PDA

View Full Version : Your choice Redwall weapon

Glenner
December 19th, 2002, 04:42 PM
So, what would it be for you? A sword, spear, dagger, or bow and arrows ? You favourite spatula from the kitchen?(hey, thats bound to pop up in redwall book sometime) A 10 season old oatcake?;) An acorn of wrath?
The first thing that comes to my mind is an elaborate dagger, or a set of bow and arrows, but then I think of an oatcake and say "Heck no! An oatcake is for me!" I mean you can eat and fight with that thing!;)

Darkhood_343
December 19th, 2002, 05:02 PM
My trusty old giant,vermin slying,cardboard sword.;)

Glenner
December 19th, 2002, 05:04 PM
LOL, I bet ya wipe out whole hordes with that.;)

Airemia
December 19th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Why, a frying pan, of course!

Oh, it has to be Redwall? Hmmm... I'd have to go with a longbow then.

Lord Servone
December 19th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Sword's the weapon for me...

Darkhood_343
December 19th, 2002, 06:10 PM
I bet ya wipe out whole hordes with that.;)
Tons.;)

VanessaNB
December 19th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Hmm, I could use a longbow if I had the strength. Actually, I have willow trees right outside my house, and they're pretty good wood for bows.
I also like longswords, because I can stab them, but they can't stab me. My cousin and I cut long sword shaped alders and we did a bit of practice at parry, slash, thrust and all that.
I like long distance weapons, because if I had to fight head on, I probably wouldn't be able to defend myself with a dagger or something like that. But longswords are fun.

Lyrian Aryns
December 19th, 2002, 07:16 PM
I'd probably carry a staff or something to that effect... I mean, I'd likely end up cutting my arm off with anything sharp...

Slagar the Cruel
December 19th, 2002, 07:18 PM
If push came to shove? I'd go with stale food. ;) Hey, it's a Redwall weapon...

MoonShadow
December 19th, 2002, 08:36 PM
An acorn of wrath? *nods and points to self*

Seriously, I would choose a bow and arrow.

Airemia
December 19th, 2002, 09:50 PM
I've always been mildly obsessed with archery. I don't know why. It dates back to when I was a little kid. That's why I'd pick the longbow, or just a regular bow. Either.

Darkhood_343
December 20th, 2002, 12:12 AM
I actually have a stick that I crafted that I use as a javelin. I made it double sided like an otter javelin. I swing it around now and then. It's pretty kewl.

MoonShadow
December 20th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Oh no, we have to stay away from dark-dark now. ;)

*secretly throws an acorn bomb behind darkhood*

Darkhood_343
December 20th, 2002, 09:54 PM
*secretly throws an acorn bomb behind darkhood*
Don't you mean "Dark-dark"? *acorn explodes* *dies* *comes back to life*

Arono
December 21st, 2002, 11:52 AM
My weapon would have to be a sword. They're my faorite

Glenner
December 21st, 2002, 03:49 PM
Hey Arono. Welcome to the board!:)

Darkhood_343
December 22nd, 2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah, welcome.(darn! Glenny got it first!)

MoonShadow
December 23rd, 2002, 07:11 PM
Welcome Arono!

Don't you mean "Dark-dark"? No, I mean Darkhood. (If you do realize why I used Darkhood instead of dark-dark... please don't kill me. ;))

Darkhood_343
December 24th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Don't worry Moon-Moon, I will.;) (sarcasm)

MoonShadow
December 24th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Give you a hint: When do I use "lyriFrosh" instead of "Lyrian"?

Hm... I wonder if we're doing archery in gym.... I know one of the other school districts near mines does archery, and I think our high school does it.... I want to learn it so badly!

LadyBeelze
December 24th, 2002, 05:25 PM
A longbow with a coupple of arrows suits a riverdog like myself unless the vermin get to close. Then i'll use the arrow tips like daggers, hah

Darkhood_343
December 25th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Moonshadow
Give you a hint: When do I use "lyriFrosh" instead of "Lyrian"?
I still don't get it.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Cale Yin
December 25th, 2002, 04:58 PM
A big, light stick with a hard knob on one end and the other end is sharp.

Russus Robur
December 25th, 2002, 06:27 PM
I would choose my walking staff as a weapon. Plus it could be used to extend my paw reach, bat away Moon Shadows acorn bombs, and to control one unruly baby bank vole.

MoonShadow
December 25th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Try this! *shoots an arrow at russy* *misses*

Darkhood_343
December 26th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Russus
and to control one unruly baby bank vole
I think that would help us all. ;)

LadyBeelze
December 26th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Russus

and to control one unruly baby bank vole
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darky

I think that would help us all.

Definately :D

Luna
December 27th, 2002, 08:53 AM
For ME, probably a saber, but for my different characters:

Otter: Sling
Squirrel: Long Bow
Badger: Mace
Arctic Fox: Sword

Russus Robur
December 28th, 2002, 08:28 AM
*Picks up arrow* * walks over to Moon Shadows* Pats her on the head* Nice try, next time account for the direction of the wind. *Walks away*
:p

Dakota
December 28th, 2002, 02:08 PM
I think I'd go for a longbow as well. I read many a Robin Hood book in my early youth. Plus there's that whole "fight like an elf" appeal thing. ;)

Slagar the Cruel
December 30th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Hmm... not much of a "Bookshelf" discussion, is it?

In any case, I'd pick a bola. Just because.

Dakota
January 2nd, 2003, 12:41 PM
What kind of reason is that? I think you need to put a little more thought into your decision, Slags.

:p
(Feeling onery, from having a numbed mouth)

Jade the Warrior
January 2nd, 2003, 04:49 PM
Eh, I'm not very original. I'd have to go with my trusty Longsword. I have horrible depth perception, which rules out weapons like javalins and bow and arrows. A dagger is too close combat for using good speed tactics, and a staff just...doesn't suit me. So my trusty sword with the Jadite in the crosshilt is my true weapon!

~Jade, who is weilding her sword and swinging it around right now...

Gabool the Wild
January 11th, 2003, 08:20 AM
I'd have to go with a bow and arrows. I don't know why but they just seem to be the mosy sly of weapons. Yah.....

Pennybright
January 13th, 2003, 05:18 PM
I would choose a bow and arrows. I'd also
like to have a stick like Russa Nodrey, just
in case!

MoonShadow
January 13th, 2003, 06:04 PM
I don't know why but they just seem to be the mosy sly of weapons. Hey, you can just hide behind a tree, fix your target, shoot, and voila! You're enemy is dead, and you weren't even involved in hand-to-hand combat. ;)

Songbreeze
January 14th, 2003, 05:12 PM
When it comes down to my weapon of choice I have a hard time because I think basically all weapons would be useful in different circumstances. But if it comes down to a close up battle I think my definate weapon would be a sword, and a couple daggers hidden away just in case. I would also most deffiniatly use a bow and arrow too.

Course I do have a bow with a couple arrows and my sister's Samurai sword that I can practice on.:D

Nimbalo
January 14th, 2003, 06:25 PM
I would use Tammo's dirk, from "The Long Patrol" because it's small, quick, and get's the job done.

Laughing Otter
January 15th, 2003, 06:09 PM
I guess it depends on the situation. I would probably use a saber for close combat because it's light and quick and a sling for long-range targets. (IRL I'm absolutely horrible at archery. :D)

Baby Rollo
January 27th, 2003, 05:57 PM
A shotgun, double pistols, double submachine guns, a knife, a samurai sword, an axe-pike, a chainsaw, a--wait, this is old Redwall weapons.

Alright, here's my new list:

Longsword
Axe-pike
Battle-axe
Scythe
Longbow and arrows
Spear

I have this real bow with an 18 pound pull that I got for Christmas. I practiced by shooting arrows at a cardboard box. My mom made me put it away after I scratched one of the abbey walls. I'm still a pretty good shot though.

Darkhood_343
January 27th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Rollo
I have this real bow with an 18 pound pull that I got for Christmas. I practiced by shooting arrows at a cardboard box. My mom made me put it away after I scratched one of the abbey walls. I'm still a pretty good shot though.
Kewl, it'd be pretty sweet to own a bow & arrow thingie.

Cornflower
March 18th, 2003, 12:38 AM
I'd have to go with a sword. I mean, there are many ways you could use a sword. If you couldn't chop the enemy up with it, you could whack them on the head with it :D

Darkhood_343
March 18th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Yes, swords are great. *draws sword* Wanna duel?

Nora the Rover
March 20th, 2003, 05:22 PM
I've always liked the squirrel characters, who are known to mostly use bows and arrows, and I've always enjoyed archery. I got a nice, shiny, new, 30 pound longbow for my birthday this year. A longbow is what I'd most likely use.

Sunflash
March 20th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Hmmm.....I would have to prefer either bows and arrow or a cool mace.

true_redwaller
March 29th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Belive or not I have thought about the answer to this question before. I still can't decide... sword or bow and arrow. I'm stuck between the two. That relates to my other problem, would I want to be a squirrel or mouse? I'm sooo indecisive!

VanessaNB
March 29th, 2003, 05:14 PM
In order for a longbow to be effetive at long range (and by this, piercing armour and killing) they must have about, I can't remember, I think it's about 200 pounds of pull. People who used these things had deformed spines because of the way you had to pull on a weight of that size. I couldn't even pull back 100 pounds. It was my uncle's high tech deerhunting bow, I didn't even have an arrow, and wasn't trying to aim at something. It made this kind of pathetic twang, and I was trying as hard as I could. Of course, I'm stronger now, but I doubt I'd do much better.
I imagine Redwally squirrels used shoulder bows, they probably only had 60-80 pounds on 'em (also note that squirrels had to fly through trees with these, and your standard longbow is about as tall as the owner). That's still pretty dangerous to an enemy without any armour, and you have to be able to carry it through the trees.
And that concludes todays "Vanessa Talks About Pointy Things".

Goozy
March 29th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Well, if it's only Redwall style weaponry, I'd go for a dirk or dagger. Battleaxes are too hard to swing and swords.. eh.. cliche! Every warrior has one! ;)

If we could get a bit more exotic, I'd choose the katar. Katars are a dagger like weapon.. except a.. bit different. I'm not sure if Brian would ever include a katar in his works, but if he does.. eee! Awesome! They're an older weapon, coming from I believe, India and the surrounding areas, so.. maybe!

Here's an example of what they look like:

http://www.polaris.net/services/image-archive/weapons///katar01.jpg

And here's an example of a person (or in this case, a Ragnarok Online assassin) holding a pair:

http://hinote.kansetsu.net/barachan_deskro03.jpg

See? Nice weapons!

VanessaNB
March 30th, 2003, 03:56 PM
You mean that guy in the foreground wearing a kinfe? I want one of those. And a million dollars.
Swords might be cliche, but there's a reason they're so popular. Anyone who can swing a stick can use a sword, if you're willing to learn proper techniques. When I say proper techniques...my sister and I were using sword-sticks, and as I try to use what little parry/thrust skill I have, my sister was just thwacking out madly. If it had been life and death, I coulda dodged around her and *slice*, because " I don't wanna hear about all that 'parry' stuff".
In Halifax, in the Really Big Mall, there's a stand called "House of Knifes", and it's cool because it has some very good swords, from little short swords to a huge broadsword (called a Wallace sword). They even have Gandalf's thingy, Glamdring, and I've got enough to pay for it;) Maybe I should buy it, my sword-stick is about the same length...

Goozy
March 30th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Yarr. Not saying it's not skill that's come into play, if anything, you need skill to use any weapon to it's full extent.

Dirk, dagger, crossbow, longbow, shortbow, handbow, scimatar, pike, javelin, battleaxe, broadsword, shortsword, longsword, rapier, that-sword-that-has-a-bad-word-for-name-and-if-I-spell-it out-this-thing-will-edit-it~!

All those take skill to use. *nod me*

VanessaNB
March 31st, 2003, 05:46 PM
That sword that has a bad name for a name is also called a hand and a half sword, and plain old sword, so I wouldn't worry. Gah, Vanessa-correcting-things time again. Blame it on reading a Dungeons and Dragons character guide...can you imagine telling your parents that you now have a *that word* sword?
I still want Glamdring. It's so shiny...

MoonShadow
March 31st, 2003, 06:22 PM
I want throwing ninja stars. Though I seriously doubt BJ will ever put ninja-style weapons in there. Now... an Abbey Warrior that weilds a reverse blade sword... that would be cool. Yes, I think TV has been warping my mind. But seriously, I think that would make an interesting twist to the story.

Darkhood_343
March 31st, 2003, 08:22 PM
Moon-moon
Now... an Abbey Warrior that weilds a reverse blade sword... that would be cool.
Kenshin has that kind of effect on people... It'd be cool to see some ninja-type weapons in there though... Oh, and Gooz, you could put a dash or something in the middle to block the sensors, unless the sword actually is a swear word.

Goozy
March 31st, 2003, 08:47 PM
The sensor was fickle with me earlier. I forgot why though.. ah well. *grin*

Martin the Warrior
April 1st, 2003, 07:14 PM
As I recall, you got hit for saying "assassin", a problem I corrected immediately. ;)

Goozy
April 3rd, 2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah! That was it!

Mariel StormRider
November 26th, 2003, 11:26 PM
definatly the sword of Martin!!!

t@gg :)
December 1st, 2003, 07:02 PM
i would like a long bow because long range weapons are cooler. i'd also carry a knife for close range combat.

Lord Sarkin
December 12th, 2003, 05:08 PM
my redwall weapon of choice would be a double sided javelin like darkhoods.its fun to twirl those things. *hits brother in face*

LordTBT
December 12th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Large large broadsword :D

Saban
October 2nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
I'd say the longbow I made, and a dagger :)
And me uncle's sword.(It's really kewl)

Sucky thing is me mother won't let me shoot my bow unless i'm at my grandparents' house. She says i'll end up hitting the neighbor's house(the neighbors are evil so i really don't care but i don't want to pay them $100 to get their windo fixed).

Saban
October 2nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
I'd say the longbow I made, and a dagger :)
And me uncle's sword.(It's really kewl)

Sucky thing is me mother won't let me shoot my bow unless i'm at my grandparents' house. She says i'll end up hitting the neighbor's house(the neighbors are evil so i really don't care but i don't want to pay them $100 to get their window fixed).

sorry there is two but i clicked submit to hard soit put two

Josiah the Warrior
October 2nd, 2005, 10:40 PM
It's ok, everyone double posts sometimes, but for future reference, when that happens, most people edit the second post and replace it with *sorry, double post* or something along those lines. Also, as a general rule of thumb around here we don't "ressurect" threads, aka reply to threads, that are over 6 months old, if you wish to discuss something in a thread over six months old, you can make a new one. By the way, welcome to the forums. ;)

Hisk
October 2nd, 2005, 10:46 PM
Stupid BJ for not using crossbows. I made one that can hit a small painted X at 10 metres (32 feet)!

In terms of Redwall weapons- it'd probebly be the spear or pike. Yes, pikes were mentioned a few times.

Bobpawhare29
October 2nd, 2005, 10:58 PM
For me I would use pike,Javelin, or Bow. They just seem cool

Grath
October 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
I like bows, swords, and daggers, both a pointy and sharp. Oh yeah and shiny. :D

RockJaw_Grang
October 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Being RockJaw Grang I would of Course Have A longe Bow THat was as Big as a badger lords A light Saber And plenty of Javilens. and Sinc I have Made and threw javilens Bows and Sabers I think I am fairly good with all of them My Cuzin and I used to make Sabers out of Wood but when we got older we made them out of mettel useing old peices of metel and grindeing it down (sinc we live on A Ranch\Farm We have acsess to this stuff. And thenwe would fight it was pretty fun. :D

P.s. I was much better then him and alwass won with Saber :cool:

Tesra
October 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM
A dagger because it's light and practical to carry on, and a weapon to shot an ennemy when he is less near. A bow, why not ?

Hisk
October 7th, 2005, 08:04 PM
That's basically the same thing I would do- with the exception that I would have a crossbow if was able to. A dirk would be best for the dagger job (it's a small sword basically, and more powerful than a normal knife).

PS. Welcome. ;)

less near
That would be "farther away". I always seem to make that mistake too with "moins loin"...no sweat.

Warrier
October 8th, 2005, 11:58 AM
swords are the best:cool:

Josiah the Warrior
October 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Basket hilted rapier. (Zigu)