PDA

View Full Version : Who is your least favorite non-evil creature in redwall?

Blurtail
June 12th, 2004, 07:05 PM
There be too man too menction, but the one i hate the Most is Colin Vole

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 12th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I didn't really like Viola, that vole, from Pearls of Lutra.

Delhome
June 12th, 2004, 07:53 PM
why is it that voles are the most annoying animals

Sister Cottontail
June 12th, 2004, 10:42 PM
I don't like Viola either! Blech! Those voles...

Cheesethief
June 13th, 2004, 11:47 AM
have you been here before sister cottontail??? any relation to rosie?
my least favourite...lonna.

Felldoh
June 14th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Bryony. She was just so... ungreatful over Veil giving his life for her.

Cheesethief
June 14th, 2004, 01:36 PM
right. no emotion, no
"veil gave his life for me". she thought he didnt realise he would be killed. grrr.

Felldoh
June 14th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I know! It's like how the heck would she know what he would of done?! Grr is right.

Cheesethief
June 15th, 2004, 10:57 AM
evil one!
and another nasty peice of work-the vole that bryony and togget chucked stuff at.

Felldoh
June 15th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I don't quite remember that character...

Another character I'm not too fond of, though I don't hate him by any means, I am getting really sick of Martin appearing all the time. Don't like his personality either.

Chelki Sureshot
June 15th, 2004, 06:10 PM
What? Martin's aewsome! He doesn't appear at all any more. My least favorite. . .I dunno. All the squirrel girls. I really hate them. Except Jess. And Ranguvar. And Lady Amber. And Jukka. So I guess squirrels don't work. I really hate Felldoh. In the book. He's just. . .so. . .annoying? I mean, he shoulda killed Badrang when he had the chance! And I like Bryony. True devotion. Sure, she was a bit soppy, but the experience helped her grow up..

Delhome
June 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM
how can you not like the girl squirrels?!?

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 03:16 PM
I can say the same of you Chelki Sureshot, Felldoh is awesome! But we all have opinions, so whatever. I don't like Martin because, to me, he seems to serous at times, and a bit of a jerk.

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Felldo is like the strongest squirrel ever!

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Hard to deny that Delhome. I'd say he's one of the strongest characters in all.

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 03:35 PM
i heard a rumor, i heard that Dannflor Reguba (Marlfox) was Decended from Felldo. Tis just a rumor, not sure.

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Really? Interesting. Never heard that before. Then again, I generally keep away from looking up anything related to the books I have yet to read/am reading... last time I broke that I had it spoiled that (Outcast of Redwall spoilers) Veil and Skarlath get killed. I hope he is though, it'd be nice to have Felldoh mentioned at least once in some other book in some other way.

Cheesethief
June 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM
maybe...oh g, maybe rak tam and co will be descendants of celandine, who will have remembered felldoh and passed on the legend. that would be great...
martin is ok! so's felldoh. dannflower couldnt be descended from 'Doh.
he died, remember?

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Thats what I was thinking. Though it is possible he... ya know... a day or so before his death.

Cheesethief
June 16th, 2004, 03:49 PM
what, with celandine or summat? i thought that too. nah, he was all sombre wasnt he.

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
It's possible, unlikely, but possible. Brian didn't exactly show us what was going on every second of the book.

Cheesethief
June 16th, 2004, 03:53 PM
:rolleyes: well, he would have let that out! i mean, 8 year olds - read those books! but i still dont think its possible. its llike saying martin couldve...
and why were matthias and mattimeo fathers and husbands so early?

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Yeah, which is why I thought it had a 1% possibility. :D And if you mean Martin and Rose, that is on a completely different level... As for the Matthias and Mattimeo thing... yeah... thats just not right... their like thirteen.

Cheesethief
June 16th, 2004, 04:11 PM
yeh. animals are weird. *shudder*

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 04:16 PM
yeah well, I proposed to my gf when we were 13, but were waiting to get married after college

Cheesethief
June 16th, 2004, 04:23 PM
cool! goodluck with everything. though ill wait for a bit i think.

Trowbaggs
July 13th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah, which is why I thought it had a 1% possibility. :D And if you mean Martin and Rose, that is on a completely different level... As for the Matthias and Mattimeo thing... yeah... thats just not right... their like thirteen.

Animals in Redwall mature much faster than humans. Tagg for example, he was only 16 seasons. That's only 4 years old! Yet he was like a 20 year old.

Senav
July 13th, 2004, 07:21 PM
I think Tagg was supposed to be the equivilant of a 15 or 16 year old. 20 is pretty young, but I got the impression of someone in their teens.

And I heard about Dann being a descendant of Felldoh too...it was in a fanfiction.

LadyBeelze
July 13th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Alot of the Hares in the redwall series got pretty annoying at some points but i don't think i have a least favorite non-evil character. Hmm besides Dwurp (sp?) in MTW since he was a traitor.

Trowbaggs
July 13th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Dwurp WAS evil.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 14th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Originally postd by Delhome

yeah well, I proposed to my gf when we were 13, but were waiting to get married after college

Dude, Del, you're only 15 years old, soon to be 16, right? And you have been engaged for nearly three years now? I o no. That sounds kind of strange to me, that you made such a commitment at such a young age. I mean I'm almost 15 years old, and I couldn't imagine keeping to just one person all the time. Well, I guess if you find the right person, it doesn't matter what thier age is, you've found them. Right?
:confused:

Chelki Sureshot
July 15th, 2004, 11:31 AM

You did that into a joke, right? Seriously, 13 is a little young. Wasn't this thread originally about who you least liked in Redwall? For me, from the Abbey, I think it's Treerose. A bit like Celandine.

About Felldoh and Celandine. . .I really doubt it. She flirted with him, sure, but I don't think he ever like her in that way. . .

Felldoh
July 16th, 2004, 04:21 PM
The thing is, most people seem to think "Celandine" when you mention a love interest for Felldoh, yet he could be in love with an unamed character.

To stick back to the topic, I don't like Clecky that much either.

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 07:31 AM
DRUWP.
theres no need to be rude.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 18th, 2004, 11:07 PM
I wasn't being rude. I was just asking a question because I'm about the same age and I was curious. GEEZ LOUISE!!

Cheesethief
July 19th, 2004, 02:33 PM
hey, thats not my name.
sorry, it was chelki who was being a bit cheeky. (cheeky chelki...wow.)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 20th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Oh, okay. :D

Bereden the Intrepid
July 21st, 2004, 01:26 AM
I did not like Cynthia Bankvole because all she did was whine and complain throughout the entirety of the novel Mattimeo :(

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 21st, 2004, 01:29 AM
Blast those voles!!!! They're nothing but trouble!! Trouble!!!!!!!

Cheesethief
July 21st, 2004, 03:39 PM
hellooooo bereden. i thought it was bereden the stupid for a second...apologies.
cinn, think calm thoughts...voles are good, vo-ah, stuff it, theyre bad.

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 04:03 AM
I don't know why, but for some reason, the only mice in the whole series I really liked were Luke and his crew. Most of them are too...I dunno...good. I found it annoying.

By the way, like my avatar? I thought of it and made it myself...It's kinda ?????? quality-wise, though, cause my animation program sucks... *sigh*

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 04:07 AM
Woah...it censored that?:rolleyes: Sheesh...

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 07:06 AM
well, i was trying to figure out which word you typed...hmm

Summerstar
August 19th, 2004, 10:12 PM
I dont like YOU, chelki! I turned myself into a female red squirrel, and look what you do! >sniff< its ok, really. for some reason, I really dont like Chibb from Moss. He was really stuck up, dont you think? Argular on the other hand, was one awsome codger! :D

Candied Chesnut
August 19th, 2004, 10:43 PM
seems to me that voles are the least fav. non evil creature in redwall...i mean, colin vole, dwurp, cythina, viola...the list goes on! (or not i can only think of those four)

about matthias and mattimeo, matti wasnt too young when he got married. that was mentioned 7 seasons after matthias came back from malkariss. if tess just gave birth, than they should have been married about one or two seasons back. by then, matti should have been a young adult.

matthias was prob a teenager in redwall, and if he was married at the end of the summer...he would be... i dunno...still a teenager? now...it really depends on how old you think matti is at the end of redwall. he should be at least two or three seasons old. and if matthias was married four seasons ago...that means cornflower gave birth at...one or two seasons into marriage.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I pretty much dislike E-V-E-R-Y - S-I-N-G-L-E non evil creature there ever was. Oh, there's exceptions, quite a few in fact, but I like evil creatures best.

Hey, why aren't my smilies working.....I click it and and it goes to the top of the page.......HELP!!!!!!!!!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 20th, 2004, 12:50 AM
I pretty much dislike E-V-E-R-Y - S-I-N-G-L-E non evil creature there ever was. Oh, there's exceptions, quite a few in fact, but I like evil creatures best.
What a pity they always die.

Goddess of Darkness
August 20th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Exactly how I feel!

What a pity they always die.
*sniff* Yeah.....

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 12:56 AM
I know! It's not fair! the good guys always want revenge! And they ALWAYS get it! Complete disregard for life! Even if they are "vermin". And what's with the "vermin" thing? 'Tis naught but a word! Did anybody ever think to look beyond the evilness?

*sigh* perhaps one day........

Goddess of Darkness
August 20th, 2004, 01:04 AM
I know, 'tis sad.... The coolest character was "vermin", so he got killed. Had a stinkin' bell dropped on 'im.... *sniff* It's not fair!

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 01:12 AM
WHAT? My spoiler thingy doesn't work either!! MARTIN! Somebody!....Hope it's not my computer.............

Curse Matthias and his bell. "Vermin" deserved to live...

Goddess of Darkness
August 20th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Yes, Cluny and almost all the other "vermin" deserved to live. I mean, I've done nothing wrong, but if one of the heros saw me, they'd probably try to kill me just because I'm a rat!

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 02:03 AM
I wouldn't!!!!!! Long live vermin!!!!

Goddess of Darkness
August 20th, 2004, 02:07 AM
I wouldn't!!!!!! Long live vermin!!!!
:D Yaaaaay! :D

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 02:10 AM
We must bring all vermin back from the dead! Then, we take Redwall abbey!

Goddess of Darkness
August 20th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Sounds good to me! *crazed evil laughter*

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 12:44 PM
I am now on a quest to fix my computer. Wish me luck.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! THE TRIUMPHANT RETURN!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Everything is back to normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonna Bowstripe
August 20th, 2004, 02:22 PM
my least favourite...lonna.

Hey, watch it. :mad:

Ferahgo the Assassin
August 20th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Why does everyone hate Lonna so much? He was, without a doubt, my favorite character from Loamhedge except for maybe Bragoon. I think a lot of the characters from the books are too honorable, and mistakenly let vanquished vermin go because they deserve the chance to live. Maybe Lonna just knew that if he let any of the seavermin go, they'd do nothing but bring more death and destruction to others. Lonna set out with a goal and he accomplished it, and let nothing get in his way. That's admirable, I say.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 20th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I agree Ferahgo. Lonna was a great character, and personally my favorite badger in the series.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 04:43 PM
raise me from the dead guys!
sorry lonna! but i didnt really like him. he was probably ok before he got done in by raga bol, but still...

Goddess of Darkness
August 24th, 2004, 06:46 PM
raise me from the dead guys!
OK, Cheese, we will.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 06:48 PM
We'll raise everyone from the dead. Except the goody goodies ;) . They kill vermin! :(

Goddess of Darkness
August 24th, 2004, 06:52 PM
And we'll make a giant un-dead vermin army!!! There would be at least 10000!!! I'd like to see Redwall try to beat that lot!!! *insane evil laughter*

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM
:D There would be no way Redwall could stand up to 10 000 beasts!!!!! :D

Okay, here's the plan:
Storm the abbey by force, take it over.
Since the Abbey couldn't hold a horde that vast, we go to the quarrey and enlarge the abbey so it's a CASTLE.( Because Kotir once stood where the abbey is now, I think) :D
Then we rename the castle and rule with an iron fist.

How's that sound? But what would we name it?

Goddess of Darkness
August 24th, 2004, 07:11 PM
We can make a better plan than that. That would work, but we want to lose as few soldiers as possible, and I've got a few ideas that would get us in without losing even one. But about the name....hmmm.....

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Okay, since our army would be undead, mayhaps they could tunnel underground and come at night. They would have to contend with the listening tunnels and moles though, hmmmm. Hey, zombies aren't that easy to kill, if I remember correctly.
Well, no matter how we do it, I say enlarge the abbey!!!! :D

Goddess of Darkness
August 24th, 2004, 07:16 PM
lol, with 10000 soldiers, we'd HAVE to enlarge it!

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Okay, so what's your plan?

Oooh, how 'bout Castle Darkgate. Meh.(I've got tons of other names up my sleeve.) :p

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 24th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Meh.(I've got tons of other names up my sleeve.)
Don't you mean "up your feathers?" :rolleyes:
You guys should really start PMing eachother instead of posting all of this clutter in someones thread. I thought you would have learned Akkess.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 07:49 PM
When you think about it, it isn't clutter. We're just expressing our deep dislike for non evil creatures.

I really dislike Celandine. I don't think I need to explain why.

Trowbaggs
August 24th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Why dont you guys talk on msn or something. It's getting annoying reading all your little fantisies about vermin destroying redwall.

Cheesethief
August 25th, 2004, 08:34 AM
sorry, but, msn messenger would be better for this. or start a "whatever" thread where you just post whatever you want.

Trowbaggs
August 25th, 2004, 01:16 PM
I'll get back on topic. My least favorite non evil character (excluding the voles!, blech) would be bescarum. He was to greedy. He did hardely anything but eat, eat, eat. He ate a ton compared to any other hare! And that's saying alot. Glutany, one of the 7 deadly sins.

Felldoh
August 25th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I'll add to being back on topic. I hated Florian. He irritated me the entire book... and just thinking of him makes me wanna stab him.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 25th, 2004, 06:31 PM
For some reason I didn't despise Bescarum as much as everyone else did. I kind of thought he was funny, in a terribly tragic way. He was darkish funny because of the bad deeds he did. Now that I look back on him, he really was a bad character, but I enjoyed him. I like all of the hares in the books. Their all so funny.

TwinBlade Shortsword
August 25th, 2004, 06:34 PM
my lesat favorite character is veil the little ferret who is stuck in the middle of good and evil, wot wot

LadyBeelze
August 25th, 2004, 07:32 PM
my lesat favorite character is veil the little ferret who is stuck in the middle of good and evil, wot wot

I agree. Though i found it kind of sad when swartt killed him. Poor wittle ferret :p

Cheesethief
August 26th, 2004, 12:43 PM
florian was ok...i thought bescarum was alright actually. veil..well, outcast of redwall was a kind of epic (like mossflower) so i guess he fittted in (like the opposite of chibb...or a reflection maybe...they were both kind of dastardly, but veil was with the bad guys, and chibb was with the good...though they were both recluses...hmm.) but i didnt really mind him. he wasnt all that bad.and thats not even counting the way he saved bryony. or apparently he did...im not sure.

Grath
August 26th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I never really liked Dwopple he just seemed more annoying than other dibbuns.
Rawnblade I never liked either, he just did not seem to be the right badger lord or something.

Candied Chesnut
August 26th, 2004, 10:21 PM
i completely agree. dwopple stunk. and i dont like deesum either because she just wouldnt come to facts that dwopple was a terror, even though the proof was right in front of her eyes.

Lonna Bowstripe
August 28th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I just didn't like Baby Rollo for some reason

LadyBeelze
August 28th, 2004, 12:25 PM
I also didn't like Horty at the first of the book but by the end he wasn't that annoying.

Glenner
September 4th, 2004, 08:09 PM
why is it that voles are the most annoying animals

Its just in the genes, I guess.

By the way, heres another vole to add to your list- I hate Dwurp.

Akkess of Empyrean
September 4th, 2004, 08:50 PM
it's Druwp, I believe, and yes, I dislike voles as well.

Glenner
September 4th, 2004, 09:00 PM
it's Druwp, I believe, and yes, I dislike voles as well.

You're right, I made a wee mistake. I haven't read MTW in so long.

Lonna Bowstripe
September 4th, 2004, 11:07 PM
I also didn't like Horty at the first of the book but by the end he wasn't that annoying.

:mad: Horty was almost as good as Lonna!

Aleisou Swiftpounce
September 5th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Ack... it has to be Lonna. (Sorry, Lonna!)

Ya see, he was so undeveloped! I mean, you don't get to know him at all - except for that he's a mad badger who wants to kill every vermin because they killed one person. Unreal or what? He's a bloomin' murderer for goodness sake - not honourable at all in battle. He doesn't even give the rats a chance.

Now for a quote from a person who I can't remember the name of:
"We don't know where he came from, but may I suggest a box named Generic Badger with Bloodwrath?"

Martin of Redwall II
October 3rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
mine is Sister Viola
i mean when she's actully a sister in long patrol :p