PDA

View Full Version : Funny Moments...Intentional and Unintentional

Lord Servone
August 13th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Were there any parts of the show that made you laugh even though it wasn't meant to be funny?

-Did anybody else find this odd:
In Redwall, why did Cornflower tuck in those other mousemaids? They were pretty simple-minded I guess but they were probably the same age as Cornflower. If anybody was tucking anybody in, shouldn't it be Constance doing the tucking? She IS the Badger Mother after all...

-In the episode with the circus, I laughed for a good minute when Fleabane or whatever his name was kicked Basil in the stomach and he made an "oooh!" noise. I don't know why, but I just found it funny.

-The animation flub where Log-a-Log was being chained up along with Skan and the other traitous shrews.

Here are some that were probably meant to be funny and were, imo...

- A few of Ragear's lines were funny, I thought...like "my end's heavier than yours."

-"There's a bally squirrel wearing my tucker!" or whatever Ballaw said when he saw Felldoh with his food on his head. It was not necessarily the line that was funny, but it was the way he said it.

Anyway, I may post some more when I think of some...maybe y'all have some too...

Candied Chesnut
August 13th, 2004, 08:24 PM
i thought it was pretty funny how the guards acted when brome was hollering about the flingy twinge(or something like it)

Agravaine
August 13th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Flurgy twinge, methinks it was.

The hedgehogs attacking Orlando struck me as particularly funny, as it was in the book. Have to love the "But what's a jubilation?" part.

Felldoh
August 14th, 2004, 09:54 AM
For some reason I thought it was extremely funny when Cluny screamed out "Heads will roll for this!"... I don't remember why he said that though...

Chelki Sureshot
August 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I haven't seen Mattimeo or MtW, but from Redwall, I love the part where Constance hugs Basil, and you hear something crack, and then he can barely talk.

Lonna Bowstripe
August 14th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I haven't seen Mattimeo or MtW, but from Redwall, I love the part where Constance hugs Basil, and you hear something crack, and then he can barely talk.

MtW came out on RTV?
Also, where can you find the times and stations for it?

Senav
August 15th, 2004, 06:30 PM
The only thing I can think of at the moment is the animation blooper where Rollo and Foremole pop up in Malkarris. That merits a giggle.

rowanoak
August 16th, 2004, 12:29 PM
In "Redwall": When Cluny said "I want his head" and Basil responded"What's the matter, your head not good enough?"(sorry if that is not word for word).
In Mattimeo: Bady Rollo's reaction to having to take a bath, and copying Ambrose when he was training the troops.
In MtW: Kayla telling the "Flurgy Twinge" story, and the guards reacting. Some have criticized Noah Reid's voice work, but I felt he did a good job on sounding concerned; it was convicing.

Chelki Sureshot
August 18th, 2004, 05:01 PM
The only thing I can think of at the moment is the animation blooper where Rollo and Foremole pop up in Malkarris. That merits a giggle. I don't see why they make these kind of mistakes.

Candied Chesnut
August 18th, 2004, 07:54 PM
rollo and foremole popping up in malkariss??? how could i have missed that???

Akkess of Empyrean
August 19th, 2004, 12:18 AM
I think it's funny how sometimes a creature's fur colour will change occasionally. Off hand, I can remember Badrang's neckfur as light grey, and then *poof* it's dark grey. And *poof* back to normal. I wonder if they actually miss those sorts of errors, or they neglect them.

Lord Servone
August 19th, 2004, 04:05 PM
That's a typical error in virtually every animated show...you'd be hard pressed to find a cartoon show without at least one episode with at least one animation coloring flub.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 19th, 2004, 06:10 PM
You'd think it wouldn't be hard to notice and change it :confused:

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 02:43 PM
clogg was good. and crosstooth. he and badrang had some good stuff.

Rolinko
November 28th, 2004, 10:41 PM
I think it's funny how sometimes a creature's fur colour will change occasionally.
I'm amused at one scene where an otter performs an amazing instantaneous eye color change. Observe.

http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/113590.jpg
http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/113592.jpg
Amazing!
Instead of narrating my favorite scene, I'll show it to you.
http://www.filespace.org/Rolinko/Clip_1.gif
:D :D :D :D :D

Lord Servone
November 29th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Maybe its just me, but its fun to make up your own dialogue to that scene... at least I had fun doing it xP.

Its also funny how that otter has rodent incisors...

Rolinko
January 10th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Here and now is as good a time and place as any to advertise my little corner of the WWW. Guess I picked this thread 'cause I had links to a pair of my images a few posts back. A small collection of shots collected from the only pair of Redwall DVDs released in North America at the moment. (More accurately, Canada, or so I believe.) Some of the shots do, in fact, feature some funny moments...intentional and unintentional. 640X480 resolution. A few of them might make good wallpaper. Also, if anyone has requests, I'll do my best. Keep in mind, it's Season 1 only... or is it...?

http://imagehost.biz/ims/album.php?u_id=3798eX85E

Rolinko
January 10th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Post Script

The site's down. Then it's back up. Then it's down again. Sorry, not my fault.

Hisk
January 17th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Its also funny how that otter has rodent incisors...
I notice that quite a few non-rodents in the TV series have wierd teath. I wonder why that is? (check out my avatar, that guys got teeth like a beaver.)