PDA

View Full Version : Laterose's Noonvale Song

Candied Chesnut
August 11th, 2004, 11:06 PM
in the end of martin the warrior, laterose sings a song bout noonvale. i cant understand what shes saying in the part where keyla and some others are saying goodbye to an owl, whom i pressume is boldred. i know in ends in "like the wind soft and lonley", but what about the first few words? anyone know?

Lyrian Aryns
August 12th, 2004, 12:00 AM
The words are in MtW somewhere if you want to look it up (I think it's where Rose is singing to the bees), but here's how it goes as well as I can remember it:

You will find me in Noonvale on the side of a hill
When the summer is peaceful and high
Where streamlets meander, the valley is still
'Neath the blue of a calm, cloudless sky
Look for me at dawn when the earth is asleep
Till each dewdrop is kissed by the day
Neath the rowan and alder a vigil I'll keep
Every moment that you are away.
The earth gently turns as the seasons change slowly
All the flowers and leaves born to wane
Hear my song over the lea like the wind soft and lowly
And come back to Noonvale again.

Sorry about any mistakes and the (undoubtedly) missing punctuation. I'm tired. :p

rowanoak
August 16th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Yes the lyrics are very pretty. I felt Lindsay Connel did a really good job, she was better, IMO, then the lady on the audio version of the book. Her voice, along with what was been shown on screen made the song have a great emotionial affect.

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM
yes, i felt it was a great one. redwall stands out from the other cartoons because of its songs i would say. :)

Candied Chesnut
August 24th, 2004, 03:19 PM
its pretty amazing how brian jacques comes up with all the poems/songs. i wonder how long he spends writing them

Cheesethief
August 25th, 2004, 07:00 AM
im sure theres something about that on ask brian...

Abbess Sinister
August 26th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Every time that episode comes on and I hear that song I always shed a little tear. I's sooooooooooo sad!

Felldoh
August 26th, 2004, 06:57 PM
It is a very sad moment... it didn't make me cry, but it did make me sad.

TwinBlade Shortsword
August 26th, 2004, 07:01 PM
i cried a little because it was sad how rose died i did the same with the books too

Candied Chesnut
August 26th, 2004, 09:14 PM
twin blade, put part bout rose dying under spoiler, even though most people here already know that.

well, i just saw the episode today, and I CRIED MY EYES OUT! same with the book. the tv show makes her death a lot sadder

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 26th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Boy Candied Chesnut you're simply WONDERFULLY MAGNIFICENT! This is the second time you have (politely) told others to use the spoiler tag. DANGA! Keep up the good work. You lot could learn a few things here from Candied Chesnut.

Felldoh
August 27th, 2004, 09:12 AM
I too support spoiler tag usage... just not as... outright as you do Cinnabarr. :p

Anyway, good work Candied Chesnut. *Gives you a cookie*

P.S: I agree with you Candied Chesnut, I also thought Rose's death was alot sadder in the TV show than in the book. But Felldoh's was the opposite... in the book his death made me REALLY sad, but in the TV show it was only slightly sad. I'll admit I shed a tear at his death in the book.

Cheesethief
August 27th, 2004, 10:27 AM
heyhey, im pro-spoiler too! we should form a resistance group or something...
anyway, i thought nelvana dealt with
rose poppin her clogs pretty well. felldoh, on the other hand, was done poorly. barkjon was great though.

Candied Chesnut
August 28th, 2004, 01:36 PM
*grabs cookie from felldoh and stuffs it greedily in mouth* thanks cinn. i actually had mtw ruined for me when i read somewhere that rose had died cheese, cool idea, but martin would probably go crazy if we did. didnt you and cinn give him a big headache about the whole spoiler argument?

Cheesethief
August 28th, 2004, 02:39 PM
er, er, yeahyeah, hmm, now, what were we talking about before? ;) yes, we did, kind of...but that was a long time ago...wonder when he'll edit the rules?

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 28th, 2004, 05:08 PM
wonder when he'll edit the rules?
I'm still waiting.

The Red Badger
August 28th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Not going to happen. And the more you press, the less likely it'll be. :shades:

Slagar the Cruel
August 28th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Spoiler-tags are for sissies and lesser wimps.

Cheesethief
August 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM
:lol: i just cant stop laughing suddenly! i dont know what it is! why am i using so many exclamation marks?! why?!

Candied Chesnut
August 29th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Spoiler-tags are for sissies and lesser wimps.

and what do you mean by that?

Cheesethief
August 30th, 2004, 12:20 PM
still laughing! maybe its something to do with what Slagar said! i really have no idea! really!

Candied Chesnut
September 2nd, 2004, 11:44 PM
um...cheese, if you dont stop laughing, you'll blow up. but hey...IM LAUGHING TOO!!! hey slagar! answer my question!!!

Cinnabarr Rivershell
September 3rd, 2004, 01:11 AM
I'm not laughing.

Felldoh
September 3rd, 2004, 07:49 AM
Yeah... I don't see whats so funny.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
September 3rd, 2004, 11:50 AM
*Chucks a tin of cookies at Felldoh in praise of him*

I don't believe it! YOU HAVE A QUOTE FROM THE DEPTFORD MICE!!!! I LOVE YOU!

I am forever in your dept.

Felldoh
September 3rd, 2004, 08:41 PM
You're also a fan? :D In that case, I LOVE YOU TOO! *Gnaws on the cookies* The Deptford Mice series is currently my favorite book series. If you wanna discuss it with me, head on over to its topic in General Discussion, or AIM me or something...

Aleisou Swiftpounce
September 4th, 2004, 05:00 AM
WHOOHOO! Somebody who shares my joy! And the Deptford Histories rox my sox too.

Cheesethief
September 5th, 2004, 11:23 AM
ive stopped laughing, now ill explain.

Spoiler-tags are for sissies and lesser wimps. ok, he said that, which implies that we are "lesser wimps" and he is, in fact a "greater wimp". geddit?
yeah. think about it. slagar, dont be rash. :cool: