PDA

View Full Version : The saddest event in the series was when...

Bereden the Intrepid
July 21st, 2004, 06:33 PM
Laterose dies.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 21st, 2004, 07:17 PM
I felt that the saddest part in the series and the most tragic was when Urthstripe grabbed Farehgo and jumped out of Salamandastron to thier doom. I also felt that the epic battle between Urgan Nagru and my favorite otter of all time, Finnbarr Galedeep was very sad. But still, what a grand and fitting way for both of these warriors to go out.

Jodan
July 21st, 2004, 08:23 PM
And also, when Skarlath and the Friar from Redwall and Mattimeo (forgot his name) and Basil Stag Hare cried for him.

Firerunner
July 21st, 2004, 08:38 PM
Like Cinn said, that was sad. :(

Felldoh
July 21st, 2004, 09:44 PM
*Looks at username* Oh, take a wild guess. Finnbarr's death was sad too. Veil's also....

Lonna Bowstripe
July 21st, 2004, 09:49 PM
When Bragoon and Saro die in Loamhedge

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 02:48 AM
When Luke's crew died, and then when Luke died. Luke and his crew were the only mice in the series that I liked.

P.S. I think one of my rats is pregnant...at the shop they kept males and females in the same cage, and Eowyn (the rat) is bulgy at the middle (but a bit to low to just be fat) and doesn't move fast like Morgen (the other rat)...she kind of waddles...

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 06:03 AM
when whatsecalled...the hedgehog in salamandastron...when he died. or rose.
ps...maybe your rat is pregnant. you could make a fast buck by selling the ratlets back to the petshop...oh, the irony!

Firerunner
July 22nd, 2004, 10:51 AM
oh when Felldoh died too.

Cheesethief
July 22nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
ergo, martin the warrior could run for
saddest book.

Grath
July 22nd, 2004, 02:50 PM
when Cregga died near the end of (The) Taggerung. She was such a cool badger :(

Lonna Bowstripe
July 22nd, 2004, 09:33 PM
When Luke's crew died, and then when Luke died. Luke and his crew were the only mice in the series that I liked.

Come on! Matthias is cool.

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Come on! Matthias is cool.

Well, I guess he was better than most mice, but he was still kind of annoying.

LadyBeelze
July 22nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
when Cregga died near the end of (The) Taggerung. She was such a cool badger :(

I didn't think her death affected me that much. I mean after she got blind she was like meh.
Rose's death struck me alot too. But that's because i saw the tv series of the book before i actually read it. *sniff* The song brings tears to my eyes *sigh*. Hmm..i really need to reread some of the books. Does hon rosie die?? I swear she does..

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 22nd, 2004, 11:08 PM
Just to be careful I don't think she does.

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 11:15 PM
She doesn't.

LadyBeelze
July 23rd, 2004, 09:18 AM
Mm okay :p

Rillflag27
July 23rd, 2004, 11:02 AM
Beelze - you probably heard it from the cool seal language *wise nod*

Anyway, Rose's death didn't really affect me that much. Neither did Rillflag's, (though it was still messed up for sure ;) ). Anyone ever think about the baddies? Like Slagar's death? Oh the horror! He was awesome!. And Romsca, Bad gone good.

Goddess of Darkness
July 27th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Rose's death didn't effect me much either...

Mariel StormRider
July 28th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Rose's death didn't really affect me. (I think i said this in another post) I always felt that she was boring and her character lacked depth, so I didnt even like her at all. I agree that it was important to the plot of the books, since it really shapes Martin the Warrior into what he was in ther other books, but I wasn't sad to see her go. Besides...Felldoh only died a chapers before ...or pages...I forget , and I hadn't quite finished grieving for my favorite warrior dying yet, so consider that before I'm flamed by the masses

*expects flames*

Cheesethief
July 28th, 2004, 10:57 AM
you have a point. i could see [it] being well done in a film. if we ever get one...
thanks for all your spoiler tags guys!

Felldoh
July 28th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Mariel StormRider, that is exactly how I felt. You get no flames from me.

Yeah, my favorite character was just killed, so I can't say I cared much for a character that I thought was mediocre at best. She reminded me of Aeris from Final Fantasy VII, I just didn't really care when she died.

Cheesethief
July 29th, 2004, 04:34 PM
for me,
meryl from metal gear solid. i didnt give much.

Felldoh
July 29th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Hey, I liked her. Almoast shed a tear when she died. Thankfully you can save her.

Cheesethief
July 30th, 2004, 04:37 PM
afer dying once in torture, i gave up. ;)

Goddess of Darkness
July 30th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Accually, I was rather happy aboutRose's death because it makes the story a little deeper, which in my opinion is something that the Redwall series lacks...If you don't know what I mean by the first part, I'll just say this: My favorite book of all time is Lord of the Flies. So Rose's death made the book much better for me.

LordTBT
July 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Mask's death

well that wasnt really the saddest per se, but it was sad.

Cheesethief
July 31st, 2004, 07:56 AM
nah. it wasnt that sad tbt!

i found lord of the flies to be a bit muddled...mind you the pages fell out, maybe i put them back in the wrong order... :D

Felldoh
July 31st, 2004, 09:31 AM
I agree with Goddess of Darkness on the Rose issue too. I think both her and Felldoh's death made the plot alot deeper than most of the other books. I mean they were both main characters, Rose was introduced in the first chapter and Felldoh was introduced at the beginning of the second chapter, so it was suprising to see both of them get killed later.

Candied Chesnut
August 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM
i didnt find rose as such an important character so her death didnt really affect me. i thought felldoh had much more depth than rose and he really died like a hero, taking more than a score of badrangs soliders with him.

Cheesethief
August 2nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
as i have said before, skarlath dying could have been really sad.

Goddess of Darkness
August 4th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Nice avatar, Cheese!

Mariel StormRider
August 19th, 2004, 01:46 AM
as i have said before, skarlath dying could have been really sad.

could have been? I thought it was pretty sad ;)

Akkess of Empyrean
August 19th, 2004, 01:57 AM
It was the saddest! I practically rejoiced when
rose died.

Lonna Bowstripe
August 19th, 2004, 09:52 AM
You know, if you hover the cursor above a thread, it shows the first message? Well I was hovering it above this thread, and it showed the first message, including the spoiler. :confused:

Abbess Sinister
August 20th, 2004, 08:25 PM
How about the death of Queen Warbeak in Mattimeo? It is very sad, but at least it was in heroic fashion. She died fighting Stonefleck and the other vermin.

Candied Chesnut
August 20th, 2004, 08:40 PM
um...abbess...you should put the part about death under spoiler

Abbess Sinister
August 20th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Sorry about that

LadyBeelze
August 20th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Actually you don't have to put it in spoilers. Martin has clearly said that all the books up to Triss are okay to discuss in here without spoilers. It's just cheese and cinnbar that are so fussy about the edits.

Looks like this has become "The Saddest Death" topic. LoL. Ah well.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 20th, 2004, 11:44 PM
*Gets an old rag, pours some chloroform on it, and puts it up to LadyBeelzebumon's face. There is a thud, as she falls to the ground*
Now boys and girls, lets not listen to such rubbish. Using the spoiler tag is good. Candied Chesnut did something very, very, very good by telling Abbess Sinister to put that in a spoiler tag. LadyBeelzebumon doesn't know what she is talking about. Infact, I have a little game boys and girls, that I want you all to play. It's called "The Spoiler Tag Game" *oooooo, aaahhhhhh* Whoever can use the most spoiler tags (properly of course, Do not put things in spoiler tags unless it gives away the slightest thing in about a book) in a month will win a special prize. *more oooooooooo's and ahhhhhhhhhh's* So, go on out there and play "The Spoiler Tag Game!" It's going to be soooooo exciting to see who wins!!! I simply cannot wait!!!

Goddess of Darkness
August 20th, 2004, 11:51 PM
You guys distract him, I'll call the Loony Bin!

Akkess of Empyrean
August 21st, 2004, 12:29 AM
I'll eat him, it you like! :D ;) Loony bins cost money. :D

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 21st, 2004, 12:33 AM
Agian, get your head examined Akkess. Unless you are a canibal, then I fear I will have to call the police on you.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 21st, 2004, 12:44 AM
Best watch it Cinnastick Riversmell ;) ;) ;) You're the one who wanted to gag Ladybeelzabumon. Remember, I'm always watching.................
http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~zardoz/birds/photo/101-p-02.jpg

Goddess of Darkness
August 21st, 2004, 12:50 AM
Uh oh, the name spoofs have started! :lol: This will be interesting.....

Akkess of Empyrean
August 21st, 2004, 01:00 AM
Nah, If Cinnabar Rivershell ;) will allow me, I would like to call a truce (if a fight was a ever started in the first place). I'm REALLY not the type to go on fighting and arguing. It just gets pointless and annoying if it goes on for too long.

Anyway, he's probably right about getting my head checked. ;)

Goddess of Darkness
August 21st, 2004, 01:04 AM
I was kidding, I don't think you guys are actually fighting.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 21st, 2004, 01:05 AM
Nah, If Cinnabar Rivershell will allow me, I would like to call a truce (if a fight was a ever started in the first place). I'm REALLY not the type to go on fighting and arguing. It just gets pointless and annoying if it goes on for too long.

Cinnabarr It has two r's. I was never in a fight, you just got a little excited that's all.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 21st, 2004, 01:12 AM
Whatever. I'm speaking from experience. Nothing happened to me , I've just witnessed my friends go at it until it gets to far, then it was always up to me to stop it, because my friends were to immature to deal with it themselves. :mad: But there out of my life now :)

I wasn't excited. :confused:
When I say Cinnabarr , should I rrrrooll the 'r's? ;)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 21st, 2004, 01:18 AM
When I say Cinnabarr , should I rrrrooll the 'r's?
no. you don't roll the r's.

Goddess of Darkness
August 21st, 2004, 01:18 AM
Whatever. I'm speaking from experience. Nothing happened to me , I've just witnessed my friends go at it until it gets to far, then it was always up to me to stop it, because my friends were to immature to deal with it themselves. :mad:
That has happened to me, too...not a pleasant experience......

Akkess of Empyrean
August 21st, 2004, 01:24 AM
no. you don't roll the r's

I know that, only JPing. ;) That's what you'd do if you were speaking Spanish. ;)

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 03:30 PM
hey, my initials? what the? you meant JKing, right?
name spoofs?id like to see you lot try!
you want to see a user fight, i had a bust up with reds. but its sorted now. :)

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Go to "Caption Contest" in the general discussion. It involves me and your buddy. :rolleyes: That sure was pointless. :rolleyes:

Goddess of Darkness
August 24th, 2004, 05:54 PM
It's actually in "Not 'Caption Contest'", now...

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 24th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Go to "Caption Contest" in the general discussion. It involves me and your buddy. That sure was pointless.

Really? Then why did you persist in the arguement if it was pointless. I would have thought that you being so mature would have stopped if it was pointless.

To stay on topic, I thought that Bragoon's and Sarobando's death wasn't as sad as it could have been. Maybe it was just me.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 06:39 PM
I was provoked by your caustic manner. It was indeed for a frivolous cause.
That being the case, I believe I can question your maturity as well, or lack of it.

Whatever, let us put the put behind us. Heck, everyone's immature once in a while.
Anyhoo, Cinnabarr:
Refresh my memory. Which book is Bragoon and Sarobando from?

Goddess of Darkness
August 24th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Loamhedge.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 24th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Righto, thanks.
It was touching when Martin was holding that striped stone, thinking about his father.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 24th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I was provoked by your caustic manner.
Well, you need to learn some discipline.

That being the case, I believe I can question your maturity as well, or lack of it.

Heck, who ever said that I was mature? That'll be the day! I'm gonna stop posting off subject posts now as to respect the starter of this thread.

Barrag Barr
September 5th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I think the saddest moment in the series was whenCluny did n't kill Colin Vole when he held him captive :^(
no that was a joke :lol:
No i think it was sad when...
Vallag slew Cregga in the Taggerung. It was so sad it made me cry*sniff*I know shes peaceful but i hope she givbes him hell in the dark forest (no offense Cregga)

LoritheQuestor
September 7th, 2004, 05:48 PM
When Bragoon and Saro Died

Cheesethief
September 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM
sorry to deviate, but this is sad and its connected to redwall (kinda). the place where my dad grew up, and where my relatives live, is in Devon, in england. on the front page of the local newspaper there (my dad gets it sent up here) there was a story about some sad people who killed a badger and hung it on a sign advertising badger watches on a main road. badgers are supposed to carry TB, which can affect cows, but this is real bad.
er, sorry bout that..

chris the cynic
September 9th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I can't really pick a saddest point, but Veil's death was definitely up there. Think about it, here’s an evil thing, to the core, attempted murderer a couple of times over, thief, attacker, other-bad-thinger, and he finally turns it around. For once in his life he does a good thing, and how is he repaid for it? Death. Then to add to that the very one who once loved him, the only one who ever even liked him, refuses to admit that he made a sacrifice. She ignores his act of good and as a result he will always be remembered as completely evil, no one will ever care about the fact that he died good.