PDA

View Full Version : The series just started over!

Jodan
July 23rd, 2004, 10:23 AM
Last week, PBS broadcast the first episode of Redwall. I have watched the show on and off for years, but now I can finally see it all the way through. Even though they show it once a week around here *grumble, grumble*

Rillflag27
July 23rd, 2004, 11:06 AM
What channels are they on? I've seen one or two episodes on PBS at the crack of dawn (8:30. Hey! That's the crack of dawn for me.) . I'm watching other channels but I can't find it. I'll go and check Redwall.tv.

Lord Servone
July 23rd, 2004, 11:40 AM
It seems that my PBS station started showing Redwall earlier this summer...its now coming to the end of Martin the Warrior.

Advice is to go to PBS.org, type in your zip code, and then it will give you schedules for your area...I think. Its been a while since I did it.

Cheesethief
July 23rd, 2004, 03:46 PM
please channel five, please! reconsider! i dont want george shrinks and braceface, i want redwall! help meeeee! i dont care if its on at 6am like before, but i want it!

LadyBeelze
July 23rd, 2004, 04:51 PM
I have redwall one twice a day every day of the week except saturday ^-^ One is on about 3:30 P.M. and the other comes on 5:30 P.M. :)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
July 23rd, 2004, 11:40 PM
Where I live, in THE CITY (it's a nickname for SF) Redwall television shows are constantly being put on then taken off. So it is hard to see episode by espisode. It might be on for a month, then it is gone for two months, then it comes back on again. I have seen several Redwall episodes. The last five minutes of one Mattimeo episode, and I have never seen a single minute of Martin the Warrior. I don't even think that they have put Martin the Warrior on PBS yet for the Bay Area.

Cheesethief
July 24th, 2004, 12:20 PM
i dont even think that theyll ever put on mattimeo or martin the warrior here! :(

Grath
July 30th, 2004, 11:34 PM
I went on PBS.org to see when the show would be on because I have never watched it before and could you believe it, they are not showing it at all here :( . I am very disappointed because I would really like to see the show.

Cheesethief
July 31st, 2004, 07:47 AM
youll have to buy the dvds from somewhere. it really is pretty good, worth your money. if you just want to get a basic version, get the movie on dvd, its cheaper too.

Felldoh
July 31st, 2004, 09:42 AM
Where I live they put on both Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior back to back, not missing one episode. :D The weird thing is that they didn't show Redwall... thats okay though, I got it on DVD.

Cheesethief
August 1st, 2004, 04:20 PM
great...maybe ill ask channel five if theyll ever put on the redwall series again. i should really get a petition.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
August 2nd, 2004, 03:58 AM
Grr. It wouldn't work for me, Cheesetheif, although I'd sign the petition. I live in a valley and there's no signal for Channel 5...

Cheesethief
August 2nd, 2004, 11:26 AM
yaah. maybe you should get digital or something. i couldnt get five before we got freeview. a one off payment of 60 including installation and the box. no contract or anything. unfortunately my sister is now addicted to "cbbc". :rolleyes:

Chelki Sureshot
August 2nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
I got it on DVD. Me too. But I'm dying to see Mattimeo. Stupid Spokane PBS. . .

Felldoh
August 2nd, 2004, 05:25 PM
Mattimeo suprised me, I think it is the best of the three seasons, though it seemed to go by too quick.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
August 5th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I have only seen a few minutes of Mattimeo - when I went on holiday, it was showing it, but I had to go somewhere else so I only saw a part of it.
However, I'm getting Mattimeo on DVD soon.
*Cant wait to see all the ferrets :p*

I've seen a few video clips of Martin the Warrior too. God, Felldoh's voice is BAAAAD! He sounds like a right nerd... hardly a warrior. Druwp's voice is cool. Felldoh would have been better off acted as him.

Candied Chesnut
August 5th, 2004, 09:18 PM
mattimeo ends on monday where i live. martin the warrior starts right after it. everyone keeps saying how bad felldoh's voice is and i cant wait to hear what its like

LadyBeelze
August 5th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Felldoh's voice isn't that bad. When i heard his voice for the first time i didn't think it was "nerdy" or anything like that. It suits him just fine. And Martin The Warrior is my favorite RWTV series by far. The animation seemed to have improved slightly and

i loved how they played Rose's Song at the end of the last episode when grum was putting flowers on roses grave and the song itself was pretty nice. Who was the song sung by anyway?

Martin the Warrior
August 5th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Rose's voice-actress actually sung the song, as I recall. Unfortunately, her name escapes me at the moment.

Lord Servone
August 6th, 2004, 01:40 AM
I'll cover that one for you, Martin ;)... her name's Lindsey Connell.

rowanoak
August 6th, 2004, 11:30 AM
singing and voice acting was one of the highlights of the MtW series IMO, the rest of the cast was pretty good too. I also enjoyed her short interview for the behind the scenes segment.

Felldoh
August 6th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Of course I gotta comment on Felldoh's voice. :D I thought his voice actor was good, but I don't think the voice fit him at all. Wasn't he supposed to be deep and gruff and not... that? I thought Brome, Martin, and Rose all had very good voices. But I can't forget about Keyla... his just... sucked. Like Felldoh, his voice actor wasn't bad, but it just didn't fit how I imagined him to sound at all.

Chelki Sureshot
August 10th, 2004, 01:24 PM
**sighs** I haven't seen it yet. I watched the clip with Felldoh, and he's too care-free sounding to me. Rose didn't have a pretty voice. It wa kinda flat and toneless, or maybe it's just me.

Felldoh
August 10th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I didn't like her singing, but I thought her talking voice was just fine.

Candied Chesnut
August 10th, 2004, 11:03 PM
i didnt think felldohs voice was too bad. then again, ive only heard him say a couple of lines so who am i to say? i dont really like the way they draw squirrels in the series though. what happened to the bushy tail? the way the squirrels tails are drawn makes them look like they used hair gel on it.

Bereden the Intrepid
August 11th, 2004, 01:36 AM
I thought the Warden's voice was too high and squeaky. I had imagined his voice as having a lower pitch with a more aggressive tone.

Felldoh
August 11th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Same here, and I just hated his character anyway so he really got on my nerves in the TV show.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 02:31 PM
while i was away five showed martin the warrior! i got the last three episodes, so i recorded them. the show was great, but felldoh and the hair i didnt like. ill comment tomorrow in more detail.

Candied Chesnut
August 24th, 2004, 03:39 PM
the last episode of mtw airs on the first day of school for me. AND I CANT WATCH IT!!! where i live, redwall airs everyday at 4pm. i go straight after school to this place where i do my homework and learn stuff and they dont have a tv there. i cant figure out how to get my tv to record while im not there! grrrr :mad:

Cheesethief
August 25th, 2004, 07:03 AM
i think redwall is gonna be back on five, after beyblade. its on weekdays at 10 here, which is good, if its on while im at school ill get my mum to record it. i start school at 8. i mean, ouch. :(

Rolinko
August 25th, 2004, 12:19 PM
But I can't forget about Keyla... his just... sucked. Like Felldoh, his voice actor wasn't bad, but it just didn't fit how I imagined him to sound at all.

Until I learned (from the IMDB) who the actor was that played Keyla, I actually believed that the writers had done the same thing that they did to Pallum - :eek: - and made him into a female character. Is that too hard for anyone to believe?

Candied Chesnut
August 25th, 2004, 01:34 PM
yeah, but in the after the show thing that those kids do about animation and such, the one called sacrifice was in keyla's honor and one of the kids who went on that pirate field trip called keyla a she. i think maybe the animaters did make him a her.

Felldoh
August 25th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Well, if they didn't refer to Keyla as a "he" in the show I'd agree. Who cares what those kids at the end said? They suck anyway. :p Besides, I've heard more girly sounding guys than that. Frankly, I thought changing Pallum to a she was almoast more fitting than him being a guy in the book.

LadyBeelze
August 25th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Eh i thought that all the voices fitted perfectly but that's probably cauz i saw the series before i read the actual book X.x.

TwinBlade Shortsword
August 25th, 2004, 08:45 PM
i thank the series for getting me hooked on the books,wot wot

Cheesethief
August 26th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Besides, I've heard more girly sounding guys than that. but not in the silence of the lambs (yeah, i watched that for the first time in a while last night, this time i actually got the plot. last time i saw it i was about 9 or something. :rolleyes:
anyways, ive only seen the last 3 episodes of mtw, but...
1 i didnt even hear keyla and pallum!
2 felldoh sounded rubbish
3 i didnt like the hair.
theres more, but those are main problems for me.
and hi twinblade.

Felldoh
August 26th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I haven't seen Silence of the Lambs, but I have seen Hannibal. I really want to see it though... who can forget the quote "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."? :D

I envy you for not hearing Keyla, Cheese... I'd offer to send you my Martin the Warrior tapes... but we're in different countries.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 26th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Maybe they made Pallum into a female because there were too many male main characters or something, I don't know. I'm sure they have a good reason.

Felldoh
August 27th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Doubtful, but like I said, I do think Pallum is better than a female than a male.

Cheesethief
August 27th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I haven't seen Silence of the Lambs, but I have seen Hannibal. I really want to see it though... who can forget the quote "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."? its really good. and that quote, well, classic. hannibal was...well, it was good, but kind of different. i havent seen red dragon.

I envy you for not hearing Keyla, Cheese... I'd offer to send you my Martin the Warrior tapes... but we're in different countries. yeah, why do they have that? NTSC, then PAL. they even have pal in brazil, which is crazy. its like plugs, whats the point in them being different in different countries? anyway, thanks for the offer fell.
back on topic, i didnt understand this.
Doubtful, but like I said, I do think Pallum is better than a female than a male. er..."than a female than a male"?

Candied Chesnut
August 28th, 2004, 12:08 AM
im sure it was "as a female than a male"

Felldoh
August 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Yes, thats what I meant. I just woke up then Cheese! Give me a break. :p

Hmm... I could also send you my old VCR that I plan on throwing out anyway... it works but it has no remote. :D

Cheesethief
August 28th, 2004, 02:36 PM
please...i have a plug converter an' everything! seriously, then i would stop hounding you over grammar...just as long as it gets here...british post...well, lets just say its not accurate...the mail guys open up anything in a big box and nick the chocolate (eve if its just a VCR...) :rolleyes: