which you aren't, why are you wearing shorts with your rear hanging out, and shirts that if you weren't wearing a leotard underneath, would require you to walk around with a giant black bar over your chest to censor you?

And most of all, why is it that you don't even try? You don't listen to me when I ask you to stand in fifth position for only four counts, saying, "I don't care". Well I sure do care whether or not you make our entire dance look bad because you are sure to special to have to worry about actually looking graceful. Why should someone of your high stature actually have to work? Of course you're naturally good at ballet, and so therefore you couldn't have to try at all.

What? You say you're not good at ballet? Well then, why don't you wake up and do something about it, instead of declaring blankly that you aren't good at ballet and looking around with your gut hanging out? I go to dance for a reason, and the reason isn't to have to skip barre, or do ridiculously easy barre so you don't screw it up, or have to listen to my teacher yelling at you to shut your mouth for ten seconds. I come to dance, and to get better, and I really try. Maybe it makes me mad that you don't even respect ballet enough to let us work. You have no technique. Your hips aren't even, you don't pointe your toes, your shoulders aren't down, your back isn't straight, your arms aren't soft, your legs aren't straight. And don't you know you generally need to bend your legs before you jump? And I know that it's not that you haven't had the training or skills, because this is basic stuff, and it's not like it has changed in the past six months just for you. I know that you're not trying at all, because no one would purposely look that bad.

And please, don't be so rude. Why you think you can insult people and be rude and they can't do the same to you boggles my mind. i've had the restraint not to yell at you, and have only been able to do that because I've stayed as far away from you as possible. I don't want my dance known as the one with the class that can't dance. Give us all a break, and try for once in your lifetime. Make an effort. Laziness is good for those who prefer to go nowhere or get nothing done, which you seem to like. But if you haven't been able to tell from this whole entire megilah, I don't want to be anything like you at all.

Forgive me for this rant everyone, I needed to get it out. Now I just have to write down the part that I declined to include here. aRGH!!!!!!!

Cheesethief
May 12th, 2004, 02:37 PM
thats right furrtil, you tell em.

PiarasJ
May 14th, 2004, 04:11 AM
that what they pass for their brains can manure my garden rofl It sounds a bit like my religious studies class- they delight in proving every religion wrong. In less than a term my teacher undermined the basic beliefs of Islam, Judaism and Christianity, and now we're starting on Buddhism. His facts were pretty messed up though, he seemed to think that God doesn't exist because "Who made God?" when if God is who we say He is it stands to reason that He is, was and always will be. He's the creatOR not the creatED. Or maybe it was the class asking who made God. Anyway, I'm being a bit rude here. Sorry Richard. ;) Oh yeah, and he thought that some of the laws of Judaism are contradictory, and he quoted two laws: one saying a man mustn't sleep with his brothers wife, and another saying that if your brother dies, then you should look after his wife. WHERE'S THE CONTRADICTION? There ISN'T one! It really gets my goat. :mad: ....sorry Richard again. :p

PiarasJ
May 14th, 2004, 04:21 AM
..............and ANOTHER thing! (Sorry Richard in advance.)

He asked the question "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" when we started on Buddhism, because apparently it's a question that zen Buddhists ask themselves- and he said he spent SIX MONTHS thinking about it, and finally came up with the answer...drumroll......
BECAUSE I WAS BORN DURING WORLD WAR II And then refused to tell us why that was his answer. I am willing to heap compliments on anyone in this forum who can tell my WHY he got that answer, and why the answer isn't: One hand clapping doesn't make a sound.

Keyla
May 16th, 2004, 08:53 AM
The thing that annoys me more than RE students disrespecting the religions they are studying is when the teacher joins in! Though you do get some odd ideas from what people say, like when someone in my class declared that God was actually a tramp, at which point my mind immediately thought of sheep and goats and the fact that there was actually some theological truth to be taken from that statement, though I thought it best not to mention it.

However, what gets on my wick even more than disrespectful teachers and students are the text books. Of course, it is important to make the ideas manageable but they really do have a knack for taking the soul out of it. And the quotes! From the selection they use they seem to imply that the main reason for a persons faith is that it is what their parents did without acknowledging the fact that faith is personal and, while often guided by parents and elders, it comes down to personal choices. Still, some weak RE is better than none.

Slagar the Cruel
May 16th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Piaras J's teacher
BECAUSE I WAS BORN DURING WORLD WAR II
That quote is pretty el-oh-el (LOL).

Your teacher's wacky logic in the ways of Zen Buddhism has me arr-oh-tee-eff-el (ROTLF).

...for some reason, today I feel like specifying the pronounciation of my abbreviations. Tee-tee-why-el (TTYL).

PiarasJ
May 17th, 2004, 02:16 AM
El-oh-el sounds like it should mean something in Hebrew.
Still, some weak RE is better than none. True... I think one of the problems with trying to teach it in school is that the teacher is either going to be an athiest, or have some bias towards a certain religion, or if not that, they'll be overly analytical; leaving out the "soul" as you said. I suppose it's difficult to analyse a religion from the outside, unless you believe in the foundation of the religion you're studying then you're stuck-you can't go any further because the rest is bollocks to you. You can analyse it, but it won't make any sense to you...hopefully you'll see what I'm struggling to get at here...

The word "religious" is an odd one. I've been asked a few times at college if I'm "religious". Last year my English teacher asked the whole class, and it didn't really register with me because I thought "nah I'm not religious", but I'm a Christian. The word religion brings to mind a whole lot of ridiculous, repetitive rituals which are followed in the blind hope that something out there is being affected by what you're doing. But really- if they call it religion then what does it matter what I call it?

Cheesethief
May 17th, 2004, 05:25 AM
religion is just little things you do that make only a slight difference, but change you in the eyes of other people if it is consistent. its not noticeable, but like a growing plant, it eventually blossoms.

Keyla
May 17th, 2004, 10:41 AM
My mum's an RE teacher and is often teaching quite low ability kids so instructing them in the details of various rituals would be quite useless as it would have no real impact. What they've tended towards now is the idea of events and ideas, such as the Holocaust, which can be viewed from a religious perspective. They've also started to do term long activities that I suppose one could describe as role plays, such as a group of people being shipwrecked and forming a new society on a remote island. It may sound like kids play but it gets the students to engage in some quite indepth issues where building their appreciation of the world generally and improving their interrelational skills.

Foremole
May 17th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Um... I think you guys are getting a little bit off subject:rolleyes: .
I'd like to add that you can also post unrants, like if something good happened to you today.

Cheesethief
May 17th, 2004, 12:21 PM
well, today i...well nothing good has happened yet really. its school, says it all really. but i dont hate life like matthias. in fact a good thing was that i might go home early. (before 9pm):rolleyes:

Matthias of Redwall
May 17th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Oh, after I hate everything/one that so luckless to get into my path, I need to clean out my mouse hole. Well, I hate that job, anyone care to help?

PiarasJ
May 18th, 2004, 01:23 AM
That roleplay sounds like a great idea, it'd be interesting to see what sort of community people would come up with.

[edit]: I nearly forgot. Unrant: We got chocolate in English today.

Foremole
May 18th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Unrant: School's almost over, and next year I'll be in high school!

Rant: School ends (for me) in two weeks, but all the other schools in the area end this week.

Cale Yin
May 18th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I can beat that, Foremole: Unrant: School ends TOMORROW, and next year I'll be in COLLEGE! BAHAHAHA!!

...No offense... just trying to be a jokester like my BOOOOOOO.

Foremole
May 20th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Oh yeah! Well if I was in public school, I would be out of school today!:D But I'm not so I have to drag through another week.

Unrant: My friends and I are going to the movies tomorrow to celebrate the end of school!

Furrtil
May 20th, 2004, 02:23 PM
We don't get out of school till June 18th!!!! I'll be in school on my birthday! Nooooooo!!!!!

On another note, my math teacher is completely off his rocker and thinks that we Algebra 2 people can figure out the launch angle of a rocket to be fired at a target a variable distance away. He hasn't told us half the things we should know, as none of us have taken physics or anything like that. I had no idea that thrust was (more or less) force! I talked to my dad, and we've gotten a good start, so we know the initial speed of the rocket and the displacement of the rocket after 0.3 seconds. But we don't know how far it is at that point.... and the height will change depending on the angle theta, which affects the height. We've got this horrible equation with millions of sines and cosines, and it's so aggravating that you can't subtract them because one is sin and the other is sin^2. ACK!

So basically we have this giant scary looking equation in terms of d, horizontal distance. Problem is, we want it in terms of theta, since d will be given to us the day of the launch thing. And we can't solve for theta, since it's functions of both sine and cosine. We are utterly and thoroughly stuck. My father graphed our gigantic equation on this fancy shmancy computer program when he was supposed to be paying attention at a video conference, adn his graph (our equation) told us that at most the rocket goes about 30 or 40 m, but our teacher told me today that the rockets will be launching somewhere between 80 and 150 yds.

And to top it all off, my foot just fell asleep. :mad:

PiarasJ
May 20th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Well, you lost me. I reckon that once you can count to ten you've got all the maths you're ever going to need in life. 40m would be getting close to 80yards wouldn't it? Maybe your teacher was bragging. It sounds like a fun assignment apart from all the maths involved, ask your teacher if you can skip the guesswork and just fire the rockets off.

Keyla
May 21st, 2004, 11:24 AM
Projectiles aren't too bad once you get to know them. Remember that all the different motions are linked by one key variable: time. It sounds like stating the obvious if you know how things like displacement and velocity of an object relate to time you can find out quite easily how they relate to the motion of other objects. I hope you're using equations with constant acceleration, otherwise I really feel sorry you have to go through all that calculus.

Anyway, unrant/rant: School is almost over but my exams creep ever closer. All the subjects are going great other than chemistry. I've taken a distinct disliking to the man who invented oxidation numbers as of late. They feel utterly pointless; I'd rather talk about it in terms of electrons.

Cheesethief
May 21st, 2004, 01:16 PM
its not even half term here! but we get 2 1/2 months hols!:D :D :D

Furrtil
May 21st, 2004, 01:40 PM
Yes, we're trying to find the time. Trouble is, time is a giant quadratic formula monster trying to eat everyone that comes in contact.

Since the rocket competititon is between three schools, and there are only seven kids in our particular class who each don't really know what they're doing, we've decided to band together, hoping we'll have a greater chance of doing something right. We really don't feel like beating eachother, so long as we beat the smart kids at the other schools. :D Hmmm.... now to persuade my father to stay home that day so he can help us.... :(

Oh Keyla, I feel for you on exams. For some reason, though, it seems as if we have less finals than we had midterms... but that's a lie. And I know that the math final will just absolutely kill me. 25% of the grade.... blargh. What is the average percent of your grade for your finals?

Keyla
May 21st, 2004, 03:05 PM
50%, they're my AS levels, half of my A-levels, although the maths I complete this year counts as a whole a-level and next year we do the whole of further maths A-level. Besides that I've got my Physics AS and Chemistry AS. My German AS is in winter, though I'm looking better for that than I am for my chemistry at the moment. I'm currently trying to focus in on that, especially organics; it's fun but tedious to learn.

Keyla
June 4th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Double post or no double post, I've got to let out some of my ranting energy. I hate it when people say they hate a group of people, conservatives, republicans, feminists, anti-war protesters, etc. What they start off by hating is the ideology but when we start being loose like that we just start to pigeon-hole people. Maybe it's because we like to feel that "you're with us or against us" and therefore it's easy to deal with people because they're either deserving of hate or they're your comrades in arms. Quite frankly I hate people hating people for what they do or what they've done. It's so distructive. We seem to live in a society where we want to blame everyone else but ourselves and because of this we seem to like to attach good and evil to individual people because it means we can see ourselves on the side of good and not have to accept the truth that we are all fallen/to blame for some things/not all good.
I guess it comes down to fear of guilt, that we want to look down on others for the evil we think they represent rather than looking at ourselves with a critical eye.
What annoys me even more is when Christians want the law to somewhat reflect Biblical principals- quite a reasonable hope, in my opinion- yet are very happy to rant about how much they hate certain people and seem to think it doesn't matter, that what Jesus said about loving everyone, irregardless of how you feel about certain beliefs they have and certain aspects of their behaviour, does not matter as much as gay marriage and other such issues which, while important, can simply becoming soap box points for people to very easily have strong opinions about because they feel very little guilt over that issue themselves.. What makes me hate it even more is that I know I am capable of it myself.

Cheesethief
June 5th, 2004, 05:49 AM
i hate this: a new edition of the lords prayer and other famous quotes from the bible, redone so that they reflect modern times. like this:
"give us this day a fairer wage, oh lord"
"You are giving us our daily bread when we manage to get back our lands or get a fairer wage"
"Our father who is in us here on earth, holy is your name in the hungry who share their bread and their song."
"Even if a full-scale violent confrontation breaks out I will not be afraid, Lord" as psalm 23.
i dont like it.

Keyla
June 5th, 2004, 06:51 AM
While I think straight translations should be central to one's use of the Lord's prayer, paraphrased versions and ones that draw out themes more explicitly can be helpful for meditations and the like. I don't think anyone's suggesting we should rip it out of Matthew's Gospel and replace it with a "funked up" version, rather the book these are taken from, released by the C of E, if I'm thinking of right one, is aiming to provide a new perspective.

Matthias of Redwall
June 5th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Ahhhhh, stupid Final Exam is two days away! Boooooo!

Furrtil
June 7th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Blast it all. *chuckle* Biology final tomorrow. Art report due tomorrow. Math quiz tomorrow. Poetry thing due in two days. Vocab thing due in four days.

Can't concentrate to save my life because the people across the street have severe disabilities when it comes to finding the "off" button on their bass. And so now my brain just can't think about vertices and foci of hyperbolas, no matter how hard I try.

Cheesethief
June 8th, 2004, 11:01 AM
argh. went fishing, had a bite, fine plump trout, pulling it in, line snapped and it went off. had it almost over the boat too. going to recapture it tonight. it got my best fly too.

The Red Badger
June 8th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Fly fishing is usually done on the shore/in waders, but hey, whatever floats your boat (or doesn't). :redsy

PiarasJ
June 8th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I've never been fly fishing before, it looks like it's more skilful than baitfishing or trolling. There are heaps of Australian salmon at our shack so I've been wanting to try it for a while.

I was fishing the summer before last and I hooked the biggest salmon ever and reeled it in to the gunwhale, then got a bit over-excited and grabbed the line with my hand to haul it in. The line cut my palm and the fish came off and I didn't get a notch on our records board. *sigh* :P

Foremole
June 9th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Rant: My dad thinks I'm spending too much time on the computer so before he left for work he turned off the electricity for this part of the house. I guess he never fathomed that I knew where the power box was and would flip the only switch that was turned off back on;) :p :cool:.

Cheesethief
June 11th, 2004, 12:39 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
oh, and why do you hate peter jackson?

Mariel StormRider
September 12th, 2004, 07:44 PM
OMG here's a rant I really need to get out!!! Ok...first, I'm really ticked off at the ff.net admins for removing my Lord of Junior High fic, since it already had 70 reviews on it and it was pushing for a hundred. Second, now that it's reposted, it's under a stupid flame war from these reviewers who say it's a destruction of canon. GRRRR....don't they know that a SPOOF is!?! And actually, I did try to keep as close as possible to the contours of Lotr, and many other of my reviewers have commented on how well it keeps to canon while being a spoof and being funny. Sadly, it seems like once one person started, it's like sharks and blood and just in one day, I got 2 new ones....at least, I'm pretty sure the last one was a flame. It was really vauge.

Jodan
September 12th, 2004, 10:11 PM
My main rant is about the original Star Wars movies and the two prequels, and Lucas' changes to them for the Special Editions and the upcoming DVD collection. A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are fine with the changes (modernizing some of the original special effects is fine, but the extended scenes were unneccessary, but they don't bother me). Return of the Jedi are where the problems are at (even the first released version).

First of all, instead of Endor and the Ewoks (which was really, really lame) it was supposed to be set on Kashykkk, the Wookie planet, which would have been really cool. I can think of some cool scenes where Chewbacca reunites with his family. Second, the original end to the Death Star battle (where Lando doesn't make it out in time) would have also been cool, but then the Millennium Falcon would be destroyed, and that wouldn't be good. And finally, he is changing the end of the movie, where you see the ghostly images of Ben, Yoda, and Anakin, Lucas is replacing the original middle-aged Anakin (Sebastian Shaw, I think is his name) with Hayden Christianson. That just makes me sad, because in the original, you get to see what what Anakin would have looked like if he hadn't followed the Dark Side. But now, he ruined that scene with the worst actor ever in Star Wars being put into the movie he has no business being anywhere near.

And I hope to God the script in Episode 3 is much better than in Episodes 1 and 2. I think it has a lot of potential, as long as Lucas doesn't mess up the story too bad.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
September 13th, 2004, 12:46 AM
My rant as of now is that I have to go to bed in a half and hour, and wake up so I can go to school for another long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, week of bordom and hard work. :mad:

Martin the Warrior
September 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM
First of all, instead of Endor and the Ewoks (which was really, really lame) it was supposed to be set on Kashykkk, the Wookie planet, which would have been really cool. I can think of some cool scenes where Chewbacca reunites with his family.

It was only Kashykkk when Chewie didn't exist. Keeping it Kashykkk after Chewie was brought in wouldn't have worked, as you couldn't portray a secluded, non-technological society when one of their members has been off being first mate of a spaceship.

As for Chewie's family-- Star Wars Holiday Special. Nothing to write home about.

Second, the original end to the Death Star battle (where Lando doesn't make it out in time) would have also been cool, but then the Millennium Falcon would be destroyed, and that wouldn't be good.

Possibly. I could see quite a bit of hate if the only minority member of the cast got killed, though.

And finally, he is changing the end of the movie, where you see the ghostly images of Ben, Yoda, and Anakin, Lucas is replacing the original middle-aged Anakin (Sebastian Shaw, I think is his name) with Hayden Christianson. That just makes me sad, because in the original, you get to see what what Anakin would have looked like if he hadn't followed the Dark Side. But now, he ruined that scene with the worst actor ever in Star Wars being put into the movie he has no business being anywhere near.

I agree on that. I can understand Lucas' point of view, but it just doesn't work. Sebastian Shaw was thrilled to be a part of Star Wars and his smile at the end was endearing. Fatherlike. He fit alongside Alec Guiness-- Hayden's Obi-Wan is Ewan McGregor and he looks out of place with Alec. I also can't reconcile Luke looking off, seeing the ghosts, and smiling at Hayden.

It's not going to ruin the movie-- ROTJ remains the best SW movie of them all ;) -- and I'll still buy the DVDs. But it's an unnecessary change nonetheless.

Furrtil
September 13th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I'm taking an anatomy class and the teacher is officially psycho. One of hte skeletons in our room is real -- we're not supposed to go too near it when wearing a yarn sweater, because the skeleton's hands have a habit of latching on. The skeleton is missing some teeth, so she wants us to bring in some of our own, if we have any. Today we had "survivor day". She played some exotic sounding music from some public television show over and over and over and over. One of hte events was "balancing". So I did it for my team. Figured as long as it wasn't too gross, it would be pretty easy. I"m good at balancing. So she turned to the five of us and said, "You're going to stand on one foot and hold onto the other foot until the period is over." We have block scheduling: a period is about 80 or 90 minutes. This wasn't the beginning of class, though. I think we might have been maybe forty five to fifty minutes through, but I can't be sure. So I stood there. And it felt like my foot was going to come off. But I lasted until the end of the period, adn so did one other girl. We stood on one foot for over half an hour.

The next event, which I wasn't in, was eye rolling. You took a sheep eyeball, and shoved it across the floor using straws, while trying to keep it on a line. I don't think I've ever seen a sheep eyeball quite like that before.

Jodan
September 13th, 2004, 03:20 PM
That's.......interesting........

Anyways I have another rant. Well, here goes:
Tomorrow, September 14, Fable, the super, everlasting RPG in development for 6 years is coming out. I even preordered it at the local EB. But I might not get Fable tomorrow. The EB where I ordered it is only getting thirty copies of the game tomorrow, and it's only for people who have preordered it, as I have. But the catch is that all the people who have preordered the game have to pick a number 1-30, and you have to remain in the store from when you get your number until the copies of it arrive at about 3:00. They said they will call everybody who preordered the game around 1:00, and it's first come, first serve. The only problem is that I have school until 2:35, and I would make it to EB about 20 minutes later or so, and by then it would probably be too late. I thought the point of a pre-order was to have a copy in the store on the day the game is to be released. That irks me.

Ringmaster
September 13th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I hate um... well.... I... guess... well hey I'm in a great mood right now :D

Foremole
September 16th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Hey, just checking in. I've been really busy with school so I haven't had much time on the good old comp.
I'm glad to see this thread's surviving on its own, keep it up.

Ringmaster
September 18th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Smile it's a great day :D :rolleyes: yah right ;)

Lonna Bowstripe
September 18th, 2004, 11:06 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Grrrrr!! I have been sick since Monday, I feel fine so I'm up out of bed but I have a slight fever so I might not be able to go to a very fun school activity!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ringmaster
September 18th, 2004, 11:07 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Grrrrr!! I have been sick since Monday, I feel fine so I'm up out of bed but I have a slight fever so I might not be able to go to a very fun school activity!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Are you talking about the worker meeting? If so we already did it.

Renegade
September 19th, 2004, 08:50 AM
I can't believe that it's my recess break and it's over and i have 3 tests, 1 x 2000 word essay, 1 x 500 word essay, 1 x graded tutorial to do, and my martial arts teacher thinks i'm slacking, but i really pulled my hamstring and i'm exhausted but school starts again tmr!

*pant, pant*

Ok... sigh....

Thanks for reading my rant.

Ringmaster
September 19th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Are you talking about the worker meeting? If so we already did it.
Nevermind Lonna I know what your talking about.

Ringmaster
September 19th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Man, I hate these popup adds I keep seeing on my computer I hate them!!!

Felldoh
September 19th, 2004, 06:52 PM
The get the browser Firefox. I've yet to encounter a pop up while using it.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
September 20th, 2004, 12:37 AM
get the browser Firefox. I've yet to encounter a pop up while using it.
I have yet to encounter a pop up as well, using Firefox.

Foremole
December 19th, 2004, 09:13 PM
This is cool, I came back after three months and two of my threads are still alive. Yes, I'm back for a while, not that anyone missed me. :rolleyes:

Felldoh
December 19th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Hey! Its good to see you! I was wondering where you went. :p

Martin of Redwall II
December 20th, 2004, 12:15 PM
I've had a marvaleous day with my family swimin most of the day...
this is realy nice for me cause i can only spend time with my family 2gether 1 a week.........

Chelki Sureshot
December 20th, 2004, 12:37 PM
I hate ballet (sorry, Furtil)
I hate how my "best" friend is ignoring me because she has decided to go boy crazy.
I hate school
I hate not being able to find things

I have this friend, who is a boy, but we're not going out, and he has like 4 girls flirting with him (me not being any of them) and he doesn't realize it.

My Spanish teacher is a freak. She's from Colombia, so her English is as bad as my Spanish, and she made an appointment for me and mom to go talk to her because she's concerned about my grade. I'm doing much better than 75% of my stupid class.

I hate how some innocent person starts a thread and everybody hates is and says that it's a dumb thread and it should be closed. (see page 1 of this thread) They should keep their stupid mouth shut and not reply at all.

Badrang3
December 20th, 2004, 01:37 PM
I hate student councils that only give money to the sports teams in the school! Hello, council, there's about 70% of the schools population who AREN'T in sports and you are supposed to represent EVERYBODY! Last year during a drama performance, the curtain wouldn't open! We had to manually open it! The lighting board sucks and we could definatley use a new one, but hey, as long as the SPORTS PEOPLE are happy, who cares, right?

I also hate that High School Reunion show on T.V. now. Supposedly they got the whole class back together to "settle long time differences" and they expect people to believe that! If this is the entire class, why are only the people who have serious anger problems there? Where are the computer geeks, the drama people, and everyone who WASN'T a jock? Hmm? Answer me THAT, reality tv!

And I REALLY hate when the cursor jumps around my screen for no reason!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
December 20th, 2004, 01:37 PM
*gives Chelki a flower* I hope you feel better. :)

Furrtil
December 20th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Today... I woke up really early to finish homework, saw an inch of snow. Went outside to go to the bus. There's a fence around my yard and the latch was frozen shut. My dad, standing warm and dry inside, helpfully suggested I try the other one. Didn't work. Helpfully stood there inside as I tried the first one again. He nearly laughed his head off as I jumped the fence while wearing a long skirt (there were jeans underneath) and a heavy backpack.

Trooped down to the bus stop. There was no one there! Thought I had missed the bus, or that I was early. There were no footprints in the snow. Waited for five minutes before trooping back home. Thankfully, Dad had opened the gate so I could get back in, because it's impossible to jump the fence from the outside without being skewered. Found out there was a 90 minute delay. Finished my homework. Set the kitchen timer for 30 minutes, slept on the couch. Set it for 7 more minutes, and the dog took my spot on the couch. Fell asleep next to him anyway - but I was falling off the couch.

Crazy teacher at school thinks that we should all a) be marvellously happy and want to volunteer loads of information about the Holocaust, which is everyone's favorite subject; and b) we can't wear hats even though it's probably negative a bajillion degrees. *groan*

No offense taken for hating ballet, Chelki. ;)

Edit: I'm also not terribly fond of people that use these forums to look up everything I've posted here and IM me all about it, then join the forums under a name very similar to mine and say that I'm their stalker. Not terribly fond. Thats for sure.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
December 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I hate my brother being mean to me all the while. I hate being treated like a little kid. I hate Writer's Block.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
December 20th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Everyone seems so down. I hope everyone feels better. I have a happy rant! On January 2nd I'm getting my driver's permit! Holla!

Martin of Redwall II
December 20th, 2004, 10:55 PM
WAT? lucky....... i still have like 4 or 6 years left........ :(
i'm on the internet from wakin after 9 hours of sleep... i need to rest more nowadays to recover from when i was at school........

Cale Yin
December 21st, 2004, 06:24 PM
I hate working at Papa John's, especially over Christmas Break... the ONLY reason is for money.

I don't like it when sodas go flat because I drink slowly.

I... don't feel like comlpaining right now :p

Wormerwing
February 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Sorry 'bout the dead thread thing, but I just found a pile of stuff under my bed.

I Hate Junk Mail(Spam or otherwise).
Stupid 30 ACT score... SOOOOO many colleges!

Ferahgo the Assassin
February 24th, 2005, 03:55 PM
A 30 on the ACT is nothing to complain about. I know tons of people who'd kill for a 30. Why are you worrying about college already, anyway? :p

Anyway, I hate the fact that I have a huge paper to write tonight on a topic in which I am completely uninterested.

Wormerwing
February 24th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Well, its more the fact that I've got maybe a few pounds of letters from colleges. I like the score, I really do.

Sagrived Switpaw
February 24th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I hate bally places that you can't get pepole to help you like at walmart or the libary wot wot. :mad:
I hate placese that you have to take your hat off when you enter (even if your hair looks like something that had crawled out of the woods and latched on to you'r scalp! (That's a BIG one for me) :mad: :mad: :mad: .wot wot.
*exstreamly sarcastic tone* Pop ups are my favorite then when i have to close them they are nice enouf to freez our frendily computer and erase any junk, like say my history report that is inprogress.
ok thats enough for me wot wot. :)

Wormerwing
February 24th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I hate bally places that you can't get pepole to help you like at walmart or the libary wot wot. :mad:
I hate placese that you have to take your hat off when you enter (even if your hair looks like something that had crawled out of the woods and latched on to you'r scalp! (That's a BIG one for me) :mad: :mad: :mad: .wot wot.
*exstreamly sarcastic tone* Pop ups are my favorite then when i have to close them they are nice enouf to freez our frendily computer and erase any junk, like say my history report that is inprogress.
ok thats enough for me wot wot. :)
No offense, but can you go just a wee bit lighter on the hare thing?

Ferahgo the Assassin
February 24th, 2005, 04:27 PM
*exstreamly sarcastic tone* Pop ups are my favorite

Download Mozilla Firefox: built-in popup blocker. Really, all the cool kids are doing it. Here, I'll even give you a link (http://www.mozilla.org/). ;)

Felldoh
February 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I hate being sick...

I hate the vent next to me that seems to always shoot out cold air... which is so fun when its -30 out.

I hate our furnace for dying when its -30 out. It's done that five times already... and the repair dudes never seem to fix it. Waking up to a house at 40 degrees is a very fun thing. Our wood floors make that worse too. Stupid house that is probably older than my grandma. :mad:

I hate getting a D in a class you're actually trying to do decent in.

I hate it when my computer randomly decides to delete my entire HD... losing about 15 GB of stuff... for the third time.

I hate it when moms decide to go back on deals.
"Oh you owe me $1500 for your car, Dylan."
"WHAT?! You said you'd pay for half of it! (Insert long string of foul language here)"

I hate it when you lend Tales of Symphonia and the Zelda Collector's Edition to someone... they leave them at their church... then they get split up between three people and getting them back sucks because they keep forgetting to bring them.
"So... when do I get my game back?"
"I'll bring it tomorrow."
(This was two months ago. Same responce every day.)

I hate people who keep saying racist remarks, but claim their not racist. If you're gonna yell out certian words whenever you see a person of a different race... but not have enough guts to call yourself a racist. Die. Now. Please.

I hate people who judge music before they even listen to it.
"Portishead is a good band."
"Dude, Portishead sucks!"
"Uhm... you've never heard them."
"I don't need to have heard them to know they suck! Their from England! How good could a band from England be?"
(This is heavily edited, considering the person I was talking to likes to put a swear word after every word it seems.)

I've whined enough... for now.

Hisk
February 24th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I'm WAY worried about University. Most will except at least a 4 in each subject, but the one's that have degree programs I'm interested in (U of T, McGill, UBC) require a 5 in each. Nooo....

Jodan
February 24th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I don't know why, but lately I've been having a longing to be in a deep, spiritual and romantic relationship, one of those "made for each other" relationships, with someone who is a match for me spiritually and who complements me as an individual. I don't know why, but lately I've been thinking of how great that would be, and how much I want something like that. It's hard to explain, and I don't even know why I'm feeling this way. I'm not even out of high school yet. I don't even know what I want to do for a living. I haven't ever even been on a date before, and I've only asked one girl out (and she said no!). I'm only 18 years old, and I'm already wanting to have something most people don't find until at least their mid-20's. I really don't know why I'm feeling this way. I suppose I'm just becoming what they call a "hopeless romantic".

Cinnabarr Rivershell
February 24th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Download Mozilla Firefox: built-in popup blocker. Really, all the cool kids are doing it.
Yup. I have Mozilla Firefox and I'm the coolest kid on the block! :shades:

I'm nervous because I have my first track meet tomorrow and I'm running the 1600 (1 mile). I told all of the Juniors and Seniors that I would run it in like 5 minutes. But I just did the math, and a 5-minute mile is going to be challenging. However, 5:15 is an entirely different story. ;)

Renegade
February 24th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I'm using Firefox too... :D
My martial arts club is organizing a "display" where we invite other clubs, institutions and schools to perform - we're performing too. I've been training for it all week.

Edit: all week and then some. Like 3 months or more...

Lonna Bowstripe
February 24th, 2005, 08:57 PM
However, 5:15 is an entirely different story. ;):eek: I run a mile around 7:45. But still, I'm more of a slow but strong person. You know, slow on the basepaths but crushes the ball out of the park?

Hisk
February 24th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I don't know why, but lately I've been having a longing to be in a deep, spiritual and romantic relationship, one of those "made for each other" relationships, with someone who is a match for me spiritually and who complements me as an individual. I don't know why, but lately I've been thinking of how great that would be, and how much I want something like that. It's hard to explain, and I don't even know why I'm feeling this way. I'm not even out of high school yet. I don't even know what I want to do for a living. I haven't ever even been on a date before, and I've only asked one girl out (and she said no!). I'm only 18 years old, and I'm already wanting to have something most people don't find until at least their mid-20's. I really don't know why I'm feeling this way. I suppose I'm just becoming what they call a "hopeless romantic".
Welcome to the club. :D

Jodan
February 24th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Wish I could say I was glad to join. :D

Cinnabarr Rivershell
February 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I'm nervous because I have my first track meet tomorrow and I'm running the 1600 (1 mile). I told all of the Juniors and Seniors that I would run it in like 5 minutes. But I just did the math, and a 5-minute mile is going to be challenging. However, 5:15 is an entirely different story. ;)

:D I ran a 5:12 mile yesterday! Boo-yah! Who's da bomb? I da bomb! :shades:

Renegade
February 27th, 2005, 02:50 AM
My computer crashed - i get the blue screen o' death everytime i try to boot it. I'm currently running it on Linux KNOPPIX. Which i am really grateful for because i don't have the time to reformat and i need to do my lab report.

PiarasJ
February 27th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I don't understand why people think it's necessary to spend $11 on lunch at Subway when you can get fed at home for free. Then when I ask my sister about this she turned it into an argument and kept giving me reasons why it was important to spend money at every opportunity even when it's better not to. One of her reasons was that most people have to buy their food at home as well, so subway is often simply more convenient. But that's not the point, because I *don't* have to buy food at home, so why would I go out and throw money at a foreign owned franchise when I could make a sandwich with the bread that my parents have so generously provided for me in the bread-box?

And why do I find it so difficult to say to my girlfriend "do you mind if I don't buy subway? It would be irresponsible for me to pay that much money on food." It's pride I tell you. Pride alone.

Why do people think that spending money is the only way to be entertained? Why did I tell my girlfriend that I think valentine's presents are silly on THE NIGHT BEFORE VALENTINES DAY?! It was about 10pm when I told her that on the phone, then I realised what I'd done and had to run to my room and paint her a sickeningly romantic valentines day card which took me about an hour to finish and then the next day she gave me two books and a heart-shaped chocolate wrapped up in red and white tissue paper and I handed her a daggy piece of paper with a drawing on it and now I think I'm going to cry. :(

Renegade
February 28th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Honestly, I think a self made gift says more than a store bought one. Dunno about your girlfriend though...
People spend money because it's a status symbol and some people just have nothing better to do. I can get a footlong subway here for around $7 - $8... it's pretty expensive. My family has never really spent much - although we could well afford to. My dad's a lecturer at a polytechnic (sort of like a community college but with more focus on practical stuff). He brings in, like, $5000+ a month. My mother works too. And yet, it's normal for me to walk around wearing a T-shirt with a hole in it. I've worked before, and i know money does not come easy. Having money does not mean you have to use it.

Rant: I hate grading. I don't think Wushu (Kung Fu) should have any grading of any kind. I believe it does nothing but divide the team. And it won't gurantee anything either. Having a black belt does not ensure a win in a fight. The purpose of a belt is to hold your pants up.
And the president of the club just made this decision without consulting the main comm (people who run the club with him - the vice president, secretary, treasurer, etc). If the main comm had a vote and it went with a yes, I would have no objection, but NO! he didn't even tell the vice-presdent. He made the decision on his own, without telling anyone. *censored* What a *censored* dictator.

Ok... i think i'm done...

Felldoh
February 28th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Honestly, I think a self made gift says more than a store bought one.

I agree. I think its much more personal that way.

Furrtil
February 28th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Having a black belt does not ensure a win in a fight. The purpose of a belt is to hold your pants up.

:lol: Very true, my friend, very true. And many people I know ought to take that into consideration when putting on their clothes - belts are beneficial! 7:30 in the morning is a tad too early in my day to see the definition of "low rise" go to an all new low. Males and females alike. Although I don't wear belts. But my pants don't fall down, do they? No, they don't.

And Piaras, you are very lucky and must have an awesome girlfriend, who would give you presents after you thought they were stupid and probably implied you wouldn't give her any. She's a keeper. ;) Still there's nothing wrong with cards. Of course, people like chocolates because the chocolates make a nice trip through the digestive system and flowers because it's fun staring at them and exercising the ol' olfactory nerves, but cards are still awesome. I used to make cards for people for no apparent reason and hand them out. Stuff like, "Happy Monday!" or "Sorry we missed it, but we wish you a belated happy Sunday!". Cards are fun. :)

PiarasJ
February 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Haha, thanks. I think the belated happy sunday card is a brilliant idea. :p

I didn't buy a sub in the end, because it was only 11 when we went there so I had an excuse. ;)

You're all right about the belts, I think it's silly too. The only good reason for belts that I can think of is that they might make you try harder because you'll always be striving for the next grade. But I'm not sure about that, because knowing that I was going to be graded at the end of the year didn't make me try much harder at school, so I don't know how Kung Fu would be any different. My friend is ultra-competetive, and the only thing that keeps him going apart from his ridiculously over-developed work-ethic is knowing that if he doesn't put his whole heart into his schoolwork then he might get 99% at the end of the year and that would be devastating. So it depends what kind of person you are whether belts will help you or irritate you.

Rant: I had to get a photocopy done yesterday, so I took it in to the print centre, and they charged me $5 for one colour copy. I was spewing. I must sound like $crooge. I think I need to get over it. ;)

Marlfoxes
February 28th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I hate my math teacher she is really really stupid. Everyone corrects her then most kids stay after class to teach her the math. She won't let me read books in class either. :D

Lonna Bowstripe
February 28th, 2005, 04:56 PM
My old math teached did. Now I've gotten in the habit, though... :hon: