PDA

View Full Version : CG Redwall?

Jodan
July 16th, 2004, 05:22 PM
What do you think of a computer animated Redwall? I think it would be awesome. And if they did make a Redwall movie, they would at least have to make Mossflower, and hopefully Martin the Warrior. That would be sweet.

Felldoh
July 16th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't mind a CG Redwall, but I'd prefer it to be in 2d animation.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 17th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Yes, I would prefer it to be in 2D animation as well.

Chelki Sureshot
July 17th, 2004, 03:40 PM
**closes her eyes and prays to the CG god that he will ignore these people wanting 2D and keeps hoping for 3D.**

Martin the Warrior
July 17th, 2004, 10:20 PM
3D Redwall? Ugh. :p

;)

Cheesethief
July 18th, 2004, 06:01 AM
yeh. 2d is better i think.

Grath
July 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah if they make a CG redwall then everything will be all too real and wierd looking. 2d would be better with maybe CG battles.

Trowbaggs
July 19th, 2004, 06:39 PM
3D would be great if they did it properly. I thought they put extreme detail into Stuart Little. I would like the characters to be GOOD! computer animation. If they made the background CG it would look to fake and cheesy. Like I said before in the "Redwall on the big screen?" thread, REAL! background, perfect CG characters. ;)

Cheesethief
July 20th, 2004, 06:28 AM
stuart little? i did not like that film.

Trowbaggs
July 20th, 2004, 09:03 AM
I wasnt talking about the film. I was talking about how good he was computer animated. You could see every little hair on his head.

Felldoh
July 20th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Why use Stuart Little as an example when you could use Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within? :D If it were that good, a CG Redwall movie would rock.

Trowbaggs
July 20th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I've never played Final Fantasy so I wouldn't know.

Felldoh
July 20th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is a movie, not one of the games. It is in full CG, and they do a dang near perfect job at it. :D Most Final Fantasy fans didn't like it, but I did...

Trowbaggs
July 20th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Yah well, I still think a real background would look better.

Jodan
July 20th, 2004, 11:39 AM
They have done an excellent job on their many computer animated movies.

Lord Servone
July 20th, 2004, 11:41 AM
That movie was too expensive...it caused the studio making it to close down and it didn't do too well at the box office either. But who really cares about the box office anyway? But that's the subject for a different topic all together...
Anyway, Redwall would not be made like that...and shouldn't.
2D would be best for a movie like Redwall...people need to realize that just because a movie's 3D doesn't automatically make it good. I'm not saying that to anybody in particular here...I'm just saying it in general. It seems like a vast amount of people only like cartoons if they're 3D or from Japan...
Anyay, when it comes down to it, what'll make the Redwall movie good or bad is the screenplay. Well, I guess if they made it with terrible animation like Spongebob or Much Lucha or one of those junktacular shows...then it would be painful to watch.
Anyway, I think a Redwall movie with animation reminisant of the good Disney movies like Lion King and Beauty and the Beast would be best for it. Perhaps they should have Project Firefly do it...I would say Legacy, but they closed down for some reason.

Perhaps for an example of real backgrounds and animation you should've used the example of Disney's Dinosaur...that's one where they did it. Of course, its not a particularly memorable flick.

Chelki Sureshot
July 20th, 2004, 03:46 PM
You just can't do battle in 2D. They don't work. Besides, 2D is too flat. THere's no depth. Nothing to it. BORING! Isn't there something that's kinda between 2D and 3D?

Trowbaggs
July 20th, 2004, 03:55 PM
If you want a mass battle 3D is the only way to go. I twould be neat to see the entire long patrol charging. Like Pelenor Fields. I loved how they just mowed through the orcs.

The Red Badger
July 20th, 2004, 06:29 PM
You just can't do battle in 2D. They don't work.

Chelki, I just have to ask: what are you basing this opinion on? Because I have seen tons of absolutely BREATHTAKING 2D animation battles. And I'm not even talking one on one here, but huge armies fighting one another. Escaflowne was littered with 'em. G.I. Joe the Movie opened with one of the most awesome battles ever conceived. Transformers had an entire planet mobilize in defense. Princess Mononoke had an epic battle where men fought gods. The Animatrix managed to do more than a few pretty good battles. Gundam excels in those sort of huge battles. Star Wars: Clone Wars had battles that were arguably even bigger than the end of AotC. And that's just limiting myself to huge, epic battles between armies. If we include smaller battles with only a few combatants, this list absolutely explodes.

So, again, I have to ask, what exactly are you basing the opinion that 2D battles "don't work" on? :cool:

Cheesethief
July 21st, 2004, 02:24 PM
It seems like a vast amount of people only like cartoons if they're 3D or from Japan... cripes, am i the only one who likes bugs and tom (never likd jerry)

i saw shrek 2 today at last. great. amazing. oh, and, out of interest, donkey or puss. that is, dreamworks or pixar.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 21st, 2004, 07:56 PM
I love Buggs! And I agree, Jerry thinks he's just soooo cool. I hope Tom catches him one of these days. I'd have to say Puss, because he is newer than Donkey and I guess I like him because he has a Mexican accent. (My friend and I always talk in Mexican accents when we are joking around. He's Mexican himself, so it's okay.) Anyways as for Pixar or Dreamworks. I'd go with Dreamworks. But lets not make this an OR dominated thread. Or perhaps we should, just to get on Reds's nervers. :D

Lord Servone
July 22nd, 2004, 01:51 AM
Spanish accent. Antonio Banderas is from Spain...of course I shouldn't talk 'cuz I haven't seen the movie. His character was Mexican in the Desperado movies...

And I like the old cartoons, that was the whole point of my coment...and Jerry....Jerry has REALLY long eyelashes, has anybody noticed? I wonder if he was originally supposed to be a girl or something. For some reason I tend to like the characters that never get their way...Tom, Wile E Coyote, Daffy Duck...does anybody else have Boomerang from Cartoon Network? They show all the old cartoons (and stuff from the 80's/early 90's too (at least SWAT Cats, GI Joe, Pirates of Dark Water, and Centurians)).
Wow. I switched topics three times in one paragraph....Lack of sleep'd do that to you...

By the way...what do you MEAN Puss or Donkey meaning Dreamworks or Pixar. Maybe I'm reading the post the wrong way but...both characters were made by Dreamworks...

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 05:51 AM
By the way...what do you MEAN Puss or Donkey meaning Dreamworks or Pixar. Maybe I'm reading the post the wrong way but...both characters were made by Dreamworks... P=P (Puss=Pixar) and D=D (Donkey =Dreamworks). never mind...

And I like the old cartoons, that was the whole point of my coment...and Jerry....Jerry has REALLY long eyelashes, has anybody noticed? I wonder if he was originally supposed to be a girl or something. For some reason I tend to like the characters that never get their way...Tom, Wile E Coyote, Daffy Duck...does anybody else have Boomerang from Cartoon Network? They show all the old cartoons (and stuff from the 80's/early 90's too (at least SWAT Cats, GI Joe, Pirates of Dark Water, and Centurians)). it depends which episode for jerry, i think. wile e coyote rocked. that smarmy road runner... oh, you forgot Hong Kong Phooey!

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 10:25 AM
Then I could watch one of my favorite shows of all time, Pirates of Dark Water.

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
i dont. when my family went to visit my godmother, she did. it was a few days of bliss...mind you most of the time it was going around london.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 22nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
I have Boomerang. Its great. Its the only cartoon station worth watching these days. And I've always felt bad for Wile E. Cyotote too. I like the bad guys, except for Daffy Duck. When Buggs gets him, I always cheer! Go Buggs!! Go Buggs!!!

Cheesethief
July 23rd, 2004, 03:42 PM
dastardly and muttley rule! *snickers* catch the pigeon, catch the pigeon, CATCH THAT PIGEON NOW! and wacky races.