PDA

View Full Version : After Reading the book

Madd The Sane
December 6th, 2002, 05:30 PM
I just finished reading triss yesterday after recieving it yesterday. ;)
The book was one of the best of its time. It was very interesting book. Poor Triss, she never knew her fater, being enslaved and touchered (can't spell) and humiliated. The hamster was an odd addition to Redwall. What I want to wonder is why a hamster was so far away from home.

Darkhood_343
December 20th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Ya know, thats a good question.

Pawflash
December 23rd, 2002, 04:32 PM
He was brought there with King Agarnu's dad when they went into Mossflower and the King died and lost the crown and paw ring. Did ye not pay attention to that?

MoonShadow
December 23rd, 2002, 08:17 PM
Nah, a child accidently left him in the wild, and then he got captured by Riftguard and everything. ;) (Note: do not take my post seriously.)

Madd The Sane
July 19th, 2003, 01:21 PM
That is not what I ment. :( What I ment was… Why was a hamster clear up in the northlands? I didn't mean… How did the hamster get to Mossflower?

Keyla
July 19th, 2003, 02:22 PM
I heard it said somewhere that hamsters are found in parts of Europe. I think one of these places was meant to be Sweden, which would appear to be the kind of land the whole Riftguard landscape was based on with its Fjords and mountains. However, I heard this a while ago and I may have my facts wrong here.

VanessaNB
July 20th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I think hamsters in Europe mostly live in Germany. They're called a common hamster (durr), but Mokug is a golden hamster. *makes a face*
Apparently, Mokug knows how t'travel.

Keyla
July 20th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Well, the ferrets have germanic accents.

Maybe, they all originally lived in a region like Germany but decided to move to a region like Sweden, as they liked the scenary (and the ferrets thought they would blend in well with the snowy mountains, giving them camoflage). However, the germanic accent was only preserved in the royal house of ferrets as they only talked to each other as no one liked them as they had plans for world domination etc. Then, bored of talking to each other the ferrets decided to get to know the other species by making them their slaves. Thus, there ended up being albino ferrets that sope with a germanic accent ruling Riftguard in a n area that looks very much like Sweden with a golden hamster as one of their many slaves. Hmmm... Or maybe not.;)

VanessaNB
July 21st, 2003, 05:11 PM
Doesn't Germany have the same climate as Sweden? *checks globe* Prolly not. Sweden's much farther north.

But it doesn't explain the hamster. Harr! Your theory just went up in flames!

Martin the Warrior
July 24th, 2003, 03:06 PM
I seem to recall Brian saying he added a hamster because they were a very common pet in Britain these days, a kind of roundabout skirting of his "only animals from the British Isles" rule. I don't think there's any logical explanation as to where Mokug came beyond that. ;)

Cracklyn
August 5th, 2003, 02:00 PM
I was pretty disappointed in the book, I'm afraid to say. The ending was horrible! Her foe tripped on her own sword! (I was hoping for a good battle at least) And, how did Triss, without much practice, suddenly become the greatest swordsmaid ever?! I really don't like it! I thought some of the other Redwall books are better written. I just hope Loamhedge won't be as lame. :mad:

VanessaNB
August 5th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Ferrets don't exist in the wild, so I can get over it. Just that hamsters always get cute, cuddly personalities, when in reality they are far from friendly towards other animals. *end rant*

I thought the book was pretty good, save for Triss herself. It's odd that a ferret who's become a top notch swordfighter can lose to a squirrel who just watched her practice.