PDA

View Full Version : Names?

Lonna Bowstripe
March 11th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Just wondering, how many of you are actually named after a Redwall character? Some are pretty obvious–the main characters–such as Martin, Dandin, me, Grath, etc., but some minor characters aren't. I had no idea Cheese and Trowbaggs were named after characters until I re-read their respective books a few weeks ago.

Felldoh
March 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I am, but I'm sure most people remember Felldoh... he seemed to be a pretty main hero.

Cornflower
March 11th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I picked my username because of the character Cornflower from "Redwall" and "Mattimeo", but that probably is obvious because she was a major character.

Bladeswift
March 11th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Nope, I came up with this name myself.

I dislike using the names of my favorite characters as my own.

1) It feels like I'm stealing it from the person who created the name.

2)What if I ever came across a character that I like better, or if I change my mind and begin to dislike that character?

Ringmaster
March 11th, 2005, 05:35 PM
If I would have used the name of a charecter it would have been Faran the Poisoner

LordTBT
March 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I prefer to create my own character, instead of being forced to go by what Jacques wrote.

Felldoh
March 11th, 2005, 05:46 PM
As much as I liked Felldoh, if I were to just be making a Long Patrol Forum account, I'm sure I'd use the name Vammtur instead of Felldoh. Does anyone know what Vammtur means? :D

Barkstripe
March 11th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Mine is from redwall. not very major though. The only time he says anything is in the dark forest

Badrang3
March 11th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Badrang is the villian in Martin the Warrior. And yet I'm sure everyone is aware of that.

What book was Trowbaggs from?

Lyrian Aryns
March 11th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Trowbaggs was one of the young hares in The Long Patrol, if I'm not mistaken. The one the sergeant guy was always yelling at.

As for Lyrian... stolen, but not from Redwall.

Senav
March 12th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Chalk up another for the made up names. I couldn't think of a character to name myself after, and I preferred this twisting of my own name.

Kreeve
March 12th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I liked the name Kroova
so I changed it into Kreeve.

-Kreeve

Cheesethief
March 12th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know what Vammtur means? No idea, except you use it as your deviantart tag.

Well, I don't have that strong feelings for the character of Cheesethief. I sort of liked him, and used the name 'cos all the good ones were taken up. :D

Hisk
March 12th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I use Hisk cuz i think its a pretty good sounding name.

Basils #1 fan
March 22nd, 2005, 03:10 PM
I am named after a character in the books.I'm sure youll already know that though. :D

Chelki Sureshot
March 22nd, 2005, 03:30 PM
I combined my first name and my last name, and came up with Chelki. Everyone pronounces it Chelkee, but really it's Chelkeye. Like the eye that you blink with. Sureshot because I'm a pretty good aim with my longbow, if I can get the string pulled back all the way. ;)