PDA

View Full Version : Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 10:28 AM
I was just wondering if anybody out there likes either of these excellent shows, and would like to discuss them here in this thread or at

http://stargating.proboards27.com/

Madd The Sane
July 22nd, 2004, 10:32 AM
I used to Watch Stargate SG-1. It was a good show.

Is the atlantis the disney version or a different one?

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 11:13 AM
The SGC sent an expedition to another galaxy, to the Lost City of Atlantis, home of the Ancients.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry guys, but its all about STAR TREK. :D

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 07:38 PM
No way, Stargate could kick Star Trek's butt any day of the week.

Lyrian Aryns
July 22nd, 2004, 08:16 PM
My mom poked at me to watch the Atlantis premier a while ago, but I never did get around to it, and I think she's taped over the tape by now... I meant to give it a spin, but I forgot. Blame Babylon 5. :P

I remember watching the movie about... a year and a half ago, maybe? It wasn't bad, but it didn't jump out and grab me, either. *shrug*

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 08:27 PM
The show is definitely better. It is more light-hearted, with a lot of good humor from Richard Dean Anderson as the lead actor. The new spin off, Atlantis, had a really good premiere. It has it's second episode tomorrow night, which I really look forward to.

Slagar the Cruel
July 22nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
I saw the movie Stargate. I think it was some sort of attempt to splice Egyptian mythology and science fiction...? It was okay, but nothing too special. I've heard of the TV series before, but I'm not sure how they were able to build a series around it.

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 09:00 PM
Here is the movie in a nutshell: an expedition goes from Earth to another planet by means of the Stargate, an alien device that creates a wormhole connecting two gates on different worlds. They encounter a primitive people with an ancient Egyptian dialect. They end up meeting Ra, the Sun God of Egyptian mythology, who is some sort of alien. Ra is an alien dictator, holding the primitive people as slaves and pretending to be a god. The humans end up killing him, and they leave the planet.

The show picks up a few years later in the timeline, where the stargate opens again, and aliens come through, kidnap some Air Force officers and leave. The show picks up from there

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 22nd, 2004, 10:16 PM
*coughspoilertagcough* Please excuse me, I have a bit of a cough.

No way, Stargate could kick Star Trek's butt any day of the week.
Can I get some people like TBT or Reds to tell this guy the truth. Even better, can Martin tell Joden the truth. Please I need some suport here. I'm not going to have a "star trek is better", "no, no its not", "yes, yes it is" battle hear. I need some people who know the truth so they can educate Joden. I'm sorry to come off as acting superior and cocky Joden, but nothing is better than STAR TREK. Nothing. But its okay, some people are just put into a mindset that STAR TREK is bad. So thats why, if I get some help here to tell you the truth, then perhaps I can awaken the truth within you.

By the way Lyrian, I'm dissapointed. Very disspointed. I would have thought that you out of all the people on this forum would have said something to Joden about Star Trek being better. Hhhmmm. Dissapointed indeed.

Lyrian Aryns
July 22nd, 2004, 11:17 PM
Well, I can't quite say that when I've seen less than five minutes total of SG-1, can I? It's a bit difficult to compare two shows without being familiar with them both.

Jodan
July 22nd, 2004, 11:53 PM
I didn't say Star Trek was bad, I like the Next Generation, the original series and Voyager. But, I just have to say I'm a bigger Stargate and Star Wars fan than Star Trek. And the name is Jodan

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 23rd, 2004, 12:48 AM
And the name is Jodan
My mistake Jodan. I dislike it when people misspell my name, so I understand. Sorry, I usual try to spell peoples names correctly.

Jodan
July 23rd, 2004, 08:30 AM
No problem.

Martin the Warrior
July 23rd, 2004, 09:17 PM
Can I get some people like TBT or Reds to tell this guy the truth. Even better, can Martin tell Joden the truth. Please I need some suport here. I'm not going to have a "star trek is better", "no, no its not", "yes, yes it is" battle hear. I need some people who know the truth so they can educate Joden. I'm sorry to come off as acting superior and cocky Joden, but nothing is better than STAR TREK. Nothing.

Quite a bit is better than Star Trek, actually. ;) Whether SG-1 is or not, I can't say, as I've only seen a few minutes of the series. The movie wasn't that great, but the series seemed to be infinitely better. I just never cared to give it a try. Still, Star Trek is only a television series. ;)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 23rd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Quite a bit is better than Star Trek, actually.
Blasphemy!!!! Blasphemy!!!!! :mad: