PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another theory..A stupid one

Akkess of Empyrean
August 16th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Ahem....................

As everyone knows, Fort Marshank was built on a cliff by the sea, and it was supposedly good territory....or was it............

By watching the MTW, and by looking at the geography of the cliff where Badrang chose to build his fort, I believe that Marshank stands on unstable ground! :eek: If you look at the seaside cliffs, they go on for miles .
This may have been caused by a receding ocean(if it is, than Marshank would be there for a while) OR, some catastrophic event *hint hint* caused the east shore to collapse (it's unlikely that something so far away as the east shore could be affected immeadiately, so here's what probably happened):

Something weakened the land by the ocean, perhaps the eastern sea itself, with is salty waves and strong winds, and perhaps some explosion far away.....
Okay,anyway, it's possible it collapsed about 40 years(more or less) before Badrang arrived on the east coast-that's why the cliffs are so bare of an ample supply of vegetation, and that's why there's so many boulders on the shore line (If it happened a long time ago, the large rocks would be eroded).It's called a slum. No, not like a ghetto.
Note the cliff where Marshank is built-the cliff is concave-not a good sign-also in the show there was a whole pile of boulders by the fort, and I'm guessing that would only speed up the possiblity that the cliff will collapse again, also the fact with a fortress built adding weight.

Martin and co. should have left! Mother Nature may have done all the work for them if the cliffs collapsed! Marshank would be gone and Rose might be alive! :lol: But then, the rest of the books wouldn't have taken place. ;)

somebody stop my pointless theories......

Candied Chesnut
August 16th, 2004, 09:57 PM
uh...maybe you should have put the part bout rose dying under spoiler

Akkess of Empyrean
August 16th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Oh man! I forgot the spoiler tag! (Hits self on head) :mad:
badbadbadbad!

sorry about that guys!MERCY!

Lord Servone
August 16th, 2004, 10:20 PM
I'm just wondering...isn't that one of those things that happens that everybody knows about? Does it even need a spoiler tag? Just asking.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 16th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Probably not, but you never know.

Bla, what was I thinking when I started this thread. You have to read the Volcanic island theory to understand my,er....fluff.

Summerstar
August 17th, 2004, 05:54 PM
does all that stuff really matter :confused: It's not like we can rewrite the books or anything. Sorry about being a spoil sport. But then again, I do wish that You-know-who had survived. stupid (was it?) Badrang

Felldoh
August 17th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Interesting idea, but do you really think they thought of that at the moment? If they did it'd be a pretty short book...

LordTBT
August 17th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I dont think this matters at all or has any relevance sorry.

Akkess of Empyrean
August 17th, 2004, 06:14 PM
There is no way they could have thought of it, and I'm glad they didn't. I loved the book the way it was. Besides, even if they had known, I doubt they would have cared. Especially Martin.

It's not like we can rewrite the books or anything. Sorry for being a spoil sport. -of course we wouldn't want to rewrite the books. It was nauht but a mere theory. And don't worry, you're not a spoil sport.

As to you-know-who dying, well, I praise Badrang for it. All of the other books would be changed. I never liked her that much anyway. ;)

-I agree with LordTBT, like I said before, it was a mere theory.

Oh, and thanks Martin for editing that part :)

Cinnabarr Rivershell
August 17th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LordTBT

I dont think this matters at all or has any relevance sorry.
I concur.

Goddess of Darkness
August 17th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Not everything has to be completely relevant...Almost everything I do has nothing to do with anything...like putting random thing into the microwave...I thought the catapillar would explode, but it just sort of deflated...but instead of air coming out, it was guts! CEL! Grapefruits are interesting too. And the evil Peeps...their secret army will be defeated! They're out to get me...the Peeps...Peeps...*twitch**twitch*

Akkess of Empyrean
August 17th, 2004, 11:21 PM
IT WAS ONLY-A-THEORY!!!!! RELEVANCE SHMELEVANCE!!!!

*breaths deep* I am calm. :cool: sorry about that folks. ;)

Candied Chesnut
August 18th, 2004, 07:38 PM
youre really into the whole geology thing arent you...

Akkess of Empyrean
August 19th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Yep yep :) ! It's fun to ponder on the existence of the world we live upon, and mindboggling to realize the natural powers of earth. Brain candy :D

Cheesethief
August 24th, 2004, 02:41 PM
ok, THE thing should always be in a spoiler, cause redwall was the first remember? so you read redwall, then mtw, but if you came here between and it got spoiled...whatever, i mean, spoilers are just a click away and you never know.
anyways, er, this is pretty strange, ill probably question that theory when im not tired sometime.