PDA

View Full Version : Deciding On Gamecube for christmas

LadyBeelze
November 27th, 2002, 01:15 PM
I already know i'm gettin' a gamecube for christmas, but i don't know what game to suggest to my mom...Theres just some many game titles out there! Can Anyone here give me some pointers on what games are good and which stink....i'm just curious.

Martin the Warrior
November 27th, 2002, 03:53 PM
What genres are you a fan of, Beelze?

The premier GC games, I'd say, are (in no particular order):

- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II - Rogue Leader
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Metroid Prime
- Star Fox Adventures

Now, which are best for you depends on what you like. Smash Bros. is a fighting game, great for multiple players with a fun single player mode, as well. A great game to just pop in and spend a little time on. Tons of secrets to unlock.

Rogue Leader is the best Star Wars game I've played, recreates the feel of the movies perfectly (be in in the Death Star Trench, on Hoth, or at the Battle of Endor), and is a great flight game.

Mario Sunshine is a traditional action/platformer where you explore worlds and carry out tasks to collect the missing "Shines". Great gameplay with some nice innovations (the use of Mario's waterpack, FLUDD).

Metroid Prime is an action/adventure game in the first-person, a better description of which I give over in the "Metroid Prime/Metroid Fusion" thread. It has a slightly more mature slant than the other games and if the idea of literally going face to face with monsters turns you off, then you might want to wait on this. It's a great game, though.

Finally, Star Fox Adventures is a Zelda 64-style action/adventure game where you take on the role of Fox McCloud and free Dinosaur Planet from the clutches of General Scales. It's a traditional "Find a dungeon, complete the dungeon, return won item to it's rightful place" kind of game. Great graphics with moderately fun gameplay, though.

Other games worth looking into are: Super Monkey Ball (both 1 and 2), Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Wave Race: Blue Storm, and Spider-Man.

Games that I haven't been able to try out (yet) but have heard good things about include: Animal Crossing, Sonic Mega Collection, and Eternal Darkness.

Game I've tried on other systems that are also available on (or will be available on) the GC include: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and The Two Towers.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Hope this helped.

MoonShadow
November 27th, 2002, 05:16 PM
And... MoonShadow has just got a Gamecube! :D

And it's in living room closet and I probably won't be able to open it until I have time... which might be awhile.... Oh, and I also bought the Super Mario Sunshine game since it came with the Gamecube and I wanted it for awhile.

I don't think I'll be getting any more games for it soon, but maybe later.

dandin1
November 27th, 2002, 06:32 PM
:( You lucky person! I don't even have a gamecube! And even if we were about to get one, my bro would argue that a PS2 is better....

Martin the Warrior
November 27th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by MoonShadow
And... MoonShadow has just got a Gamecube! :D

You got it yourself, it's not a present? Wow. Most parents don't allow their kids to get something that expensive so close to Christmas/other holidays. ;) Congratulations, though, MoonShadow! Wise choice of system. ;)

LadyBeelze
November 28th, 2002, 09:11 AM
lucky moonshadow, i have to wait till christmas oh well...better later than never

MoonShadow
November 28th, 2002, 01:56 PM
You got it yourself, it's not a present? Wow. Most parents don't allow their kids to get something that expensive so close to Christmas/other holidays.
Well, it's considered a "Christmas" present... sort of... but my mom just wanted to avoid the holiday shopping traffic so I got it early. :) Anyway, if I asked for like.... a more expensive PS2 or something more expensive *can't think of anything besides an Anime series on DVD*, my parents will still buy it for me, since I hardly ask for anything. As a result... when I do, I get it. :D

I would've got a PS2 if there was a Super Mario Sunshine game for it, since I also wanted Kingdom Hearts.... Oh well, I like Mario games anyway.

I get to open the Gamecube Gift Bundle on Saturday so I can have fun reading the SMS game manual in NJ. :\

Darkhood_343
November 28th, 2002, 02:40 PM
HOW DARE YOU GET A GAMECUBE! PS2 is your masssssster, your masssssssssster. *evil laugh reverbiates off walls* Seriously though if your gonna get a GC you should wait and get the new Zelda (releasing next year) which is current titled The Legend of Zelda:The Order of the Wind. As for Christmas you should get Metroid:Prime and the new Star Fox.

Baby Rollo
November 28th, 2002, 02:46 PM
I guess Game Cube is a good choice. I wouldn't buy an X-Box because there are hardly any good games besides Halo, Mech Assault, and Morrowind. PS2 is probably the best one to get because it is cheaper and there are a lot of great games.

The Red Badger
November 28th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Metroid Prime is the game of the year. Says it all. :cool:

Well, it's considered a "Christmas" present... sort of...

So, does this mean you can't actually PLAY it until Christmas or just whenever you feel like it? I gotta repeat it, "Wow."

Seriously though if your gonna get a GC you should wait and get the new Zelda (releasing next year)

I agree she should get it, but there's no need to "wait". Zelda is the LAST of the "big four". The big three (Mario, Star Fox, and Metroid) are worth getting a GC for alone, NOW.

PS2 is probably the best one to get because it is cheaper and there are a lot of great games.

No, it's not. The PS2 is $199, so is the Xbox. GC is $149. GameCube has them both beat. Game prices remain comparable, too ($49). The GC also has better games (in this badger's opinion). So, really, no contest. :redsy

Red Draco
November 28th, 2002, 05:34 PM
The Cube is currently my system of choice, although I'd pick up a PS2 if I had the money. Still, Metroid Prime is twenty gallons better than Halo.

LadyBeelze
November 29th, 2002, 02:30 PM
yay thanx for the tips

i'm just getting the gamecube for the games, x-box has none that are good and i already got a dvd player so i don't see any use with ps2.

My mom went to one of those day after thanksgiving sales to go christmas shopping (crazy mom.....heh)

This is what i'm gettin for christmas

A Silver Gamecube

4 Controllers

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Metriod Prime

i'm so happy!! :D :D :D :D :D

but now i have to wait a whole 27 Days!!!! :gulp:

MoonShadow
November 30th, 2002, 11:49 AM
o, does this mean you can't actually PLAY it until Christmas or just whenever you feel like it?
Well, I definitely hope I can take a sneak peak at the actually game, not the manual, tomorrow, but my mom said I should really be studying for the SATs. >.<

Though once the next week is over, I don't think there would be much in my way from playing SMS. :D Except for a book report, and math research report, and who knows what else. *sigh*

I would have liked a Platinum GC, except the one in the bundle was Indigo, so I was like "what the heck, who cares" and decided to take the cheaper bundle.

My mom doesn't like shopping. Period. Good thing it only took 10 minutes to get my GC. :) I hope nothing goes wrong with it, or else i'm in trouble.... My Gameboy's sound system is messed up, so you could only hear sound properly with earphones. :\

Baby Rollo
November 30th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Studying for the SATs already. What a big waste of time. They'll change the format anyway and I believe most universities don't give jack squat about SATs.

MoonShadow
December 1st, 2002, 03:37 PM
Well, they will after the format is changed from what I heard rollo. Anyway, I'm taking the SATs in six days from now. Why? Just in case I ever wanted to take a Humanities course at CTY over the summer, I need a verbal score high enough, which I should be able to make, since I only missed by 10 points last time. And this is the last time I can take it without it getting onto my high school transcript.

Well, I could have just forgot about it and just left my score to be, but it's too late to back out now.

Baby Rollo
December 1st, 2002, 04:36 PM
6 days! :eek: You have a lot of studying to do. I don't have to worry about the SAT's for a long time. I probably won't have to take them anyway. I bet when I'm your age, the SAT's will be obsolete.

Sarkin23
December 3rd, 2002, 07:07 AM
this descosion is mostly about getting gamecude for chistmas so stick to the subject!I am getting PS2 because it has gta3 and WOTS.but Gamecube will be my next system.(Opens up piggie bank.)

Baby Rollo
December 3rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
You obviously need to learn how to spell Sarkin.

If you're going to get PS2, get Onimusha 2. It's a great game. Don't get GTA3. Get GTA: Vice City!

Darkhood_343
December 6th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Yeah Sarkin's an dope on spelling. And he also forgot about Vice City. And what's WOTS I can't remember.

MoonShadow
December 6th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Okay... *had just thought of an acronym that has to do with the war against terrorism* definitely not that.

Yeah. SATs tomrrow. *sigh*

Christmas is probably the time where I finally start playing SMS. *sigh*

Martin the Warrior
December 7th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Instead of starting a completely new thread, I'm going to make use of this one.

Those of you out there with Game Boy Advances, keep an eye out for the game Mythri. It's an RPG that has been in development for a few years by a new American dev team called Team XCalibur. It's been shopping around for a publisher for awhile and, after petitions, persistence, and hard work, finally landed one in the form of the relatively new Variant Interactive. Mythri will finally hit shelves Christmas 2003.

I happen to know some of the people involved with both XCalibur and Variant, so I can assure you that these guys know what make RPGs tick. Mythri is set to be one of the nicest RPGs you'll play and could very well knock Golden Sun off of the GBA's RPG throne.

Darkhood_343
December 7th, 2002, 11:46 AM
OoOoOoO, can you give me a link for some info. PLZ.

Baby Rollo
December 9th, 2002, 06:43 PM
I just played GTA: Vice City. I just have this to say: Vice City manages to be absolutely realistic and unrealistic at the same time. And it is the most stereotypical game I have ever played. I would like to go over the details, but I don't think I'm allowed to.

Darkhood_343
December 9th, 2002, 08:25 PM
You naughty little dibbun! WHAT are you doing playing THIS! *points to Vice City case* You would think a dibbun would know not to play M-rated games! You are sritctly forbidden to drink strawberry cordial until FURTHER NOTICE!!!

Rollo's face looks like this::eek:

*storms off* :mad:

LadyBeelze
December 10th, 2002, 08:28 AM
I Looked closely at a present that just came in the mail for me for christmas and it was really thin...like a gamecube game. I asked my mom and to go peak in it to see what it was. She said it was super smash brothers melee but my mom had already got me that game...so shes taking back the one she bought and getting another......problem is i'm having a hard time telling her which one to buy..............too many good games...........ahhhhh

Baby Rollo
December 10th, 2002, 02:51 PM
If a dibbun like me can play Alien Versus Predator 2, then I don't see why I can't play Vice City. I don't even own the game anyway. I just played it a few times and thought it was a really cool game.

Darkhood_343
December 10th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Ok... well then you can drink your cordial then. *hands back cordial*

LadyBeelze
December 10th, 2002, 08:46 PM
LOL :)

Darkhood_343
December 11th, 2002, 03:17 PM
LOL :)

I know, I'm a pretty funny badger heh?

Baby Rollo
December 11th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Not really.

The PS2 is actually the best deal out of the lot. X-Box and Gamecube have very few outstanding games. PS2 has many like Onimusha 2, Vice City, Tony Hawk series, etc.

Red Draco
December 11th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Baby Rollo
Not really.

The PS2 is actually the best deal out of the lot. X-Box and Gamecube have very few outstanding games. PS2 has many like Onimusha 2, Vice City, Tony Hawk series, etc.

Geez. There's a matter of opinion if I ever heard one. What if I told you that I don't give a flock of seagulls about Onimusha or Tony Hawk, but I loved Gamecube games like Mario, Star Fox, Metroid, and I imagine I'll love the upcoming Zelda? Don't go around telling people that Gamecube's games are bad as if you knew what you were talking about. You're merely stating an opinion.

Wouldn't mind trying Vice City though.

Darkhood_343
December 12th, 2002, 02:15 PM
No Draco, PS2 is your massssssssssssssster. Mu-ha-ha-ha!!!

Baby Rollo
December 12th, 2002, 02:23 PM
I never said that any of the games were bad Draco. I just said that there were few outstanding ones. I think Gamecube's a pretty good system. I just prefer the old N64 better than Gamecube. Well, Gamecube would be better if it used N64's controller. The Gamecube's controller is mediocre.

Martin the Warrior
December 12th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Baby Rollo
If a dibbun like me can play Alien Versus Predator 2, then I don't see why I can't play Vice City.

Faulty logic, Rollo, as nobody said you should be playing Alien Versus Predator 2 in the first place. ;)

PS2 has many like Onimusha 2, Vice City, Tony Hawk series, etc.

The Onimusha series has appeared on the Xbox. The Tony Hawk series is on all three platforms. Vice City is the only game of those you listed that has very little chance of making it to the other platforms, and, as an M-rated game, shouldn't factor into the decisions of most of the visitors to this board.

Red Draco
I imagine I'll love the upcoming Zelda

I have to say, it's heartening to see Famitsu give it a 40/40. It could just be me, but I think changing Link's sleeves from orange to another shade of green helped the graphics (which I never minded in the first place, it's all eye-candy to me).

Rollo
I just said that there were few outstanding ones. I think Gamecube's a pretty good system.

The same can be said for the PS2, Rollo. I've owned the GC and PS2 for roughly the same amount of time and I own nearly twice the amount of GC games as I do PS2. On the PS2 side of things, the only (exclusive) games I'd label "outstanding" are FFX and Kingdom Hearts. This is reflective of my opinion though, just as your statements are of yours.

Well, Gamecube would be better if it used N64's controller. The Gamecube's controller is mediocre.

How do you figure?

Slagar the Cruel
December 12th, 2002, 04:29 PM
The PS2 is actually the best deal out of the lot. X-Box and Gamecube have very few outstanding games. PS2 has many like Onimusha 2, Vice City, Tony Hawk series, etc.In your opinion, maybe... as for me, the number of Gamecube games that I own/wish to play far outweighs the number of PS2 games and X-box games I have any interest in playing.

Well, Gamecube would be better if it used N64's controller. The Gamecube's controller is mediocre.Well, that's one I've never heard before... actually, the Gamecube controller has to be the best controller I've ever used. :D

MoonShadow
December 12th, 2002, 05:07 PM
but I loved Gamecube games like Mario, Star Fox, Metroid, and I imagine I'll love the upcoming Zelda? Ooh... ah... Zelda game! Must get... once it comes out.

The PS2 is actually the best deal out of the lot. X-Box and Gamecube have very few outstanding games. PS2 has many like Onimusha 2, Vice City, Tony Hawk series, etc.Heh. Not that you're opinion is wrong or anything, but the reason I got a Gamecube was that there were more games that appealed to me. The only PS2 game that I wanted was Kingdom Hearts.

Darkhood_343
December 12th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Faulty logic, Rollo, as nobody said you should be playing Alien Versus Predator 2 in the first place. ;)
Ya' know, your right. *takes Rollo's cordial again*

Ooh... ah... Zelda game! Must get... once it comes out.
I wish I could get it, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting PS2 for christmas. Zelda IS the only really truly excellent game for GCN.

Baby Rollo
December 12th, 2002, 07:11 PM
One of the reasons I bought a PS2 was to play old Playstation games.

The problem I have with the GameCube Controller is the giant A button and small B button. The Z button seems a tad out of place for me and it's a bit hard to use when I'm trying to grab someone in SSB: Melee. The D pad seems too out of place as well. The analog sticks are surprisingly easy to use. I expected them to be akward.

Darkhood_343
December 12th, 2002, 07:13 PM
I had the same problems with the controller too, Rollo. My main problem being the Z button.

The Red Badger
December 12th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Not that you're opinion is wrong or anything,

Sure it is. We'd have a better world if everybody quit the PC'ness and just came out and said how they felt. Namely that an opinion different from theirs is wrong in *their* eyes. If it wasn't, then it would be *their* opinion as well. As such, if they have a *different* opinion, obviously they feel that the other one is wrong. This applies on the grand scale as well as on the small scale. We just need to stop the correctness.

(rant prompted *by* MoonShadow's post, but not directed *at* MoonShadow)

Zelda IS the only really truly excellent game for GCN.

Nope. Uh-uh. Wrongo. Forgetting, for a moment, than unless you're Japanese you'd have no way of playing the game yet, that is one of the most innacurate statements I've seen in a long time.

Metroid Prime is being hailed as the game of the year. It got perfect tens from most media outlets. The *consumer* market ranked it the best game of the holiday season. Above all else, it's an *AWESOME* game that bears the :redsy stamp of approval (and, really, who needs more?).

That's a "truly excellent" member there. Then we've got Mario Sunshine, which kicks the tail of any other 3D-platformer out there, SSBM, best fighter out there, Pikmin, one of the most innovative games to come down the pike in recent years. . . I could go on. The GC has no shortage of awesome games.

The problem I have with the GameCube Controller is the giant A button and small B button.

Neither buttons are awkward or inaccessible.

The Z button seems a tad out of place for me and it's a bit hard to use when I'm trying to grab someone in SSB: Melee.

A complaint Martin and I had early on, but which has, through use, become an non-issue. Rarely is the Z button given an important task.

The D pad seems too out of place as well.

I wouldn't say that. It's the only place it COULD go and, like the Z button, is rarely used for an integral function. Besides, X-Box is laid-out the same.

The analog sticks are surprisingly easy to use. I expected them to be akward.

I thought you were against them in the Metroid thread.

Darkhood_343
December 12th, 2002, 09:35 PM
A complaint Martin and I had early on, but which has, through use, become an non-issue. Rarely is the Z button given an important task.
Ok, now I have a question. Do you and Martin know eachother personally? 'Cause that's what you make it seem like with that statement.

LadyBeelze
December 13th, 2002, 07:50 AM
but I loved Gamecube games like Mario, Star Fox, Metroid, and I imagine I'll love the upcoming Zelda?

I picked the gamecube because it had all the great games with characters that i recognize and love.

As for the zelda game.....i'm getting it as soon as it comes out.........i loved n64's "The Orcarina of Time" and "Majoras Mask" ..very good games...so i'd expect just the same amount of fun for this one *runs around*

Maybe i'll pick out star fox, or pikmin, or super monkey ball, or *endless list* ..............got to choose sooner or later.........my moms going on her Last (i hope) christmas shop today.

Baby Rollo
December 13th, 2002, 02:01 PM
I thought you were against them in the Metroid thread

That's 'cause I was talking in FPS terms. They're fine in other games.

MoonShadow
December 13th, 2002, 03:21 PM
(rant prompted *by* MoonShadow's post, but not directed *at* MoonShadow) *is a slightly confused anyway, so the rant doesn't matter to her* Yes, I do get what you are saying, but I'm still confused. *rolls eyes at self*

Ooh... ah... Zelda game! Must get... once it comes out. I don't even remember saying this, and it doesn't really sound like me (I know, I was possessed! ;b). Anyway, I never ever, ever played the Zelda game. So why does MoonShadow want it? Because she watched her friend's sister play it (The Orcarina of Time), and a family friend's kid play it (same one), and MoonShadow thought it was cool, and had thought of getting a Zelda game on Gameboy (but I bought a Mario game instead, since the Zelda game on Gameboy didn't seem that fun...). So I'll probably be getting the Zelda game, as long as I have time to play it an everything.

Darkhood_343
December 13th, 2002, 05:05 PM
So I'll probably be getting the Zelda game, as long as I have time to play it an everything.
You BETTER get it, it's gonna rock.

Martin the Warrior
December 13th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Darkhood
Do you and Martin know eachother personally? 'Cause that's what you make it seem like with that statement.

He's referring to critiques posted in a thread on the ezBoard shortly after the GC's launch last year. The Z button was my one complaint with the GC controller, but I've yet to see it used in any integral fashion. More often than not, it simply brings up a map/status screen.

Rollo

Just to be clear, Metroid Prime isn't an FPS. ;)

MoonShadow
thought of getting a Zelda game on Gameboy (but I bought a Mario game instead, since the Zelda game on Gameboy didn't seem that fun...).

I urge you to reconsider. The Game Boy Zelda games are excellent. The most recent release (technically a rerelease as it's a port of the SNES Zelda) of A Link to the Past will get you one of Nintendo's finest games ever. Link's Awakening, Oracle of Time and Oracle of Seasons are also well-worth the money. Can't beat old-school gaming. ;)

Darkhood_343
December 13th, 2002, 05:41 PM
I urge you to reconsider. The Game Boy Zelda games are excellent. The most recent release (technically a rerelease as it's a port of the SNES Zelda) of A Link to the Past will get you one of Nintendo's finest games ever. Link's Awakening, Oracle of Time and Oracle of Seasons are also well-worth the money. Can't beat old-school gaming.;)
Couldn't have said it better myself.;)

MoonShadow
December 13th, 2002, 06:19 PM
I urge you to reconsider. The Game Boy Zelda games are excellent. The most recent release (technically a rerelease as it's a port of the SNES Zelda) of A Link to the Past will get you one of Nintendo's finest games ever. Link's Awakening, Oracle of Time and Oracle of Seasons are also well-worth the money. Can't beat old-school gaming. Well, it is a bit hard to judge a game by its box.... I would say something here that would do with the how the back cover was the deciding factor, but you people will probably think of me as very incredibly stupid. :\

Anyway, I probably won't be getting any more Gamboy games, because truth to be told, I think my Gameboy's years are numbered. No wait! They are numbered. (There's so much wrong with it.... The "Select" key, the sound... argh!)

Martin the Warrior
December 13th, 2002, 07:44 PM
What better time to get a GBA? ;)

MoonShadow
December 14th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Yeah, and I waited much more than a year to get a new system, though the "Start" key (sorry, my mistake) started having a bit of a problem within the last few months. Anyway, I secretly took at the SMS instruction booklet out of the case, and read it, and I want to play it even more! I managed to convince my mom to consider letting me play this week.

I'm pretty good at video games, so I hope I'll be able to get at least past the first episode of SMS by the end of the vacation. ^_^*

Darkhood_343
December 15th, 2002, 03:53 PM
What better time to get a GBA?
Exactly.;)

The Red Badger
December 17th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Baby Rollo

The Xbox places the analog sticks in the exact same position as the GC. Therefore, you must hate the control of Halo. Riiiight? :rolleyes:

Baby Rollo
December 19th, 2002, 02:42 PM
They may be in the same place, but the analog sticks for the game cube controller are thinner and smaller so it's hard to manuever while taking on a horde of aliens with a minigun.

The Red Badger
December 19th, 2002, 07:42 PM
That wasn't your complaint, though. Your complaint was:

I don't think the GC controller is good for FPS because of the akward position of the analog sticks.

Equality among criticism, all I'm after. :cool:

Red Draco
December 20th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Huh? A comment about the X-Box controller being more comfortable than the Gamecube controller? Have I fallen into B1zz@|20 \/\/0|21d?

Baby Rollo
December 20th, 2002, 06:18 PM
The position of the X-box analog sticks is actually farther up than the Gamecube's. I don't know how you can play FPS on a Gamecube. The C-stick is so tiny and the L and R buttons aren't meant for shooting and jumping.

The Red Badger
December 20th, 2002, 08:31 PM
No, the Xbox just has a bunch of space taken up by nothing underneath (which is what makes the controller itself so huge). The buttons are arranged in the exact same way, roughly the same distance apart, with the exception of the shapes of the A, B, X, and Y ones.

Like I said, if you wish to single out the GC's analog placement as "bad" for FPS', then you need to apply the same standard to all other systems. When Xbox is the *same*, then you either need to include that in your criticism or remain silent. But, since we've been able to gather that you have no problem with the 'box and are a fan of Halo, the placement must not be that big an issue. So, the statement could be construed as flat out anti-GC. Which is where I come in. :cool:

If you're having problems playing FPS' on the GC, the problem lies with your ability to adapt to new control schemes, not with the controller itself.

Darkhood_343
December 20th, 2002, 09:03 PM
B1zz@|20 \/\/0|21d
Uh...translation please?

Slagar the Cruel
December 21st, 2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
Uh...translation please? That's 1337 for Bizzaro World... where everyone is the exact opposite of their versions in this world... where Superman is evil and looks like he's made of wood... and the only place where an X-box controller could be considered comfortable... ;)

Darkhood_343
December 21st, 2002, 12:37 PM
and the only place where an X-box controller could be considered comfortable...
So true!

MoonShadow
December 22nd, 2002, 07:41 PM
I've been playing Super Mario Sunshine on Friday and yesterday, and its really fun. :D Though I really wish I wouldn't get dizzy from spinning around the camera too much.... A bit hard to control at times, making it hard to navigate sometimes.

Baby Rollo
December 23rd, 2002, 06:50 AM
I don't think Gamecube is a pretty good system in my opinion. There aren't too many good games and the controller is uncomfortable. The few games on it that I consider good that O have played are SSB: Melee and Rogue Leader. The other games I played weren't too good.

I think the X-box has better games. There's Hunter: The Reckoning, Halo, MechAssault, Morrowind, and DOA3.

Darkhood_343
December 23rd, 2002, 12:17 PM
Rollo
Hunter: The Reckoning, Halo, MechAssault, Morrowind, and DOA3.
And that's about it.:rolleyes:

Rachael_Otter 281
December 23rd, 2002, 12:25 PM
I like game cube, but I like PS2 better:)

Darkhood_343
December 23rd, 2002, 12:27 PM
Rachael
I like game cube, but I like PS2 better:)
Me too.:D

LadyBeelze
December 26th, 2002, 11:55 AM
i've had a day and a half of testing the gamecube and heres what i think.

The Gamecube Controller: I find it very uncomfortable ... the control stick is out of place in my opinion, z is hard to push when you have a bad guy or something important happening. But on the other hand its got a built in rumble pack (or what ever its called)..i was suprised when i started playing and it shocked me :eek: ...they should just but the n64's controller in place.

Super Mario Sunshine: The colors are dazzling especially the water, the sound is awsome but some of the music gets annoying pretty fast. The only complaint i have about this game so far is the camera control...it drives me nuts X_X

Super Smash Brothers Melee: This is 10 times better than the n64 version...the graphics, sound, and gameplay are da best. When me and my sisters join up and play.....watch out ..its scary 0.o We name each battle off the top of our heads..some have been "Bring It On, Sister!", "Battle of The Bloody Sunset", "Monkey Funk", "Did Anyone Order A Pizza?", "Haaaaaawm", etc.

Metriod Prime: This game just kicks butt...i have very few words to say about it except that its the best game i've seen in a while

Mario Party 4: The graphics have improved from the n64 versions, the same fun, but it seems to be missing something that the orginal had.

Animal Crossing: I haven't played this game much but it seems like a good game nonetheless

Darkhood_343
December 27th, 2002, 12:06 AM
Beezl
"Haaaaaawm"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I've had a whole day of PS2 and Kingdom Hearts and my opinion is:

Good:+Freestyle combat mode

+The abilty to have different members in your party than
just Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

+Kinda good camera

Bad:-The stupid camera when your in a tight space.

-Having to use items while in battle instead of pressing start
and going through the menu

-How oogly some of the Heartless can be

I've been playing all day (except for when I went shopping) and I plan on playin' till 3 am! *drinks another Mountain Dew*

LadyBeelze
December 27th, 2002, 09:35 AM
you got kingdom hearts, i've always wanted to try out the game. But i'm happy as i am right now...just taking a little break from the gamecube and then i'm off to it again.

MoonShadow
December 27th, 2002, 12:14 PM
The only complaint i have about this game [Super Mario Sunshine] so far is the camera control...it drives me nuts X_XThat probably will account for my dizzyness and loss of balance. :\ I spent awhile in the morning after I got up from bed lying down on the couch, too dizzy to do much. So I think I'll stick to my 2D Harry Potter game at the time being.

The water's really pritty (Caleyin!!!!), and the game is starting get bizarre.... And I've only gotten to the obstacle course in Episode 3 of Bianco Hills, and that harbor place.... Forgot its name. :\ But its still fun.

Martin the Warrior
December 27th, 2002, 01:09 PM
MoonShadow
Though I really wish I wouldn't get dizzy from spinning around the camera too much....

I didn't notice much camera trouble when I played it (granted, I've grown accustomed to them over the years). Do you move it around a lot? I generally recommend zooming out about halfway and leaving it roughly centered behind Mario. Tap the L-button every so often to re-center it. It shouldn't move around too much, even when you make a sharp turn.

And I've only gotten to the obstacle course in Episode 3 of Bianco Hills

The course where Shadow Mario takes FLUDD? You'll have two of those in each level. Enjoy these easy ones while they last. ;)

Beelze
I find it very uncomfortable ... the control stick is out of place in my opinion

It sounds like you're just used to the N64 controller and are having trouble reorienting yourself. Give it time. It's a fairly easy set-up to adapt to and out of my many years of gaming, the GC controller is one of the nicest I've played with.

You can turn off the rumble in most games in the Options menu, BTW.

Mario Party 4: The graphics have improved from the n64 versions, the same fun, but it seems to be missing something that the orginal had.

The annoying "rotate your control stick puzzles", perhaps? ;) (the sequels get points for ditching those.)

Animal Crossing: I haven't played this game much but it seems like a good game nonetheless

It is. I've found myself playing it quite a bit in recent days-- no real point to it, but it's good, engrossing fun. Especially when you can visit a friend or sibling's town. Of course, I remodeled and am now $100,000+ in debt, so I need to get the bills paid. ;)

LadyBeelze
December 27th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Current Status:

Super Mario Sunshine: I've got 9 shines total, 3 from bianco hills, 2 from bianco beach, 1 from the blooper place, 2 from getting the 10 blue coins and trading them in, and the one at the first. The thing where the shadow mario takes your water back and you have to jump on all the blocks to get the shine ...it kills i swear you...............blocks X_X having problems with the stupid catiplar....it keeps squishing me.......the disgrace!

Super Smash Brothers Melee: I've unlocked young link, luigi, marth, roy, jigglypuff, docter mario. I've been playing for hours and the fun never stops.

Metriod Prime: I'm having a little problem with this game but its running smoothly *having dreams about playing this game in her sleep......0.o*

Animal Crossing: I got a bed, a toy, and a radio situatied in my small shack....this game is addicting like most role playing games i've found

Mario Party 4: Me and my sisters got to the 16th turn in a normal game and turned it off for lunch..i still haven't played it since

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *wishes her sister would stop playing super mario sunshine so she could get on*

MoonShadow
December 29th, 2002, 07:34 PM
The thing where the shadow mario takes your water back and you have to jump on all the blocks to get the shine ...it kills i swear you...............blocks X_X having problems with the stupid catiplar....it keeps squishing me.......the disgrace! Eh, I had trouble with that obstacle course in Episode 3, Bianco Hills in getting past that beam with the blocks that kept pushing me off. Then I realized that I shouldn't have stopped to wait.

The course where Shadow Mario takes FLUDD? You'll have two of those in each level. Enjoy these easy ones while they last. ;)NOOOOOO! ;) It was actually pretty easy once I think about it.... I've done two obstacle courses so far.... the one in Delfino Plaza where you go done the pipe at the eastern end of the island, and the one I was talking about before.

Now shine update:
Uh... I don't even know how many Shines I have either, but I think its 9 too.... Eh, it looks more like 7 as far as I can remember....
1 from the beginning
1 from Delfino Plaza after getting thrown into a tower
1 from the obstacle course in Delfino Plaza
3 from Bianco Hills
2 from the exchanging of blue coins

What was the blooper place?

I didn't really explore the beach much yet, and I did do quite a lot in the first eppy of Ricco Harbor before I lost a life after falling into that paint in the water and was not able to get out.... Maybe I should've dived down..... Oh well.

The last time I played, I was collecting coins to see if I could get 100 in Eppy 3 of Bianco Hills, but I stopped playing before I could get up to that amount.

Does anybody know how to get that fruit that can be kicked around like a soccor ball into that basket? I'm stumped on that one.... The only thing I can think of is to kick it across the water, but I'm not really good at kicking it across, just in....