PDA

View Full Version : Matthias's Voice

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 12th, 2004, 11:34 PM
I have a question that I haven't asked yet, and I've been holding it in for a long time. I don't know why. Anyways, when I first watched Redwall the TV show on PBS, I noticed that Matthias had a really young voice. He sounded like a little kid, but I thought that he was supose to be at least into his teenage seasons by the time he was in Redwall. I got use to it after a while, but in the beggining it seemed really strange. Well, after that, when Matthias shows up again in the televison version Mattimeo he has a mature voice as he should since he is a father now I just thought it strange that he had such a young voice in Redwall Any thoughts? Or did any of you even notice it or think it strange?

The Red Badger
July 13th, 2004, 12:15 AM
I didn't think his voice ever sounded out of place. Young worked for Redwall (because Matthias WAS young), older worked for Mattimeo.

The kicker is that Tyrone Savage did BOTH seasons. His voice simply changed to coincide with Matthias' growth.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 13th, 2004, 12:21 AM
The kicker is that Tyrone Savage did BOTH seasons. His voice simply changed to coincide with Matthias' growth.
You boggle my mind Reds!!!! That's amazing! Thats a good one to know.

Senav
July 13th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I thought his voice in Redwall was just fine. I know a few guys my own age whose voices aren't much deeper. Horomones are mysterious things...
Back when I first started watching the show, I noticed that Matthias had the same VA for both seasons. I just assumed that the actors voice changed, or he was one of those people who could do "vocal gymnastics".

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 14th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Senav, I'm guessing here, but I think that I am right to presume that you are at least in high school, right? Well, if you are in high school, then those people you know really need to mature if thier voices are closely the same as of Matthias from Redwall.

rowanoak
July 14th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Yes, Tyrone Savage was that young; he was in his early teens when he started playing Matthias, going by what he birthday is listed as on the IMDB. One can tell his voice had started to change, probably in between series, but that was ok because Matthias got older too, which was probably one of the reasons Tyrone was kept on the series. Here is an interesting fact, Micheal Seater who played Matthias' son Mattimeo is only almost two years older then Tyrone is (in real life).

rowanoak
July 14th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I meant Micheal is almost two years younger then Tyrone not older.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 14th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Very interesting rowanoak. Very interesting indeed!
Oh, rowanoak, tell me. What do you get when you stick an "e" infront of a "dit?" :D I'm just so creative!!!

Chelki Sureshot
July 14th, 2004, 05:09 PM
He was only 13, that's still young enough to have a little kid voice.

Senav
July 17th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Well, if you are in high school, then those people you know really need to mature if thier voices are closely the same as of Matthias from Redwall.
Um, what? That's a bit rude. They can't snap their fingers and change their voices.

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 06:00 AM
i dont have a voice like wossisname. mine is pretty low. i always thought matthias was badly casted. he was too american accenty for me, and the books are british. i wonder if they are actually set in a real country...always wondered...the cart and town, and cows in redwall made me think...

Lord Servone
July 18th, 2004, 12:24 PM
They can't snap their fingers and change their voices.

I can. Of course, I've practiced a lot of voice acting... but I can't really snap my fingers that well.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 18th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Wow, oh me may no no! *in a really high christian choir boy's voice* I'm sorry Senav. :lol: Thats just my stupid humor. No, really Senav, I'm sorry.

Trowbaggs
July 21st, 2004, 07:00 PM
i wonder if they are actually set in a real country...always wondered...the cart and town, and cows in redwall made me think...

After Redwall BJ decided not to have reference to humans again. He didnt even know Redwall was going to be published!

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 05:43 AM
i know, but...well, i dont think that anymore, it was when i first read redwall. the name of the island or the full shape of it is never revealed though.