PDA

View Full Version : Songs in the Series

Jodan
October 21st, 2004, 09:58 PM
Do any of the books on tape have the songs sung in them? If not, I say we petition BJ to record some, if not all, of the songs in the series, with musical accompanament and all that. How awesome would that be?

Martin the Warrior
October 22nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
Yes, all of the songs are sung on the unabridged recordings (although seldom with musical accompaniment).

Jodan
October 22nd, 2004, 11:37 PM
I might have to check those out then. I've always just wanted to hear the songs, since I can't really feel the rhythm in my head. I kind of just read them.

Cheesethief
October 29th, 2004, 02:38 PM
correct me if im wrong martin, but was there not a petition on this site for a redwall cd?

Martin the Warrior
October 30th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Yes, there was (and still is). The original terms were set to expire after a year, but for some reason it's still around. Total signatures amount to 1,645. http://www.PetitionOnline.com/rwtvost/petition.html

Tagg's Tattoos
October 30th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Yes, all of the songs are sung on the unabridged recordings (although seldom with musical accompaniment).
They used to be recorded in the studio (the choral ones still are- as a prelude to the 'real' job of acting, on the first day) with all the actors not involved sitting listening. Now, I can carry a tune, but have never been confident as a singer since my voice broke, and the choirmaster at school asked who the Hungarian Bass was... :) .

Following Martin The Warrior, the songs have been recorded elsewhere, beforehand. I played Brome, who has 2 soloes: 'The Fever' (tuneless, easy) and one that is described as being sung with a ' sweet tenor voice'; :eek:
erm, I'm a tenor-baritone, with the strength at the lower end of my range; so, after about 10 goes, we settled for what you (might not want to) hear. My personal favourite is that between Cap'n Slipp and Blaggut at the feast (Bellmaker).
There have been muted whispers of a possible album of Redwall songs for the past year or so- but there've been movie whispers for the past 8 years, and we're all still waiting, so don't hold your breath.

Cheesethief
October 30th, 2004, 10:58 AM
problem is, people put stupid names on. :rolleyes: which kinda spoils it.
anyway, apparently there wont be a cd for the forseeable future. better ask tagg's tattoos...