PDA

View Full Version : Wats ur fav. movie quote?

Martin of Redwall II
October 23rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
mine is in ROTK
Gimli: "that still only counts as one!"

Cinnabarr Rivershell
October 23rd, 2004, 02:55 PM
From Star Trek First Contact
"Resistance is futile." -- Data, about to release coolant which will destroy the Borg in the engineering section

LordTBT
October 23rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can"
-Tyler Durden

Fight Club

The Red Badger
October 23rd, 2004, 05:11 PM
Greatest movie quote of all time?

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a. . . "
-Rhett Butler
Gone With the Wind

Rimrose
October 23rd, 2004, 08:42 PM
I agree with Reds. That line is probably one of the most memorable lines :)

Ferahgo the Assassin
October 23rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
Ooo, movie quotes. First off, let me start by saying that Fight Club is a completely kick-butt movie and I've got some other great quotes from it.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero."

"I just don't want to die without a few scars."

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

Also, some memorable quotes from Monty Python.

"She turned me into a NEWT!"
-double take- "...A newt...?"
"...-pause-... I got better..."

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

and

"It's only a flesh wound!"

PiarasJ
October 23rd, 2004, 11:06 PM
"Back to the city!" -Troy (Must be said with the correct accent on the "c" of "city" for the right effect.) Yes, I found that line humorous. ;)

Jodan
October 23rd, 2004, 11:40 PM
My fave I can think of, Aragorn from ROTK-

"There will come a day when the courage of men fails. But that is not this day. This day we fight!"

LordTBT
October 24th, 2004, 01:13 AM
First off, let me start by saying that Fight Club is a completely kick-butt movie

Glad someone else knows whats goin on :shades: Read "Choke" by Chuck Palahniuk(the guy who wrote Fight Club). Its amazing. And if you think you've got a strong stomach/mind, look up the short story "Guts". It's available online.

"I wanted to destroy something beautiful".

Martin of Redwall II
October 24th, 2004, 04:41 AM
My fave I can think of, Aragorn from ROTK-

"There will come a day when the courage of men fails. But that is not this day. This day we fight!"

ya that's awsome...

Independence Day
Jamy(or some1 like that): let's kick the tires and light the fires big daddy!

and another from independence day
Will Smith: **lifts parachute** That good enough a pass?
and yet another
Will Smith: ** Opens the hatch and** Welcome to earth! ** and punches the alien then** now that's wat i call a close county.....

Renegade
October 24th, 2004, 08:47 AM
"We are going to DIE!"
- Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom)

Trowbaggs
October 24th, 2004, 09:35 AM
One that really touched me was at the end of The Fellowship of The Ring. When Boramir says his last words to Aragorn. "I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king."

Lord Servone
October 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM
"Let me come with you Ponthius. I may be of thome asthisthtancthe if there is a thudden christhith!"- Life of Brian. I have no idea how to type that one up.

Grath
October 24th, 2004, 07:36 PM
"We are going to DIE!"
- Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom)

I know an even better line in that movie

Short Round: Okie Dokie Docta Jones, hold onto your Potato!
Or anything else he says in that movie is pure gold.

Oh yeah Kate Capshaws character while changing in the jungle: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

From Mulan
Hun 1: concubines
Hun 2: Ugly Concubines

I'll think of more later.

rowanoak
October 25th, 2004, 12:25 PM
from LOTR:

Bilbo: I don't know half of you as much as I would like, and I know half of you half as much as you deserve.

Rillflag27
October 25th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Ok, you'd really have to see this movie and know what the accent sounds like.

Franc: "Well Mr. Banks it's a very esquisite cake." ~Father of the Bride

and another one by him

Franc: "Ok?" :) If you've seen the movie you'll get it.

Jandura
October 25th, 2004, 12:50 PM
I saw that movie yesterday. Martin Short is hilarious in both of the Father of the Bride movies.

"What Momma don't know won't hurt her" -Waterboy

Rolinko
October 25th, 2004, 04:52 PM
From Star Trek First Contact
"Resistance is futile." -- Data, about to release coolant which will destroy the Borg in the engineering section
Also from Star Trek First Contact:
"Assimilate this." -- Worf, about to shoot and destroy an assimilated sensor array with a phasor rifle

"Come ON! Stop trying to hit me and hit me!!" Morpheus; The Matrix

Tagg's Tattoos
October 27th, 2004, 09:43 AM
From 'Hannibal':
"I'm giving serious thought...to eating your wife."

Martin of Redwall II
October 27th, 2004, 11:18 AM
One that really touched me was at the end of The Fellowship of The Ring. When Boramir says his last words to Aragorn. "I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king."

ya that's a really touching part **sniff sniff**

Bereden the Intrepid
October 27th, 2004, 12:11 PM
The speach at the end of Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an Emperor - That is not my buisness. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone, if possible -- Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another; human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each others misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone.

The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity, more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer togeather. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victems of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me I say, "Do not despair." The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die; and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel; who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give your selves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate; only the unloved hate, the unloved and the unnatural.

Soldiers: don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty! In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written, "The kingdom of God is within man" -- not one man, nor a group of men, in you, you the people have the power; the power to create machines; the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then, in the name of democracy, let us use that power! Let us all unite!! Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie! The do not fulfill their promise; the never will. Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people!! Now, let us fight to fulfill that promise!! Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers: in the name of democracy, let us all unite!!"

Cheesethief
October 29th, 2004, 03:53 PM
"always look on the bright side of life...doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo" classic. :D or
"we'll call it a draw then!"
or
"Ur... i think im having a cardiac arrest..."

monty python...

Martin of Redwall II
November 5th, 2004, 09:58 AM
also there was a good one in AVP ( Alien vs. Predator for those of you who dont know) but i can't remember it...... or is it that i remember that it was a good movie? :confused: oh well **shruggs**

LordTBT
November 5th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Al Pacino's speech at the end of Any Given Sunday

Grath
November 7th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Okay I had to add one more quote after watching The Mummy Returns the other night.

Izzy: Everytime I help you I get shot, last time I was shot in the *Beep*. Ever since then I've been mourning for my *Beep*. (Sorry I don't know if you are allowed to say the A word in this forum.)

Badrang3
November 7th, 2004, 11:20 PM
From Little Shop of Horrors:

Seymour: Wait! Aren't you going to give me novacine?

Dentist: What for? Dulls the senses! (takes out drill)

Seymour: What's that?

Dentist: That's the drill Seymour.

Seymour: It's rusty!

Dentist: It's an antique. They don't make em like this anymore. Sturdy. Heavy. DULL! I'm going to want some gas for this one.

Seymour: Gas?

Dentist: Nitrous Oxide.

Seymour: Oh good. I thought you weren't going to use any...

Dentist: Oh, the gas isn't for you Seymour. It's for me. I really want to enjoy this, and I find just a little bit of giggle gas increases my pleasure enormoulsy!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martin of Redwall II
November 8th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Okay I had to add one more quote after watching The Mummy Returns the other night.

Izzy: Everytime I help you I get shot, last time I was shot in the *Beep*. Ever since then I've been mourning for my *Beep*. (Sorry I don't know if you are allowed to say the A word in this forum.)

:lol: that's a funny part! LOL!

Deepspine
November 8th, 2004, 12:59 PM
I remember one quote
"Shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and when everyone's dead try and ask a question or two"
But I can't remember what movie that's from.
I'm sure I heard a better one the other day but I'll have to go back and watch that movie again since I've forgotten that too. :confused:

Bladeswift
November 8th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I remember one quote
"Shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more and when everyone's dead try and ask a question or two"
But I can't remember what movie that's from.
I'm sure I heard a better one the other day but I'll have to go back and watch that movie again since I've forgotten that too. :confused:
The president referring to Will Smith's character in Wild Wild West, I believe.

Some of my favorite quotes-

LoTR~
Gimli "Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

(this one really inspired me, along with Aragorn's speech)
Gimli: "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf."
Legolas: "What about side by side with a friend?"
Gimli: "Aye, I could do that."

Spaceballs~
Dark Helmet: So Lone Star, at last we meet again for the first time for the last time.

Dark Helmet: There is something you should know. I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Star: So what does that make us?
Dark Helmet: Nothing! Which is what you are about to become!

Who Framed Roger Rabbit~
Roger: "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way!"

Badrang3
November 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM
More Spaceball quotes!

Dark Helmet: What's the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?

Yogurt: Mechandising! Where the real money from the movie is made!

Love that movie.

Badrang3
November 8th, 2004, 05:25 PM
By the way, Bladeswift, Roger doesn't say that, Jessica does. Hate to waste space, but it didn't occur to me in my last post.

Bladeswift
November 8th, 2004, 06:14 PM
By the way, Bladeswift, Roger doesn't say that, Jessica does. Hate to waste space, but it didn't occur to me in my last post.
Thanks. It's been a long time since I last saw that movie, and I only remembered the line.

Badrang3
November 14th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I watched the third Matrix yesterday, and once again, Agent Smith gives me good quotes.

"Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We MISSED you."

and my favorite line from him,

"After all, cookies need love too."

Grath
November 17th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Okay I have to quote from one more movie, one of the greastest lines from Disney of all time from the movie The emperors new groove

Yzma: Oh I know, I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I will put that flea inside of another box and then I'll mail that box to myself and when it arrives I'll smash it with a hammer. ahahahahahaha.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
November 18th, 2004, 02:12 AM
"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

Quote from William Shakespeare's Macbeth. (It's been made into several movies.)

Martin of Redwall II
November 25th, 2004, 01:12 PM
anymore guyz?

Harry Poter COS:
Ron: if hagrid ever gets out of azkaban i'll kill him! :lol:

i laughed so hard after that part.......

Rolinko
December 21st, 2004, 11:13 PM
I watched the third Matrix yesterday, and once again, Agent Smith gives me good quotes.
"Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We MISSED you."
and my favorite line from him,
"After all, cookies need love too."
Cookies need love like everything does. [multiple Agents Smith chuckle] Had to correct that. ;) If there is only one great thing in that movie it's Hugo Weaving as Smith. Trivial Trivia: He provided the voice of Rex the male sheepdog in Babe.

Captain Jack Sparrow; Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
But why is the rum gone?!

LoritheQuestor
December 22nd, 2004, 12:21 AM
"Run away! Run away!"
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Martin of Redwall II
December 22nd, 2004, 03:20 AM
another 1 for me is in the animation Slamdunk

Kang Bek Ho: Then wat am I?!

Su Tae ung: Extra :D
(it's a bball series and this is during a game when bek ho gets insulted being told that every1 on the team exept bek ho were good players :D )

Cale Yin
December 22nd, 2004, 09:30 AM
Spaceballs... heh heh....

Barf: I'm a mog! Half-man, half-dog!
-----------
Dark Helmet: Yogurt. Yogurt. I hate Yogurt. Even with strawberries.
-----------
Dark Helmet: What am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Colonel Sandurz: You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now is happening now.
Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
Dark Helmet: When?
Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
----------
----------
~Napoleon Dynamite.
----------
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?
Napoleon Dynamite: Whatever I feel like I wanna do, gosh!
---------
Deb: And here we have some boondoggle key chains. A must-have for this season's fashion.
Napoleon Dynamite: I already made like infinity of those at scout camp.
---------
Pedro: Do you think people will vote for me?
Napoleon Dynamite: Heck yes! I'd vote for you.
Pedro: Like what are my skills?
Napoleon Dynamite: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

Vote for Pedro, you guys.

Hisk
December 24th, 2004, 11:09 AM
(sorry fow the "nasty" words. I seem to be pretty gross when it comes to movie quotes.)

Chelki Sureshot
December 24th, 2004, 09:44 PM
A Knight's Tale

Jocelyn:Better a silly little girl with a flower than a silly little boy with a horse and a stick.

**walks away**

Wat:It called a la-ance. Hello-o

Lots more, but it's Christmas break, so I'm haveing trouble thinking. What about TV shows?

The Munsters

Herman:Grandpa, you're not going to try and talk me into shooting myself again, are you?

Jodan
December 24th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Just about every line from Family Guy is quotable. One of my favorites-

Peter, watching the game on TV-"Hey, ref, that was a stupid call. And I know something about stupid calls."

At the Griffin house...
Peter-"Hey Lois, I'm at the office."

Lois-"Peter, the caller ID says you're calling from this house. In fact, I can see you in the kitchen."

Peter-"Wait a second Lois." Peter moves out of view. "Can you see me now?"

Lois-"No."

Peter-"Ok, now I'm at the office."

Badrang3
December 24th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Die Hard quotes!
THEO *
(tapping the screen)
There's the city engineers...they're
going into the street circuits...But
who are these guys in the suits?

HANS
That's the FBI...ordering them to cut *
the building's power. They're as
regular as clockwork

Theo:...or a time lock...

HANS
...the circuits that cannot be cut...
are cut automatically in reponse to
a terrorist incident...You ask for
miracles, Theo...I give you the FBI...

That's all I can think of now.

Ferahgo the Assassin
December 24th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Just about every line from Family Guy is quotable.

I second that. A couple that came to mind:

Lois: Peter, why would they make you presidesnt?
Peter: Maybe it's because I can recite all 50 states in a quarter of a second - RYEELP!
Lois: Peter, that was just a loud yelping noise.

---

Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

---

Lois: You're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.

---

Peter: Lois, um, go get the medical dictionary and look up "fork" and "lung."
Lois: Why?
Peter: Time is a factor, Lois.

Jodan
December 24th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Yeah, definitely.

Martin of Redwall II
December 25th, 2004, 10:02 AM
From TT (LOTR)

Legolas: Final count, 42.

Gimli: 42? That's not bad for a pointy eared elvish princling. I myself am sitting on forty, three. **chuckles**

Legolas: **Shots the orc Gimli is sitting on** 43!

Gimli: He was already dead.

Legolas: He was twitching!

Gimli: He was twitching because my ax is embedded in his nervous system!
**Shakes ax and orc twitchs**

Barkstripe
June 17th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Ok. This isn't too old so please don't get mad at me jfor bringing it back to life. It is jus tover 6 months and that is fine.

Oh well. Here's my quote from shrek.

SHrek: What am i?
Donkey: Really tall

And froma song: I'm so happy cause today i found my friends. Their in my head. I'm so ugly but that's ok cause so are you.

Josiah the Warrior
June 18th, 2005, 12:23 PM
I can't even begin to put a fraction of Family Guy's quote's in one post, but I'll give one of my favorites.

Peter: Oh don't worry Chris, sometimes it's good to be different.
*Peter in Vietnam in a clown suit*
Peter: You're all stupid. See they're gonna be lookin' for army guys.

"I hate snakes, Jaque, I hate em!"
-Raiders of the Lost Arc

"What an incredible smell you've discovered."
-A New Hope

"Do or do not, there is no try."
-Yoda

"We're in deep Barney this time.....Barney Rubble? Trouble!"
-Oceans 11

President Nixon: And in our darkest hour, we will stand erect with upthrust busoms!
Fry: Anyone who laughs is a communist.
-Futurama

Trev
June 19th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I have a dream that black people and white people and even chinese people can gamble together without using different coloured chips!!! -Rush Hour 2

Sagrived Switpaw
June 19th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Come on Martin of Redwall II

*Looks at sig*

Jodan
June 19th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Look kid, he posted that back in December, way before you made that quote your sig. Try reading the timestamp the next time.

Chelki Sureshot
June 21st, 2005, 05:52 PM
From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Sean Connery:Look what you did! I can't believe what you did!
Almost every line of his is funny

Horatio Hornblower: The Wrong War
Styles:The frog is the enemy, sir (the frog being the French)
Horatio: Not these frogs Styles, these are the good frogs
Styles: A frog is a frog sir, and the only good frog is a dead frog

Folgrimeo
June 21st, 2005, 09:49 PM
Can't really choose one. Here are some of my favorites, in alphabetical order:

"But this isn't right. You're meant to charge in, sword drawn, banner flying! That's what all the other knights did!"
"Yeah, right before they burst into flame!"
-- Fiona and Shrek, "Shrek"

"It's a ROCK, it doesn't have any vulnerable spots!"
-- Jason Nesmith, "Galaxy Quest"

"Son, that creature could crush you without trying!"
"Oh trust me, he'll have to try."
-- The Mayor trying to warn Edward about the Giant, [i]Big Fish

"Three books? Wait a minute... hold it! Nobody said anything about THREE books!"
-- Ash, "Army of Darkness"

Badrang3
June 21st, 2005, 10:31 PM
From a Fistful of Dollars

Joe: I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

From the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Tuco: I like big fat men like you. When they fall they make more noise.

When Tuco buys his gun

Tuco: How much?

Clerk: Twenty Dollars.

Tuco: (laughs and slowly points the gun at he clerk) No, no, how much?

Clerk: Uh, fifty dollars

Tuco: How much?

Clerk: A hundered dollars!

Tuco pulls the hammer

Clerk: Two hundered, it's all I got! (Gives Tuco his money)

Jodan
June 21st, 2005, 10:32 PM
From my favorite movie, the Boondock Saints-

And Shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patre, et Fili, Spiritu Sancti.

Josiah the Warrior
June 21st, 2005, 10:46 PM
From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Sean Connery:Look what you did! I can't believe what you did!
Almost every line of his is funny
Totally! Indiana Jones is one of the best series/movie/movies/whatever ever made. I also got a kick out of:
"We named the dog Indiana."
"You were named after the dog?"
"I liked that dog."

Also, just about everything from Chappelle's Show, but the Scribes would have a field day if I posted any quotes here, so let's just say he's a funny guy. :slagar Same for Southpark.

rowanoak
June 22nd, 2005, 08:14 AM
I have another one: "Gentlemen, don't fight in here, this is the war room!" from "Dr.Strangelove." I heard it on AFI's top 100 movie quotes last night and thought it was funny. Did anybody see it?

Jodan
June 22nd, 2005, 09:37 AM
I didn't see that, but I've seen Dr. Strangelove. It's a hilarious movie.

shadowmoon
June 23rd, 2005, 01:53 AM
The famous Star Wars quote is always a favourite: DV: Luke i am your father
and whatever Doctor Who says in the new series (anyone seen them?) is quotable.
I was thinking of really good one from a movie but it's gone clean out of my head.