PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite RWTV "Season"?

Slagar the Cruel
October 23rd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Like the title sez.

Martin the Warrior
October 23rd, 2002, 08:41 PM
While I enjoy all three of them (even season one), not even MTW could compare to the experience of seeing that first episode of Mattimeo and the subsequent parts. Best adaptation of the bunch.

Slagar the Cruel
October 27th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Agreed. It's too hard to watch MTW without noticing all the little changes. Mattimeo, at times, seemed a verbatim adaption - not to mention it's my favorite Redwall book. :p

The Red Badger
October 29th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Matti is coolness. All that needs to be said.

Lord Servone
November 1st, 2002, 04:00 PM
Ah! I voted too soon. Though some of my favorite episodes of the show were from Martin the Warrior, I guess my favorite over all would also be Mattimeo. Still voted for MTW though...

Airemia
November 1st, 2002, 05:56 PM
I voted for Mattimeo. I thought it was adapted the best, and it's probably my favourite book out of the three.

MoonShadow
November 2nd, 2002, 02:17 PM
Well, I voted for Mattimeo, because I like confusing people by calling out the name randomly in class. ;b I did do that once, and a guy named "blank" (guess ;b) thought I had called his name.

Seriously, Mattimeo is my favorite out of all of them.... It was the best to watch for whatever reason.... I guess because it was pretty close to the book. And plus, the opening sequence just sent chills up your spine the best out of the three.

Martin the Warrior did not really impress me. What I really didn't like was how Pallum was a GIRL! Plus, I wasn't overly fond of Rose's voice, and it just could be been better.

Redwall? Well, I didn't watch the whole thing, so I can't give an opinion on it, but then, I didn't watch all of MtW yet, but since I saw Redwall a long, long time ago.... Redwall was too off the story....

Red Draco
November 2nd, 2002, 04:32 PM
I agree, Mattimeo was my favourite too. Of course, I'm biased because it's hands down my favourite Redwall book. But there was no experience like watching the intro for the first time and recognizing every single scene from out of the book. I just thought to myself, "Man, this is gonna rock." I was right.

Cale Yin
November 3rd, 2002, 06:02 PM
I haven't watched any since ... Redwall, and I think I saw the episode of Matti where they got stucked in the cave.

Baby Rollo
November 4th, 2002, 05:42 PM
I liked Mattimeo 'cause it had my ancestor Baby Rollo. He looked and talked just like me.

Lady Terra
November 9th, 2002, 07:45 AM
well i've only seen one episode and that was a long time ago. and i think it was like right in the middle of it. :/

Badrang
November 10th, 2002, 10:38 AM
I voted for Matti, 'coz it's the best adapted. AND because my stupid PBS quit showing Redwall before MTW came on! AAAAUGH!!!

Aweel. From what I've seen of MTW at Redwall.tv (http://www.redwall.tv) I'm almost GLAD they canceled [sp?] it.

THEY MADE ME LOOK LIKE A WOLF!!!
A FLAMIN' BLOODY WOLF!!!!
:mad:

But Cloggo's accent is quite fun...
'Tis Russian, no?
And speaking of Russian...

Russian Names Song

Lyrics by Tom Ruegger (from a poem)

Russian names are a kind of a game
There's a first, a last and a middle name
Giving the first is the mama's chore
Like Boris, Alexander or Fyador
Last name comes from the family
Like Pushkin, Basylrov or Porfiry
With the middle name, now here comes the fun. The papa gives his first name to the son
He then adds an -ovitch or -yevitch to the end
Here is an example so you'll comprehend
The papa's name is Sonov, now here's the switch
The kid's middle name is Sonov-ovich
So kid's middle name is Sonov-ovich. Ya!

(I got this from

Krankor's Unofficial Road Rovers Page (http://members.tripod.com/~RRStuff/rovtheme.htm) )

VanessaNB
November 10th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Cloggo's accent isn't really Russain.
And Baddy doesn't really look like stoat, I know, but in real life they're pretty scrawny. And just because a certain ruler doesn't look exactly like a stoat, doesn't make a show bad. Some of it was flippin' hilarious.
Did ya hear what he called me? "Sweet Cloggo". Ain't that 'andsome?

Madd The Sane
June 9th, 2003, 04:34 PM
I voted for Martin. For one, the moles are the right type (button-nosed), among other reasons

true_redwaller
June 9th, 2003, 05:09 PM
OH I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!! I liked them all as much! But I have to admit the ending of MTW always *sniffles* makes me want to cry!

Rillflag27
June 9th, 2003, 05:56 PM
I havent gotten up early enough to watch them, but I've seen some from Matti but I wont vote cause I should see episodes from the other ones

Primrose
June 12th, 2003, 04:10 PM
hmmmmm......I don't know. I would have loved to see MTW, but it was canceled here too. Mattimeo and Redwall were both good. I happened to like the voice artists in Redwall better, but I'm not sure. Matti was a batter adaption by far, so I'll go with that

Vulpa
June 26th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Wow, I'm surprised season 2 has so many fans. I'm a fan of season 1 myself, and I regret not having seen all of MTW. I just kept forgetting to tune in. :(

Bagira_GoldenPlume
May 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Mine is season #1. I love the original characters they've add like Wild-Ivy and Farlo and his wife Glendel (sounds like "Gwendel")

Lord Thunderpaw
May 28th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Please stop posting in old threads!