PDA

View Full Version : Songs that fit the Redwall series

Felldoh
June 12th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I'm sure I haven't been the only person who thought a particular song fit a certian book, scene, or character. So what would yours be? It can be a whole song or even one line. Here are some of mine:

Felldoh (Well of course I was gonna list him first):

"Thoughtless" - Korn

"Thumbing through the pages of my fantasies
Pushing all the mercy down, down, down.
I wanna see you try to take a swing at me
C'mon gonna put you on the ground, ground, ground

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the *censored* you think it's doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me
I want you crying with your dirty *censored* in front of me.

All of my hate cannot be found
I will not be drowned by your thoughtless scheming.
So, you can try to tear me down
Beat me to the ground
I will see you screaming"

Yeah, I think that fits him and his hatred toward Badrang and Marshank pretty well.

"Away from me" - Evanescence

Only for the lines:

"I hide behind a smile as this perfect plan unfolds"
and
"I look into myself, but my own heart has been changed
I can't go on like this
I loathe all I've become"

The first line - How he was a night or so before his solo attack on Marshank.

The second line - When he was talking to Brome and said he envied him for not being consumed with hate.

Yes, I'm a nerd. So sue me.

I think the song "Standing" by VNV Nation would be fitting for the endings for most of the books, and "Beloved" by VNV Nation would fit Mariel of Redwall, Martin the Warrior, and a good number of character's deaths.

Rose's death:
"Hello" - Evanescence

Namely for the line "Has no one told you sheīs not breathing?" and the piano melody.

I had more, but my mind is currently blank. Sorry if a topic simular to this has been done before.

Orlando The Axe
June 12th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Hmmm...

Orlando

If you've ever heard of it...

Other World by Nobou from FFX

It would rock.

Blurtail
June 12th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Matthais Fightin' Cluny = Up to me, Seven Nations (http://www.sevennations.com) (Listen to the flash intro)

The Season feast in the the Beginging of The Legend of Luke = Donkey & Puss's verson of Livin' Lavida Loca (Shrek2 the best movie ever)

Orlando The Axe
June 12th, 2004, 01:05 PM
wow.

WOW.

I just heard, and watched that movie not 3 or 4 hours ago!

Blurtail
June 12th, 2004, 01:07 PM
great ain't it?

Orlando The Axe
June 12th, 2004, 01:12 PM
It was cool.

Blurtail
June 12th, 2004, 01:16 PM
yea

Goddess of Darkness
June 12th, 2004, 03:35 PM
YAY! An Evanescence fan! My signature is from "Understanding". Heard that song?

For my Redwall alter-ego, a lot of Evanescence songs (too many to list, though "Farther Away" and "Lies" would probably be the best), but mainly "Freak on a Leash" by Korn, not for the lyrics, but for the sound, especially that one guitar bit near the end. "Got the Life" (also by Korn) would be good, too. A few Staind songs would work as well.

Cheesethief
June 13th, 2004, 10:40 AM
well, when ungatt trunns armies do their magic, i think "we will rock you" by queen would suit, whereas when sunflash comes to the mountain badgerbadgerbadger would be good, and at redwall.org it should have the badgerbadgerbadger footy toon, www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/35 (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/35).

Cheesethief
June 13th, 2004, 01:02 PM
oooh! another one. in clunys dreams and possibly the triss and kurda chase, franz ferdinand.

"Find me and follow me through corridors, refectories and files
You must follow, leave this academic factory
You will find me in the matinee
The dark of the matinee
It's better in the matinee
The dark of the matinee is mine
Yes it's mine"

Felldoh
June 14th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Heck yeah Goddess of Darkness, Evanescence rocks! I think I heard Understanding... but I'm not too sure.

I think "Where Will You Go" by Evanescence fits how Martin haunts Cluny in his dreams "You can't escape"

(The Bellmaker spoilers)
"Adrift And At Peace" by Nine Inch Nails fits Finbarr Galedeep's death pretty well me thinks.

Cheesethief
June 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM
rasmus- "in the shadows" for martin when hes a slave.

No sleep
No sleep untill I am done with finding the answer
Wont stop
Wont stop before I find a cure for this cancer
Sometimes
I feel I going down and so disconnected
Somehow
I know that I am haunted to be wanted

I been watching
I been waiting
In the shadows all my time
I been searching
I been living
For tomorrows all my life

In the shadows

In the shadows

They say
That i must learn to kill before i can feel safe
But I
I rather kill myself then turn into their slave
Sometimes
I feel that I should go and play with the thunder
Somehow
I just don't wanna stay and wait for a wonder

I been watching
I been waiting
I been searching
I been living

Lately I been walking walking in circles, watching waiting for something
Feel me touch me feel me, come take me higher

I been watching
I been waiting
I been searching
I been living
I been watching
I been waiting
I been searching
I been living for tomorrows

In the shadows

In the shadows
I been waiting
ath.

Norwick Down
June 14th, 2004, 06:23 PM
i think that all of rage against the machine's songs echo what the villians trying to tear down redwall are thinking.

Rillflag27
June 14th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Even "Wake Up"? I love that song, probably one of the only really heavy songs I like. I usually don't like any worse.

Interesting topic, never considered this before. I'll think of some stuff...

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Another I thought of.

"Here I Go Again" - Whitesnake (I think it fits Russa pretty well)

Mariel StormRider
June 17th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
well, when ungatt trunns armies do their magic, i think "we will rock you" by queen would suit, whereas when sunflash comes to the mountain badgerbadgerbadger would be good, and at redwall.org it should have the badgerbadgerbadger footy toon, www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/35 (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/35).

This is off subject, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BADGERBADGERBADGER SONGS!!! Seriously, everyone it school sings it durring class and I play it all the time. I was listening to it with a fellow Redwall-loving friend and we both came up with the idea that we should write a spoof where it's a workout for badger lords dealing with bloodwrath. ;) Then when the snake came on, we were like "ahhhh!!! It's amodeus"....yeah, we're both wierd and really into Redwall:hon:

Anyways, for songs, I think "The Dance" is really good for Martin and Rose, from Martin's POV after Rose dies.

//Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared Ďneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How was I to know that youíd ever
Say good-bye

And now Iím glad I didnít know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But Iíd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasnít I a king
If Iíd known how the king would fall
Well then whoís to say I might have changed it all

Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But Iíd of had to miss the dance//

For Grath and Inbar, who I feel are an "ignored" Redwall couple, I'd go with "Hopelessly, Helplessly, Recklessly" (from Grath's POV)

//I can stand with the weight of the world
On my shoulders
I can fight with the toughest of the tough
I can laugh in the face
Of all my insecurities
Anytime, anywhere, anything
Iím strong enough

But when youíre holding me like this
Iím carelessly lost in your touch
Iím completely defenseless
Baby, itís almost too much
Iím helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly
Falling in love

So let consequence do what it will to us
I donít care
Let the stars stand as witness to it all
Say the word and tonight I will follow you anywhere
I just canít pretend anymore
Iím too sturdy to fall

But when youíre holding me like this
Falling in love

I am not afraid
I am not afraid

ícause when youíre holding me like this
Falling...
(helplessly, hopelessly, recklessly falling)
Falling in love //

Sorry for the long post, but I love this subject!!!

Felldoh
June 17th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Hey, the longer the better! But mark your spoilers, the first one is a huge spoiler. Both of those songs fit well, all of the songs on this thread fit well. :D

"4 U" - Korn (Veil)

Goddess of Darkness
July 8th, 2004, 03:39 AM
You like badgerbadgerbadger.com? Have you seen "Special Edition"? If you like LOTR, you'll probably like it...HERECOMEHERECOMEHERECOMETHEBADGERS!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 8th, 2004, 07:23 PM
You know that song called Head Strong or something like that.

It goes like this. Head Strong, I'll take on anyone.

Well whaever, it sounds good and I think it would most definetly fit for Martin the Warrior, in any of the books that he is in. If I may correct myself. Any of the books that he is tangible in.

Cheesethief
July 9th, 2004, 12:22 PM
if you like the badgerbadger stuff, try www.angryalien.com!

Lord Servone
July 9th, 2004, 12:52 PM
How'd bout Killer Queen by Queen for Tsarmina's theme? She's a killer QueEEen, dynamite with a laser beam...guranteed to blow your mind (anytime!). Okay...maybe not. I quit.

Mariel StormRider
July 11th, 2004, 03:38 PM
hehehe..."Get off my Back" would definatly be good for any slave rebellion, such as when Martin jumped at Hisk for whiping Felldoh's father in Martin the Warrior...or when Mattimeo and gang attacked the rat slavers in Mattimeo

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 11th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Ah, Meriel, your post just gave away Mattimeo for me. I'm almost at the end of the book and now I know that Mattimeo and Co. attack the slave drivers Thanks a lot.

If you know me by now then you know that I'm just joking. So don't worry Mariel you didn't give away anything for me, but you might have given something away for someone else. Now I'm not getting angry with you or anything, I'm simply trying to educate you on the usage of spoilers and how they can be used so easily for the consideration of others. Thank you.

*prays that Martin will not say anything about spoilers*

Rillflag27
July 11th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Maybe you didn't have to go through that whole speech. Maybe you could have just said "Careful with spoilers Mariel". We're not that stupid, and if you're going to make a topic about songs that fit parts of the book, expect spoilers. Sorry if that sounded mean or offended you in anyway, I'm just in a bad mood.

The Red Badger
July 11th, 2004, 11:53 PM
An Oreo will turn that frown upside down, loyal vassal o' mine! :redsy

*prays that Martin will not say anything about spoilers*

*ahem* Then I shall. :cool:

Seriously, bringing that claim up with what seems like every little thing is tiring and was exactly why Martin clarified the spoiler policy. If you go after everything, then you get written off as a fanatic. Pick your battles. Mariel was so vague she wouldn't have spoiled anything for anyone thinking rationally. And YOU'RE the one who put her statement in the context of the end of the book. :p

Besides, what about YOUR post?

"fit for Martin the Warrior, in any of the books that he is in. If I may correct myself. Any of the books that he is tangible in."

:eek: Oh no! You spoiled for me that Martin shows up when he's NOT tangible! Lackaday! :eek:

Seriously, Cinnabarr, come on. :shades:

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 12th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Fine. Fine. You are all right. I will stop lecturing people on wheather they use spoilers or not. It is in thier hands now. But I will never forget this.

Great! Just great! Rill has got his obsession over Martin's age. Reds has got that whole obsession over oreos. Now I must find a new obession. Yes! Yes!!!
Anyone who writes a post with only one sentence is gonna get it!!!! Yeah, they'll get it bad.

Just joking ya'll. :D

Rillflag27
July 12th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Hmm, maybe I should devote my life to finding out Reds and Martins age....;)

*eats oreo*

Mariel StormRider
July 12th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Sorry, the slave rebellion I was thinking off happened durring the first third of the book. It was the one when

VItch insulted John Churchmouse and Tim jumped on him and began attacking him and pretty soon all the 'redwall slaves' were fighting with their captors

Felldoh
July 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Whee. I thought of more.

"Pilgrimage" - Nine Inch Nails (Any duel from the series)

"Flames" - VAST (Martin the Warrior Spoilers) Felldoh's death scene. Only the parts of the song with no singing though.

Mariel StormRider
July 16th, 2004, 11:05 PM
You like badgerbadgerbadger.com? Have you seen "Special Edition"? If you like LOTR, you'll probably like it...HERECOMEHERECOMEHERECOMETHEBADGERS!

lol yeah...it's so awesome!!! I've seen all the cartoons there and they're all so funny :lol:

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 06:37 AM
euro 2004 badgers was good too.

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 05:19 PM
I think Time of Your Life by Green Day would be a fitting song for the end of any of the books, or for the parting of ways of friends.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 22nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
I think Time of Your Life by Green Day would be a fitting song for the end of any of the books, or for the parting of ways of friends.
I love that song. I always listen to it when I'm feeling sad. BOO HOO! I agree that song would be great for any end of a book, but it would be perfect for BJ's last Redwall book. PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Don't yell at me for saying that. But come on folks, its gonna happen someday. The last Redwall book. I know all of you have thought of it before. Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Cheesethief
July 23rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
please, shut up! brian could write many more books before he stops.

BARRY TROTTER AND THE SHAMELESS PARODY-
I don't think she'll [JG Rollins] stop writing Barry Trotter until we pry the pen from her cold, dead, hands.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 23rd, 2004, 06:08 PM
Indeed he could and I hope he does, but everything has an end. Sorry if the realization gets you down a little.

Cheesethief
July 24th, 2004, 12:18 PM
drop it cinn! being frank, hes got a lot of good material left.

Lord Servone
July 24th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Funky Town by Lipps Inc. for Noonvale's theme

And yes, I'm just mocking this topic...I'll stop now xP.

Jodan
July 24th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Sorry to say, but the books have been getting to be just about the same thing every time. I liked Martin the Warrior and the Legend of Luke, because the broke the standard formula that Brian Jacques seems to follow.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 24th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Cheese, I'm not saying that he doesn't have any material left. I'm sure that he has a lot of material left. But hey! He might stop after writing like 25-30 books. Authors sometimes do get tired of writing about the same stuff. For example, look at Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. (I supose this should be put into a spoiler tag, but any Sherlock Holmes fan would know this) He killer Sherlock Holmes in one of his books because he got tired of writing about him. The only reason he was brought back was because of the publics complaining.
So you can see that authors do get tired of writing about the same stuff. Especially for BJ, since he is expected to come out with at least one book a year, plus other books he's working on.

Cheesethief
July 25th, 2004, 01:46 PM
yeh i suppose cinn. but thatll be a while yet.
jodan, what the ?

Jodan
July 25th, 2004, 04:12 PM
This is from http://www.rwclub.org/f/plotgen/ and I quote:

"After reading the Redwall novels many times over, then electing to read them again, we've found a general consistency in plot which you can find if you generalize anything enough. The plot goes a bit like this: A warrior is disadvantaged, but decides to begin a quest for an important thing. The warrior encounters a quirky, funny beast who helps them in their quest. The warrior also encounters a villain who wishes to stop them from reaching something which may or may not be the aforementioned important thing. The warrior and the villain may or may not have epic battle. Through the quest, the warrior overcomes their disadvantage. Later on, the warrior returns home to a feast with lots of food."

I noticed the consistency a while back as well, but that doesn't make the books any less enjoyable.

Cheesethief
July 26th, 2004, 05:48 AM
true, triss, loamhedge and tagg seemed similar, but rakkety tam should break the mould.

Trowbaggs
July 27th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah, we finnally get to see the Long Patrol again. I also think it will be cool for Rakkety to have an Irish accent. Since no other character so far has hade one.

Cheesethief
July 28th, 2004, 10:54 AM
er...scottish. the accent is scots.
and if you want irish, how about the
dunehogs in legend of luke?

Trowbaggs
July 28th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Actually, he does have an Irish accent. As Brian Jacques said to the Cincinnati Enquirer. "He came from the north with Wild Dougie Plum, a little Highland squirrel with a thick brogue". Brogue is a Irish pronunciation of English. At least that's what it said in the dictionary. As for songs in the redwall series, I think "May It Be" by Enya would be perfect for the end of Martin The Warrior. It brings a tear to my eye. Or "Into The West" by Annie Lenoix when Rose dies. That would be perfect.

Jodan
July 28th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Desperado by the Eagles could be used for the end of the books.

Cheesethief
July 29th, 2004, 04:37 PM
i am adamant it is scottish. someone back me up he wears tartan. he is a HIGHLANDER. i live an scotland, i am scottish. i dont think im wrong. but whatever, well see when the book appears. ;)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 7th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Not all Highlanders are Scotts. There are Irish highlanders. You would know that Cheese, if you studied history a little bit more. My parish here in SF is extreamly Irish and we have Irish bagpipers for special occasions. They wear Highlanderish ceremonial clothing too. So you see some Irish people can be called Highlanders too. GO IRISH!!!!!!

Lord Servone
August 7th, 2004, 06:41 PM
You're both wrong about Highlanders because....
There can be only one!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Sorry...somebody had to say it. One of the best movies ever. I don't acknowlege the sequels at all though...

Goddess of Darkness
August 7th, 2004, 10:13 PM
There can be only one!

:lol: I was about to say that...

Mariel StormRider
August 16th, 2004, 07:19 PM
White Flag by Dido fits Celandine and Felldoh's relationship well, from Celandine's POV

//I know you think that I shouldn't still love you,
Or tell you that.
But if I didn't say it, well I'd still have felt it
where's the sense in that?

I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
Or return to where we were

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

I know I left too much mess and
destruction to come back again
And I caused nothing but trouble
I understand if you can't talk to me again
And if you live by the rules of "it's over"
then I'm sure that that makes sense

And when we meet
Which I'm sure we will
All that was there
Will be there still
I'll let it pass
And hold my tongue
And you will think
That I've moved on....

I'm in love and always will be//

Trowbaggs
August 22nd, 2004, 10:22 AM
American Soldier by Tobey Keith would be a good song for a soldier in the long patrol. Or Courtesy of the Red White and Blue.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 03:22 PM
why? hares sound british, no? maybe im wrong on that too...
anyway, rakkety is scottish, and highlander crisps are nice. 'specially salt and vinegar...

Trowbaggs
August 24th, 2004, 05:32 PM
just change the title to salamandastron soldier ;). And you cant prove he is scottish. The book isn't even out yet! I'm sticking to my guns by saying he is Irish.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 24th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I think that he is Scottish, and even though I'm Irish I'd prefer him to be Scottish. But I'm still right about my earlier statement about Highlanders. ;)

Trowbaggs
August 24th, 2004, 07:37 PM
I'd rather him be scottish to. I like the accent better. Something different to hear. Love scottish music to. Dougie Maclean is awsome! Lets just end this argument. There is no real way to tell until the book comes out anyway.

Cheesethief
August 25th, 2004, 07:31 AM
he is! check the acc-ent guys! lawd...
anyways, who is dougie maclean? ive never heard of him. you like scots music, try franz ferdinand or something, cos we sure as heck dont listen to this dougie guy.

Trowbaggs
August 25th, 2004, 08:44 AM
How can you tell when he only says 3 words? You've never heard of Dougie? I thought he was really big over there. He sings celtic music. He's acctually the only scottish artist I've listened to. I don't like any other type of Scottish music.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I love Franz Ferdinand!!!!!!! They ROCK!!!

Lonna Bowstripe
August 25th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Maybe I'm the only one that noticed, but the Redwall books are set in a different time period that real life!! How can someone be Irish or British when the countries Don't exist in Redwall!!!

Akkess of Empyrean
August 25th, 2004, 09:11 PM
You forget how BJ said Cluny may have been from Portugal.........

Almost any song by Loreena Mckennitt could work.

Trowbaggs
August 25th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Maybe I'm the only one that noticed, but the Redwall books are set in a different time period that real life!! How can someone be Irish or British when the countries Don't exist in Redwall!!!

BJ takes the accents from countries around him and incorporates it into the redwall characters. A hare isn't british but it can have a british accent.

Mariel StormRider
August 25th, 2004, 10:29 PM
You forget how BJ said Cluny may have been from Portugal.........

Almost any song by Loreena Mckennitt could work.

somtimes i think of redwall as an exception to some of the rules that apply to other books, since BJ repeatedly said that he never expected Redwall to be a book series, so he didn't decide to keep humans completely seperate until the other books

Felldoh
August 26th, 2004, 10:20 AM
I can say I like the songs you guys picked so far. :D I got another I think fits. "The Fragile" by Nine Inch Nails. I think it'd fit as a song about Martin's feelings for Rose and how he wants to protect her.

She shines
In a world full of ugliness
She matters
When everything is meaningless

Fragile
She doesnít see her beauty
She tries to get away
Sometimes
Itís just that nothing seems worth saving
I canít watch her slip away

I wonít let you fall apart

She reads the minds of all the people as they pass her by
Hoping someone can see
If I could fix myself iíd-
But itís too late for me

I wonít let you fall apart

Weíll find the perfect place to go where we can run and hide
Iíll build a wall and we can keep them on the other side
But they keep waiting
And picking

Itís something I have to do
I was there, too
Before everything else
I was like you

Cheesethief
August 26th, 2004, 12:26 PM
How can you tell when he only says 3 words? You've never heard of Dougie? I thought he was really big over there. He sings celtic music. He's acctually the only scottish artist I've listened to. I don't like any other type of Scottish music. well, "braw" means great over here. im certain he is derived from a scot. anyway, bj's irish all have stereotypical "oirish" accents, so...and ive never heard of dougie. see, we dont listen to celtic music much. i doubt he is even scottish.

I love Franz Ferdinand!!!!!!! They ROCK!!! the matinee is mine. ;) of course, few know theyre named after the archduke who was assasinated, which sparked off WW1...

Maybe I'm the only one that noticed, but the Redwall books are set in a different time period that real life!! How can someone be Irish or British when the countries Don't exist in Redwall!!! how do you know??? i get what youre saying though. but akkess is kind of right, and mariel. in redwall, bj had a town, cows, dogs, a horse and cart, and cluny was meant to be a portuguese rat.

Mariel StormRider
August 26th, 2004, 05:33 PM
I Promise, by Stacie Orrico would be really good for Mariel and Dandin, or another pair of best friends in Redwall. I always found that BJ wrote his friendships really convincingly in the Redwall books

//Will I always be there for you?
When you need someone, Will I be that one you need?
Will I do all my best to, to protect you?
When the tears get near your eyes
Will I be the one that's by your side?
Will I be there when you call me in the middle of the night?
Will I keep the rain from falling down into your light?
I promise, I promise
I promise I will

Will I take tender tender care of you?
Take your darkest night and make it bright for you
Will I be there to make you strong and to lean on?
When this world has turned so cold
Will I be the one that's there to hold?

I promise, I promise
I promise I will

I promise, I promise
I promise I will

Yeah
And I love you more every day
And nothing will take that love away
When you need someone
I promise I'll be there for you (there for you)
I promise

I promise, I promise
I promise I will

And I promise (and I promise)
I promise (oh I promise you)
I will be there when you call me (when you call me)
I promise (I promise)
I promise I will//

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 26th, 2004, 06:52 PM
few know theyre named after the archduke who was assasinated, which sparked off WW1...
I don't want to sound like a know it all, but I'm one of the few that knows. Well, I knew after the band made thier world debue cause I looked the name up on Google. :D

Cheesethief
August 27th, 2004, 10:37 AM
hah.
the word is debut. :rolleyes: :p

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 28th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Good. You caught my mistake, which i purposefully laid for you to find. Good job. :lol: Just pulling your appendage.

Cheesethief
August 28th, 2004, 02:21 PM
hah again.
i see...mistakes, everywhere...bt i let them slide mostly, cos i cant be bothered. yeah, critic of the year, thats me... ;)

Trowbaggs
August 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM
ive never heard of dougie. see, we dont listen to celtic music much. i doubt he is even scottish.
Oh he's scottish alright. www.dougiemaclean.com

Cheesethief
August 30th, 2004, 12:24 PM
fair nuff. i see hes from the kingdom o fife, which would explain some things... ;) just joshing. i seem to recall him now...

Bereden the Intrepid
August 30th, 2004, 04:07 PM
The Greatest Adventure" ....

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead
Today and tomorrow are yet to be said
The chances the changes are all yours to make
The mold of your life is in your hands to break.

The greatest adventure is there if you are bold
Let go of the moment that life makes you hold
To measure the meaning can make you delay
It's time you stop thinking and wasting the day.

A man whose a dreamer and never takes leave
Who thinks of a world that is make believe
Will never know passion
Will never know pain
Who sits by the window
Will one day see rain.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead
Today and tomorrow are yet to be said
The chances the changes are all yours to make
The mold of your life is in your hands to break.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

------------------

I know that the song was used in the animated movie "The Hobbit", but I think that could fit at the beginning of any of the quests in the Redwall series. I especially think that it could be used at the beginning of matthias' quest for the Sword of Martin the Warrior.

Rolinko
September 2nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
I've always thought the song "Wherever you will go" by The Calling fits the relationship in Mattimeo when Matthias leaves Cornflower to rescue the children.
"If I could
Then I would
Go wherever you will go
Way up high
Or down low
I'll go wherever you will go" etc.

Mariel StormRider
September 3rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Do you know the song I said fit well with Grath+ Inbar earlier, (hopelessly, helplessly, recklessly)? Well, I revoke that statement because I believe I have found a song that fits THE BEST with them, Grath, specifially-

Bring Me to Life

how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where Iíve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I canít wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I canít wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing Iíve become

now that I know what Iím without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I canít wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I canít wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
Iíve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I canít wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I canít wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

(Bring me to life)
Iíve been living a lie, thereís nothing inside
(Bring me to life)

OMG!!! That is so perfect for grath, since she was basically empty inside and only wanted revenge on the searats, and then she met Inbar, and...lol...basically what the song says. What does everyone else think?

Felldoh
September 3rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
I actually never thought of that. I think so too now...

Bereden the Intrepid
September 5th, 2004, 12:17 AM
I think that "She is Gone" By Willie Nelson fitsRose's death from Martin's point of view.

She is gone
But she was here
and her memory is still heavy in the air
oh what a taste
of human love
now she's gone and it don't matter anymore.

Passing dreams
in the night
and it was more than just a woman and a man
it was love
without device
And my heart will never be the same again

She is gone
but she was here
and her memory is still heavy in the air
oh what a taste
of human love
now she's gone and it don't matter anymore