PDA

View Full Version : Political Discussions

Baby Rollo
December 16th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Here are my thoughts about some political things going on in the world. I'll just give a brief summary of my thoughts on each and you guys can pick one and we can go on from there.

Iraq-- I say we just nuke the country and just forget about it. Just kidding. It's hard to decide about this one. He did gas his own people ( so did Putin--laugh track; drums) and he does have chemical weapons, but going to war with Iraq might possibly cause an imbalance in the Middle East.

Homeland Security-- I don't want to give up my rights for safety. The whole system can be easily abused. And Poindexter as the head of the new spynetwork that checks your computer? Crazy. Though I don't really know much about what he did, his last name is enough to make me wonder...

Affirmative Action-- I am strongly against affirmative action. I believe that people should be hired because of their qualifications and their usefullness, not because of their race. Affirmative action is just taking diversity way too far.

Baby Rollo
December 17th, 2002, 09:01 PM
I wonder why no one's responding.

Here's another issue:

Aluminum Bats: I think they should be banned in Little League and school baseball. They're dangerous and too many people make homeruns with them.

Darkhood_343
December 17th, 2002, 11:05 PM
I wonder why no one's responding.
I can tell you why I'm not responding, wait, I am responding. Anyway, the reason is because I don't have any idea what your talking about, nor do I care.:D

Baby Rollo
December 18th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I expect intelligent people to answer. Just kidding. I thought one of the SCRIBES would respond by now. Or maybe they're hatching some sort of counter-reason.

dandin1
December 18th, 2002, 06:11 PM
huh.... we certainly DON'T need politics here.... *is thingking about the redwall.net asylum*

Pawflash
December 18th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Affirmative Action: Bad. It's legalized descrimination against non-minorities.

War with Iraq: Should've kicked Hussein out of power during the Gulf War. If the weapons inspections don't get anywhere we'll end up going to war again and cause more loss of life. Like I said, should've done it in the Gulf War, now just isn't a very good time.

Homeland Security: Blah. It's overdone but still under-done...go figure.

*New* Senator Lott: Step down already, you have enough of a cloud over your head. Democrats would like you to leave and Republicans can't afford to have you stay.

Darkhood_343
December 19th, 2002, 12:35 AM
huh.... we certainly DON'T need politics here....
You tell 'em Dandin!

Baby Rollo
December 19th, 2002, 03:40 PM
The Gulf War was actually some sort of elaborate plan made by a secret society that Bush senior and other world leaders belonged to. The plan was to increase oil prices and the extra money went to certain bank accounts. It makes sense once you think about it.

The Red Badger
December 19th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Baby Rollo
I expect intelligent people to answer. Just kidding. I thought one of the SCRIBES would respond by now. Or maybe they're hatching some sort of counter-reason.

Or maybe some of 'em just think it isn't worth the effort. :rolleyes:

Especially when: "The Gulf War was actually some sort of elaborate plan made by a secret society that Bush senior and other world leaders belonged to." is the best you've got. That's not even worth dignifying with a response.

Baby Rollo
December 20th, 2002, 07:14 PM
It is once you think about it. Bush senior was part of a secret society with all these other world leaders. They decided to start some sort of war in the middle east to raise oil prices. The extra money will then go to certain bank accounts. It all makes sense.

The Red Badger
December 20th, 2002, 09:14 PM
If you're gullible. :rolleyes:

Lay off the gingerbread, Rollo.

Airemia
December 20th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Bush senior was part of a secret society with all these other world leaders.

You mean the UN? :p Yeah, Bush I and II want the oil. Whatever. I'm not getting into that, politics has been making me feel quite ill lately.

But Rollo's got it allll figured out. ;)

Baby Rollo
December 21st, 2002, 01:41 PM
You people obviously haven't been watching the History Channel. There was an episode about secret societies and how they influenced politics.

Here are more things I have to discuss:

Political Correctness- It's fine as long as you don't take it too far. I mean, you can't ay the word black anymore. You have to replace it with African American. When the power is out in your house, you have to say there was an African American out instead of a blackout. Now that's taking political correctness too far.

The Red Badger
December 21st, 2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Airemia
Yeah, Bush I and II want the oil. Whatever.

Hey, lumberjack, taken your pet beaver to a hockey game lately, eh?

And here I thought Canadians, of all people, would recognize a stereotype when they saw one. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

Red Draco
December 21st, 2002, 03:11 PM
How is that a stereotype, exactly?

I have no love for Dubya, but I have even less for conspiracy theories. 99% of them are powerfully dumb. And while I likewise have no use for Saddam, I think it's a little stupid go to after him while Osama is confirmed to be alive and making threats. Not only that, the Taliban is reportedly moving back into power. Bush's priorities are all screwed up.

I also don't understand his fancy idea of "Get rid of your nuclear / biological weapons or we'll nuke you if necessary." Um, OK.

Pawflash
December 21st, 2002, 03:19 PM
When the power is out in your house, you have to say there was an African American out instead of a blackout.

That's got to be the most ignorant thing I've heard all year. Congratulations, rollo :rolleyes: :p

Airemia
December 21st, 2002, 04:38 PM
Reds, I don't see how that's a stereotype. Bush I and II want oil. So what? I never said that was bad, and I never said the only reason Bush is concerned about Iraq is because of the oil. Actually, I was pretty much stating how little I care about the whole Bush Oil thing...

Anyway, I believe there's a reason for posts like this being frowned upon on the forum...

Baby Rollo
December 21st, 2002, 07:23 PM
Oil would eventually be useless in the future anyway. Just like horses are almost useless for transportation. 100 years ago, most people traveled by horses. Now, hardly anyone uses horses to get from point A to point B-- besides ranchers and other people.

That wasn't my theory anyway. I got it from the history channel.

The Red Badger
December 21st, 2002, 07:36 PM
How is that a stereotype, exactly?

When boiling down the President's reasons for targeting Iraq to, "They want oil. Whatever." you are, indeed, stereotyping him as a rich, white man from Texas, "whar thar be oil!", who is one-track-minded. That that would, indeed, be his #1 concern over national security and he'd be unable to put his past experience aside and focus on legitimate concerns. The traditional accusations Democrats hurl at him. To say it's just about oil is wrong (and insulting, to me), just as it's wrong to say it's *just* about terrorism. There are far too many factors to narrow down to just one. Yes, oil *is* a factor, but not the deciding one (IMO).

Anyway, Airemia, I debate politics elsewhere quite a bit, so when I see "Bush just wants oil", I slip into rebuttal mode. If I jumped the gun and you were being sarcastic, sorry. I just suggest that if you don't want to get into politics, don't throw lines like the one about the Bushs in there. It makes it seem like a hit and run.

And while I likewise have no use for Saddam, I think it's a little stupid go to after him while Osama is confirmed to be alive and making threats.

I must have missed the "confirmed" news bulletin, because the last I heard we had an audio recording that the US said was "probably" him, but which voice experts in Sweden said wasn't. To me, that's cloudy and insufficient to say "confirmed". Or are you talking about something else?

I also don't understand his fancy idea of "Get rid of your nuclear / biological weapons or we'll nuke you if necessary." Um, OK.

That's not his policy, nor is it THE policy. It has long been our *nation's* policy to respond to weapons of mass destruction WITH weapons of mass destruction. In a nutshell, you nuke us, we nuke you. Use chemical or biological weapons, we respond in kind or with a nuke. It's not "disarm or we nuke you", it's "you attack us, we'll attack you".

Anyway, I believe there's a reason for posts like this being frowned upon on the forum...

Political posts aren't exactly frowned upon (religious ones are the ones against board rules). They're just incendiary, the same way political views are in real life. The only way to make these kinds of threads go away is to flat out ignore them, which is what I was doing (Rollo and I have butted heads too many times for me to think a debate would actually accomplish anything, so it's a waste of time).

Airemia
December 21st, 2002, 07:41 PM
Reds, I agree, I shouldn't have made a statement like that if I didn't want t discuss politics. I don't think Bush is just a stupid, white man from Texas, anyway. I mean, how do you make President of the United States if you're dumb? But you're completely correct, I pretty much spoke too soon, even if I was being a bit sarcastic. :)

dandin1
December 21st, 2002, 08:12 PM
um.. you pay people to do the thinking for you?:p *drums: di-dim, tish* *cough cough* ok, bad joke...

I think thr whole Osama thing is getting pretty old... And how are we supposed to know if the things we find are related to Osama or not? It could be someone else... An other terrorist group is a possibility!

There are far too many factors to narrow down to just one. Yes, oil *is* a factor, but not the deciding one (IMO).
yes, that is true, but oil, even if it may not be the deciding factor, is still a big one, or, bigger than the others...

well, here's my opinion on a few things in the world

Darkhood_343
December 22nd, 2002, 07:59 AM
Dandin
I think thr whole Osama thing is getting pretty old... And how are we supposed to know if the things we find are related to Osama or not? It could be someone else... An other terrorist group is a possibility!
It sure is. Oh great, I got involved.:rolleyes: :(

LadyBeelze
December 22nd, 2002, 11:27 AM
Eck.....i'm not really good at politics in stuff, i find it really boring...much rather slay a million vermin then listen to ten minutes of this stuff. I never watch the news and i don't pay attention in history class either.

All this iraq stuff and osama bin laden is getting old.......its been more than a year for heavens sake

*falls asleep*

Darkhood_343
December 22nd, 2002, 11:52 AM
*agrees*

Baby Rollo
December 23rd, 2002, 07:43 AM
Osama and Iraq are getting pretty old. The only interesting thing now is North Korea, but I think that is already dying down.

I mean, how do you make President of the United States if you're dumb?

There are plenty of ways. You can have a lot of Charisma, or you can cheat. *cough* just about every president in the United States *cough*

I think the U.N. inspections are absolutely useless. They won't find any weapons because Saddam knows their every move. He's one step ahead of them. I say we just assassinate the guy and all his doubles. Or just nuke his general position. Make that 2 nukes just in case the 1st one doesn't kill him or it mutates him into some sort of super radioactive mutant.

Darkhood_343
December 23rd, 2002, 01:20 PM
Rollo
*cough* just about every president in the United States *cough*
LOL!

Baby Rollo
December 23rd, 2002, 03:07 PM
It's true. All the presidents cheated. Only a few were caught. I say we just nuke every country that gets in our country's goals of oil, power, and a pool in every backyard.

Pawflash
December 23rd, 2002, 04:16 PM
Or just nuke his general position. Make that 2 nukes just in case the 1st one doesn't kill him or it mutates him into some sort of super radioactive mutant.....I say we just nuke every country that gets in our country's goals of oil, power, and a pool in every backyard.

Those are some of the most callous, cruel, and ignorant remarks I've ever heard. Did you ever stop to think that they are people too? I hope that if we do nuke anyone, you're in the area for vacation when we do, you coldhearted *mumbles something gets angry*

I don't think Bush is just a stupid, white man from Texas.

I do! (Well, maybe not "just", but he is undeniably caucasian and from Texas :p) Vote Pawflash in 2004 :p

I mean, how do you make President of the United States if you're dumb?

Please, this is the country where we have over weight citizens suing McDonalds for "making" them gain weight... Remember, the not-so-smart people's votes count just as much as any other vote. (Not that that's a bad thing.)

I must have missed the "confirmed" news bulletin, because the last I heard we had an audio recording that the US said was "probably" him, but which voice experts in Sweden said wasn't. To me, that's cloudy and insufficient to say "confirmed".

And the CIA said they had no reason to believe Saddam had weapons of mass destruction on the same day Bush told the press he guarantees Iraq does...

I guess you can say I'm not one of Bush's fans.:rolleyes:

Airemia
December 23rd, 2002, 05:53 PM
I'm not a Bush fan either. He's obviously done/said some pretty dumb things, but I still don't think he's stupid. I still hold to the fact that you have to be smart to be President. But... It's not my country, so maybe I shouldn't be talking.

Pawflash, if I were an American citizen of voting age, I'd mark an X on my ballot for you in 2004. ;)

Baby Rollo
December 23rd, 2002, 06:23 PM
Bush not dumb?! The man can't even say anything right.
"They misunderestimated us" and other Bushisms like that show his lack of grammar.

Those are some of the most callous, cruel, and ignorant remarks I've ever heard. Did you ever stop to think that they are people too? I hope that if we do nuke anyone, you're in the area for vacation when we do, you coldhearted *mumbles something gets angry*

Well, they won't be people once they mutate.

Airemia
December 23rd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Baby Rollo

Well, they won't be people once they mutate.

Rollo, I think that was out of line. Try to show a little respect, eh?

Baby Rollo
December 23rd, 2002, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Just trying to show some political humor. If all those robot movies are true, those mutants might actually be humans--on the inside at least.

Airemia
December 23rd, 2002, 07:59 PM
I was pretty sure you were joking, Rollo, but it was still pretty disrespectful. Ah, well, at least you weren't being serious. I'm in a good mood. You're lucky. :p

Slagar the Cruel
December 23rd, 2002, 08:19 PM
[frank opinion]Wow... what a terrible thread.[/frank opinion]

:p

Baby Rollo
December 23rd, 2002, 09:07 PM
You got that right. I mean Hey! Why is this thread terrible?

Darkhood_343
December 24th, 2002, 08:17 AM
[frank opinion] Because it involves politics. [/frank opinion]

Baby Rollo
December 24th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Politics is fun--except if it involves the economy. That's when I get really confused and bored.

Darkhood_343
December 25th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Rollo
That's when I get really confused and bored.
I feel that way all the time about politics.

Pawflash
December 26th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Nah, this isn't a terrible thread because it's about politics...because it isn't about politics. Rollo doesn't even know what the word means...