PDA

View Full Version : In a fight who do you think would win? Plugg Firetail or Slager the Cruel?

Blurtail
June 10th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Me money's on plugg, but I wanna hear what yall think. (and yes, Vilu, I do know that i have the same thread on O:S)

Furrtil
June 10th, 2004, 02:13 PM
You think a fox with no nose or tail could stand a second against the all-powerful might of Slagar the Cruel, who singlehandedly caused the destruction of an entire subterranean civilization? You jest.

Huh. But Slagar's face is covered with a mask, he might not have a full nose either. And a tail would just get in the way during a fight. And he did die by falling in a well, of all things.

But if Slagar's already dead, then Plugg can't land a single blow on 'im! Er.... Me votes for da fossker Slagar.

Blurtail
June 10th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Malord Plugg did have a nose, your thinkin about Chopsnout from The Legend of Luke.

Furrtil
June 10th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Erm.... oops. My bad. Sorry bout that, disregard that post.

I HAVE NO BLINKIN' IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

That has been the story of my whole entire week. Eep.

Blurtail
June 10th, 2004, 02:31 PM
no prob. Its just that Plugg is my favorite male character from the books.

Grath
June 10th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Slagar the cruel mostly because he carried that one weapon called a bola I believe (if I got the name wrong please correct me) he could throw it long distances and kill, Plugg firetail would not have a chance.

Blurtail
June 10th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Aye, but if the bolas did not kill malord Plugg on the first shot, Slagar would have no chance, and as soo nas he got in range of the axe, he would be threw.

Slagar the Cruel
June 10th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I have no idea who "Slager the Cruel" is, but he sounds enough like Slagar to get me to vote for him.

In all seriousness, Slagar - in addition to being deadly and extremely accurate with his weapon - has a huge advantage over Plugg in the brains department. Slagar would probably find a way to strike Plugg when he's least prepared for it.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 10th, 2004, 07:19 PM
To be honest, I never thought Slagar was ever that good of an enemy. When I read Mattimeo I was not impressed with Slagar in the least. Now it was cool and all that he was really Chickenhound, and he had survived and all, but he just wasn't bad guy material. I read the books in publication order so after seeing Cluny and Tsarmina, Slagar looked like fish bait. What is it that Slagar did that made him such a "bad guy?" All he did was kidnapp some little kids. OOOOOoooOOOOO! Boy, is he a great bad guy. For kidnapping some little, defencless children to sell into slavery for the rest of thier lives, takes gutts man! Yeah right!

As for the battle between Plugg and Slagar I would have to say that Slagar would win. Plugg would probably fall down or trip and then Slagar could kill him, that is of course, if Plugg hasn't already snapped his neck when he fell.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 10th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I have a question. Why is this thread in The Patroller-General Discussion area? Shouldn't it be in the Bookshelf area?

Cheesethief
June 11th, 2004, 12:29 PM
it is in the bookshelf. and dont double post.:mad:
or :redsy will get you.
slagar would win.

Blurtail
June 11th, 2004, 05:33 PM
#1 Slagar ain't that strong
#2 If the Bolas didn't kill Matthais, they wouldn't kill Plugg
#3 Plugg is much more ruthless than Slagar
#4 Slagar is a coward (In both Redwall and Mattimeo)
#5 Slagar is clumsey. I mean, how can you fall into a well of all things.
#6 Slagar is dumb enough to think that he was strong enough to be a REAL leader.
1+2+3+4+5+6= A victory for Plugg

Chelki Sureshot
June 11th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Slagar would win. Plugg just seems stupid to me. Kind of Nancy boy sounding, except without the good looks.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM
My mistake for posting twice Cheese. My 'back' button on my mouse must have gotten messed up.:o

Sandstripe the Wild
June 11th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I think Plugg would win. Slagar wasn't really a fighter to begin with, and as for intelligence...

He had his chance in the beginning to kill everyone or at least enslave them when he drugged them instead he took the children and let them live, how smart is that? Also he died for stupid, if he hadn't killed Vitch he probably could have gotten away instead of falling down a well and getting himself killed.

Cheesethief
June 12th, 2004, 03:05 AM
revenge is a dish sweeter served cold. (at least i think thats right...)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 12th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief

revenge is a dish sweeter served cold.

Its: Revenge is a dish, best served cold.

Senav
June 12th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Slagar would win. No contest. Slagar just seemed much more ruthless and dangerous. Plugg was cool, there's no doubt about that, but he didn't really seem like the brightest crayon in the box.

Bragoon
June 13th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Slagar would have kicked Plugg's behind, no question. While Plugg was a villian that couldn't tell the difference between a acorn and apple, Slagar tricked all of the redwallers, including their champion(Matthias). Slagar was a lot more cunning that Firetail could have ever hoped to be.

Cheesethief
June 13th, 2004, 10:54 AM
plugg was stupid, or he would have done a slagar on the ship, which is killing kurda, but making the solders think she lives, therefore keeping them at his mercy, and using them as bait for zassallis (sp?) and co.

Jandura
June 14th, 2004, 12:25 PM
I think slagar would win

#2 If the Bolas didn't kill Matthais, they wouldn't kill Plugg
he did not use his bolas on matthias, if i remember correctly.

Cheesethief
June 14th, 2004, 12:44 PM
he did, but not a proper throw, just a smack.