PDA

View Full Version : Jobs..... couriers

Martin of Redwall II
November 12th, 2004, 02:20 PM
wat do you wanna be when you grow up?

me........... a fighter pilot. flying for the air force. either the Korean Air Force, RAF, or USAF :) i'm just really into flight.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
November 12th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I wish to become a lawyer.

LordTBT
November 12th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Why do you want to fly for Korea again?

LadyBeelze
November 12th, 2004, 06:10 PM
A massage therapist, or computer graphic artist, or veterinarian are jobs that I have thought Iíd like to do but donít actually know if I will. Iím in 11th grade and undecided. *rolls eyes* Ö Although there is one job I hopefully will have in the future, a mother
^-^ *has great respect for all the mothers out there*

Lonna Bowstripe
November 12th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I'm not really sure... Maybe something that uses a lot of math... I'm really good at that.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
November 12th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Nevermind.

Renegade
November 12th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Maybe a ranger. Or a scientist.

Lord Servone
November 12th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I wish to become a lawyer.

Good for you, Cinnabarr! If there's one thing this world needs is more lawyers. Can you imagine a world without lawyers?
*envisions a unified world were every race, color, and creed are holding hands and singing happily*
*shudders*

Just kidding, btw... ;). Simpsons joke.

Furrtil
November 13th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I want to be a veterinarian. Guess this cat dissection I have to do will really put that idea to the test. Probably won't be the first time I would have to open up a pregnant cat. :rolleyes:

Tagg's Tattoos
November 13th, 2004, 09:12 AM
When I grow up? I don't EVER want to grow up...in the meantime, I'm an (see profile), with musical/doodling/scribing tendencies, and global philosophical leanings (don't ask why- it's a compulsion, or sumfin'); as a lecturer of mine once said, 'even Michelangelo had to pay the bills'.
In the past, I've worked as a trainee accountant, Lab technician, Civil Servant, Bartender, lazergun game (quasar) manager/technician (anyone remember that?), lecturer, personal facilitator for a wheelchair user. In the community context, I've worked with children, from 5-16, both in school, after-school, and summer-school environments; adults with learning difficulties; bail hostel residents; sex-offenders in prisons; adult dependent drug-users; and mental health day-centre clients.
As a thespian, I've worked on about 150 productions, mostly plays- including those I've worked on in a technical capacity.
Wow...talk about portmanteau careers.
;)

Martin of Redwall II
November 13th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Why do you want to fly for Korea again?

wat do you mean again? :confused:
i havent even joind an air force yet :lol:

Lonna Bowstripe
November 13th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Good for you, Cinnabarr! If there's one thing this world needs is more lawyers. Can you imagine a world without lawyers?
*envisions a unified world were every race, color, and creed are holding hands and singing happily*
*shudders*
Yup, a world without arguments over Cheese's age... UGH! ;)

Cheesethief
November 13th, 2004, 01:11 PM
indeed.

im gonna go to sandhurst, and join the black watch when i get out of uni. then, after a few years, i wouldnt mind being a lawyer, author, politician, or other job.

Nora the Rover
November 13th, 2004, 02:32 PM
I'm considering becoming a freelance writer, possibly an art or creative writing professor, or a journalist. I'm not really sure yet...

Martin of Redwall II
November 13th, 2004, 11:26 PM
hmm......... i'm planning to go to some very well known uni. and get enough degrees to make my parents happy.... and of course my own pride....

Jodan
November 13th, 2004, 11:36 PM
All I know is I want to go to Texas A&M University. I most likely will pursue a degree in Visualization Science (which is computer graphics, animations, etc) and use it to make a career working for an animation studio like Pixar or Industrial Light and Magic or a career in video game graphic design.

Martin of Redwall II
November 13th, 2004, 11:42 PM
**grins** looking forward to see a motion picture by u........ kkkk....... :D

Ferahgo the Assassin
November 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM
I plan to get a degree in chemistry and then go on to graduate school and probably study modern physics. Not too sure yet, though. I'd love to go into research.

Martin of Redwall II
November 14th, 2004, 09:40 AM
which field of research?
**curiously**

Ferahgo the Assassin
November 15th, 2004, 06:38 PM
which field of research?
**curiously**

Well, I'm not yet entirely sure. I'd love to do research in chemistry, but I'm worried that if I do I'll end up organizing pills for a pharmaceutical company or something, which is definitely not what I want to do with my life. I'd also love to do research in cutting-edge physics, like high-energy, subatomic or quantum physics. Then again, on the other end of the spectrum, I'd love to do biological research, particularly taxonomy, cladistics, and/or paleontology.

I'm going to get a degree in chemistry because I think it's a very good point from which to start; I can go in many directions with a chemistry degree. I really hope to go to MIT for graduate school. -crosses fingers-

Badrang3
November 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I'd like to play for the Red Sox.

Now, jobs I'm CAPABLE of, that's different. I'd probably enjoy making movies, especially stop-time movies. Those are so awesome.

Martin of Redwall II
November 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=Ferahgo the Assassin]Well, I'm not yet entirely sure. I'd love to do research in chemistry, but I'm worried that if I do I'll end up organizing pills for a pharmaceutical company or something, which is definitely not what I want to do with my life.

:lol: very funny ferahgo. :lol: but i know that if you study hard enough you can get wat ever you want in your academic future.

Temmlock
November 17th, 2004, 12:45 PM
At the moment, I think I'm going for Computer Science. I'll probably end up being a nerdy programmer for some lowbrow software company...

Keyla
November 17th, 2004, 02:48 PM
All of you who are panicking that you don't know what to do yet don't worry too much; I haven't definate idea of a career path and I'm starting university next year. I'm either doing physics or, if I get into Cambridge- an unlikely prospect- then natural sciences, basically a pick-and-mix of scientific areas speciallising later. I would be studying the physical end of it so chemistry, physics, etc. I've chosen a direction that has a good few potential options so I'm not too concerned but look forward to the course.

Well, I'm not yet entirely sure. I'd love to do research in chemistry, but I'm worried that if I do I'll end up organizing pills for a pharmaceutical company or something, which is definitely not what I want to do with my life. I'd also love to do research in cutting-edge physics, like high-energy, subatomic or quantum physics. Then again, on the other end of the spectrum, I'd love to do biological research, particularly taxonomy, cladistics, and/or paleontology.
Talking to one of my chemistry teachers today, he said that chemistry is a really easy area to get research grants in. Plus industry is crying out for able people. It's a good thing to do a degree in. My only concern with doing chemistry is my own personal feelings about the enviromental effects of the chemical industry. However, a chemistry degree can lead to a job where you are solving these problems just as much as it can one where you are creating them. It's all about using one's gifts responcibly, I guess.

Treerose
November 17th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Lots of science/computer/research types here, so here's one for the arts. ;)

More specifically - a classical musician (Tree and classical music? big shock, I know...har har <g>). My major is the flute, so my career is going to be playing in an orchestra, any orchestra. The only way to get into an orchestra is to audition in person - be one of hundreds of flutists from all around the country who travel to these cattlecall auditions for up to ten minutes of playing the flute solos from the orchestral literature. If you're good enough, you make the cut to the next round, eventually up to the finals, where if you're REALLY good, you get the job. ;)

It's interesting, though... of all the industries, though, this is probably one of the best ways to get a job regardless of race, gender, etc. You play behind a screen, and they even carpet a walkway out to where you play so the judges can't hear your feet. (This came about because of gender discrimination in orchestras up to a decade or two ago, when the audition committees could tell which ones were the women by their high heels... not an issue in the U.S. or the rest of the world now, although there's still blatant exceptions like the Berlin Phil, so here, it's mainly just covering their tracks in case some wacko tries to sue.) In many cases, the auditions remain blind until the judges announce which number is the one they want... then they see the candidate for the first time. ;)

I really enjoy playing behind the screen. The only thing that's weird is that you can't say a word, and until you know you can't say a word, you don't realize how innate the urge to respond can sometimes be. ;) So when they say stuff like, "Can the candidate please play this faster?" or "Thankyou, that's all" it feels so rude at first not to say "yes" or "thankyou" or whatever. ;)

Tree

~~~~~

"The one thing I hate at the Met is the note in the program that the public is requested not to interrupt the music with applause."

~Placido Domingo~

Bereden the Intrepid
November 17th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I am most definitely going to become a professional pilot.

Martin of Redwall II
November 25th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I am most definitely going to become a professional pilot.

yes! here's a chap after me own heart! ;)

Cale Yin
November 26th, 2004, 05:36 PM
At one point I wanted to be a vet but I am not a needles person, much less surgery, body parts, etc.

My major is illustration and I love animals and I would like to have a minor in animal science/anatomy/zoology of some sort, or whatever you call it. And the ultimate goal would be a natural science illustrator, but I also like drawing book and scene illustrations, especially of furries. The profs here instantly hate you if you so much as utter the word "comics" but I didn't really want to do that anyway. I'm figuring out more and more about what I want to do as I go through college.

Martin of Redwall II
November 27th, 2004, 10:04 AM
lookin forward to see u in National Geographic ;)

Lonna Bowstripe
November 27th, 2004, 11:15 AM
All Creatures Great and Small 2, by Cale Yin, coming hot off the press! ;)

Martin of Redwall II
November 27th, 2004, 11:21 AM
kkk........ yup yup ;) all in good fun cale. ;)