PDA

View Full Version : If the Redwall characters were students

Mariel StormRider
June 21st, 2004, 12:24 AM
Okay, this is just an interesting train of thought I had. If the Redwall characters were all students (or teachers/staff members) of a junior high or high school, how do you think they would fit in socially and what kind of student/person/social grouping do you think they'd be?

Martin- I think Martin would be the guy everyone admires, maybe the class or student body president. He's pretty good at getting on well with people, and I think he's friendly enough that he'd be the popular guy of the class. Under that cover, he'd be hiding his angst and inner-conflicts....well, that's how I always saw him.

Mariel- She'd be the tomboy, the one girl skateboarder amoung all the boys, and so on. She'd probably be the type of girl who's original and fiesty. Maybe partially punk, but not totally (kind of like me, except I'm not punk)

Song- the perfect student, and the popular, but in a nice way, not a controlling way. I think she'd be the type of girl everyone just feels comfortable talking to and hanging out with, and who people look up to. I can also totally see her as a 4.0 student:) (one of my friends is just like that, so in a way, I see Song Swifteye in her:) )

Grath- probably the quiet, a little gothic, and angry kid sitting in the corner. I think the whole revenge thing really affected her like that and she'd be the type of person who blocks everyone out but her good friends.

So what does everyone else think. this just became a really strange train of though for me. btw, we're talking personality here, not appearence, so don't worry about trying to fit Brittish wildlife into a classroom

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 01:12 PM
well...

lonna-the big guy who's good at sport but sits on his own at lunch and doesnt say much in class but has good grades and gets on with all the teachers. and who goes mad every once in a while and punches someone.

Grath
June 21st, 2004, 01:59 PM
One character that I think would be an interesting student would be Viola. She would be considered the prissy knowitall who usually complains about what everyone else is doing and would never join anybody in anything.

Also Arven would be the class clown, getting into trouble and writing on the chalkboard "I will not lead anyone on a blizzard search"
:lol:

Cheesethief
June 21st, 2004, 04:45 PM
vitch is the little guy who sits with all the big guys, reckoning hes hard as nails. jumps about all the time and screams a lot. hah, yeh, just like my school.

Mariel StormRider
June 21st, 2004, 04:56 PM
Celedine would be the prissy girl totally obsessed with gossip and makeup, and so on. She'd probably be the airhead sterotype who is a flirter and gossip queen

Mariel StormRider
June 21st, 2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Grath
One character that I think would be an interesting student would be Viola. She would be considered the prissy knowitall who usually complains about what everyone else is doing and would never join anybody in anything.

Sorry to double-post!!! Adding on to that, I think Viola would be the teacher's pet, suck-up, and crybaby that everyone dislikes. Face it. Most of us have probably encountered students like that before.

Senav
June 21st, 2004, 05:45 PM
Hey man, some of us enjoy being teachers pet:p They're certainly more interesting to talk to than the fellow students (at least at my school).
Anywho, I think Felldoh would be the loner type. He sits alone, doesn't talk to anybody, and he probably doesn't care much about his grades. And despite all that lovely negative attitude, the girls are all over him. How strange.

Slagar the Cruel
June 21st, 2004, 07:21 PM
Hmm... this thread reminds me of the cancelled TV show "Clone High", in that both are attempts to match pre-established personalities (historical figures or, in this case, Redwall characters) with high school archetypes.

Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Perhaps Kurda would be the foreign exchange student? ;)

Rillflag27
June 21st, 2004, 08:42 PM
Rillflag - The cool man. Oh yeah. ;)

Abbot - The teacher.

Well, that's all I can think of. :)

Mariel StormRider
June 21st, 2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Senav
Hey man, some of us enjoy being teachers pet:p They're certainly more interesting to talk to than the fellow students (at least at my school).
Anywho, I think Felldoh would be the loner type. He sits alone, doesn't talk to anybody, and he probably doesn't care much about his grades. And despite all that lovely negative attitude, the girls are all over him. How strange.

I don't mean *just* the teacher's pet, I mean the type of teacher's pet who thinks they're better than everyone else but really isn't. (Of course there *can* be some that are actually entitled to thinking that)

rowanoak
June 22nd, 2004, 08:33 AM
Rose: would probably be considered the class beauty, though she is not stuck up about it, talented and admired by her peers.

Mattimeo: would be the class mischiefmaker, but otherwise friendly and well liked.

Nora the Rover
June 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Jukka the Sling - She'd probably be that tough punkish girl in debate who constantly starts arguments for no particular reason.

Dotti - That weird girl in chorus who thinks she can sing...

Russano - The easygoing guy on the baseball team that everyone likes. He might be a little quiet, but he doesn't have a big ego, and he always has good advice.

Skipper - The outgoing guy who likes to have a good time. He can be serious when he wants to, but he also always seems to have a rougish disposition.

Dandin - Just the average kid, probably a skater. He might be a little rebellious, but he will fight for whatever's right.

Saxtus - The sort of geeky computer-nerd who is a little shy. He's usually one of those people that spend their whole lunch hour in the library.

I'll probably think of some more later...

Mariel StormRider
June 23rd, 2004, 12:39 AM
Shogg- the 100% loyal friend, the type who always gives you homework help before class, who will save a seat for you durring lunch, and who will defend you in arguments:)

Hey, somtimes I wish I had a friend like that

Oh, and I like the thought of Dandin being a skater...preferably a skateboarder. :) He and Mariel could be skateboarders together:D

Cheesethief
June 23rd, 2004, 07:44 AM
skating? well, i do that. not that im much good. i mean i can ollie, go off halfpipes kickplip, grind on occasion etc but im not even a semidemi pro.

Mariel StormRider
June 29th, 2004, 04:42 PM
um...when I said that I thought Celedine was going to be the gossip queen and flirter, I want to clarify that i don't picture her as a mean, dangerous-to-cross, popular, student. Instead-sorry for this analogy- but I picture her as a stereotypical "dumb blonde' (sorry blondes, I don't really even agree with that stereotype and I know a lot of really smart blondes) but anyways,I think Celedine is the girl who's weak and vain with bad grades cuz she doesn't care about anything beyond that. (Kind of like the robotized women in Stepford Wives)

On that note, I think Tarsmina would be the powerful, class-dominating popular girl who controls the gossip and rumors and the one that everyone secretly hates but fears. (We have one in our class and she's a jerk) Or, if not Tarsmina, Lantur would definately be that type of student

Senav
June 30th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Why do I suddenly picture Tsarmina as the class dominating UN-popular girl? She could be the one at the top of the student council, bossing everyone around. She never really seemed to be the gossipy sort. More like "Gimme your notes or SUFFER".

Mariel StormRider
June 30th, 2004, 08:38 PM
lol...yeah...you're right. Now Lantur...there's a gossip queen

Cheesethief
July 2nd, 2004, 03:42 PM
erm... martin is the sporty guy who stands up for people. but he reads a lot.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 2nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
Cregga would be the blind kid. :lol:

I hope I haven't offended any blind people! :(

Mariel StormRider
July 3rd, 2004, 01:55 AM
you know what? in order to not rise up arguments over the spoiler issue...i'm just going to put this whole post into a spoiler tag. You can never be too carful these days ;)

If we're talking bout Cregga after Long Patrol, then yeah...but she should be the blind teacher.(like the one we have) before Long Patrol...she'd be the crazy athelete who's outraged that the team was beaten by their rival school...or maybe even the crazy gym teacher or coach?

Cheesethief
July 3rd, 2004, 10:24 AM
thanks stormy. :)

and cinn, i think the lol smilie (sp?) after the message was unneccessary.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 3rd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief

and cinn, i think the lol smilie (sp?) after the message was unneccessary.

I see what you mean Cheese. I shouldn't be laughing about that. Again, I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

Cheesethief
July 4th, 2004, 10:16 AM
hmm. thanks for apologising. :D just sticking up for brians mates at the royal blind school and those i see all the time outside the royal school for the blind in edinburgh.

Slagar the Cruel
July 4th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Cregga would be the blind kid. :lol:

I hope I haven't offended any blind people! :(
Don't worry, I doubt any blind people are going to read that.

Cheesethief
July 4th, 2004, 02:21 PM
ill bet you were tempted to use a smilie there...

gruven=bully.

Mariel StormRider
July 5th, 2004, 11:37 AM
thanks stormy. :)

:D Hey, no problem

Felldoh
July 7th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I'd imagine the Marlfox children to be the snobby group of rich kids that act like they are all that and that everyone should bow down to them.

Goddess of Darkness
July 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Um...would anyone be a ((stupid labels)) goth? ????, I feel alone.... :(

Goddess of Darkness
July 8th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Oops...I need to cut back on the cursing a bit......

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 8th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Cursing? I didn't see any cursing in your post.

The Red Badger
July 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM
That's because it was filtered. Filtered words show up as question marks. The four question marks in her post were originally a curse word. So, yeah, Goddess, you need to cut back. :cool:

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 8th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Oh, I thouhgt she was asking a question and added a lot of question marks.
You see, everybody I learned something new today, so why should I go to school, when the Long Partol Forums can teach me instead.

The Red Badger
July 8th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Because the things we teach you you won't get paid for. :redsy

Mariel StormRider
July 9th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Um...would anyone be a ((stupid labels)) goth? ????, I feel alone.... :(

Grath might be a little gothic...but I've seen many people describe goths differently. How would you describe a goth? :confused:

Goddess of Darkness
July 20th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I don't mean the stereotype "goth" as in someone that's always really depressed and wears a black cloak...People call me a "goth" all the time because of how I look and dress(Hot Topic is a kick-??? store), my violent sense of humor, my taste in music, and my rather dark/morbid taste in books and movies. And sometimes people call me a "goth wannabe" (strange, 'cause I'm constantly telling them I'm not a "goth", I'm me)because I'm not all suicidal like they imagine "goth"s to be, and I have friends and laugh a lot. I mean someone different (anti-"in-crowd"), maybe in a morbid kind of way. I probably haven't explained this very well, but I at least tried, and that counts for something, right? :D

P.S. I got my pet rats today! They're both albinos, and they're both females, so I named them Morgen (means morning, how pretty:D) and Eowyn.

Mariel StormRider
July 23rd, 2004, 05:11 PM
YOU NAMED YOUR PET RAT EOWYN!?! YOU'RE OFFICIALLY MY NEW HERO :D Thanks for the explanation of what a goth is...i was always afraid I'd accidently offend someone since all my friends give me different opinions of the defenition of a goth. Well, thanks for clearing that up, I guess that would make Grath a little gothic due to her

thing for revenge