PDA

View Full Version : Non-canon couples

Mariel StormRider
September 11th, 2004, 10:55 PM
What are some couples that wern't written into the Redwall books that you think would be be good, or would be fun to explore?

For example, I think that Felldoh and Trefoil would have made an awesome couple. I know Celedine was the one who was flirting with him and all, but I just can't really see their personalities matching. Trefoil, on the other hand, could match him really well, because she was really practical and tough. For instance, the scene where she told Celedine to buzz off and stop bugging Felldoh, and then she started snapping firewood alongside him, my thought process was like...COME ON!!! YOU TWO WOULD MAKE THE PERFECT COUPLE!!!

I guess, though, since Felldoh dies, it wouldn't really work out. It'd be too sad having two couples ending in one being killed off. Oh well...there's always the realm of fanfiction.

What do you guys think? Do you think the two of them are a good match?Are there any non-canon couples that you think would be good?

Felldoh
September 11th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I always rooted for Trefoil and Felldoh instead of Felldoh and Celandine. Celandine kinda irritates me...

Candied Chesnut
September 11th, 2004, 11:16 PM
well, for one thing mariel, put the part about felldoh dying under spoiler.

anyways, ive always thought that dannflor and song would be great. but ho hum. song just HAS to go and become abbess another one is mariel and dandin. doesnt everyone think that? and ive always thought that dotti and bucko bigbones would be nicely matched for some weird reason. :rolleyes:

Mariel StormRider
September 11th, 2004, 11:18 PM
opps...sry bout that. It's fixed now :D

Yeah...Dotti and Bucko would make a good couple, but I always rooted for her and one of the hare twins. It was so funny though, how they were boxing each other to get her attention

Felldoh
September 11th, 2004, 11:23 PM
One question... do they gotta be from the same book? :D

Mariel StormRider
September 11th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Not necessarily ;)

Felldoh
September 11th, 2004, 11:31 PM
I vote for Felldoh and Russa then. Their both very strong warriors who fight with a stick... and they both died very bravely in battle.

Akkess of Empyrean
September 11th, 2004, 11:34 PM
I wish Basil could have found someone :( , but at the moment I can't think of a good match.

Ferahgo the Assassin
September 11th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Mother Mellus and Lord Rawnblade. Hee hee hee.

Mariel StormRider
September 11th, 2004, 11:53 PM
I vote for Felldoh and Russa then. Their both very strong warriors who fight with a stick... and they both died very bravely in battle.

OH OH OH!!! You've just given me a GREAT idea for a fanfic, where either Felldoh and Russa meet each other in the Dark Forest or Russa has dreams of Felldoh. Romance either way....*creative juices flowing*:D

You're so right, they'd make an AWESOME couple. They're really similar, not to mention that they both had thier little novices to train...aka Brome and Tammo

Felldoh
September 12th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Woah. I gave you an idea? I feel special. :D I was thinking something like that would work...

LordTBT
September 12th, 2004, 12:11 AM
we dont need spoilers for any of this.

Mariel StormRider
September 12th, 2004, 12:17 AM
I wish Basil could have found someone :( , but at the moment I can't think of a good match.

um...I can't think of anyone in the books he's in. However, he'd go great with Dotti's aunt. I'd say he'd go good with Dotti, but he seemed older than her. Or maybe Twanblade..sp?...from Long Patrol

t@gg :)
September 12th, 2004, 04:28 PM
OH OH OH!!! You've just given me a GREAT idea for a fanfic, where either Felldoh and Russa meet each other in the Dark Forest or Russa has dreams of Felldoh. Romance either way....*creative juices flowing*

You're so right, they'd make an AWESOME couple. They're really similar, not to mention that they both had thier little novices to train...aka Brome and Tammo

Not if I do first ;) In fact I'm starting tommorow.

Mariel StormRider
September 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM
ok...well how bout this-we both write our fanfics, and agree that neither stole the idea from the other but we both stole it from Felldoh ;)

Felldoh
September 12th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Here's a good idea... you both do one and you then go against each other in Tagg's fanfiction contest. :D I don't mind if you steal from me... especially if you make it good. :)

Rolinko
December 1st, 2004, 02:22 PM
Back from the dead; back on topic.
Anyone who has read Outcast of Redwall knows how much Swartt ignored Bluefen when they had to get married after Bluefen's father died. But Swartt couldn't have ignored her entirely, or otherwise Veil would not exist. ;) I think they must've had something between them, although I doubt Swartt would want anyone to know that the Pitiless One may in fact not be so pitiless after all. So, I think they are a good couple, albeit a couple destined for tragedy. But look back at the start of the book; there is a strange verse quoted from Nightshade the vixen. I don't have it with me but it contained something about the Sixclaw coming to ". . .Dark Forest gate/there a little flower awaits,/one day to seal your fate." Why do you think BJ wrote this little poem? When do you think Nightshade said this, and why, and most of all was Swartt within hearing range at the time? :confused:

Keyla
December 1st, 2004, 02:53 PM
It would seem to refer to Bryony. She seals his fate through her actions and her name is that of a flower. In fact many Redwall names that don't sound all that floral actually are, such as Twayblade and Trefoil.

Martin of Redwall II
December 3rd, 2004, 11:19 AM
I would LOVE it if Mariel and Dandin got together.. :D
**omg... i completely forgot that it was redwall week for some time there.... i was wondering the the patroller forum for a few mins :p **
apart from mariel and dandin............................i would say, hmm....Martin and Rose! :D i WISHED those two got together....

Sandstripe the Wild
December 4th, 2004, 01:04 PM
I was a big fan of Felldoh and Treefoil becoming a couple as well as Dannflor and Songbreeze, I wish they would do a sequel to Marlfox. I did also like Rufe Brush and Treerose (I was practically yelling at Rufe for ignoring/not noticing Treeroses passes), kinda ironic that she wound up with Oak Tom who didn't really have much of a part in the story (not that I don't like him but I think Rufe and Tree would've made a nice couple)