PDA

View Full Version : Only Time

Candied Chesnut
August 17th, 2004, 11:11 PM
heheheh...this is my first attempt at a fanfic...so if its bad, dont blame me. actually, its a songfic so i wasnt sure if it belonged to the fanfiction section or the poetry and song one, but i just put it here in the end. its about matthias reflecting on his relationship with cornflower. kinda like a time line...
~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~*
Disclaimer: I don’t own Redwall, which is Brian Jacques’s, or the song, which belongs to Enya.

This is in Matthias’s POV for those of you who didnt read a word of what I just said above

Only Time:

Who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows?
Only time...

We first met during Abbot Mortimer’s Jubilee Feast. I thought you were pretty even then. You had the longest eyelashes, the brightest eyes, the softest fur, and the whitest teeth. I fell head on in love with you.

And who can say if your love grows,
As your heart chose?
Only time...

When was the first time I realized that maybe, just maybe, you loved me too? The night the Voles were taken captive. Your brave words were what drove me to complete my mission.

Who can say why your heart sighs,
As your love flies?
Only time...

We were married at the end of that summer. I cannot remember a day happier. You were to be my wife, for me to cherish forever.

And who can say why your heart cries,
When your love lies?
Only time...

When you gave birth to our son, I remember being scared. You screamed so loud. I wished that it was I who was feeling the pain, not you. I really thought that I would lose you.

Who can say when the roads meet,
That love might be,
In your heart.

We named him Matthias Methuselah Mortimer, or commonly known as Mattimeo. He was the abbey brat, but we loved him anyways.

And who can say when the day sleeps,
If the night keeps all your heart?
Night keeps all your heart...

Then, the masked fox Slagar drugged us during a feast and stole him away. I went to rescue him and his friends from the fox. I returned one season later. Did you miss us when we were away? I missed you.

Who can say if your love grows,
As your heart chose?
Only time...

Mattimeo married your best friend’s daughter, Tess. You were so happy that day. I was too, just because you were.

And who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows?
Only time...

We grow no younger as time passes. Mattimeo took my place as abbey warrior. Tess gave birth to their son, Martin, completing the circle of warriors. I wonder if he was scared when he heard her scream with pain during labor. One day soon, we will both arrive at the gates of the Dark Forest. If you go before me, wait for me. I’ll be there soon. If I go before you, I’ll wait for you. Until that day, what will we do to pass the time? What other wondrous happenings await us down the road of life? Who knows? Only time…

Who knows?
Only time...

Who knows?
Only time...
~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~* ~*
I love this song by Enya. Anyways, what did you think? Matthias and Cornflower are my favorite Redwall couple so yeah....