PDA

View Full Version : Missing books

Trowbaggs
June 30th, 2004, 07:40 PM
I was wondering. If you could pick a story that's been mentioned in the Redwall books but hasn't actually been made into a novel what would it be. Personally I would like the life story of Barkstripe. How he met Bella and how he died.

Felldoh
June 30th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Interesting topic. I'd like a story that expanded the pasts of Janglur Swifteye and Russa Nodrey.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
June 30th, 2004, 10:43 PM
I'd like to read a story about Lord Urthwyte, brother of Lord Urthstipe from Salamandastron After the end of that book, he was never ever mentioned again. He seemed so cool too.

LordTBT
July 1st, 2004, 02:36 PM
I'd like a story about life at Loamhedge Abbey :mad:

Cheesethief
July 2nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
I'd like to read a story about Lord Urthwyte, brother of Lord Urthstipe from Salamandastron After the end of that book, he was never ever mentioned again. He seemed so cool too.
the white ghost in...marlfox i think.
i would like to hear of martin's travels from noonvale.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 2nd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Cheesethief

the white ghost in...marlfox i think.
Urthwyte was the ghost in Salamandastron and Lantur was the ghost in Marlfox

Trowbaggs
July 2nd, 2004, 05:57 PM
I also think it would be neat to read a story about one of the ancient badger lords. Before Brocktree.

LadyBeelze
July 2nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
I want a book on bluestripe! But i guess not every badger lord/lady needs to be told about. Hrmph. Whatever BJ writes about i'm okay with (mostly). :)

Cheesethief
July 3rd, 2004, 05:02 AM
yeah, id love that old badger stuff!

and cinn...Marlfox, UK paperback page 80, Chapter 7:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Ellayo stroked the smooth top of her blackthorn stick.
'Hmm, Marlfoxes, now let me see. When I was a maid, young as Song here, my father told me of a secret island at the centre of a great lake somewhere. Foxes had discovered the island and claimed it for their own - of course, that was after the lake monster was slain and the white ghost left the island...'
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Delhome
July 3rd, 2004, 09:12 AM
I think it would be neat to have a story told from Plugg Firetail's POV, just as long as it didn't turn into something like the Outcast of Redwall.

Cheesethief
July 3rd, 2004, 10:27 AM
plugg was, and always will be, a minor character. no matter how good he was, he was second in villainy to kurda.

granola woodsworth
July 3rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
I also think it would be neat to read a story about one of the ancient badger lords. Before Brocktree.

That would be really cool. I wouldn't mind if he did Bluestripe the Wild, Lady Sable Brock, Spearlady Gorse, Urthrun the Gripper, or Ceteruler the Wise...

A book on life at Loamhedge Abbey before the illness would be greatly appreciated, but I don't think that it will happen. :(

Lyrian Aryns
July 3rd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Cheese: that passage is referring to the white ghost that appeared in Salamandastron. It's the same lake and island in both books.

As for the actual topic at hand... I used to really want BJ to fill in that whole gap between Sala and Redwall, but now I really don't care that much. I dunno, a lot of stuff that sounds kinda cool tends to overlap books that have already been written, which BJ tends not to do. So. *shrug*

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 3rd, 2004, 04:35 PM
I understand what you are saying, Cheese. You meant that the ghost that he was talking about was Urthwyte

I understand ya perfectly now.

Cheesethief
July 4th, 2004, 10:14 AM
thanks cinn, lyrian doesnt get it. *sigh*
hey, the old writing is back! yuay!
i dont think the loamhedge book will happen either.
and the sala/rw gap...yeh, i suppose that was a long time actually...

Grath
July 6th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I think it would be interesting to read a story that happened a little before Salamandastron like how Mara ended up with Urthstripe and how Urthstripe became a badger lord. Also a story between Salamandastron and Redwall would be interesting.

Glenner
July 9th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Where do I begin? Theres scads and scads of wonderful backstories BJ could write about. One I would love to read about is Verdauga first occupying Kotir. I don't know why, but ever since I read Mossflower this character has captivated me, even for the short 4 chapters he was alive in.
I'd also love to read about his father, Mortspear.

Reading about the ancient badger rulers, Spearlady Gorse, Bluestripe the Wild and Ceteruler the Wise would be fascinating , but at the same time its the mystery that surrounds that makes them so attractive, so it wouldn't exactly be a crime if BJ left them untouched.

Cheesethief
July 9th, 2004, 12:24 PM
hey rillflag, check snowfurs fanfic on redwall.org. cos its the closest youll get mate.

Chelki Sureshot
July 13th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I wan't something about when Redwall was first being built. I really want another Martin story. Mariel and Dandin's Adventures would be fun, too.

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 06:18 AM
dried up, the latter are. but i would like a quarry story.

Lonna Bowstripe
July 18th, 2004, 10:02 PM
hey rillflag, check snowfurs fanfic on redwall.org. cos its the closest youll get mate.

Actully, Snowfur's Redwall Encyclopedia is http://www.sullivanet.com/redwall (http://)

Lonna Bowstripe
July 18th, 2004, 10:06 PM
er, my bad, i clicked on my link and it didn't open, but if you go on redwall.org and click on Snowfur's Redwall Encycloedia, it says the address is sullivanet.com/redwall :confused:

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 18th, 2004, 10:12 PM
I've got a ryhme for you Lonna.

What starts with "e"
But ends with "t"
And when you take "di di"
And subtract one of the "di's"
And place the remaning "di"
Between the "e" and the "t"
What do you get?

:D I just get more creative every time! I love doing this!!

Lonna Bowstripe
July 18th, 2004, 10:21 PM
If the link doesn't work, than it defeats the whole purpose of the reply. I clicked on edit and tried to delete it, but i couldn't. I'm new. So how do you delete it?

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 18th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Well, if you clicked on the "edit" button and you tried to delete it and it didn't work then it's not your fault. At least you tried. There must be something wrong with the "edit" option or something. Whatever. I don't mind if you double post, I just love making rhymes about the word "edit!" It's a lot of fun! *everyone on the thread stares at him* It is fun. Stop looking at me that way!

Lyrian Aryns
July 18th, 2004, 11:19 PM
When you clicked on the "insert link" button, I think you entered the web address in the first box that pops up, instead of the second, Lonna. That first box is asking for text to be displayed (as in click here (http://www.sullivanet.com/redwall)), while the second box is for the actual address, which the thingy refers to as the URL.

In any case, (if that made no sense ;)) you can type just the URL into your post without clicking any buttons, and the forum automatically turns it into a link for you.

As for deleting posts, only moderators can do that.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled books discussion...

Abbess Sinister
August 7th, 2004, 10:01 PM
All the mention for the need to hear about badger lord/ladies from decades past is great, but one was not brought up. What about the Lord of the Western Plain, Orlando the Axe. It is assumed bu most that "went to Salamandastron to die" means that he became Badger Lord, but no one is 100% sure. We need to know for sure. Is Orlando the only badger in the entire series who's fate no one is really certain of? Will someone please put an end to the mystery?

Fox Mcloud
August 18th, 2004, 10:44 AM
I would like to see a story of Sarengo's voyage. Oh and more about the Marlfoxes and Song and Dann.

Chelki Sureshot
August 18th, 2004, 11:33 AM
i would like to hear of martin's travels from noonvale.Me too. That would be way cool.

Summerstar
August 19th, 2004, 08:55 PM
what really drives me nuts is how did Urthstripe get to Sala... and Urthwyte get to the island. And was Mara a good Badgermum? oh, who the 'ecky is Spearlady Gorse. One last thing, more Sparra, please!!!

Goddess of Darkness
August 19th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Yes, I think we need a book (or books :D) between Salamandastron and Redwall. And of course, I would like some information about the past of my favorite character, Cluny the Scourge, but that's not gonna happen....*sniff* :(

P.S.: Spearlady Gorse is one of the rulers of Salamandastron before Brocktree.

Lonna Bowstripe
August 20th, 2004, 01:24 PM
I'd like a book about when Lonna gets to Salamondastron.

Ferahgo the Assassin
August 20th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I would love a book more about my favorite character, you guessed it, Ferahgo. Not necessarily revolving around him, but the events of pre-Salamandastron. More about the parents of Urthstripe and his brother Urthwyte, perhaps how they met, and why the father badger wasn't ruling Salamandastron. I'd love to know more about Ferahgo's past, what happened to Klitch's mother, how he grew to be a warlord. And, of course, more about Mara. Where'd she come from, etc. etc.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 20th, 2004, 05:28 PM
I think it would be cool to know about the original forging of the fabled sword of Martin, and Luke's father and grandfather.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 20th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I think it would be cool to know about the original forging of the fabled sword of Martin

Wasn't that already covered in Mossflower

Ferahgo the Assassin
August 20th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Or does Akkess mean the very original forging, before the sword was passed down through Luke's grandfather?

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 20th, 2004, 11:59 PM
But Luke's sword is not the "fabled sword of Martin." The hilt is, but the actual blade, which was forged like a regular sword was not fabled. The Fabled blade was when Martin went to Salamandastron and Boar the Fighter forged him an indestructible blade made out of a metal that had fallen from the sky. Luke's blade wasn't fabled at all really.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 21st, 2004, 01:29 AM
I meant what Feragho said.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 03:26 PM
if a sala/redwall book was done, it would be great if cheesethief got a cameo as a little kid or something. maybe with a different name, something only the hardcore would spot. that would be way good.

Trowbaggs
August 24th, 2004, 08:24 PM
That would be funny. An entire book just about vermin.