PDA

View Full Version : Memorable Quotes

Rolinko
July 8th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Hello, I知 Rolinko, and some time ago I added a pair of dialogue bits to the IMDB痴 Memorable Quotes category for Redwall. I hope you値l have a look:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200369/quotes
More quotes are in the works; I hope you like what you see.

Furrtil
July 9th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the forums, Rolinko! *laughs* You had some pretty good quotes in there. I haven't seen the TV show, but maybe you could add in the part where Basil is beating up the rats --

"Blast, he's as slippery as a greased pig!"
"Some of my best friends were greased pigs, bottlenose!"

:D

Cheesethief
July 9th, 2004, 12:11 PM
hey!
i thought the "nyahnanyahnana" from the voles to cluny was a good one too.

LordTBT
July 9th, 2004, 12:39 PM
But the ironic part is these quotes actually come from the book, not the tv series.

Rolinko
July 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM
But the ironic part is these quotes actually come from the book, not the tv series.
I correct thee, my good badgerlord. While the dialogue is indeed derived from the text of the novel, I took the quotes word for word from the TV episodes from whence they came and in fact they are definitely not identical to what can be found in the book.
Unless, of course, you already knew all of this, and I simply misunderstood your message, in which case I beg your pardon.
The funny thing is, the fact that I chose two quotes that have direct bearing in the original text simply proves what an exceptional writer Brian Jacques is.

Lord Servone
July 9th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Perhaps he was referring to the posts made in repsonse to you...of course, Lord TBT isn't Stephen Hawkins so I don't need to speak for him. I know for certain those two Basil quotes are in the tv show, in fact because I saw the episodes not too recently...

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 10th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Yo Yo Ro! Welcome to the good ole' Long Patro!!! Nice quotes, and nice avatar.

LordTBT
July 10th, 2004, 02:13 AM
While the dialogue is indeed derived from the text of the novel,

thats what I was getting at.

Felldoh
July 10th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Some good quotes. I'm thinking of adding some... namly Cluny's "Why arn't you climbing/digging/ect".

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 05:51 AM
i could grow to like rolinko, :D ... brian is a great author. i wanted to see him at the edinburgh book festival but i remembered he comes every two years and he came last year. so im seeing darren shan instead.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 18th, 2004, 09:48 PM
i could grow to like rolinko
You might be able to grow to like him if he ever comes back. YO! RO! Where are YO!

Cheesethief
July 19th, 2004, 01:25 PM
alas, story of the forums life..as they say, people with nice names come and go, but the boring ones among us live on.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 20th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Yeah. Rolinko was such a cool name. Any guest reading this post that wants to become a member. I know you're out there! Don't pretend that I don't see you! If you want to become a member and are having trouble with making a usuer name, then may I suggest the usser name Rolinko 2

Cheesethief
July 20th, 2004, 06:30 AM
ar, but then wed have a Cheesethief2 and a Cinnabarr2. which, i suppose, will happen someday. the forums are getting more and more popular.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 21st, 2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by ME

Any guest reading this post that wants to become a member. I know you're out there! Don't pretend that I don't see you! If you want to become a member and are having trouble with making a usuer name, then may I suggest the usser name Rolinko 2
Belay that guests of the Long Patrol Club.

Cheesethief
July 21st, 2004, 02:30 PM
belay? surely thats a method of pulling rope?

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 21st, 2004, 07:46 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=belay
v. intr.

v. tr.

1. Nautical. To secure or make fast (a rope, for example) by winding on a cleat or pin.
2. To secure (a mountain climber, for example) at the end of a length of rope.
3. To cause to stop.

v. intr.

1. To be made secure.
2. Used in the imperative as an order to stop: Belay there!

So there you have it Cheese. You now know that one word can have many meanings. Our next lesson will be on transitive and intrasitive verbs.

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 05:45 AM
yes, i know. those words are ambiguous which means they have more than one meaning. the most ambiguous word in english language is "put". i was winding you up. :D

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 22nd, 2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you were. :rolleyes:

Cheesethief
July 23rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
hmm. yeh, i mean, everyones seen a pirate film havent they?
"belay me hearties, avast! boggle me bilgeslops and me barnacles!"

rowanoak
July 27th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Back on topic, I wonder what quotes Rolinko, or anyone else, will post on the IMDB for "Mattimeo" or "Martin the Warrior." For "Matin the Warror" I liked Rose's line about how Badrang was going to "feel it" if Matin or Brome got hurt, and for "Mattimeo" I liked Mattimeo's "You should have killed me..." speech. That speech was important, IMO, and Micheal Seater deleved it really well.

Rolinko
August 24th, 2004, 02:34 PM
How do I delete a post?

Rolinko
August 24th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Sorry I kept you all waiting!
I just attempted to make some major changes to the quotes for Redwall. I actually requested that the first four quotes posted (not by me, mind you) be removed, as they seemed somewhat lacking in standards. I hope some of you agree. I then added four new quotes of my own. IMDB hasn't made the changes as of today, so keep your fingers crossed. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who provided the voice of Wild Ivy? (That's a clue to the content of one of the quotes)
Unfortunately, it will be quite some time before I can add quotes to Mattimeo's site. Alas, no episode of Redwall has been seen in my area since <sob> 2001. I own the DVDs for season 1, and a friend of the family sent me the last half of season 3 (which never came to my area) on tape from where the series IS being shown (but I lent it to a friend who can't find it), but it has been nearly 3 years since I saw an ep of Matti, my favorite of the three seasons so far.
Nice to see you guys. :)
As always, the site is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200369/quotes.
Check to see if you missed any.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 02:49 PM
hi rolinko! again!
anyways, there was a line in martin the warrior by crosstooth that was good...it was the sequence when two sentries were on the wall, drunk. cant remember it though...

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 24th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yo! Ro! Yo Back!

Lord Servone
August 24th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I actually requested that the first four quotes posted (not by me, mind you) be removed

The IMDB doesn't do much removing when it comes to quotes...that's why almost EVERY SINGLE WORD spoken in Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are considered to be memorable. Some people are fools...well, actually a majority of people who post at the IMDB are fools...and jerks. Overly cynical jerks xP.

Rolinko
September 2nd, 2004, 09:41 PM
The IMDB doesn't do much removing when it comes to quotes...

Do you think, because I made all my requests in one large group, they may not add anything to the list that I tried to contribute (four new quotes, in particular), because I requested those four other quotes to be removed? :confused:
Maybe I should send the quotes again...
Tiring... :o

Rolinko
September 8th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Never mind... the new ones finally arrived...
Have a look... Pleez?
Link several posts higher
I'm really pushing for my quotes, ain't I

Rolinko
December 18th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Horses for courses, eh, what? And squirrels for climbing. Ha!More new quotes at the IMDb
Three consecutive posts in the same thread... rather pathetic...