PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Main Character?

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 12th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I was just sitting, thinking to myself about random things as I tend to do. And somethng Redwallish popped into my head when I looked over at my bookcase with my Redwall books there. I thought to myself about all of Redwall's greatest main characters and which one was my favorite. Now I have many favorites, but which one is #1? I couldn't think of my favortie, but perhaps some of you can post your favorite and maybe from that I will be able to choose.

P.S. I hope there hasn't already been a thread like this before.

Sister Cottontail
June 12th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Well, I've always liked Matthias. He rocks! I think the reason I like him is... I dunno. Hey, he rocks! He has that special unidentifiable ... something! And there's my very vague post for you. :)I like Matthias... nuff said. :)

Bragoon
June 12th, 2004, 11:05 PM
My favorite would be Tammo or Tagg. I like them because they are young and have to learn some lessons before they become a warrior.

Sunflash_the_Mace
June 12th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Martin, Luke, and Matthias. And Sunflash

Cheesethief
June 13th, 2004, 10:49 AM
hey suuuuuunny!
well, no ! would be gonff, if he counts as main.

Sandstripe the Wild
June 13th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Tamo, Dannflor, Gonff, and Matthias

Firehound
June 13th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Trisscar Swordmaid, Cornflower, Songbreeze Swifteye, Tess Churchmouse (Seeing a pattern here yet?)

Cheesethief
June 14th, 2004, 09:54 AM
how abouttagg? i felt you got to know him well in the story...i thought he was like the jolly green giant...:lol:

Felldoh
June 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I dunno if Felldoh counts... afterall, he was in the book from the beginning. If I can't count him... either Tammo or Mariel.

Blurtail
June 14th, 2004, 01:03 PM
PLUGG FIRETAIL!!!!!!!!!

Delhome
June 14th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Henry the Muse

Chelki Sureshot
June 14th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Basil Stag Hare all the way! He's like, I dunno. An excellent scoffer, trascker, comedian. He's so cool! And how he adopts Cheek at the end of Mattimeo, that's just classic!

Delhome
June 14th, 2004, 04:44 PM
you need to put that part with basil and cheek in a spoiler in case someone ain't read it yet!

Cheesethief
June 15th, 2004, 09:56 AM
right delhome. and it was harry the muse. but basil was cool.

Grath
June 17th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Denya/ Tagg I loved following him throughout the book.
Sunflash I like badgers as the main character
Martin such a brave mouse
Dotti because of her attitude.
Does Grath count as a main character?

Felldoh
June 17th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I'd count Grath, who else is more main than her?

Chelki Sureshot
June 20th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Delhome
you need to put that part with basil and cheek in a spoiler in case someone ain't read it yet! **sigsh** Whatever. It's a minor detail. Spoilers take too much time. But fine, when I'm talking about the books on the Bookshelf, I"ll be sure to do that.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 20th, 2004, 09:37 PM
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Chelki Sureshot how could you have given that away to me!!!! *sobs and sobs while writting this post* I've been reading Mattimeo for two days now and the only reason I didn't put the book down was because of the great relationship between Cheek and Basil! Now its all ruined! I thought Cheek would die or something not be adopted by Basil. I hope you feel good about yourself Chelki. I really do! The book is ruined for me. I don't even have the heart to read it anymore. How couldyou have done this to me?!!?! And what I really want to know is WHY!?!?! Why?!?!?! Why would you give something up that might not be the main plot, but still is important. At least important to other people. Stop thinking about yourself and think about how others would feel!!!!!
By the way, I have read Mattimeo and all the other Redwall books. I just wanted Chelki Sureshot to know how he can ruin a persons book by giving away even a minor detail. Please Chelki be more considerate in the future and don't be lazy at the expense of others. It's not kind. And go back and edit your post for crying out loud!

Mariel StormRider
June 21st, 2004, 12:11 AM
Definatly Mariel! I could go on and on about why I like her the best, but I'll try to keep it short:)

Basically, she's brave, strong, and a female warrior, at the least, but she also comes off as someone who's not concerned with what others think of her, and one who wants to be an original. Her stubborness, in my opinion, makes her more interesting as a character, and I also like it because it makes her a lot like me, in a way. Oh, and also the fact that she chose to stay a warrior and go on quests with Dandin really appeals to me. Besides, how many other fully-blown warriormaids are there that are mice. Actually, are there any?

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 01:10 PM
well, if mice had swords really there'd always be one...actually that would be cool. i dug up an old pokemon figure from in the cupboard under the stairs, a few elastic bands and a playmobil(:lol:) sword and its a guosim!

Martin the Warrior
June 21st, 2004, 07:24 PM
Concerning the Spoiler Tag--

All Redwall books from Redwall to Triss (published order) may be discussed freely on The Bookshelf forum. Posters are encouraged to use the spoiler tag for significant details

such as Rose's death

as we don't want to ruin the experience for new fans. However, minor details, such as Basil's adoption of Cheek, are not considered major spoilers and, thus, are not required to be enclosed in spoiler tags.

Please do not jump on other posters for not using the spoiler tag for every detail. Instead, kindly ask them to use the spoiler tag in the future.

The only books currently prohibited from being discussed are the ones with their own sub-forum, Loamhedge and The Angel's Command. All posts concerning those books should be made within those sub-forums.

All else is considered fair game.

Delhome
June 21st, 2004, 07:29 PM
accutly, martin, cheek and basil is a major detail due to the fact the it tells that they both survive.

Martin the Warrior
June 21st, 2004, 07:52 PM
Of course, using that logic, one cannot mention Martin the 2nd (or 3rd depending on when you start counting) is the son of Mattimeo because it reveals Mattimeo survives his ordeal, nor can one refer to Tansy as their favorite Abbess because it reveals that Tansy survives Pearls of Lutra and becomes Abbess, or even that Cregga was a character in more than The Long Patrol because it reveals she survives her battle.... and so-on and so-forth. Viewed in that light, every statement can be called a spoiler.

That's why we stick to only the major plot points for the spoiler tag. Some spoilers in discussions are a given.

Rillflag27
June 21st, 2004, 08:24 PM
Del - Don't argue with Martin, no matter how good you think your point is. It's hopeless. ;)

My favorite main character is Rockjaw Grang, or whatever his last name is.

Martin the Warrior
June 21st, 2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Rillflag27
Del - Don't argue with Martin, no matter how good you think your point is. It's hopeless. ;)

That would hardly be any fun. I welcome opposing viewpoints, even if I'm rarely swayed by them. ;)

Rillflag27
June 21st, 2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Martin the Warrior
That would hardly be any fun. I welcome opposing viewpoints, even if I'm rarely swayed by them. ;)

Oh I see, you're not happy unless someone is trying to prove a point against you? ;) I could beat anyone in points against stupidity, so don't even try!

Martin the Warrior
June 21st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Happiness never entered into the conversation. The fact of the matter is there's nothing to be gained by being surrounded by "yes men" who do nothing but agree with everything I say. If that were the reality, then there would really be no reason to even have a forum. As such, I welcome the thoughts of those who disagree with me (depending, of course, on the manner in which they disagree with me). It's not "hopeless" in the slightest.

Mariel StormRider
June 21st, 2004, 11:15 PM
Of course, using that logic, one cannot mention Martin the 2nd (or 3rd depending on when you start counting) is the son of Mattimeo because it reveals Mattimeo survives his ordeal, nor can one refer to Tansy as their favorite Abbess because it reveals that Tansy survives Pearls of Lutra and becomes Abbess, or even that Cregga was a character in more than The Long Patrol because it reveals she survives her battle.... and so-on and so-forth. Viewed in that light, every statement can be called a spoiler.

That's why we stick to only the major plot points for the spoiler tag. Some spoilers in discussions are a given.

Hey, also, one couldn't mention Mariel and Dandin as characters in Bellmaker, or well, evey Joseph as a main character because it means they survive the events of Mariel of Redwall.

Oh, btw, I think I posted a spoiler without marking it, but when I found out I couldn't edit it anymore. What should I do if that happens?

Rillflag27
June 21st, 2004, 11:32 PM
E-mail Martin or pray for mercy from, Puss 'n' Boots. :)

If it's important, e-mail Martin and I'm sure he can edit it for you.

Martin the Warrior
June 22nd, 2004, 12:15 AM
Mariel
Oh, btw, I think I posted a spoiler without marking it, but when I found out I couldn't edit it anymore. What should I do if that happens?

Contact me or one of the Scribes (via Private Message, e-mail, or IM, whichever you like) and we'll go back and edit it for you. It's not a problem. :)

Cheesethief
June 22nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
im still doubtful about spoilers...martin, i disagree and would recommend you put all your "using that logic, then one..." in spoilers because it does certainly spoil the book.

a good main character was dotti. i felt she added somewhat to the plot.

Martin the Warrior
June 22nd, 2004, 12:40 PM
You disagreement is duly noted, but overruled. The spoiler policy stands. :)

The point of my even commenting on the policy is to remind people that you don't jump on people for not using the tag. Again, if you have an issue with something they posted, kindly let them know.

Rillflag27
June 22nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
*notes that the words in bold are important*

Oh yeah, and Midge....he was the coolest fake-vermin eva. :)

Delhome
June 22nd, 2004, 07:22 PM
nay nay, Mask is.

Cheesethief
June 23rd, 2004, 07:22 AM
Mask all the way!

Here's a hypothesis- I've read Redwall, starting Mattimeo, and discover Redwall.org, on the Links page it mentions this site, so I sign up eager to express my views, and some member gives the plot away with a careless comment. The book is ruined for me, so what course of action do I take?

You disagreement is duly noted, but overruled. The spoiler policy stands.
Martin, I can't seem to find a definite set of rules for spoilers in the rules of the forum. Maybe you would like to point me in the right direction?

The point of my even commenting on the policy is to remind people that you don't jump on people for not using the tag. Again, if you have an issue with something they posted, kindly let them know.
In that case, I kindly ask you to consider the consequences. With all due respect.

Rillflag27
June 23rd, 2004, 10:01 AM
Martin, I can't seem to find a definite set of rules for spoilers in the rules of the forum. Maybe you would like to point me in the right direction?

Concerning the Spoiler Tag--

All Redwall books from Redwall to Triss (published order) may be discussed freely on The Bookshelf forum. Posters are encouraged to use the spoiler tag for significant details

such as Rose's death

as we don't want to ruin the experience for new fans. However, minor details, such as Basil's adoption of Cheek, are not considered major spoilers and, thus, are not required to be enclosed in spoiler tags.

Please do not jump on other posters for not using the spoiler tag for every detail. Instead, kindly ask them to use the spoiler tag in the future.

The only books currently prohibited from being discussed are the ones with their own sub-forum, Loamhedge and The Angel's Command. All posts concerning those books should be made within those sub-forums.

All else is considered fair game.

*whistles and points above him*

Delhome
June 23rd, 2004, 10:03 AM
ok, lets get this spoiler rule set in stone, i hav'nt had my pizza this week to I'm havin' problems thinkin'.

Rillflag27
June 23rd, 2004, 11:23 AM
Nice avatar Delhome, wasn't there like a thread that had like 80 posts about her? ;)

Delhome
June 23rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
yea, and your point is?

Cheesethief
June 23rd, 2004, 01:10 PM
fair enough rillflag. but i stll protest.

Martin the Warrior
June 23rd, 2004, 03:21 PM
Cheesthief
Here's a hypothesis- I've read Redwall, starting Mattimeo, and discover Redwall.org, on the Links page it mentions this site, so I sign up eager to express my views, and some member gives the plot away with a careless comment. The book is ruined for me, so what course of action do I take?

None. That's the thing about exploring online fandom indiscriminately-- it's your own fault if something gets spoiled. Personally, if I'm reading a new book series or following a TV show that's been out for a few years, I avoid all websites on the subject like the plague because, invariably, something will get spoiled. It's rather unfair to expect the fandom to not actually discuss the thing they're a fan of.

There's a balance between being courteous and overkill and that's where we currently stand. Try not to spoil the big things-- don't sweat the little things.

As Rillflag quoted, I posted them in this very thread. But, calling it a "rule" overstates it a bit. Why? Because no one will be punished for not using the Spoiler tag. We encourage people to use it, but we do not demand it. It's nothing more than a custom tag I whipped together so that people wouldn't have to keep using
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
and I leave its use up to the discretion of the poster.

In that case, I kindly ask you to consider the consequences. With all due respect.

I have. The alternative to allowing free discussion of the subject matter with reasonable requests concerning spoilers is to militantly require everyone encase every single post they make in black spoiler boxes (as any bit of information can be termed a "spoiler", as I illustrated earlier). That would drive people away from this forum pretty quick.

Of course, I'm sorry if anyone here has a plot point from one of the books spoiled for them, but that's the risk you take when you visit fandom early.

Cheesethief
June 24th, 2004, 04:46 PM
There's a balance between being courteous and overkill and that's where we currently stand. Try not to spoil the big things-- don't sweat the little things.

Where does one draw the line between these two then?

As Rillflag quoted, I posted them in this very thread. But, calling it a "rule" overstates it a bit. Why? Because no one will be punished for not using the Spoiler tag. We encourage people to use it, but we do not demand it. It's nothing more than a custom tag I whipped together so that people wouldn't have to keep using...

So they do not qualify a space in the rules? This statement contradicts your above quote as you could post a big spoiler obnoxiously using the 2nd piece of evidence and using the first we cannot spoil the big things. Forgive me if i have overlooked something.

Rillflag27
June 24th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
Where does one draw the line between these two then?

Come on Cheese, this isn't rocket science. ;)

Originally posted by Cheesethief
So they do not qualify a space in the rules? This statement contradicts your above quote as you could post a big spoiler obnoxiously using the 2nd piece of evidence and using the first we cannot spoil the big things. Forgive me if i have overlooked something.

*sigh*

"But, calling it a "rule" overstates it a bit. Why? Because no one will be punished for not using the Spoiler tag."

Rules you get punished.

Cheesethief
June 24th, 2004, 05:07 PM
in response: well, i mean, where do we draw he line? eh?

i dint call it a rule. and not all rules you get punished for. like, rules are there to be broken enough people break em you dont get punished. c'est la vie.

Lyrian Aryns
June 24th, 2004, 07:36 PM
"The line must be drawn HERE! Here, and no further!" </startrek>

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

But anyway, we are technically allowed to mention deaths and other big things without using a spoiler tag. It's nice to tag those things, but it's not required. There's not a specific line to draw; as Martin said, it's left to the poster's discretion. If someone hasn't read all the books and doesn't want to be spoiled, they shouldn't be looking at threads that could possibly spoil them. If they do, it's their own fault.

I do think it would be a good idea to throw an explanation of the spoiler tag into the FAQ if you can, Martin, since someone who's new to the internet in general might not be familiar with the term 'spoiler' itself, or what the tag would do. Of course, not many people actually bother to read the FAQ, so... *shrug*

Delhome
June 24th, 2004, 07:50 PM
heres an idea, lets hire the marching chickens from the Burger King commerical to spell it out for every one!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 24th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I fully, all-the-way, 100%, agree with.............................................. ...................... Cheese here. *breaks off singing* Go Cheese, go Cheese. It's your birthday, tis your birthday! Don't worry Cheese, I'm cheering for you all the way.

Martin, what has become of this forum? Stop this insanity, once and for all. If not for us, then for yourself.

Cheesethief
June 25th, 2004, 12:23 PM
go me, go me...
this is a good topic. time for a new thread...

Martin the Warrior
June 25th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Considering I made the Spoiler tag and even took the time to stick it into the auto-formatting bar, I'm halfway tempted to just delete it altogether. ;)

Again, the spoiler policy stands.

Lyrian
I do think it would be a good idea to throw an explanation of the spoiler tag into the FAQ if you can, Martin, since someone who's new to the internet in general might not be familiar with the term 'spoiler' itself, or what the tag would do. Of course, not many people actually bother to read the FAQ, so... *shrug*

Yeah, I think I will. It's not in there because the Spoiler tag was created after the FAQ. In the meantime, I'll probably just repost what I said here in a new thread and Sticky it.

Guys, either get back on topic or this thread gets locked. I won't be splitting out posts.

Rillflag27
June 25th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Sir, Yes Sir!

Oh yeah, I had another favortie character. Boorab the Fool. :)
*brings back the thread to it's regular on-topicness*

Cheesethief
June 26th, 2004, 03:55 PM
*sighs* well, jodd had potential but he only appeared at the beginning and end, a real disappointment i thought. he could have come along with togget and bryony.

Keyla
June 26th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Jodd's running joke of his name was effective but he would need to have more character to feature so centrally. He was merely comic relief and was not, in the state presented, developed enough even to be an amusing companion such as Tarquin. In addition, Bryony and Togget weren't on a quest as one typically sees. Hare comedy would work better in other situation not so wholly charged with emotional issues.

LadyBeelze
June 29th, 2004, 03:55 PM
My favorite character is Lady Cregga before she got blind and old. What a cool badger lady! *puts her as a role model ..j/k :D *

Mariel StormRider
June 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I have a question for Cinnabar...did you choose that name because in was one of the names on Jodd's list, or did you just use it cuz it sounded cool? Either way, it's an awesome name!!!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 29th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Well to answer your question Mariel, I came up with this name on my own. Thanks for your compliment. You see my favorite animals in Redwall are otters, and my favorite otter was Finnbarr Galedeep from the Bellmaker So I took Finnbarr, and changed it to Cinnabarr. Cinnabarr is actually a type of redish rock often found by the sea. So I took that and stuck Rivershell behind it, and thus the name came to be.

Mariel StormRider
June 30th, 2004, 08:37 PM
very cool! Go you!!! Actually, I was just reading (or re-reading outcast) and when Jodd starts going off on his long list of names..lol...one of them was Cinabarr..and I was like waaait...that sounds way too much like an otter name than a hare. So cool name...wish I was that creative *lol* :) :)

Cheesethief
July 2nd, 2004, 03:40 PM
clever, i was gonna be Pearlfisher Tungro ( check that last name in the books) but cheesethief was better. i was inspired by his stupidity and spitefulness. j/k.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 2nd, 2004, 05:08 PM
I like Cheesethief, it suits you well, ah.. Cheesethief. I guess it should suit you well after all that's what I know you by. lol

granola woodsworth
July 3rd, 2004, 03:29 AM
My favourite character would probably be Martin the Warrior, because he is a perfect example of true bravery and honesty, throughout his whole life and afterwards, too. :shades: When he is dead, his symbol of authority guides others to follow in his shadow, and achieve many other great things.
Also, he has experienced many hardships such as Rose's death :eek: throughout his entire life, and fights for freedom and justice for all peace-loving creatures, not just for himself. He is an example of one who has suffered many times throughout his life for others and himself, but still finds the courage to stand up for what is right.
Yeah. I think that's all. :rolleyes:

<edit> Wow, the emoticon actually shows through the spoiler tag :lol: </edit>

Cheesethief
July 3rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
<edit> Wow, the emoticon actually shows through the spoiler tag </edit> yeh, forums been new for a few days and already we found problems with it. time for vB 3.0.2!

I like Cheesethief, it suits you well, ah.. Cheesethief. I guess it should suit you well after all that's what I know you by. lol hah, cinn suits you too cinn.

Martin the Warrior
July 3rd, 2004, 02:34 PM
Emoticons have always shown up through the spoiler tag, that's not a problem. The spoiler tag hides text, it doesn't change the color of Emoticons An upgrade wouldn't change that.

granola woodsworth
July 3rd, 2004, 03:55 PM
yeh, forums been new for a few days and already we found problems with it. time for vB 3.0.2!

It doesn't really make that much of a difference if they show up through the spoiler tag or not, does it? It's not like it spoils anything for the reader. Why would vB 3.0.2 change that? :rolleyes:
I just thought that it was cool that they showed up though it, in the first place. :D

:shades:

The Red Badger
July 3rd, 2004, 05:27 PM
vB 3.0.2 wouldn't change a thing. An image is what an image is, if you have it show up then it'll show up. You can't hide it, you can't highlight it, and you can't have it show up a different color unless you've got a second copy uploaded that IS a different color.

*check topic* What thread is this? Oh. Favorite main character? Gonff. Gonff rules. :cool:

Cheesethief
July 4th, 2004, 10:21 AM
er..ok, thanks for that. but i mean, if someone wrote...

SPOILER
yeah, and that bit in martin the warrior with rose where
she dies!:eek:
SPOILER

it would be kind of obvious (hence the SPOILER).

gonff rules!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 5th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Ay, Cheese, I agree with you, like I often do about this whole spoiler thing, but there is nothing that can be done in this case. Unless...... Martin is a really expert computer buff and can like rewrite that part, so that the spoiler contains the smilie without showing it. First of all, even if Martin could do that it would probably take forever. And second of all I'm not sure if he is allowed to rewrite software. I think that is illegal? Anyways, it would be nice to have the smilies contained in the spoiler box, but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, so I have a very important message to all members of the LPC.

WHEN POSTING A SPOILER, PLEASE PUT EXTREME CARE AND THOUGHT WHEN THINKING ABOUT INSERTING A SMILIE, AS IT MAY GIVE AWAY IMPORTANT DETAILS THAT THE READER MAY WISH NOT TO SEE WHEN AVOIDING A SPOILER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE.

This has been a LPC service anouncement brought to by Cinnabarr Rivershell.
Thank you for reading and on your way out please remember to pick up a Cinnabarr bookmark and my latest book, entitled, 101 Rules of Posting Spoilers. Also, co-written by Cheesethief.

Cheesethief
July 5th, 2004, 09:26 AM
...with a foreword by Martin the Warrior, President of The Long Patrol Club (www.longpatrolclub.com), but he disagrees with everything so skip to Chapter 1, we needed someone important to be in there somewhere. ;)
i dont think even martin could rejig vB to suit us lot. plusi agree with the, er, PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT.

Martin the Warrior
July 6th, 2004, 01:10 AM
I can alter the code of vB, but having a hacked board renders official support useless, so the odds of me doing so are nil.

Besides, like Reds said, images cannot be altered by webbrowsers. An image is unchanging-- it'll always appear as it is uploaded and no amount of background colors can hide it. The spoiler tag is a simple matter-- black text on a black background. It creates the illusion of hiding text, but technically the text is still visibile. It's not hidden behind anything (you just can't read it). There is no process to hide a smiley that way. The only option is to disable smilies in your post (available in the Misc. Options section of the reply/post page) or to not use any at all.

That said, I think it's overkill to worry about it. Cheesethief, your example just suggests Rose did something that shocked you. I fail to see how anybody can look at " :eek: " and have the story spoiled for them. :rolleyes:

Firerunner
July 6th, 2004, 12:34 PM
My favorite character is Felldoh.He is so tough and honorable.Just look at the way he died.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 6th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Firerunner, as soon as our Felldoh, here on the LPC, reads your post, he's gonna take a liking to you. Most DEF!

Firerunner
July 7th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Well that's a nice way to make a friend. :D

Felldoh
July 7th, 2004, 02:36 PM
:D You are my hero Firerunner! I like you already. :D

Firerunner
July 7th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Well thank you. :D

Felldoh
July 7th, 2004, 02:57 PM
You deserve it. :D But after reading most of Marlfox, I'd have to say that Janglur Swifteye almoast beats out Felldoh as my favorite character.

(Marlfox Spoilers)

I realized he rocked when he decapitated Ziral with her own axe.

Cheesethief
July 9th, 2004, 12:15 PM
both as good as each other. or bad. ;)
oh, maybe you could write the smilie, not use an image. maybe?

Tagg
July 10th, 2004, 01:21 PM
let's see definatly Tagg, Sunflash is also sweet

t@gg :)
July 10th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Tagg all the way, baby!!!!

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 06:11 AM
a new tagg? :confused:
oh, and tagg wasnt much of a character.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 18th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Now Cheese, I enjoyed Tagg. He was a good character. What didn't you like about him?

Cheesethief
July 19th, 2004, 01:37 PM
well, terrouges june issue, i think it was, kinda converted me.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 20th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Yeah, but thats Terrouge's version of him, not the actual version. Not BJ's version.

Cheesethief
July 20th, 2004, 05:55 AM
right. i just thought he was a bit...dull, once he met nimbalo it got better though. taggerung was pretty good.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 20th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Now, if you are looking for a dull character then I'd have to say that Triss is one of the dullest of the dull. She had barely any depth to her and BJ didn't really expand her personality very well as the story went on.

Hordern
July 21st, 2004, 09:34 AM
I have several favs

Squirrel: Triss, Ranguvar Foeseeker
Hare: Jodd(im not sure tis shldnt b under squirrel...), tammo
Otter: Finnbarr Galedeep!
and of course Deyna
Mole: Foremole
Mouse: Matthias & Martin
dere r others , of course, but i cant remember :D

Cheesethief
July 21st, 2004, 02:43 PM
hey hordern...advice, never use abbreviated speak. let me tell you about a certain fellow named darky, and the scribes, now, a long time ago there was a man called martin...seriously write full words unless you are attempting something like "all t time i see mice" which is acceptable. this is a warning...martin will reprimand you harshly if he dscoers this...aah! im turning into one of them-a scribe! save me!

Martin the Warrior
July 21st, 2004, 06:42 PM
You know, Cheesethief, you're awfully quick to go around telling new posters that I'll reprimand them harshly. ;) As long as somebody is clear in what they're saying and not using |33t speak, they're fine.

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 03:41 AM
My favorite character is...*drumrole* Ranguvar Foeseeker! And are we counting villians? If so...CLUNY!!! GO RATS!!!*does a dance and waves a little flag with a picture of a rat on it**stops**clears throat* Lets pretend that didn't happen...*shifty eyes*...Luke was neat too...

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 06:08 AM
sorry martin. *hangs head in shame*.
oh, i liked cluny too!

Hordern
July 23rd, 2004, 09:40 AM
hey maybe you have a point.Yeah, 'tis a bad idea to go around using abbreviated speech...

Righto,i'll just use normal speech like evryone else then. Thnx 4 the advice-no offence taken! :D

Goddess of Darkness
July 23rd, 2004, 01:50 PM
There are two kinds of people you should try to avoid: Serial killers and girls that spell thanks with an "x"... :lol: just kidding...kinda...serial killers are fine :D

Bereden the Intrepid
July 23rd, 2004, 02:05 PM
My favorite characters are the Great Badger Lords, and Martin the Warrior.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
July 27th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Lesse, my fave character is Felldoh. I don't know why, but he seemed to be more flawed then the other characters, and after reading an excellent fanfic featuring him, I've grown quite attached.

And my favourite villains are... Badrang! Vilu Daskar! Tramun Clogg! Flinky! *Runs around with an "Anthro Staots r 4 eva man" t-shirt on.*

Cheesethief
July 28th, 2004, 10:52 AM
hi ali...alessa...aloosu...ill just call you al then! nice to see another brit, even if they are english. (im just messin, its great t meet ya!)
yeh, felldoh appealed to me. he stood out from the crowd. orlando could be compared to him. maybe.

Felldoh
July 28th, 2004, 02:58 PM
More and more people seem to be seeing the light. :D *Gives Aleisou Swiftpounce a cookie*

Firerunner
July 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Felldoh is cool.*he looks at the cookie Felldoh is holding*

Felldoh
July 28th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Oh yeah... you're a Felldoh fan too... *Gives Firerunner a cookie also*

I've decided to make a list of my top Redwall characters.

1. Felldoh
2. Janglur Swifteye
3. Russa Nodrey
4. Constance
5. Mariel
6. Veil Sixclaw (I consider him good)
7. Joseph
8. Grath Longfletch
9. Samkim
10. Tamello De Fformelo Tussock

Firerunner
July 28th, 2004, 03:50 PM
*eats the cookie up hungrily,crumbs spilling everywhere*

My top three fav. characters:

1.Urthstripe the Strong
2.Meldrum the Magnificent
3.Felldoh

Hordern
July 29th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Whoohahahooooooooh! I say, you chaps, have any of you guessed what country I'm from?

Im a Felldoh fan too...here's a cookie!

Firerunner
July 29th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Yay.*Eats the cookie greedily*

Felldoh
July 29th, 2004, 02:49 PM
*Puts out a plate of cookies with a sign that says "Felldoh fans only!"* That settles that. :D

Firerunner
July 29th, 2004, 02:55 PM
*Firerunner grabs a few cookies and eats.* :D

Aleisou Swiftpounce
July 29th, 2004, 03:02 PM
*Eats cookie*

It's Al-ay-sue. And English people rock! Yay! Yaaay! Yaaay!
Yay. *Swaps her stoat t-shirt for an "Enlgish ppl rock my sox d00d" t-shirt.* I really need an "Everything that Alei loves is to be included here" t-shirt.

Sygoran
July 29th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Enlgish? What's that? :confused:

Cheesethief
July 29th, 2004, 04:40 PM
english. :rolleyes: hi syg.
stop the cookie stuff!

Aleisou Swiftpounce
July 30th, 2004, 09:07 AM
I deliberately mispelt it. It's one of the crazy things I do.

Hordern
July 30th, 2004, 09:39 AM
So...any of you guessed where I come from?

Aleisou...nice name, very unique, where did you get it from?

Aleisou Swiftpounce
July 30th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks. It's my RP character, and also the main character of the first story I ever wrote. I'm pretty proud of her - she's not a Mary-Sue, and that's good enough for me!
I thought of it because I realized that I could find no word with all five vowels in it, so I made one...

Firerunner
July 30th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I think Horden is from Ireland.

Cheesethief
July 30th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I deliberately mispelt it i invented that one. :rolleyes:
hordern is...japanese. :p

Ferahgo the Assassin
August 6th, 2004, 12:23 AM
I have quite a few, methinks.

Sunflash the Mace
Skarlath (does he count as a main character?)
Tammelo de Formelo Tussock
Luke the Warrior
Samkim the squirrel
Grath Longfletch
And of course, Deyna (Tagg)

Firerunner
August 6th, 2004, 10:13 AM
All of those guys are cool. :p

Mariel StormRider
August 9th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Lesse, my fave character is Felldoh. I don't know why, but he seemed to be more flawed then the other characters, and after reading an excellent fanfic featuring him, I've grown quite attached.

And my favourite villains are... Badrang! Vilu Daskar! Tramun Clogg! Flinky! *Runs around with an "Anthro Staots r 4 eva man" t-shirt on.*

YAY!!! another Felldoh fan...have i mentioned what a big fangirl crush I have on him currently??? Btw, what fic did u read? I love any Felldoh fics, both in the process of writing my second one and loving to read them

Mariel StormRider
August 9th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Oh yeah... you're a Felldoh fan too... *Gives Firerunner a cookie also*

I've decided to make a list of my top Redwall characters.

1. Felldoh
2. Janglur Swifteye
3. Russa Nodrey
4. Constance
5. Mariel
6. Veil Sixclaw (I consider him good)
7. Joseph
8. Grath Longfletch
9. Samkim
10. Tamello De Fformelo Tussock

sorry for double posting, but COOL!!! Someone else who likes Mariel other than me :D

Goddess of Darkness
August 9th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I liked Mariel, too. In fact, untill recently my username on everything was Storm Gullwhacker.

Felldoh
August 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
:D My question is how could one not like Mariel. :p

And was the fanfic you read possibly "No Regrets" from Fanfiction.com? If so, gotta love that one. One of my favorite fanfics ever.

LadyBeelze
August 9th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Jodd is another of my favorite characters, because well..he's unique XD.

Chelki Sureshot
August 10th, 2004, 01:21 PM
He impresses how crazy the hare really can be.

Renegade
August 11th, 2004, 11:10 AM
I like Deyna and Tammo...

Agravaine
August 11th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Can't say that I'm a fan of most of the good main characters. They all get on my nerves when they're whining about friendship and the such. Above all, I abhorr Grath. She just mindlessly kills searats without being provoked.
Of course, Brome wasn't that bad...

I tend to enjoy minor characters more, especially the "evil" ones, such as Barranca, Poskra, and Bladeribb.

Candied Chesnut
August 11th, 2004, 11:08 PM
refresh my memory...whos poskra again?

Agravaine
August 12th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Poskra is the alcaholic rat who kidnaps the two Dibbuns in Taggerung. Vallug slays him a few pages after his introduction.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 12th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Scribes!!!!!!!!!! Please Someone Get The Scribes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Edit That Post!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sribes 'oh' Scribes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Help!!!!!!!! Such Utter Disregard!!!!!!! I Just Can't Help Myself!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!! Come Quickly!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. Hey Reds, I Have An Oreo With Your Name Right On It. Maybe That Will Get Your Attention!

Martin the Warrior
August 13th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Taggerung falls under the block of books that may be discussed freely in The Bookshelf.

Lonna Bowstripe
August 13th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Lonna Bowstripe (well duh)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 13th, 2004, 07:20 PM
BLAST!!!! BLAST!!!!!! One day I'll get someone Martin, and there will be no way of finding innocence for them. One day. You will see. One day I will catch someone saying something wrong, and you will be forced to say, "Hey, Cinnabarr, you're right. Now I will criticize that person you caught." And I will laugh!!! Oh how I will laugh! The day of reckoning shall arrive soon. Especially with Rakkety Tam coming out soon. Someone is bound to make a little mistake. And when they do, oh how you can bet I'll be there to let them know of thier blunder!!!!!! You may think that I am crazy, and you are right. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Martin the Warrior
August 14th, 2004, 06:45 PM
We all have our goals in life. :)

Mariel StormRider
August 14th, 2004, 08:32 PM
:D My question is how could one not like Mariel. :p

To answer that question, I know a lot of people who think she's too pushy, so they don't like her. :mad: Oh well...they're entitled to their own opinion.

And was the fanfic you read possibly "No Regrets" from Fanfiction.com? If so, gotta love that one. One of my favorite fanfics ever.

why thank you :)

Lonna Bowstripe
August 15th, 2004, 02:01 PM
All of those guys are cool. :p

You can change your sig now. Cheese ain't da village idiot no more. His sig is some poem by some monk.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 16th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Buenos dias! Como estas? Anyhoo, I'm the new person in town, and I'm likin' it! :cool:

getting to the point, my favourite main character would have to be Ironbeak from Mattimeo, unless he isn't really a main character. It he isn't, then I'd go with Basil Stag Hare. He's a barrel O' laughs.

And now within the empty dawn, A warrior saw his fate past gone, and with failing eyes he gazed upon the willow of the Windless Plains - Little Stanza from "The Willow of the Windless Plains" written by....Me! :D

Goddess of Darkness
August 16th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Welcome to The Long Patrol Forums! I'm fairly new myself (not even a patroller yet), but still...I hope you enjoy yourself! :D

Akkess of Empyrean
August 16th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Thankee kindly for your warm welcome! :p

Lonna Bowstripe
August 16th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Too bad you didn't join yesterday, by the way...

Akkess of Empyrean
August 16th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Actually, I did join yesterday,it was just late at night, so I didn't do much.

Why is it too bad?

Lonna Bowstripe
August 16th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Oh you did! Congrats on joining on the Long Patrol Club's eighth anniversary!! :D :D

Akkess of Empyrean
August 16th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I did? huh......COOL!! :p

Summerstar
August 17th, 2004, 06:09 PM
song, warbeak, krar, mgraw

Akkess of Empyrean
August 17th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Do you like birdies too? :D

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 17th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Goddess of Darkness

I'm fairly new myself (not even a patroller yet)
You joined three months before I did! :eek: How is that possible!

Goddess of Darkness
August 17th, 2004, 07:59 PM
For a long time I wasn't very active...And I had kind of forgotten when I joined...Have I really been here that long? Wow...

Akkess of Empyrean
August 17th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Time flies.........

Fox Mcloud
August 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM
want a LUEshi? 0_o

fav character: The Marlfoxes.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 18th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the Long Patrol Fox Mcloud!

Lonna Bowstripe
August 18th, 2004, 12:07 PM
For a long time I wasn't very active...And I had kind of forgotten when I joined...Have I really been here that long? Wow...

Gee, I've been here less than a month and I'm already a patroller!!

Akkess of Empyrean
August 18th, 2004, 12:09 PM
I've been here three days and I'm almost half way to becoming a patroller. Maybe I have too much time on my hands, I mean, wings. ;)

Lonna Bowstripe
August 18th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Sometimes, you'll come here and there will be no new posts...

Akkess of Empyrean
August 18th, 2004, 12:16 PM
how tragic........ :(

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 18th, 2004, 09:33 PM
If you really want to get a lot of posts really fast, then ask Rillflag27. However, I don't recommend doing what he did.

Mariel StormRider
August 19th, 2004, 01:39 AM
I haven't heard about this...what did he do???

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 19th, 2004, 12:07 PM
One word: SPAM!

Mariel StormRider
August 19th, 2004, 09:38 PM
lol...gotcha

Trowbaggs
August 22nd, 2004, 10:30 AM
I didnt know what spamming was until rillflag27 told me.

Trowbaggs
August 22nd, 2004, 10:35 AM
OH!! darn!!. I accedently clicked the wrong button. I meant to edit my last post but I just made a new one! Better say something useful. I would have to say my main character would have to be Tammo or Felldoh. Sorry for the double post.

Felldoh
August 23rd, 2004, 03:46 PM
:D *Gives Trowbaggs a cookie* I'm glad and suprised to see this many Felldoh fans.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 03:20 PM
hi to everyone new...everyone seems to be going mad now...maybe come back later? no? ok. im cheesethief, good buddy off cinders there (cinnabarr). as for characters, someone typed "mgraw". Megraw or McGraw? were ther two? ah! madness is contagious!

Folgrimeo
June 17th, 2005, 06:30 PM
My favorite main character is Martin, primarily because of that look of defiance on his face (the pic of Martin on the Martin the Warrior character page of Redwall.tv), and Martin's patience being tested a few times such as when meeting the Gawtrybe. Seems he promises to slay those who annoy him. I also liked him in The Legend of Luke for the fancy act with his sword and the jokes between him and Gonff.

Windpaw Rockfoot III
June 27th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I loved that Sun-thingummy character in The Outcast of Redwall! He's such a peace-loving creature, yet he is very powerful with that blinkin' mace of his!

Sagrived Switpaw
June 27th, 2005, 10:38 PM
(Sunstripe the mace) Might just be the name your looking for old chap.

Male, Major Perigold (if he counts)
Female, Dotti with out doubt (close second Grath Longfletch)

Goddess of Darkness
June 28th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Actually, I believe it's Sunflash.

Badrang3
June 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Favorite main character, huh? I'd have to say Urthstripe.

Badrang3
June 29th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Nuts. I forgot to say Badrang as well as Urthstripe, but I can't do the editing thing now, so I'll just leave this here.

Warrier
June 29th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Martin the Warrior,Matthias,Feldoh,gonff,Log-a-Log
P.S.in order of favoritizm

Felldoh
June 29th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Feldoh

:D I'm liking you already.

Folgrimeo
June 29th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Nuts. I forgot to say Badrang as well as Urthstripe, but I can't do the editing thing now, so I'll just leave this here.
Badrang's a main character? If so, I'd change my vote to Badrang because I really liked his interactions with Clogg.

Although my vote would have been Blaggut from The Bellmaker if he was a main character.

Asmodeus
June 30th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Asmodussssssssssssssss(and any Adder) and THE SPARROWS!!!!!! I like Adders because...Welllll...ok, JUST C MY SIG!!!!!!!! I like the sparrows because they can fly, they r fierce, and their good companions.(Matthias found that out)

Urthstripe
July 8th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Sunflash! He rules and is the son of bella so Bella rules too.

Barkstripe
July 8th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Don't you like URthstripe?

Josiah the Warrior
July 10th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Tsarmina, Ferahgo and Zigu.

Orlando The Axe911
July 10th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Mine is well I don't know if you consider Orlando the axe one but I do he is the coolest badger in all of redwall!

Storm Swiftblade
July 15th, 2005, 07:42 PM
My favorite characters were Romsca, Blaggut, and Mariel.

Alliriyan
July 16th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Who is Orlando the Axe??? I don't remember him.

Uh, tough choice? mmmmmm...
I like nearly all the characters in Marlfox. Cool baddies include Slagar (who had a brain!) and Gabool (Insane from the start).

Cool goodies: Where do I start? Song and Dann, Mariel and Dandin, Luke and Ranguvar, Martin and Rose and Gonff...

I think they're best when they have a decent, equal, independant sidekick...makes it less 'I am all-powerful! I smite ye vermin down, singlepawedly thus, yea mightily with my blade!'

And Doogy Plumm wasn't the best ever, but I liked the accent and the Sgian Dhu, so what can I say? I'm half Scottish anyway...(Can't do the accent to save my life though :( )

Yeah...I think I'm done...eheh. :rolleyes:

Badrang3
July 17th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Orlando the Axe was the badger in Mattimeo who travled with Matthias to find his daughter Auma.

Fenglaz the Cannibal
July 17th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Is a villain a main character? It is, in a way, isn't it? But my favorite good guy is probably Luke, or Dotti.

Storm Swiftblade
July 17th, 2005, 12:44 PM
My favorite villan is probably Swartt Sixclaw. He was pretty cool. So was Shard, even though he was a minor character. Sometimes I end up liking minor characters better than main characters.

Badrang3
July 17th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I think in most cases the villian can be counted as a major character, since ccharacters that are deemed major usually have some great influence on the plot of the story, and the story really doesn't go anywhere without a villian.

Fenglaz the Cannibal
July 17th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Then my all-time favorite character is Ungatt Trunn, because he's so crazy. Ungatt! Trunn Trunn Trunn!

Alliriyan
July 18th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Now let's have a warlord whose battle cry is Oggy oggy oggy! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Darson the Warrior
July 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM
My favorite main characters are Matthias, Basil, Sam, Martin, and tons of others that I can't think about right now.

Blaidd
January 14th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I like Cluny, for some strange reason only i know.

Goddess of Darkness
January 14th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Hey, he's my favorite character too! :D *gives you a hug and a cookie*

Ferdy and Coggs
January 14th, 2006, 02:20 PM
The hare that also was a stag. I think he was named Basil...
a retired foot-fighter/boxer or something like that...
He was really cool.:D

Goddess of Darkness
January 14th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Also, this thread is over 2 months old, so you probably should have just created a new one. I don't really know....someone wiser and more experienced, come help me! I don't really feel like I know what I'm talking about here....*dies*

RockJaw_Grang
January 14th, 2006, 06:37 PM
The rule is six months but he probably should have started a new one any way.

Bagira_GoldenPlume
May 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
My favorite heroes are :
Mariel,
Matthias the Warrior, and
Triss

Lord Thunderpaw
May 27th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I don't think you should have posted in here; this thread is like two years old.