PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite Disney Movie?

Grath
October 9th, 2004, 10:26 PM
I'm bored so I decided to ask everyone, what is your favorite Disney movie.
My favorite is Mulan, its a great movie and the scene with the huns is awesome.

Plus Mushu rocks!!!!!

Jodan
October 9th, 2004, 11:38 PM
I like Atlantis. I'ma big fan of the Atlantis myth, and their own version of it was pretty cool. But I pretty much like any Disney movie.

Felldoh
October 9th, 2004, 11:42 PM
I'm not really a Disney fan, but I do like their version of Robin Hood.

Renegade
October 10th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Probably "The Lion King"

Cheesethief
October 10th, 2004, 08:31 AM
fantasia was ok. but as for a good actual cartoon film, probably obin hood.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
October 10th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Aladdin (the first one)

Lyrian Aryns
October 10th, 2004, 02:24 PM
The Lion King, without a doubt. It has been since I first saw it.

Nora the Rover
October 10th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Probably 'Treasure Planet'. The music was great, and the sci-fi aspect gave an interesting angle on the old story.

Satacu
October 10th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I like Fantasia 2000 and Pirates of The Carribean.

Rillflag27
October 10th, 2004, 02:47 PM
THe Lizzie McGuire Movie. ;) j/k

Lion King.

Ferahgo the Assassin
October 10th, 2004, 04:05 PM
The Lion King and The Fox and the Hound (love your icon, Lyrian Aryns :)). Robin Hood was really good, too. My brother taped over my version for a Friends episode. :rolleyes:

Atlantis wasn't bad either.

LordTBT
October 10th, 2004, 04:18 PM
You mean animated Disney movie right? Aladdin

Sandstripe the Wild
October 10th, 2004, 05:56 PM
This is a trickey one, it would have to be a tie between Oliver & Company, The Lion King I and II, Brother Bear, Pirates of the Carribean, Fox and the Hound, and Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure.

Slagar the Cruel
October 10th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Aladdin. It's funny, it's well animated, it's got good characters, it's got an interesting story, and the music is good, too. The only problem is that Genie's references are extremely dated.

Sandstripe the Wild
October 10th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Aladdin. It's funny, it's well animated, it's got good characters, it's got an interesting story, and the music is good, too. The only problem is that Genie's references are extremely dated.

Really how so, I thought the whole movie was rather good. Especially since they got Robin Williams to play Genie.

Trowbaggs
October 10th, 2004, 08:06 PM
All the recent disney movies have been horrible. I think the best one is The Lion King. That was a classic.

Lord Servone
October 10th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Come now; Brother Bear was a really good one. Home on the Range however...*shudders* monstrosity. It seems Disney knew it was going to be their last 2D so they just didn't care how they made it. Or perhaps it was strategic in they wanted people to see how bad it was so they wouldn't miss the 2D style...they were fools anyway to do what they did. Or should I say Eisner was a fool. 2006 isn't soon enough for him to get the sack...

Favorites: Robin Hood's probably the best Disney animated comedy and the funnest, but its not the best (though its one of my all time favorites, as is Sword in the Stone). The best one is probably either Lion King or Aladdin. The question is what is my favorite so those three (not counting the one/s in the paraphesis) fit the bill. So I'm done. Disney had a lot of good animated movies, hopefully after Eisner's gone they can pick up the pieces of their 2D stuff and get some good screenplays and whatnot and make quality stuff again. I hope that Chicken Little is terrible and flops...that'll show 'em.*

*For more on my opinions on animation, check out my article on the subject at my website...

LordTBT
October 10th, 2004, 08:29 PM
All the recent disney movies have been horrible. I think the best one is The Lion King. That was a classic.

I liked Tarzan, Lilo and Stitch, and the other ones. I just feel that Disney is relying too much on computers nowadays. Way too much. I don't think Disney animators are capable of making anything up to the standard 'Bambi' anymore.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
October 10th, 2004, 08:42 PM
The animated Disney movie era has past. I noticed it a few years ago. It makes me sad. Very sad. :(

P.S. I also thought that Balto was a good one.

Felldoh
October 10th, 2004, 09:21 PM
I forgot about Fox and the Hound... I guess that would go on my list too.

Grath
October 10th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Come now; Brother Bear was a really good one. Home on the Range however...*shudders* monstrosity. It seems Disney knew it was going to be their last 2D so they just didn't care how they made it. Or perhaps it was strategic in they wanted people to see how bad it was so they wouldn't miss the 2D style...they were fools anyway to do what they did. Or should I say Eisner was a fool. 2006 isn't soon enough for him to get the sack...

Oh good I'm not the only one here who hates Eisner. I will be so glad to see him leave in 2006 and I hope that when he leaves 2d will return to its formal glory because I've seen pictures of the new 3d movies and they make me want to gag. Also enough with the cheapquels. I've been told that they're making Bambi 2, what else is there to talk about any way in that movie. Disney is not as great as it once was I can tell you that.

LordTBT
October 10th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Oh good I'm not the only one here who hates Eisner. I will be so glad to see him leave in 2006 and I hope that when he leaves 2d will return to its formal glory because I've seen pictures of the new 3d movies and they make me want to gag. Also enough with the cheapquels. I've been told that they're making Bambi 2, what else is there to talk about any way in that movie. Disney is not as great as it once was I can tell you that.

What else is nifty is that Pixar and Disney are done. Theyre last movies together are the Incredibles, and Cars!.

Rolinko
October 10th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Disney hit its peak at Steamboat Willie. It's all been downhill from there. :lol:

PiarasJ
October 11th, 2004, 12:05 AM
My favourite is Treasure Planet, I like the whole concept and the ships are awesome. What makes it my favourite though is Jim's board- I want one!!

I loved The Jungle Book as well. I haven't seen the sequel(s?), and I don't think I want to.
Disney hit its peak at Steamboat Willie. It's all been downhill from there. :lol: :lol:

I'm not too fond of digital animation, it looks pretentious to me, like it's trying to be as realistic as possible but not quite making it...sort of a mongrel species of moviemaking halfway between cartoon and live action. What they did on Treasure planet was excellent though (IMHO) how they melded the two techniques together. I haven't seen Atlantis but it looks incredible.

The end.

Jodan
October 11th, 2004, 10:15 AM
I love their computer animated stuff. Finding Nemo was great, as was Toy Story. I can't remember if Shrek is Disney.

I also want to see Brother Bear. I missed it in theaters.

Sandstripe the Wild
October 11th, 2004, 12:14 PM
I heard somewhere that they're making Fox and the Hound II: Friends Forever (or something like that), it's suppose to come out to theaters in 2006 and Trace Adkins is going to do some of the music for it.

PiarasJ
October 11th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Finding Nemo is an exception, I thought it was great. I can't watch cartoons anymore because my family will yell at me if I get them out at Blockbuster. :rolleyes: But they don't seem to mind things like Finding Nemo and Shrek...

Trowbaggs
October 11th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Er... wasnt Shrek made from dreamworks?

LadyBeelze
October 11th, 2004, 05:14 PM
For me it's kind of a three way tie between Fox and The Hound, The Lion King, and Mulan. But i steer clear of all disney sequels! God, they're so horrible..and all of them seem the same to. Take the daughter/son of the main character in the first one and then make them have the exact opposite movtives. *grumble*

Trowbaggs
Er... wasnt Shrek made from dreamworks?

Yeah that's what i thought too..

LordTBT
October 11th, 2004, 05:53 PM
For me it's kind of a three way tie between Fox and The Hound, The Lion King, and Mulan. But i steer clear of all disney sequels! God, they're so horrible..and all of them seem the same to. Take the daughter/son of the main character in the first one and then make them have the exact opposite movtives. *grumble*

Yeah that's what i thought too..

I liked both of the Aladdin sequels

t@gg :)
October 11th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I hate how in the sequels they change the animation. I think Stich 2 woulda been great but it looked diffrent than #1 making it lose value. And I never noticed any1 mention The Aristocats...thats a good one. What is an Aristocat, anyway?

LoritheQuestor
October 11th, 2004, 06:49 PM
I liked The Fox and the Hound and The Lion King

Sandstripe the Wild
October 11th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I've been told that they're making Bambi 2...

You wouldn't happen to know when that one supposed to be released, would you?

Slagar the Cruel
October 11th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Really how so, I thought the whole movie was rather good. Especially since they got Robin Williams to play Genie.
Genie turning into Jack Nicholson entirely at random just to call Aladdin "Sparky" doesn't strike you at all as a dated reference?

Sandstripe the Wild
October 11th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Not really, to strike me as a dated reference I would've had to understand what that fraze ment. Sorry I tend to be a bit slow sometimes.

Jodan
October 11th, 2004, 08:37 PM
What is an Aristocat, anyway?

The original term is aristocrat, which is a member of the upper class in a society. Disney made a play on words, since the cats were the upper class of the cat society in Britain.

Lord Servone
October 11th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I liked both of the Aladdin sequels

Those are the only sequels that actually worked, imo...Disney pushed its luck afterwards. I never saw Lion King 2...heard mixed things.
1 1/2 was really bad though. It seemed to just make a joke of the first one.

Cheesethief
October 12th, 2004, 02:43 PM
two years ago or so disney released sequels to almost all their animated films. *ack*

Disney hit its peak at Steamboat Willie. It's all been downhill from there. *snigger*

Russus Robur
October 13th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Being a collector of Disney memorabilia it very difficult to choose a favorite movie. They all have their good points and their bad points. If I was to go by what I have collected most as a indication which would be the best movie. The Lion King would be first followed by Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians and Lilo and Stitch.

Abbess Sinister
October 13th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Does anyone remember The Great Mouse Detective? I absolutely LOVED it. For those who don't know, it was a spoof of Sherlock Holmes. My favorite characters in it where the toymaker's daughter Olivia and Basil's dog Toby.

I also loved Lion King and Robin Hood. Now those were the classics! Other great classics include Dumbo and Pocahontas.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
October 13th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Does anyone remember The Great Mouse Detective?
Oh Yea! I loved that one. It was great! Abso-flippin'- lutely fantastic. Infact, it was so good, that if I had the DVD of VHS, I'd watch it right now.

Martin the Warrior
October 13th, 2004, 11:48 PM
The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King was a nice run of quality Disney had in the late-'80's, early-'90's. More recently Mulan, Tarzan, and Lilo & Stitch have been pretty good. Virtually all of Disney's backlog of animated films are masterpieces, though, so it's tough to choose.

It is a shame to see them abandoning 2D animation. Eisner made a mess of things.

Genie turning into Jack Nicholson entirely at random just to call Aladdin "Sparky" doesn't strike you at all as a dated reference?

Not as dated as others. I think the Arsenio Hall fist-pumping ("Whoowhoowhoo!") is a better example. ;)

LordTBT
October 13th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Does anyone remember The Great Mouse Detective? I absolutely LOVED it. For those who don't know, it was a spoof of Sherlock Holmes. My favorite characters in it where the toymaker's daughter Olivia and Basil's dog Toby.

I also loved Lion King and Robin Hood. Now those were the classics! Other great classics include Dumbo and Pocahontas.

Yep.I have all the classics back home on VHS.

Aleisou Swiftpounce
October 14th, 2004, 01:22 PM
My favourites are DEFINATELY the Lion King and it's first sequel, (the Lion King 3 is just a joke!) Alladin, Mulan and all the Disney-Pixar ones. Bambi was also sweet. They better not make a Bambi 2!

Many of the recent ones are rubbish. And almost all the sequels are bad. I mean, most of the endings are "and they all lived happily ever ever" so how can you possibly make a worth-while sequel. If they're all happy and nothing goes wrong, how can you possibly make a sequel?
And how most of the villains somehow return in them, even when they've already been defeated... it just makes me want to be sick!

Martin of Redwall II
October 23rd, 2004, 01:49 AM
atlantis, mulan their both cool

Mackinsie
October 23rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
Of Disney's animated movies, my favorites are Beauty & the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Mulan and Alice in Wonderland. (I'm probably forgetting a few :) )

I also like a lot of Disney's older, live-action movies... Pollyanna, The Parent Trap, Summer Magic, The Absent Minded Professor... etc... :)

LordTBT
October 23rd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Was the Shaggy Dog a Disney movie? I liked that one. Theyre currently remaking it though :(

Mackinsie
October 23rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
The Shaggy Dog was a Disney movie. I didn't know they were remaking it again. I remember they remade it as a tv movie (Magical/Wonderful World of Disney) several years ago.

Glenner
October 23rd, 2004, 02:18 PM
The Lion King- my all-time favorite with Brother Bear closely following it.

Martin of Redwall II
October 24th, 2004, 05:44 AM
lion king's cool but brother bear drops back a bit

Renegade
October 24th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Hmm... never really thought of their live action movies....
I liked "The Legend of Lobo"... haven't seen it in tears though...

Ringothewarrior
October 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I love the Lion King...it made me cry the first time I watched it.

Tagg's Tattoos
October 27th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Animation, in no particular order:

Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo, Jungle Book, Aristocats, 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood and Fantasia.

Live action: most of the wildlife stuff from the 50's/60's (although when I heard the truth about the 'lemming suicide', I was deeply shocked), The Herbie movies - especially The Love Bug.

But for pure Disney-esque schmaltz value, give me 'Old Yeller' anyday... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandstripe the Wild
October 27th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Mulan was pretty good... Eddie Murphy did a good job playing Mushu. He and Crik-Kee made that movie, my family didn't even consider watching it until we saw Mushu introduced in the previews.

Oliver and Company is still my all time favorite movie though, I love Dodger and Tito. :D

Ferahgo the Assassin
October 27th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I had almost forgotten about Oliver and Company. Yeah, that was a great movie. I even got the soundtrack for it when I was a little kid. :cool: