PDA

View Full Version : Next Hero/Heroine

Cheesethief
May 26th, 2004, 10:11 AM
after rak tam, what creature will be the next abbey champion? mouse, hedgehog, or mole? thoughts: here.

Kediassa
May 30th, 2004, 08:24 AM
The thought of having a different hero would be excellent, let's say a hedgehog. I believe there should a lot of different creatures too (like chipmunks, poccupines, skunks, raccoons, sugar gliders, bats, more pine marten, tasmanian devils, opossums, more wild cats, mongoose, beavers, minks and gophers). I believe it would make it interesting if you'd ask me.

LadyBeelze
May 30th, 2004, 08:53 PM
A mouse, they really haven't been a main character for a bit. :(

Kediassa
May 30th, 2004, 09:24 PM
A female mouse, with a female hedgehog sidekick :lol: in a land where different animals roam!

Cornflower
May 31st, 2004, 01:51 AM
Either a mouse or a hamster. Seeing a hamster warrior would really be something :)

Cheek Stag Otter
May 31st, 2004, 06:52 AM
I would like to see a Hare Abbot and a Hedgehog warrior in the next book.

Keyla
May 31st, 2004, 02:04 PM
It certainly would be interesting to see a hedgehog take a more central role, though I can't really imagine him wielding Martin's sword. They don't really seem to hang around Redwall much, except as cellar keepers, with a few exceptions.

Moles would also seem a bit odd to me, though if someone'd had told me a hare was going to be the central hero of a book I would have been doubtful, yet I really liked Tammo when I read "The Long Patrol".

After reading "The Taggerung", I though mice might be making a come back, but alas no. I would like to see one return as the hero for one book, though I hope we never end up with a situation again where the principal role has to be a mouse.

Cheesethief
May 31st, 2004, 04:23 PM
hamsters etc would never fit into the redwall series as a central warrior.

Keyla
June 1st, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yes, I know what you mean. Mokkug was great fun in "Triss", but I wouldn't want to see such exotic creatures becoming just another Redwall staple.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
I've said it before
I'll say it now
And I'll probably say it again in the near future

A MOUSE would be the perfect next champion for Redwall!

LordTBT
June 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM
what is with you people and mice? I'm sick of mice. You know what mice are? Theyre rodents. They serve 2 purposes:
Snake food and cat chow.

Mice are all over the darn books. Almost all the last Abbots and Abbesses(Except Tansy) have been mice. I can name another mouse who has been in every single book: Martin the Warrior

Loamhedge: Sarobando is a warrior MOUSE
March 2004: Tribes of Redwall MICE
Triss: WARRIOR MOUSE

I want to slap every last one of you.

A mouse, they really haven't been a main character for a bit

What the heck was Triss? You need to be slapped.

When's the last time we saw a formidable mole huh? Last I can only think of 2 big mole characters: Dinny, and Eggburt(sp?).
THATS IT.

We need more moles, it is very obvious they have been totally lacking in the series lately.

Kediassa
June 1st, 2004, 07:32 PM
TBT, you put up a strong fight.

And that is true, moles need to come into action. Mice have been well known throughout many of the Redwall books, other creatures live and dwell in Mossflower, therefor there should be more than just mice holding the power of Abbess or "warrior of Redwall" .

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 1st, 2004, 09:28 PM
Sorry TBT to inform you of your errors, but Sarobando was not a mouse, she was a squirrel. Triss was not a mouse, but a squirrel. Oh, and your also incorrect about Martin the Warrior being in every single book. He wasn't in Lord Broktree. Don't worry though I have no impulse to slap you.

LordTBT
June 1st, 2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Cinnabarr Rivershell
Sorry TBT to inform you of your errors, but Sarobando was not a mouse, she was a squirrel. Triss was not a mouse, but a squirrel. Oh, and your also incorrect about Martin the Warrior being in every single book. He wasn't in Lord Broktree. Don't worry though I have no impulse to slap you.

ack. i swear they were mice. well you win, for now. but im still sick of the buggers.

Cheesethief
June 2nd, 2004, 09:07 AM
someone get a scribe and wash that guys mouth out with soap!

egburt and mokug

tbt, you made such a bad mistake with that whole "mice have been leads recently" thing. reread triss and loamhedge.

LordTBT
June 2nd, 2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
someone get a scribe and wash that guys mouth out with soap!

egburt and mokug

tbt, you made such a bad mistake with that whole "mice have been leads recently" thing. reread triss and loamhedge.

I never said they've been leads, I admitted that I was wrong about Triss and Saro, but there's still been mice all over the books. Moles have been lacking, that is a fact.

Cheesethief
June 3rd, 2004, 04:18 AM
actually, maybe its time to protest about squirrels. triss, rak tam, sarobando, doogie ploom, jukka sling, russa nodrey, etc.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 3rd, 2004, 02:53 PM
Thank you Cheesethief! Down with squirrels! Up with mice!

Cheesethief
June 4th, 2004, 04:59 AM
kiiil. kiiiiiiiiiiiiil!
i reckon a shrew should take up the sword.

Sandstripe the Wild
June 4th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Personally I would like to see a hare weild the Martin Sword, if not another mouse. As much as I like squirrels they've seemed to have taken over the role of Abbey Warrior, it might be nice to see a hedgehog or mole with a larger role such as abbot or warrior. Could be cool to see another female warrior similar to Mariel, or another female badgerlord.

Grath
June 4th, 2004, 08:45 PM
I think a hamster would make a great abbey warrior even though we have seen only one throughout the entire series, it's still worth a try though for Brian to think about doing it.

Another badgerlady would be cool to see, make her more dangerous than Cregga or something.

If a mole became a warrior though, it would drive me nuts trying to understand him through most of the story and half the time they make no sense in what they are saying.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 5th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Moles are really short and small. If they ever were to go into battle couldn't any vermin just kick them with thier feet and that would send a mole flying. Just a thought. Oh and Grath, I agree with you about the whole mole dialect. Its okay to read every once in a while, but for the whole book! I think not. Plus would any vermin take a mole seroiusly. Example.

"Put ye sword down mole or I'll slit ye gizzard!"

"Oi'm gurt tierd o' hearin' yor inzultz sir, boy hurr!"

"I can't unnerstan that mole Bilscut. Can ye? Well, ifin I can't unnerstan him then there's no use for him! Kill him!"

I don't think most vermin would be able to understand moles very much.

Cheesethief
June 5th, 2004, 05:34 AM
hi grath, nice t see y back!
maybe another educated mole could be a recorder or something.

Grath
June 5th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks Cheesethief, yeah I'm actually on vactation and the first few days I tried to get on this sight and it would not let me on. Plus I only post when something interesting I could talk about comes up.

Any way back on the subject. A mole as a recorder would not be bad since they probably write like any other critter and reading it would probably be normal.
An otter as a recorder would be cool too and he or she could be skipper. wait can female otters be skippers?

LordTBT
June 5th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Grath
Thanks Cheesethief, yeah I'm actually on vactation and the first few days I tried to get on this sight and it would not let me on. Plus I only post when something interesting I could talk about comes up.

Any way back on the subject. A mole as a recorder would not be bad since they probably write like any other critter and reading it would probably be normal.
An otter as a recorder would be cool too and he or she could be skipper. wait can female otters be skippers?

yes i recall a female skipper. or lead otter at least.

Cheesethief
June 5th, 2004, 02:14 PM
yeh, queen something of the...NORT. whatever happened to her, and the flitchaye?

LordTBT
June 5th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
yeh, queen something of the...NORT. whatever happened to her, and the flitchaye?

the flitchaye are always there. We just don't see their territory every book.

Whatever happened to Brockhall is my question. Wait wasnt it mentioned in a book other than Mossflower? which one was that i want to go back and read it for accuracy now.

Cheesethief
June 5th, 2004, 02:26 PM
that would be TRISS.
did anyone notice orlandos wife was called brockrose?