PDA

View Full Version : Corsairs or Vermin: A choice

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 03:28 PM
If you had to choose, which would ye be?

Felldoh
June 16th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I'd be a Corsair, 'cause Corsairs rock. Cool word too.

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 03:31 PM
sry to double post

BTW yall do know choice three is a joke right?

Cheesethief
June 16th, 2004, 03:48 PM
i put trout. the easy life.:D

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 04:30 PM
somehow, knowing you, cheesetheif, that doesn't surprise me:p

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM
who else voted trout?

Cheesethief
June 16th, 2004, 04:34 PM
offence taken, yeh.;) nah, trout are cool, just DONT EAT THE HOOK!

Element_man
June 16th, 2004, 05:58 PM
In the world of Redwall, wouldn't vermin and Corsairs generally fall under the same catagory? Vermin is usually defined as rats, stoats, etc, and corsairs are also made up of those creatures.

Foremole
June 16th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Corsairs are awesome, that's the life matey:D.

Delhome
June 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Element_man
In the world of Redwall, wouldn't vermin and Corsairs generally fall under the same catagory? Vermin is usually defined as rats, stoats, etc, and corsairs are also made up of those creatures.

That is an offese sah, I ain't no land lubber vermin, I'm a corsair fox!

Rillflag27
June 16th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Vermin!!! Landlubbers!!!! WHOO!!!! YEAH!!!! PARTY!!!!!! IN THE FORTRESS!!!!! WHICH ISN'T ON A BOAT!!!!! BUT ON DRY LAND!!!! YAYAY!!!!

What? I'm the only land lover here?

Element_man
June 16th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Delhome
That is an offese sah, I ain't no land lubber vermin, I'm a corsair fox! So I'm assuming that when people say 'vermin' in the world of Redwall, they mean a land-dwelling creature?

Doesn't make much sense, if you ask me.

Firehound
June 17th, 2004, 11:49 AM
aye ye get the idea

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 20th, 2004, 10:57 PM
To make this all clear for you Element_man I will explain the whole thing to you. Vermin are bad creatures like rats, stoats, ferrets, weasels, foxes, so on and so on. Even coarsairs are called vermin, but to tell pirate verimin apart from regular vermin, they are called coarsairs. So although coarsairs are vermin, to make things easier for the reader and voter Delhome decided to distinguise the pirate vermin in this thread as coarsairs, like they are usually called, and the rest of the vermin, who obviously aren't coarsairs since coarsairs are already listed, are to be assumed as land vermin. My explanation seems complicated. I hope you understand it.

Element_man
June 20th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah, that works. I always thought that Vermin was the whole 'evil' creatures thing, and corsairs wer just just another fancy term for pirate.

Element_man
June 20th, 2004, 11:18 PM
[edit] Sorry, double post.

LadyBeelze
June 21st, 2004, 12:02 AM
Vermin, as much as i love to be on boats, i wouldn't want to be on one a whole lot.

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 02:07 PM
corsairs are from something like the french for pirate. same with freebooters and buccaneers, all pirate slang.

Element_man
June 21st, 2004, 03:00 PM
You can't forget swashbucklers! =D

Felldoh
June 21st, 2004, 03:23 PM
Corsair just sounds so much cooler than pirate.

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 05:53 PM
Corsair. The term refers to pirates or privateers who operated in the Mediterranean. The most recognized corsairs were from the Barbary Coast of North Africa (European crusaders named their Muslim enemies “Barbary Corsairs”).

A privateer was a pirate who by commission or letter of marque from the government was authorized to seize or destroy a merchant vessel of another nation. The privateer was used as a cheap means of weakening the enemy by frequenting shipping routes (avoiding the costs related to the maintenance and creation of a navy).

Initially hunter’s of cattle and pigs on the Island of what is now known as Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The Buccaneers got their name from the meaning of the French word "boucan" (which means barbecue), as they were frequently seen barbecuing their meat on grills (they learned this form of cooking from the Arawak Indians).
hah!

Delhome
June 22nd, 2004, 10:55 AM
I made a mistake that i just now noticed, (yes i'm slow) I also ment to put Freebooters on there.

granola woodsworth
June 22nd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Trout all the way!! :lol:

Cheesethief
June 23rd, 2004, 08:25 AM
freebooters- another slang, for pirates who liked to have fun.

Go granola! trout are the best!

Delhome
June 23rd, 2004, 11:13 AM
Freebooting is the life for me!!! Plugg Firetail is the coolest fox ever!!!!!

Petunia
August 24th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I would like to be a freebooter, which is kind of like a corsair. I mean, they're both pirates.

Janglur Swifteye
August 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM
If I was one? I would be a Land-luber. I don't care what others think of me, but I like the simple life of raiding in land........Killing and plundering small towns...........stealing......eating what we steal....Ah that feels good!. Besides the ocean scares me. If its not a pool and it has water im staying away from it!

<LongPatrolman89>
August 25th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Id be a land raider and the nretreat back to my ship so liek corsair.

Truffen
August 29th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Trout, I wan't to be a trout!:)

<LongPatrolman89>
August 29th, 2007, 07:19 PM
A fish but your limited to the rivers that would not be fun and you wouldn't be able to have a sword :(

Truffen
August 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM
A fish but your limited to the rivers that would not be fun and you wouldn't be able to have a sword :(

Who cares? Your still trout, just think theirs rivers, lakes, ponds, and don't forget springs! Trout to me seems the way to go when compared to corsairs and vermin.

Sagrived Switpaw
August 29th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Not to prolong old topics, but I'd choose vermin. (I only fish for trout)

<LongPatrolman89>
August 29th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Alright but an otter could to. but there not vermin though.
*Suden Realization*