PDA

View Full Version : How will you remember Redwall TV?

Martin the Warrior
May 8th, 2004, 07:26 PM
The era, it would seem, has come and gone. While Redwall is still airing is some places, the impact of it is considerably less than it was when it debuted (reruns tend to do that). With no new seasons in the pipeline, it has essentially become "Brian Jacques' Redwall (1999-2003)".

The question becomes: how will you remember the series?

Will it be as simple as fondly? Will it be unfavorably? Will it be as something that opened a new door for you? Will it be as something unique, where you got to talk to the creators behind it (those of you who remember Composer Guy, anyway)? Will it be as a quaint animated series or the greatest ever?

How will you remember the Redwall Television Series?

LordTBT
May 8th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Buying the DVDs. Never had time to watch it.

LadyBeelze
May 8th, 2004, 07:36 PM
How will i renember the series? RWTV holds alot of things that i'll renember. This TV show is what introduced me to Redwall, without it i wouldn't even know it'd exist, i wouldn't be on this forum and i wouldn't have all the nice lpers that i chat to on MSN. Thus it'll be something i think that i'll renember fondly, too. And the music too. Especially the opening theme (which still finds itself into my head without warning) or Rose's song. *sigh* RWTV can't disappear! More more *mumble*

LordTBT
May 8th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by LadyBeelzebumon
How will i renember the series? RWTV holds alot of things that i'll renember. This TV show is what introduced me to Redwall, without it i wouldn't even know it'd exist, i wouldn't be on this forum and i wouldn't have all the nice lpers that i chat to on MSN. Thus it'll be something i think that i'll renember fondly, too. And the music too. Especially the opening theme (which still finds itself into my head without warning) or Rose's song. *sigh* RWTV can't disappear! More more *mumble*

I'm sorry but people hearing of Redwall from TV is just weird to me. It just doesnt sound quite right. That, and you were watching TV instead of reading a book! :rolleyes:

Martin the Warrior
May 8th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Personally, I'm glad so many people were introduced to Redwall via the TV series. It's the best possible result-- that they enjoyed it enough to seek out and read the book itself.

Cheesethief
May 9th, 2004, 06:25 AM
i will remember getting up early on a wet sunday morning and watching the fuzzy screen, the theme tune, and cheesethief getting absolutely obliterated...good days...

rowanoak
May 11th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I will remember Redwall TV for introducing me to the books, the music(of course) and the great storylines(most of the time). Also, I will remember the series for introducing me to a fine group of young actors and actresses that I am going to be interested in watching their carriers; for example, Micheal Seater (Mattimeo) and Allison Pill(Cornflower season 1). I will not be surprised if some of the younger cast members become famous.

Martinmouse
May 11th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I was introduced to Redwall too by the animated TV shows for two years ago, and then was I searching the stores for the book without luck, until I finally found a bookstore who could deliver the first Redwall book home.
I will remember Redwall TV as a great TV show, but not one of the greatest, and it is nice to see something more special than the ususal Disney episodes.

Senav
May 12th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Whee, nostalgia. As we all know (because I have a big fat mouth), I started watching the show because of the rats. Specifically, one-eyed insane rats, and rats who get nailed with big arrows. And the fact that they were upright, weapon using, talking animals! I loved movies like Balto and TLK, sure the animals talked, but beyond that...they were still animals.
So I watched the show, and started drawing upright, pointy-weapon using animals, and reading the books...

And that's where I am today. Reading lots of talking-weapon-using-upright animal books, drawing them, and watching reruns of Redwall on TV.
Thanks a ton, RWTV, you've put me in an "animal-person" rut!

But seriously, it's sad to see the show bite the dust...Such good music, acting, animation...and rats!

Cheesethief
May 13th, 2004, 04:36 AM
senav mentioned me!

Cornflower
May 26th, 2004, 02:08 AM
I will remember it fondly. In fact, the "Mattimeo" Series is what got me to read the books in the first place. I also remember Composer Guy being at the forums, though I forget if I actually asked him anything, though. It's sad to see RWTV go - I really would like to see a "Mossflower" series :(

Nora the Rover
June 1st, 2004, 05:44 PM
I remember seeing the previews on t.v. when I was in seventh grade. I was pretty excited, because I had only just started reading the books a few months earlier. It wasn't as good as I expected it to be, but I've always sort of have a grudging respect for it. I'm sort of nit-picky when it comes to art and animation, but I think the animators did a fairly good job.
The music was what I really liked about it. It actually sounded very well-done, and I thought it was awesome that the composers used alot of authentic instruments. I wish that the soundtrack had been made.

Blurtail
June 14th, 2004, 10:12 AM
I video taped every espisode (So i wouldn't miss it when i went to soccer.)

Felldoh
June 14th, 2004, 12:02 PM
I'll remember it fondly. I think they did a great job at picking the cast, I like the animation style (though the quality is a bit low at times), and though they did change some things, they didn't go completely overboard with it. I've seen better animated series, but I've seen worse, much worse. Too many to name.

Cheesethief
June 14th, 2004, 12:33 PM
hey i like "soccer" (we call it football y'know) too!

Blurtail
June 14th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Do you like the Scotish Claymores inthe NFL Europe League?

Felldoh
June 24th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Mattimeo finished today, and I must say, my opinion of the TV series has went up. I think they did a much better job with Mattimeo than Redwall. I just hope they do as good, if not better, with Martin the Warrior (which starts airing tomorrow!).

granola woodsworth
June 24th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I will remember that TV show fondly. Though I've only ever seen about 3 episodes from the Redwall show and 2 episodes from the Mattimeo show, I still remember being entranced by it. I haven't seen an episode for a long time though, so it's already remembered as being in my past. I started reading the books in grade 5, and I'm going into grade 11. It all goes by so fast...

Firerunner
July 8th, 2004, 09:25 AM
I'm gonna buy the DVD's.Where I am it came on Sunday and I would miss it because of church.I only got a few episodes in. :mad:

Cheesethief
July 9th, 2004, 12:06 PM
er, i suppose the claymores are ok.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 10th, 2004, 01:32 AM
I'll remember Redwall TV for it's cool opening song. And of course BJ's talk's that he gave after every show. I just wish the little quiz question that they gave at the end of every episode was harder. Then again, they are designed for a younger audience to get the answers.

Oh, Cheese, you're gonna love this. At summer school we had a short day today so we could have a school wide Olympic Day. There were such things as the long jump, the 400 meter dash, 100 meter dash, shot-put, field goal kicking, basketball, ping pong, vollyball, three-legged race, etc. Anyways, we got to choose the event we did, and I being a good long distance runner, decided to do the 400 meter dash on the track, which really was nothing for my standards. Anyways, the studnets tried to win these events to get points for thier 3rd period class, which for me happens to be my Advanced Algebra class. And to make things even more interesting, we were given country names to represent in our little Olympic day thing. So, Cheese, I got to represent SCOTLAND!!!! Yes, it's true. And of course, I brought the gold home for Scotland in the 400 meter dash. Yes, yes, I know I'm so good at winning. Well, I thought that you might find that interesting, even though it was way off subject. And on Monday, I'll let you know if Scotland won the whole Olympic Competition as the scores haven't been tallied yet.

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 05:47 AM
cool! im actually quite good at triple jump, 400, 800, 1500, cross country, shotput, javelin, and 200. but we dont do ping pong for pe, or the 3 legged race.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 18th, 2004, 09:29 PM
I asked my third period teacher which countries won the little Olympic thing we did and she said: "Oh, I'm not sure. Sorry."

So I asked her: "Well, who can I ask down in the Administrative office? They';; know after all they were in charge of it."

My teacher: "Well you know (my name) it really doesn't matter about who won, but if you had fun."

Me: "So who can I ask?"

Teacher: "We didn't really keep scores. We just said that to motivate you. All that matters is that you had fun doing it."

My jaw dropped to the floor!!!!!! Stupid Administrative office people. So I don't know who won, but unfortunetly I must say that Scotland probably would not have won because no offense to my classmates, but a lot of them looked athletically challenged. *long and deep sigh* So I guess, I'll never know. Blast them! BLAST THEM!!!!!!! :mad:

Cheesethief
July 19th, 2004, 01:22 PM
heyheyhey! calm it! gooooooflabba. (check out anger management for that little gem. its eskimo. apparently.)
a well, scotland arent up to much in sport...except cycling, curling...

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 20th, 2004, 01:00 AM
I'm really competitive. So not finding out who won, really did make me angry.
As for Anger Management, I agree that was a good movie.

Cheesethief
July 20th, 2004, 06:26 AM
fair enough. im competitive too, but not excessively. if the rugby team is being crushed its time to take out one of their key players.

The Red Badger
July 20th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna remember Redwall for the rugby, too! :rolleyes:

Get on topic or get out of the thread, guys. :cool:

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 20th, 2004, 11:51 PM
*walks off of tread*

Cheesethief
July 21st, 2004, 02:27 PM
hmm, i good memory is cheesethief getting...splatted. have i said that before? i only saw a few episodes.

Barkstripe
March 10th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I know this is late but oh well. i will remember it as teletubies in a war

pita
March 11th, 2005, 02:19 AM
i wasn't impressed. Just the flute at the beginning..... my favorite....
flute..... yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Hisk
March 11th, 2005, 09:10 AM
I remember it was on at 4:00 on channel 18. I'll get the DVDs.....

Sagrived Switpaw
March 11th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I will remember the TV series as a missed opportunity. About 2 years ago I saw two 5 minute parts of the "Mattimeo" episode. I liked it, but hadn't read the books yet. The time to see the shows wasn't convenient for me. I would have found out about "Redwall" sooner if I had had a chance to watch it.

Denjer_the_otter
March 22nd, 2005, 05:33 PM
[COLOR=blue]Hahaha!! Amusing, and very amusing at that. I own season one, planning on buying season two, and am barfing in anticipation of season three! I don't know what I'll do when I run out of seasons, though. That'll be the day... but for now, keep them coming![/SIZE] :D