PDA

View Full Version : Um...Question.

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Where do I go if I want to post a non-Redwall-related poem? Or do I just post it and pretend it's Redwall-related?

Furrtil
July 22nd, 2004, 11:17 PM
Hmm... It would be very cool if there was a poetry or fiction place here that did not have to be Redwall... I'm guessing General Discussion is a good place to start... Maybe. I definitely do not have the answers you are looking for.

Also, if you have poetry hosted somewhere else, throw us a link! :D

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Also, how do I know someone won't steal it? And no, I would have to type it on here, it isn't anywhere on the web.

Furrtil
July 22nd, 2004, 11:25 PM
You really have no way of knowing, besides trusting the people who visit the sites where you have your material. Not to be paranoid, but anyone can steal your stuff it is on the internet, because it is hard to secure a copyright, and the power of the "copy/paste" button and of people's greed and stupidity is too strong. It helps to say that you would not like your poem in any way reproduced, and that it is copyrighted to you. (I'm not familiar with the copyright laws, but I'm pretty sure that any work a student does is copyright to his or herself.)

Plagiarism is a problem, and I hope you don't have to deal with it. I would recommend that you not publish on the internet your poems and prose that you might seriously consider sending into a real publisher. A publisher would not be pleased to see a "new, original work" floating around the internet of seven different websites. :p Please don't let that discourage you from posting work, though.

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 11:35 PM
So, say, I want to publish my poems and/or use my songs in my band, you reccomend I not post them? I've never posted them, so they are only known to me, my very best friends, and my English teacher.

Furrtil
July 22nd, 2004, 11:42 PM
Oh, I'm sure songs would be fine. Actually, probably anything would be fine if you could prove somehow that [your real name] is indeed Goddess of Darkness.

Waahhh! I'm too tired, and I can't think straight. I'm sorry for the (erm...edited. sorry, guys, I really am very tired) answers you're getting. Hope that someone more awake comes along to help you.

Goddess of Darkness
July 22nd, 2004, 11:44 PM
Thanks for your help!