PDA

View Full Version : Goodest Villain

Rillflag27
May 25th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Ok, I just re-read "Bellmaker" and finished it last night when I figured out there was another good villain other than Romsca! Blaggut! So, I'm gonig to post a poll and you vote who you think is "goodest" and tell why.

Cheesethief
May 25th, 2004, 11:07 AM
it's not goodest rill!

anyway what about grubbage?

Rillflag27
May 25th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
it's not goodest rill!

And why not? I love the word goodest....I don't care if goodest isn't a word. It's *my* word. *huggles goodest*

Keyla
May 25th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Well, I've seen "goodly" used in literature but never yet "goodest".;) Anyway, I'm not sure how much one can really weigh up the two. Blaggut was pretty much always "good", whereas Romsca changed most dramatically, so that while the bosun was clearly "gooder" at the start one might say that everyone's favorite corsiar ferret changed most for the better.

Slagar the Cruel
May 25th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Goodest...? Just a suggestion, Rilf; try to use real words in your topic titles next time. :p

Romsca was a villain who saw the light in the end, Blaggut was a good guy who had fallen in with a bad crowd from the start. I'd say Blaggut was the "more gooder" of the two.

Rillflag27
May 25th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Slagar the Cruel
Goodest...? Just a suggestion, Rilf; try to use real words in your topic titles next time. :p

:p

Cheesethief
May 26th, 2004, 10:03 AM
or try a THESAURUS.;)

Meetevae
May 10th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Do you mean another grey character or just the best 'vermin' species member. Perhaps Blaggut was better than Romsca. I suppose he was more consistent.

Truffen
May 10th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Blaggut, Romsca never openly said she changed while Mr. Blaggut did.;)

Meetevae
May 10th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I think having to be a mediator with the captives and the lizards caused her to click some kind of maternal instinct that the readers hadn't seen previously, so yes, I doubt she had reformed as such.

Folgrimeo
May 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
While Romsca was much more of a gray character than Blaggut (who didn't seem gray at all), Blaggut seemed like a pure goodbeast straight from the start, so I voted for Blaggut.

I'd also nominate Thura from "Salamandastron" (one of the "hurr mucker" stoats), who seemed plain silly and less evil than Dingeye. Well, only less evil because Dingeye cruelly abandoned him.

Warthorn
May 11th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Blaggut easily, I agree Folgrimeo that he was never reall that much of a villian. He is also one of my favourite charactes so thats another he would have won:D
Though I do wish he had stayed at Redwall.

Barkstripe
May 18th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Blaggut. No more needed to be said...