PDA

View Full Version : Mariel error

LordTBT
June 16th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Just wanted to show it to the people who havent seen it or cant

Youll note Gabool has a pistol

http://www.longpatrolclub.com/images/misc/mariel.jpg

Notice the tatteredness of the paperback. Thats from extreme reading. Which is why I now invest in hardback lol

Martin the Warrior
June 16th, 2004, 10:49 PM
::replaces the 580 KB png with a 34 KB jpg and walks off muttering about people never compressing their own images::

That cover was drawn by Thomas Canty, by the way.

Rillflag27
June 16th, 2004, 11:02 PM
I knew that!! I thought of bringing it up many times but I never bothered too......

Cheesethief
June 17th, 2004, 12:13 PM
yeh, i have a copy of redwall older than that but it is in pristine condition. i couldnt see the mistake at first but...and the jolly roger all over the shop...what a mess. but its collectible. and 55 dollars or quid. *whistle* im selling my first edition redwall now! (not really. its precioussssssss...)

Felldoh
June 17th, 2004, 03:35 PM
You just gotta wonder what the artist was thinking when he drew that...

Element_man
June 17th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I can't see the pistol. Where is it?

LadyBeelze
June 17th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Intresting, i never noticed that but i was more intrested in what was inside than the illistrations on the covers.

Element Man, the pistol is on his belt. :)

Senav
June 17th, 2004, 06:40 PM
This is a good example as to why you should not use hallucinatory drugs while drawing.
Seriously, that is the weirdest version of Gabool I've ever seen. He has crocodile teeth!

By the way, Lady Beezle? You sig rocks. Muchly.

LordTBT
June 18th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Element_man
I can't see the pistol. Where is it?

You must be joking, or completely blind.

Either way:

http://www.freewebz.com/souleata/pistol.jpg

Furrtil
June 18th, 2004, 12:47 PM
It's too bad that the second picture doesn't show up, because I'm completely blind, too. I don't see the pistol...

LordTBT
June 18th, 2004, 01:47 PM
something must be wrong with the forums.

http://www.freewebz.com/souleata/pistol.jpg

Theres the second picture. Look at that one, than look at the big one. Or more specifically, look at Gabool(the big rat in the picture)'s belt.

ITS A HUGE GUN. It's right in your face. I dont see how you can miss it, it pops off the cover. This is ridiculous, and when you spot it I hope you feel very stupid.

Element_man
June 18th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I thought that the thing protruding form his belt was a bone of some kind, based on the bottom of it. I just managed to notice the handle of the gun.

Of course, I'm farsighted.

Furrtil
June 18th, 2004, 10:24 PM
I saw that, and thought that it had to be the pistol, but couldn't imagine for the life of me why a pistol would look like a bone. I guess the handle blended in....

I was staring at that "bone" for so long, trying to find the handle. *chuckles* I finally did.

LordTBT
June 18th, 2004, 10:30 PM
a bone with a handle and a trigger? The thing at the end is the sight of the pistol.

Element_man
June 18th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by LordTBT
a bone with a handle and a trigger? The thing at the end is the sight of the pistol. Did you even read all of my post? :rolleyes:

Cheesethief
June 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM
the snaggly teeth are his beard.;)

Senav
June 19th, 2004, 07:08 PM
The beard is the bushy thing sticking out front. The snaggly white things are his teeth. I can see them.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 20th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Lord TBT

Notice the tatteredness of the paperback. Thats from extreme reading. Which is why I now invest in hardback lol

Is that your book TBT? Or did you just find that at some library or in a freinds bookcase? Or better yet, at a garage sale?

LordTBT
June 20th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Cinnabarr Rivershell
Originally posted by Lord TBT

Is that your book TBT? Or did you just find that at some library or in a freinds bookcase? Or better yet, at a garage sale?

It is mine. I purchased it brand new at Borders years ago.

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 02:05 PM
yeh i noticed it was borders. it has the label on the back. i always peel them off.:lol:

LordTBT
June 21st, 2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief
yeh i noticed it was borders. it has the label on the back. i always peel them off.:lol:

well me too, but since it was a paperback i didnt want to risk destroying the cover.

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 05:43 PM
mm. i got redwall from a charity shop. cheap as chips, but a real gem in between all the well-thumbed wilbur smiths etc.