PDA

View Full Version : If you could be any type of evil creature in redwall, what would you be?

Delhome
June 8th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Vote for what kind of evil critter you would be.

Blurtail
June 8th, 2004, 10:24 AM
I voted for Wearet cause their cute.

Sandstripe the Wild
June 8th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, that's a hard one. I'd say between a fox and a ferret. Both make excellent villians.

Cheesethief
June 8th, 2004, 02:18 PM
stoats! theyre big and tough.

Delhome
June 8th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I agree with Blurtail.

Cheesethief
June 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM
cute? theyre the mostabsolutelyflippinviciousdevilsinthewholebloomi nseries! try sayin that in one breath!

Delhome
June 8th, 2004, 03:56 PM
and thats supposed to mean what?

Goddess of Darkness
June 8th, 2004, 05:51 PM
some of us already are one of these creatures...GO RATS!!!

LordTBT
June 8th, 2004, 10:07 PM
pine marten...theyre underrepresented. there were only 2...Ashleg and Mad Eyes

Cheesethief
June 9th, 2004, 05:17 AM
polecats..are they a different species or a nickname. because theyre mentioned.
and i predict we will see a pine marten quite soon.;)

Foremole
June 9th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Wolverine sound's pretty good, or maybe an Adder, don't like math though :p *insert cheesy laughter*. I don't know, something hard to kill.

Rillflag27
June 9th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Go fox!! Slagar rocks!! (In the book, the LP Slagar is like a baby fox ;) )

Delhome
June 10th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
polecats..are they a different species or a nickname. because theyre mentioned.
and i predict we will see a pine marten quite soon.;)

Ok, the first Pine Marten was in Mossflower (Ashleg) Ublez Madeye was a pine martin, and there is a Polecat (shunk) in Mattimeo.

Slagar the Cruel
June 10th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Where the heck are weasels?! You put wearets, toads... and shadows (?) up there, but no weasels? *sigh*

Originally posted by Rillflag27
Go fox!! Slagar rocks!! (In the book, the LP Slagar is like a baby fox ;) ) ...what?

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 10th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I voted for the wolverene* cause it seems like the most powerful! HAAHAHAHAAA!!! *coughs* excuse me.
Now I haven't seen a wolverene* in the books yet, but from what I'm thinking, I think wolverenes* could be good guys too even though BJ is making his bad.

EX. Tsarmina was bad, but Gingervere was good.

So Gulu can be bad, but I'd be good

HHHHmmmm. This makes me think about the whole grey, white and black character issue. If the "baddies" are bad, and the "goodies" are good then how come Tsarmina, Verduga, and Ungatt were all bad, when we had three other wildcats who were good: Gingervere in Mossflower and his wife, and another Gingervere in Redwall. "I am puzzled Watson, extreamely puzzled."
:confused:

Kediassa
June 10th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I picked Wolverine, because the wolverine is big and tuff, and even the badgers step back when they see them. ;3

Felldoh
June 11th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Gotta be a ferret, 'cause ferrets rock.

Cheesethief
June 11th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I voted for the wolverene* cause it seems like the most powerful! HAAHAHAHAAA!!! *coughs* excuse me.
Now I haven't seen a wolverene* in the books yet, but from what I'm thinking, I think wolverenes* could be good guys too even though BJ is making his bad.

EX. Tsarmina was bad, but Gingervere was good.

So Gulu can be bad, but I'd be good

HHHHmmmm. This makes me think about the whole grey, white and black character issue. If the "baddies" are bad, and the "goodies" are good then how come Tsarmina, Verduga, and Ungatt were all bad, when we had three other wildcats who were good: Gingervere in Mossflower and his wife, and another Gingervere in Redwall. "I am puzzled Watson, extreamely puzzled."
yes, but the owls eat mice. so theyre bad too.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 11th, 2004, 07:40 PM
That doesn't answer my question Cheese.

And I remember a few owls in past books who were good.

Cheesethief
June 12th, 2004, 03:03 AM
they eat mice etc. bad in my book. even if owls help they still kill mice.
and gingivere, julian, and gings wife, were never bad were they?

Felldoh
June 12th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I love it... though he said he wouldn't, Brian did make some "grey" area characters. But Cheesethief, if you consider Owls bad 'cause they eat mice, you should consider Badgers the same. I almoast died laughing when at one of the ending... things for TV Mattimeo, they were showing a North American Badger and the person showing it was all "They eat mice and..."

P.S: Clean out your PMs Cheesethief. I can't send you anything when their too full.

Cheesethief
June 13th, 2004, 10:33 AM
european badgers eating mice? nope!
oh, and i have cleanes out my pms now. if i get my hands on rillflag...;)

Aleisou Swiftpounce
July 30th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I chose a pine marten... they're just too CUTE! I'm so disappointed that they'res only been two in the books - I mean, they're rare in Britain but so what?
However, both have had fairly high positions, haven't they, so I can't complain about that. I wonder if there'll be any in Rakkety Tam, seeing as in real life quite a lot of them live in the north, where Gulo is supposed to come from...
I don't know.

Cheesethief
July 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM
possibly. yeah, good point. maybe a new asleg? he was great. i might write a fanfic about him...

Grath
July 30th, 2004, 11:41 PM
I'd be a fox, because they are so cool and cunning but sometimes they can be clumsey. Meh.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 19th, 2004, 11:50 PM
I said a stoat, but I would rather be a raven, or a bird of prey. A stellers sea eagle, me thinks, yes I'd like to be the largest of all eagles.Then I could prey upon earth crawlers. Even badgers. And other birds. And fish.
*evil chuckle*

Lonna Bowstripe
August 20th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Even Badgers.

Hey, watch it.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 01:56 PM
:lol: Alright, I won't eat you, how's that sound? ;)

Bereden the Intrepid
August 20th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I would be a wolverine. See Statement below to find out why.

"Picture a weasel -- and most of us can do that, for we have met that little demon of destruction, that small atom of insensate courage, that symbol of slaughter, sleeplessness, and tireless, incredible activity -- picture that scrap of demoniac fury, multiply that mite some fifty times, and you have the likeness of a Wolverine."
-Ernest Thompson Seton, 1909-

Ferahgo the Assassin
August 20th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Why oh why is weasel not an option? I love weasels. Ferahgo was the coolest villian ever. :D Buuut ... I love foxes and pine martens too. In fact, I love all members of the weasel family. Too bad most of them have to be evil in the books.

I also love wolverines, and I can't wait to see how the first one in the series plays out in the next book!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 20th, 2004, 04:54 PM
If you love all animals in the weasel family then do you love otters? They are very closely related to the weasel family you know.

Bereden the Intrepid
August 20th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Yes, I also love otters.

Jodan
August 20th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I think that Gingivere in Redwall was a descendant of the one from Mossflower.

Ferahgo the Assassin
August 20th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Indeed, I love otters very much (they are my favorite woodland creature along with badgers)! Of I was aware that they are a member of the mustelidae family. Stoats, weasels, ferrets, martens, fishers, otters, badgers, wolverines, ermines, etc. etc. ... all mustelids! :D

LadyBeelze
August 20th, 2004, 09:16 PM
A fox. Simply cauz they're beautiful.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 03:35 PM
I think that Gingivere in Redwall was a descendant of the one from Mossflower. well, yeah.

and it is mustelidae, not the weasel family. sorry to be picky.

Barrag Barr
September 5th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Fox!It has to be a fox,but have you noticed that Slager was the only fopx that was cunning :p Er..exept the Marlfoxes write at the end!!!!!

Barkstripe
March 11th, 2005, 06:01 PM
What is a pine marten.

blankey_boy
March 11th, 2005, 06:11 PM
foxes are witty andsmartand cnning

blankey_boy
March 11th, 2005, 06:19 PM
What is a pine marten.
ublaz madeyes is a pine marten, sth like a ferret or a weasel

Bladeswift
March 11th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Since you didn't include wildcats, I voted wolverine, though I was tempted to put adder, as snakes and cats are my favorite animals.

Badrang3
March 11th, 2005, 09:20 PM
What? No one has voted for toads? Inconcievable! :lol:

I probably would either go for a stoat, adder, or toad. (toads are cool, no matter what anyone says)

Barkstripe
March 12th, 2005, 06:20 AM
ublaz madeyes is a pine marten, sth like a ferret or a weasel
why don't they just call them a ferret. what is the difference

Senav
March 12th, 2005, 09:12 AM
There is a difference. What he meant is that martens are a member of the weasel family, along with ferrets. Pine martens have the long weasel body, a fairly long bushy tail, and pointy face and ears. They're brown, or dark brown, with a creamy throat patch. Very pretty animals, they climb just like squirrels.

Lookit, I found a pine marten. (http://donsmaps.com/clickphotos/pinemarten.jpg)

Cheesethief
March 12th, 2005, 11:02 AM
why don't they just call them a ferret. Because if you know what these animals are, it's interesting. In fact, it's interesting to have a different creature anytime. They have different strengths and weaknesses.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
March 12th, 2005, 11:42 AM
The question "why not call it this if it's similar" always irks me (not trying to get at you, barky, just showing my opinion). Why not call a wolf a German Shepherd, seeing as they look similar?
Just imagine the chaos that would create! Some people would never want to stroke a dog again. :p

So. What is the difference between ferret and pine marten?
- Pine martens are larger than ferrets.
- Pine martens have brown fur; ferrets have grey-brown or white.
-Pine martens have this great floofy tails; ferrets have furry but not bushy tails.
-Pine martens have large, pointed, furry ears; ferrets have short, rounded, bald ears.
-Pine martens live in trees, but ferrets are domesticated.

There's plenty of differences. But they do look alike.
See: Pine marten (http://www.dees.dri.edu/Projects/cablk_marten2.htm)
And: Ferret (http://radio.weblogs.com/0100148/2002/09/27.html)

Of course, both are absolutely gorgeous!

Hisk
March 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Since WEASEL wasn't an option, I put stoat.

Sea Bogle
March 14th, 2005, 06:01 PM
No weasels?
I guess I'll choose stoat, since they're so similar to the weasel.

Wormerwing
March 14th, 2005, 06:46 PM
No sparrows? An OUTRAGE!!

Bladeswift
March 14th, 2005, 06:47 PM
No sparrows? An OUTRAGE!!
I don't consider sparrows to be an evil species in Redwall.

Wormerwing
March 14th, 2005, 07:29 PM
There's Bull, and uh, uh, Bull, an-okay, I just like Sparrows :(

Cornflower
March 14th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I voted for Fox, but if the option of Wildcat was on the list I'd have voted for that.

Ringmaster
March 15th, 2005, 09:13 PM
I voted Shadow(?) on a guess you meant any unknown animal good at sneaking and spying

Basils #1 fan
March 23rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
I voted for a ferret because they are my favorite animals.

chupacabra
November 18th, 2005, 10:51 PM
There are alot worser thing than being an evil creature. that's being a redwaller or long patrol hare among other things. BeI rather be who I am

RockJaw_Grang
November 18th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Hi and welcome but please don't bring back old threads :p
Just make new ones if they are over A couple months old ( I think 5 Or something)
Thanks.

Josiah the Warrior
November 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM
No Wildcats or weasels....so I voted fox.

Fenglaz the Cannibal
December 10th, 2005, 04:03 PM
A BEAR! Or a wolf! Both would probably sound the death toll for our little friends. Of course, maybe a hawk.

Folgrimeo
December 10th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Fox, naturally. Uh, it's a coincedence that I have another fox as my avatar. Oh, and Ruggan Bor was a fox too, so that's more reason.

otterboy
December 13th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Ferret all the way. I'm always either a ferret or a otter:)